Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The juices are flowing again.  There may only be 2 or 3 chapters left on this one.  This is a short one.  I know y'all hate that, but I write in spurts when the inspiration strikes.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Little Allegra Rose MacCleod was born on September 14th, at 3:48am.  She weighed in at a whopping 9lbs, 1oz and according to everyone who saw her, was the prettiest baby they’d ever seen.  She had a head full of dark hair, a round face like her Auntie Nessa, but she was Lia’s mini me in every other way (except for her fingers and toes...those were all Dom).  She had dark blue eyes, but that was typical in newborns.  Dr. Riley advised them that while a child’s eye color didn’t actually set until they were 2 years of age, they’d have a pretty good idea what color Allegra’s eyes would be in a few months.


Dominic sat in the plush glider in Lia’s hospital room, cuddling his daughter, looking down at her sweet face.  Her eyes were open and she appeared to be listening intently to her father.  “Well little girl, you and your mamma have had quite a morning, so far.  She seems to be the worse for wear, though.  Here you are with your eyes wide open, takin’ it all in and your mamma looks like she’s been run over by a truck”,  He laughed then said, “Don’t tell her I said that.  That’s between us, little missy.


I gotta tell ya, Allie girl, you’ve struck me.  It’s love at first sight for me, dearie.  That’s only happened with one other person, and that’s your mamma.  Struck me like a bolt of lightning, she did.  And now here you are, her spitting image.  I’ve got the two of ya to love and protect, and I feel blessed, little bairn.  You and your mamma have blessed me, I swear”, Dom said with tears in his eyes.  “Yup, I’m blessed indeed”.


****************************************************


2 weeks later


Edinburgh, Scotland:


Aileen MacCleod opened her Gmail account and saw an email from her daughter.  It had been too many months since she’d seen or spoken to her two youngest children and she missed them terribly.  She had been especially close to Nessa and her heart ached for her.  As such she opened the email, her heart racing.  She’d hoped that her daughter was reaching out to pave the way for reconciliation.  When she opened the email, there was one line written ‘ Dominic and Lia MacCleod, married May 19th. Allega Rose MacCleod, born September 14th.  9lbs, 1oz.’ along with two picture attachments.  Aileen clicked it open and there on her computer screen was her son, Dominic smiling proudly, holding the most beautiful little baby she’d ever seen.  The second was a picture of Dominic and Lia, standing under a flowered trellis, engaged in a kiss.


“Allegra Rose”, She whispered. Aileen put her hand to her mouth and wept in shame.  She was going to miss out on her granddaughter’s life if she fix what she and her husband had broken.  “WILLIAM!”, she shouted to her husband.  “WILLIAM!”


“Are ya mad, woman?  Shouting out like that, ya scared me half ta death!”  William exclaimed as he flew into the room, eyes widened.


“Didn’t mean ta scare ya.  Just wanted to show ya something”.  She moved away from the computer and pointed at the picture on the screen.  “That’s yer son...and yer granddaughter”.  William moved closer to the computer and looked at the picture up close.  He clicked the picture closed and left the room.


Aileen followed closely behind him.  “William, yer granddaughter.  Did ya not see her?  She’s beautiful, simply beautiful and yer going to miss out on her life because of yer pride?  It’s foolish, William.  Just foolish”.


“Dominic chose that woman over his blood kin!  He turned his back on us and turned our only daughter against us!”


“Lia’s his wife now, Bill.  They were married in May and we missed it.  Our granddaughter was born on September 14th and we MISSED it!  If we don’t mend our relationships with our children, there’ll be more moments missed.  You won’t get to walk Nessa down the aisle when she marries.  Will ya miss more of your grandchildren’s births because of anger and pride?  I’ll not do it, William MacCleod.  I’m going to call yer son and daughter and tell them that I’d like to come to see the baby and them, and beg for forgiveness.  On my knees if I have to.  I’ll not miss another moment of their lives”.


“I’ll not allow that, Aileen”,  William said firmly.

 

“Well it’s a good thing I’m not asking yer permission then, isn’t it?”












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.