Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I am calling it the Winchester Chronicles for lack of a better title.  It begins with the Death of the Demon using my AU version. There are three Stories in this series but the third one is not quite done.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Cassie and Dean pic

John glared at the Demon as he raised the colt to “blow him away”.

“Back to Hell you Son of a Bitch.”

The Demon that had taunted them for twenty-five years finally evaporated into a million pieces of ash. They all coughed as the ash floated in the air. Sam grabbed the baby boy out of crib while Dean helped the mother of the floor.

--

One Week Before,

Sam woke up from a sound sleep with a deafening ringing in his ears. He sat up and looked around the room to see Dean on the laptop while John snored quietly in his bed. After a few minutes Sam grabbed his head as he tried to avoid screaming out as images flashed through his mind. He took deep breaths to relax to let the vision materialize, his visions had finally developed to the point that he allowed them to come to him with little resistance.

--

Dean looked over to see his younger brother was in conflict.

“Hey, you okay?”

“I had a vision the Demon is going after someone else.”

Sam looked at Dean with triumph in his eyes.

“It’s back in Lawrence.”

“This time we will kill the Bastard,” Dean insisted.

On the way to Lawrence, the next day they worked on a cover story to tell the family but later decided the truth would be more effective in this case.

--

When they arrived at the home, the mother answered the door holding the baby who looked to be about six months old. She seemed friendly and happy to have visitors. Sam took the job of spokesperson as he introduced them all. She smiled unsure why three men were at her door, though she did not feel threatened.

“How can I help you?” she asked guardedly.

“Well it’s a bit of a long story but to put it plainly we believe you are in danger,” Sam said with a frown as he watched the innocent baby sucking on his hand.

Her smile fell but she did not shut the door on them as they expected but invited them in to the house and they followed her to the airy modern kitchen.

--

Silently she placed the baby in the portable crib that sat near the kitchen table as she prepared glasses of water for everyone before she sat down with tears streaming down her cheeks.

“Are you okay?” John asked concerned that they had frightened her.

She got up for a paper towel then dabbed her eyes.

“I’m sorry I’m just confused as to how you could know that something is very wrong here when I don’t know you….by the way my name is Jenny.

Dean hesitantly explained their family’s background including Sam’s gift so that she would understand how they had known to show up at her doorstep. She nodded when he was done as though what he had told her was the most natural thing in the world.

--

“I believe that there are things that go bump in the night because the house where I grew up was home to a malevolent spirit. I was the only one to ever to see or experience its presence. We moved away once my parents where finally convinced that what I was telling them about was real when they came in my room to see me pinned to the wall by an invisible force. I was terrified though it didn’t harm me; maybe it just wanted us to leave,” Jenny explained.

The Winchesters were relieved as they let out a collective sigh, telling her the truth had been a long shot. She could have easily kicked them out or phoned the police after hearing their sordid tale.

--

“Unfortunately, my husband, Robert is not a believer he thinks I have an overactive imagination. I’m not psychic but I do feel cold spots as well as have an awareness of being watched at times.”

“After hearing our story do you think there are any similarities to your situation?” Sam asked in his soothing voice.

Jenny was quiet again as she got up to refill her glass.

“The baby, Billy, moves things with his mind.

“Oh,” Sam said before he realized it was out of his mouth.

“So we just need to convince your husband about this thing before it attacks,” Dean added.

“Yes, Robert can be stubborn but I will talk with him about it,” she replied as she walked them to the door.

“Thanks in advance for being willing to do this.”

They nodded humbly as they headed to their vehicles.

--

Later that week, the Winchesters met with Robert for lunch. The tall blonde strolled in with a confidence that even Dean envied, when he spotted them he came over, introduced himself then had a seat as though they were all old friends. After they ordered, they got straight to business.

“So you have been watching our house?”

“We are trying to prevent another tragedy like the one that happened to us twenty-five years ago,” John said as he looked at Robert’s face that now seemed filled with fear where a moment earlier John thought he had seen arrogance.

“Your wife told you what we do and who we are right?” Dean asked just to be certain that he didn’t need to re-tell the story.

Robert nodded unsurely.

“I didn’t want to believe what Jenny said, not because I don’t trust her but it was mainly pride. We spent everything we had on that house,” he said as he struggled to keep his emotions in check. Dean turned away, Oh God another emotional male.

