Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I am too tired to think anymore.


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Dean Winchester stood behind his bar-b-que grill with an apron over his jeans and t-shirt that said “kiss the cook”. Lisa had come over plenty of times to do just that.

She sat at the table with the other mothers. Judging by the look on their faces she had told them what the Doctor had said just two days before. They would never have a child of their own. An infection Lisa had for years built up scar tissue in her uterus. They couldn't afford invetro treatments.

She was depressed, but put on a great show. Ben was turning ten and all he wanted was a pool party with his friends. They were eager to keep him happy. He and his friends jumped into the pool splashing the young girls who lounged next to it.

"You have got to be kidding me." Dean swung around at the familiar voice.

Cassie stood at the back gate holding a large black book in her hands. A tall black man stood behind her. He screamed cop.

"Cassie?" The look on her face told him this wasn't a friendly visit.

He watched the man put a restraining hand on her shoulder. She knocked it away. Her hands flayed wildly.

"He gets to play house and have another woman's child call him daddy while Alana is at home caring for his child alone?" Dean's heart stopped cold when he heard Alana's name. He looked over at an equally stunned Lisa when she mentioned a baby.

"Dean, man I think you need to handle this before the kids hear her." His buddy Scott took the spatula from him.

"Yeah," Dean rushed over to Cassie as quickly as his legs would carry him. Lisa was behind him. "Let's go inside."

Cassie and Adam followed him through the patio boors. Lisa closed them behind her.

"Why didn't you check on Alana after your night together?" Cassie all but screamed at him. "You left her pregnant and alone. What were you thinking? You know what she's been through and you left her."

"There were things going on that I can't explain." He took Lisa's shaking hand.

"Here." She shoved the album at him. "She wouldn't tell me who the father was but as soon as I saw that baby I knew it was you. How dare you treat her like some gutter snipe."

The five by seven photo on the cover told Dean everything he needed to know. The baby was a miniature of him.

"God." Lisa's hand went to her stomach.

Cassie bit back a scathing remark. Adam had explained who Lisa was and her connection to Dean on their way over to the house. That was one of the things she loved about him. He was meticulous and efficient.

"I didn't know." He whispered.

"Of course you didn't. All your old numbers were disconnected. She didn't have a way of contacting you." Cassie balled her fist up in an effort not to hit him. "Here you are playing house with this woman and her child while Alana struggled to keep your son alive in her."

"What are you talking about? You can't blame Dean if he didn't know." Lisa defended. Her entire body shook. Dean has a child. A baby. A baby she could never give him.

"What are you going to do Dean?" Adam asked watching Cassie pace.

"He's going to claim his baby." Lisa answered for him. "Leave an address and we'll make arrangements to visit by the end of the week."

"Ha, going to bring your little family to visit the one you left behind?" She snarked.

"Damn it Cassie, I didn't know." He shouted.

"I don't believe you. If you really didn't suspect why did you cancel all of the numbers you gave me. So much for taking care of those you care about." Cassie said snidely.

"Cass…" Adam wrapped his arms around her. "Alana deserves better than this crap you've pulled. When you come to New York you better have a plan."

He led Cassie out of the house.

"Dean?" Lisa placed her hand on his arm.

"I'm sorry babe." He pulled her into his arms. He thought his life had settled down. Now he had a son and it wasn't by his girlfriend.

He had been considering adopting Ben, but that meant searching for his father and Lisa didn't want to do that. He looked over her shoulder at the picture on the album. The baby gave a half smile. He was beautiful.

"Alright. We can't deal with this now. Ben will notice we're gone." He nodded.

Lisa took the book and put it in the cabinet.

Out of sight, out of mind.

He followed her outside pasting a smile on his face when Ben ran up to him.

"Were you making a baby?" He asked. Lisa's shoulders hunched but she kept walking.

"Not today man." Dean tussled his hair.

Later

Dean sat in their bed looking at the intimate pictures of Alana and the baby. In fact all of them except the one on the cover showed Alana holding his son.

"It's like she doesn't want you to forget who his mother is." Lisa said from behind him.

"Alana is a good kid." He turned the page. She sat on her bed holding the baby to her breast. Her silver eyes took on a ghostly effect in the light. They had turned a deep gray when she shivered beneath him.

"I made arrangements to take time off from the studio. Carols giving me two weeks. Since Ben doesn't have school he can come and met his new baby brother." Dean nodded, but kept turning the pages. "We'll have to stay some place cheap and budget for meals, but we can make it work."

"Thanks, look I know…" She shook her head against his back.

"It doesn't matter."

 






Chapter End Notes:
The show is supernatural.