Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Happy Chinese New year guys!!! ><




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Expectations

 

 

 

“Are you ready, the interview will be starting in a few minutes.”

 

“Yep I’m ready. Thanks for getting me the Aloe Vera juice Mio.”

 

“No problem, what are managers for.” She joked. “Sorry I couldn't come round for dinner last night, I was busy finalising a couple of things with Doping Panda, they've given you the go ahead with talking about the performance in this interview, which is good. What did you and the girls get up to?”

 

Sora groaned inwardly. She felt terrible for lying to Mio. As her cousin, she felt like she wanted to tell her everything to do with Yung. But Mio wasn't just her cousin, she was her manager too, and in the end she just didn't want to complicate things right now. “Oh, nothing much just the usual, good food and a cheesy DVD to match.”

 

“That's good, as long as you're getting as much rest as possible. I know that this hasn't turned out to be much of a holiday, but, it is a chance to relax a bit.”

 

“I know.” There was a knock at the door.

 

“That'll be the magazine reporter now, I’ll leave you to it, I’m just in the room next door if you need me.”

 

The young guy walked in carrying a small mac notebook.

 

“Hi I’m Tom Smith, it's a pleasure to meet you, I’ve been a big fan of yours since you debuted.”

 

She shook his hand, “Thanks, it's always nice to meet a fan.”

 

“I'd also like to thank you for agreeing to this interview with Neo Magazine.”

 

“No problem, I’ve read the magazine and I really like it.”

 

“Thank you, well then how about we start this interview. I’ll be taking notes myself as well as recording it on the macbook.”

 

“That sounds good to me.”

 

< So why don't we start with you introducing yourself to our readers. > Hi everyone, my name's Sora, and I’m eighteen years old.

 

< At only eighteen years old, you've become one of the most well known artists in Japan, with two albums going straight to number one in the charts. How has this effected you? > Honestly this has definitely been the most rewarding three years of my life. I love the fact that I’m performing on stage and being given the chance to work with other Japanese artists. It's a lot of work, but, it's what I want to do. I feel really blessed.

 

< For our readers out there who don't know you, how would you define your genre of music?> This is definitely a tough question for me. I think that coming from two distinct cultures has helped to shape me into a very diverse artist. When I first debuted I felt that my music had a mostly pop/ slightly hip-hop RnB feel to it. But now that I’ve matured my most recent album definitely has a rock/visuel kei undertone to it. As it's what I feel is me at my most raw in terms of emotion.

 

< Having listened to your song Glass heart, I would definitely have to agree with you, the vocals are amazing. And the visuals in the MV really reflect the lyrics.> thank you. < What was the concept behind it?> the song is about the feeling of losing someone precious to you, not necessarily because they physically died, but because the bond between you has broken. And the realisation that the heart that you always thought was made of steel is actually fragile and made of glass. And the emotions that you go through in order to heal.

 

< Going back to your heritage. You're Afro-asian or blasian, tell us a little bit more about this.> My mum is black British and from London, and my dad is Japanese. Unfortunately my mum passed away when I was younger, but they've both influenced my career. I grew up here in London when I was very young so it's nice to be back. I'm not the first blasian singer in Japan, there are other people, like my good friend Jero, who I believe is doing a tour of east Asia right now.

 

< How are you enjoying being in London?> I love London, there's a really nice vibe here. I haven't had the chance to sight see much. But I definitely want to go on the London eye, and visit places like Camden and Shoreditch market.

 

Ah maji [really]?!! I’m really happy to hear that, I didn't know I had that many fans here in the UK. All I can say is thank you so much for listening to my music and supporting me, I really appreciate it. Mina-san arigato ne [everyone thank you]!!

 

 I am looking at expanding overseas sometime in the near future, when I feel that I have matured enough as an artist. So keep supporting me and look out for my own tour in the future. However, I am happy to be able to announce that I will be performing in my sempai's, Doping Panda's concert next week. So for those of you who are coming I can't wait to see you, and for those of you who haven't got tickets, you better hurry up!

 

 I love all my songs, obviously they each have deep meanings for me. If I had to pick one right now I would have to say the song I debuted with Broken Mirrors. I recorded this song for the opening of the anime Naruto, so some of your readers might have listened to it without knowing who sang it. It was really cool seeing myself transformed into an illustrated konoha ninja. I actually asked the illustrator to print me out a poster of it with their signatures on it.