“Well once we kill the thing you will be able to stay in your house and we can finally get on with our lives,” Sam insisted.

--

It had been four days since they began to watch the house; late that night just as Dean was nodding off in the front seat and John snored in the back Sam noticed Robert banging on the window.

“Guys wake up this is it,” he said as he rushed out of the car.

John and Dean grabbed the stuff before heading inside behind Sam.

Jenny was face to face with the Demon when they saw her; Billy was crying like crazy as Robert paced impatiently outside the room. The instructions to him had been simply to be alert and let them know if something weird happened; he had done his job now he waited in anguish. Sam and Dean watched as the Demon slid Jenny up the wall just before John came in with the colt.

--

One Week Later,

After they killed the Demon Sam couldn’t decide if he really wanted go back to Stanford or not. But he was certain Dean had been holding his cell phone the entire week staring at it in an effort to contact Cassie by telepathy he laughed as he watched his brother.

“Man just call her; you say you want to be with her and I know you love her so call already.”

“I called but she doesn’t pick up.”

“So she is busy working, having a life trying not to miss you, just leave a message.”

Dean looked at Sam like that was something that hadn’t occurred to him.

Once voicemail picked up Dean hesitated a moment. What if she has changed her mind about me? It’s been more than three months since we spoke.

“Cas give me a call we are headed your way,” he said into the phone glad that he had finally made contact.

--

Cassie got the message an hour later when she got in from work exhausted and in need of a shower. She listened to the message and a smile appeared on her face my baby. She decided to call him after her shower but once she was comfortable on the bed, she fell fast asleep. When she woke up with an overwhelming desire to empty her bladder it was after four a.m.

“Damn, it’s too late to call,” she said aloud.

She hoped she would have time to give him a ring during lunch the next day but she had to work right through it. She tried that night to call him but the call wouldn’t go through; Damn It, Dean charge your phone, a bit angry and discouraged to have missed him again

--

Two days had passed since she first heard from Dean and Cassie was in the grocery shopping when she saw a tall Brunette that reminded her of Sam. She was distracted by the man and dropped the baby's pacifier as the infant began to cry she picked her up then bent over to pick it up the toy to throw it in her purse. When she looked up Sam was beside her smiling.

“Hey Cassie. Who is the cutie?” he asked as he reached for the baby.

Her mouth felt dry as she swallowed hard as she handed the little girl to Sam.

“Hi Sam, how are you?”

“I’m good,” he replied as he kissed the baby’s cheek while the infant cooed for him.

Dean walked down the aisle unnoticed by them.

“Sammy.”

Sam turned around with the baby in his arms and Dean’s face dropped.

“Who’s baby?” he asked hesitantly.

“I don’t know ask Cassie.”

Sam moved out of the way to reveal Cassie’s downcast face to Dean.

“Hi Cassie,” Dean said uncertainly.

“Hi.”

Dean swallowed as he asked the question again.

“The baby is mine...her name is Deanna,” she said as the realization hit Dean that this was his child.

He reached up to look at the little tan baby girl and noticed right away the bright hazel eyes and sprinkling of freckles on her cheeks above a pair of pouty lips that looked alot like his own.

“She’s mine isn’t she?” he asked with anger in his face.

Cassie nodded before he walked away.

--

Sam didn’t miss a beat he looked at Cassie with a frown.

“He’ll get over it give it him some time okay.”

“I don’t know Sam I should have told him it wasn’t right for me to keep the news from him...Why are you two in town?”

Sam told her about the Demon including that Dean wanted to see her but, but left out the real reason they came to town since that was for Dean to reveal to her.

“Cassie this is a beautiful baby and it is yours and Dean’s; give him a couple days before you stop by the hotel on Main Street,” he added as he finally relinquished the baby to Cassie then hugged her before he left.

--

“Mom, Dean was furious when he saw us today he didn’t even give me a chance to say anything.”

“Give him some time Cassie; look how long it took you to get over the fact that you were pregnant.”

“Yea I was in shock most of my pregnancy then I was scared to bother Dean knowing he was busy with his ghost hunting,” she smiled to herself.

Her mom felt sorry for her, she knew how much she loved Dean and had tried to do the right thing. She decided she should do something to help her daughter out.

Dean was surprised to see Mrs. Robinson at the door the next day when he opened it expecting to see the pizza man. Sam disappeared as soon as he could to let them talk.

