Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hope everyone is having a great 2012 so far!!! ~probably better then me seeing as ive just caught a cold lol. Anyways enjoy the update ^^




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 Bonds

 

“Then what about family?” YungJi continued with their conversation, wanting to find out even more about her life, and wanting her to learn more about him.

 

“Family...well I told you right. I moved to Japan when I was six years old.” She moved some of the food on her plate around before continuing. “The reason why I moved was because my mum died in a hit and run car accident. I was the only witness, but I can't remember what happened. I try, but I just can't, it meant that we never found the person who did it.”

 

She reached for her glass and took a sip of water. YungJi reached over and held her other hand gently. “I'm sorry that must have been hard.”

 

“No one has an easy life.” She smiled that beautiful smile of hers. “I'm just grateful for the family I have now, including Nao and Teru, they're like sisters to me.”

 

“Really, how did you guys meet?”

 

“I've actually known Teru a year longer then Nao. Teru's half Japanese half Korean, but when she first moved to Japan she didn't speak Japanese very well. She was 14 and had just joined my company to continue her training as a dancer. I was still a trainee at 13. I guess we just kind of clicked. She was having a hard time making friends because of the language barrier. I remembered what it was like, I was the same when I first moved over. So I introduced myself to her and our friendship started from there.”

 

“I'm surprised, she seemed to make friends so easily with the other dancers today.”

 

Sora laughed. “She's actually really sociable, even back then, people just weren't patient. Ha- but Nao, this girl, is definitely the over the top type of person. She could talk for hours none stop.” She couldn't stop herself from laughing at the memories. “I think sometimes people couldn't see past that. Me included at first. But I soon realised that she's one of the nicest and wisest people out there.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Really. There was this time when I was really upset, I was crying in the dressing room. That day was the first time I was recording a music video, not mine, I was still a trainee then. Some girls had made comments about my skin.” YungJi noticed how she tugged on the end of a long black translucent silk sleeve unconsciously. “They were making nasty comments about how my arms must have stretch marks, because I was bigger then them. Not what I would now think as overweight but you know, the usual childish bitchy comments,” her eyes flicked up at him and back down again. To be honest YungJi hadn't even noticed any stretch marks, and didn't really care. To him things like that just weren't important. But he could see how her insecurities had formed from bad experiences

 

“Back then I really took it to heart. Nao was 16 and just doing some work experience, but despite that she was the one who took it upon herself to defend me and put them in there place. I think she said something along the lines of 'instead of wasting your energy bitching, you should move your jealous anorexic ass's back in the practice room, because this girl just out danced you ten fold and you know it.'

 

“We've all been friends since. I honestly don't know where I would be without them. I'm quiet envious of you guys, you've always had each other, being a solo performer can feel lonely at times, but knowing that those two are always there for me keeps me going.”

 

“I know the feeling. I’m not saying that we've always been the best of friends, but to me they are my brothers, no matter what.”

 

“I can tell. You guys are really in sync with each other, especially you and YunHwa.”

 

“Yeah me and YunHwa go way back, we both started training from a young age like you. Back then I wasn't even sure I would make it, I was more of a dancer then singer. But YunHwa, he's different, he always knew he'd get there. He may not look it, but that guy's determined, definitely born a leader.”

 

“Then the others, they joined you two later?”

 

“Yep, back then we were all just a bunch of adolescent teens with big dreams. There were no guarantees that we'd make it, but we did.”

 

They grinned at each other, both feeling the same thing. Pride, they'd worked their way up from the bottom to the top. Both fighting against the odds, to be where they wanted to be.

 

 

***

 

 

“And you're sure that you didn't want any dessert?” YungJi and Sora walked outside the restaurant. Taking their time as they strolled down the street idly, enjoying the warm summer evening, and the company of each other.

 

“Yep I’m sure. Thanks for dinner, it was really good, I’m stuffed.”

 

“I'm glad you liked it.” He reached over and wrapped his right hand around her left, as they continued to walk along the street.

 

“Yeah, I was surprised. I knew the food would be good, but I wasn't expecting such an intimate atmosphere.”

 

“That's what I like about the place, we always make sure to stop by.”

 

“How many times have you and the guys been to London?”

 

“A couple of times now, but only for a day or two. How about you?”

 

“I haven't been back since I was six.”

 

They stopped in font of YungJi's car.

 

“I guess it just didn't feel right, until now.”

 

“Here.” Feeling like it was finally the right time, YungJi reached into his pocket and took out a small charm. “I brought this the day we went phone shopping, before we met up. I didn't have the courage to give it to you until now.” Sora took the phone charm, it was a cute miniature purple panda drinking a vanilla milkshake that was the same size as it.

 

“It's perfect. Really, it's just perfect. Thank you.” She kissed his cheek quickly.

 

“I know it's cheesy, but,” he reached into his pocket again “I just couldn't stop myself from buying them.” He held onto a matching purple panda phone charm, the only difference being his panda was drinking from a chocolate milkshake instead, and wore a small bow tie around it's neck.

 

The first thing that Sora did when she sat in his car was attach the phone charm to her mobile. She couldn't stop playing around with it as he drove her home.

 






Chapter End Notes:

~I know it was short but I'll update again soon. Please rate and review, I like reading peoples feedback ;D

-PurpleChocolate







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.