Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Mamma Giulia visits the new house.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


3 Weeks Later



“Mamma, leave the dishes!  I’ll put them in the dishwasher later”,  Lia found her mother’s constant puttering and fussing a little nerve wracking.


“Perche’ aspettare quando ho due mani perfettamente buone per lavarli con?”, (Why wait when I have two perfectly good hands to wash them with?) Giulia explained.


“Perche’ tu mi rendi nervoso con la pulizia”, (because you make me nervous with all your cleaning)  Lia replied.


“Sei stato sciocco. Inoltre, mi piace aiutare voi”, (You’re being silly.  Besides, I like helping you).


Lia sighed.  There was no use arguing with her mother when she decided something needed to be done and she was the only one who could do it.


“Si abitua all’aiuto ora, saro solo sempre piu di esso piu lungo si ottiene nella tua gravidanza”, (Get used to the help now, you’ll only be getting more of it the further along you get in your pregnancy.)


Lia’s shock flashed across across her face, but she recovered quickly.  “Mamma, I think that’s just wishful thinking on your part”, she said with a nervous laugh.


“Oh please.  A woman can recognize the signs of pregnancy in another woman, ESPECIALLY when the other woman is her child.  You’re always sleeping, if you’re not sleeping you’re peeing and your breast are getting bigger”.


Lia could deny it no longer.  “Yes, Mamma, I am pregnant we-”


“UN NUOVO NIPOTINO!”(A new grandchild!) Giulia clapped her hands gleefully “Mi figlia...una mamma poco!  Sono cosi felice!” (My daughter...a little mommy!  I’m so happy!)


Giulia rushed around the kitchen island, grabbed Lia by her face and began covering it with kisses then hugged her tightly.


Dominic walked into the kitchen and eyed the two women before he walked over to them and joined in on the hug.


“Why are we hugging?”  he asked.


“Because you’re giving me another grandchild”, said Giulia, her voice muffled due to being swallowed up in Dom’s embrace.

“You TOLD!  I thought we were going to tell everyone at the housewarming party!”


“I DIDN’T tell, she guessed!”


“I didn’t guess, I KNEW”.


“Well...I get to tell Pop, then”.


“You WILL NOT tell Pop.  Everyone else will find out at the housewarming next week”, Lia said, smacking Dominic on his chest.


“Mamma’s gonna tell him anyway”, he huffed.


“Mamma”,  Lia said, her tone carrying a warning.  “You CAN NOT tell papa, okay?”


“I won’t tell, I promise”, she said with a smile.  “Wait...what about the wedding?  You can’t be walking down the aisle with a big belly, and my grandson certainly shouldn’t be at his parent’s wedding”.


“Well first of all, it’s a girl.  Second, what’s the problem with Lia being visibly pregnant when we get married?  I’m sure she wouldn’t be the first woman to wear a maternity wedding dress”.


Both women looked up at him like he’d just summoned the devil.  


“I don’t want to wear a maternity wedding dress, and I don’t want to get married after the baby gets here”.


Giulia walked over to the patio doors and looked out at the backyard.  “We could have the wedding right here.  I’m sure Tira can pull something together in a couple of weeks.  You could have a small, simple ceremony in the yard, and have a little reception inside”.


Dominic and Lia looked at each other, both considering the idea.


“What do you think, baby daddy?  You wanna marry me in the backyard next month?”


“Woman, I wanted to marry you the day after I met you.  And I’d marry you in a landfill, as long as I get to call you my wife”.


“It’s settled, then”.  Giulia said with a glint in her eyes that made Lia a little nervous. “I’ll call Tira today so that we can get started.  We girls can go shopping for your bridal gown on Saturday. I’ll call papa’s friend Emilio.  He’s the best tailor in the city and he’ll get you fixed up with suits at a discount. He owes papa for catering his daughter’s wedding at a steep discount.  Well, what are you standing there for?  Muoviti!”

Dominic turned and looked at Lia.  “You heard her!  Move it!”


****************************************************


Dominic called Mike later that evening.


“Why do you ALWAYS call when I’m about to get pussy?!” Mike said in a hushed tone as he answered his phone. “Do you have some kind of ‘no pussy for Mike’ radar, dude?”


“Well hello to you, too asswipe”,  Dominic said, laughing. “Dude, you’re always ‘about to get’ or ‘trying to get’ pussy.  You either get it, or you don’t, brother.  Maybe if you stopped BEGGING some not too bright woman will take pity on you”.


“Fuck you, man.  I have a very lovely, very FLEXIBLE young lady currently cooling off on my couch that I need to get back to, so state your business...quickly”.


“Fair enough.  I remember you saying the night you took me to the airport-”


“And watched your dog…”


“And watched my dog, that your request for compensation would be to stand up with me at my wedding.  Well, I would like to pay in full.  Lia and I are getting married next month and I want you to be my best man”.


The silence on the other end of the call went on long enough for Dom to wonder if the call got disconnected.


“Mike?  You there, mate”.


“You’re getting married next month??  Is she pregnant?  She’s pregnant, isn’t she?”


“What? No...why would you?  No...not pregnant.  Definitely not pregnant”.


“Dom, how can you be such a great actor while managing to be the worse liar on the planet?”


Dominic lowered his voice to a whisper. “Yes, she’s pregnant, four months along now”.


“HOLY SHIT!  Congratulations, man.  I’m happy for you.  Although I am sad that I’ll no longer have the opportunity to steal the Goddess away from you”.


“You NEVER had that opportunity, mate.  Lia has better taste in men...clearly”.


“And again I say, FUCK YOU”.


“So, you haven’t answered the question, fuckwit.  Best man...you in or out?”


“All in, brother.  I’m surprised you would even have to ask.  Just give me the particulars and I’ll be there”.


“All right, mate.  I’ll let you get back to your guest.  Call me tomorrow so we can go over travel plans and dates and things”.


“Will do.  Kiss Lia for me.  And make sure it’s slow and sensual with a lot of tongue”.


“Do you WANT to die, asshole”.  


Mike laughed.  “Talk to you later, bro.  And congrats man, seriously.  I’m happy for you”.


“Thanks Mike. Take care man”.


******************************************


“I’m excited.  Are you excited?”,  Dom whispered while they were waiting for the ultrasound technician.  


Lia looked at him and giggled.  “Yeah, I’m REALLY excited”.


“Where’s the person?  I want to get this show on the road”


“Be patient, honey.  I’m sure it won’t be much longer”.


And as if conjured by her words, the technician, a petite indian woman,  entered the room and greeted them warmly.


“So we’re taking baby’s first picture today?”


“And settling a bet.  My mother-in-law says we’re having a boy, but I believe we’re having a girl”.


The technician laughed.  “Well it’s a safe bet that one of you will be right.  Let’s get started”.


The technician moved Lia’s paper gown out of the way and squeezed cold gel onto her abdomen.  She began moving the wand and suddenly on the monitor they could see their baby’s little body.  Neither of them could take their eyes off of the screen.  Dominic took Lia’s hand and kissed her palm.  


“Well, Mr. MacCleod, it’s looks like you will have to inform your mother-in-law that she lost the bet.  Your baby is definitely a girl”.


Dom and Lia looked at each other with big grins on their faces.  He leaned in close to her and kissed her gently on her lips.  “Never doubt me again, woman”.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.