“Hi Dean.”

“Mrs. Robinson, have a seat please. How can I help you?”

She told him what Cassie had gone through as she tried to do the right thing during her pregnancy.

“What do you mean?”

“She had some medical problems the doctor suggested she abort Deanna several times, but Cassie refused because she wanted the baby so bad.”

“Deanna?”

“The baby is named after you.”

“Why?”

“She loves you and hoped that you would come around at some point. Dean, she loves that little girl; she works so much because she wants to be able to care for her on her own. I know I shouldn’t be telling you these things but I love my daughter, I hope you can forgive her not telling you. Please don’t tell her I was here she would be angry you know how stubborn she can be.”

Dean nodded, “ Oh of course not I wouldn’t do that.”

--

Dean was frustrated with Cassie for not letting him know she was pregnant but he loved her and had come to Missouri because he wanted to marry her. Maybe it was best for him to forgive her; to see that she had endured being alone even though it was not the way he would have wanted. He cruised the park while he pondered the idea of being a father. It wasn’t something he had ever considered before. On the other hand he had taken care of Sam all those years but that was different Sam was his brother. A flash of Deanna came to him, she was so beautiful with her dark curly hair and his eyes. How could he be angry with Cassie when he wanted so badly to hold his child, to hold her. He considered going by her house but he was afraid her mother would panic since she had come to see him just that day.

--

Sam had gone to get lunch before Dean finally emerged from the shower the next morning when someone knocked on the door.

“Hold on.”

He looked through the curtain so see that Cassie stood anxiously by the door. He threw on his jeans then answered the door shirtless.

“Hi.”

“Hey.” Dean said as he looked her up and down, hungry for the sight of her. Her hair was straightened the way she had worn it two days before; she wore a tank top and a short jean skirt. She didn’t look like a mother; she still looked like the woman he met almost three years before and had fallen madly in love with.

“May I come in?” she asked nervously.

“Sure.”

Cassie was suddenly hot when she saw that Dean stood in front of her with his toned abs on display. She swallowed hard. She sat on the edge of the bed closest to the door afraid her legs would buckle if she had talk to him standing up. The sight of him was having an effect.

Dean stood in front of her.

“I’m sorry I just walked away the way I did, Cas, it wasn’t…”

“No, Dean, its my fault I should have told you I was pregnant; I just didn’t want you to be concerned when you were busy and I never know if you are okay. I haven’t seen you in more than a year….”

He pulled her off the bed into his arms as her tears flowed. She wrapped her arms around him, tightly hoping this was a good sign.

“I came here because I hoped that you were still available to be my wife,” he said as he looked down into her eyes.

“You want to marry me?”

“I have always wanted you in my life permanently but I just didn’t know when we would kill the wretched Demon,” he said as he moved a stray hair behind her ear.

“You don’t have to do this.”

“Yes I do because I love you; I hope you still love me.”

She nodded as she kissed him with her hands on his face.

--

They didn’t plan it but after not seeing one another for so long the passion, they felt for one another poured out of them. Cassie looked in Dean’s eyes to see his love for her written on his face. She reached for the snap on his pants before he lifted her to the bed. They made love slowly exploring one another like it was their first time. Cassie enjoyed just being his arms again but to relish his lips was an extra delight. Dean couldn’t get enough of the feel of her skin he touched it over and over again his hands, roaming to and fro creating circles and evoking moans of pleasure from her.

--

Later, he smiled as he raised up to look in her eyes again.

“I missed you so much Cas, but I have one question.”

“What’s that?”

“When can I hold our baby?”

Cassie smiled, “Actually she is outside with Sammy waiting to meet you.”

“All this time Sam has had the baby outside?”

She nodded, “Well he took her to the restaurant but I’m sure he is taking good care of his niece.”

“I was concerned the baby would be bored with Geek Boy,” Dean teased.

“She seems to be quite fond of him.”

“Well that’s because she hasn’t officially met “her Daddy yet,” he grinned as they got up to dress.

Once the baby was in Dean’s arms, he was tempted to lose all control of his emotions that he held onto so tightly.

”What a beauty, she looks like the both of us,” Dean said as he held his three month old infant daughter close to his heart while she gurgled at him.

Cassie smiled; Dean was going to make a great father.

TBC