 

The interview continued on in the same style, by the end of it both Tom and Sora were satisfied.

 

“Thanks again for taking the time out of your schedule for this interview.”

 

“No problem, I look forward to seeing you at Doping Panda's concert then.” As soon as Tom had walked out the door Mio was walking in typing away on her blackberry, leaving Sora with no time for a breather.

 

“That seemed to have gone well, they'll be using some pictures that were taken of you from your last concert and some from your last Harajuku girls campaign. Part of the interview will be published on their website by tomorrow and the whole article will be in the next issue which is coming out by the end of the week, you'll be sent a copy as soon as it's ready.” She looked up from her phone and smiled. “We better get going you're meant to be back at Central studios to rehearse some scenes with JaeMan for the MV this afternoon.”

 

Seeing Sora's slightly tired expression Mio pulled out a bottle of Calpis and handed it to her, “Lunch will be ready when you get there, it's ohagi [rice cake covered with bean paste] and tamago yaki [sweet omelet]. Your favourites, just like obaa-san makes them.” She smiled at her.

 

“Thanks.”

 

“It's the least I could do, I know your still a bit tired from dance practice earlier this morning. Oh, I just sent you your schedule can you double check your phone for me.”

 

“Yeah sure.” She took her phone out her pocket and saw the notification on screen, “Yep it's there.”

 

“Good good, let's go then. Cute phone charm by the way.”

 

* * * *

 

“Ok guys take a 15 minute break.”

 

“Ah man so tired, we've been practising since 7am, I’m beat.” MinSo sprawled himself out on the hard wood dance floor.

 

“Here have some water.” HyunShik threw him a bottle of water and then sat crossed legged against the mirrored wall next to YungJi, YunHwa and JaeMan.

 

“Thanks.”

 

“That's what you get for eating too much instead of coming to the gym when your meant to.” MinSo stuck his tongue out at YunHwa.

 

“Well at least that's it for me today.” JaeMan said, while wrapping a towel around his neck to wipe off his sweat.

 

“How come?” YunHwa asked.

 

“Acting session with Sora, we're rehearsing the first scene from the MV, when she sees me kissing another girl.”

 

“She texted me a minute ago, she's already here, but she's just eating lunch with her manager first.” YungJi said.

 

Araso [I understand]. I’ll head down there in a bit then.”

 

There was a knock at the door, the guys looked up to see Teru walk in.

 

“Hey guys, how's practice going?” Teru spoke in Korean.

 

YunHwa jumped up, “Good we just finished learning one piece of choreography. What are you doing here?”

 

“Me and the other backup dancers were practicing in the other room, I just wanted to have a word with YungJi quickly.”

 

“Sure.” He got up and followed her out into the hallway. “What's up? Is something wrong with Sora?”

 

“Nothing's wrong. Look, I just thought I should get this out of the way now.”

 

Get what out the way....

 

“If you hurt Sora, in anyway at all— I will hurt you. Understand. That girl, as far as I’m concerned is my sister, she took me in under her wing. Her family treat me like a daughter, just like my family treat her like a daughter too. I will not see her get hurt again. I think your a good guy YungJi-ssi, and I respect you as an artist. I hope you can live up to that.”

 

YungJi stood rooted to the spot in delayed shock, before he could even think up a response. He wasn't angry though. Far from it. He was glad, Teru was a true friend. And that he could respect.

 

Araso Teru. I promise you, I’ll do everything to live up to yours, Soras' and everyone elses' expectations.”

 

“Glad to hear it.” The tone of her voice lightened, reflecting her acceptance of his pledge. “Okay then, I better get back to practice. Oh me and the girls are having a film night tonight you and the guys should come along. It'll be a nice chilled out evening.”

 

“Sounds like a great idea, I’ll let the others know, I’m pretty sure they'll be up for it though.”

 

“Cool catch you guys later then.”

 

YungJi made his way back into the studio room, just as the other guys, accept JaeMan, were starting to stretch and warm up for the next dance session.

 

“Okay I’ll see you guys later.”

 

“See ya~”

 

“Laters.”

 

“Bye hyung.”

 

“Oh JaeMan before you go, Teru invited us over to theirs tonight for DVD'S and food. You're up for that right?”

 

“Yeah I’ll be there.”

 

“You guys too right.” They all nodded.

 

“As long as we aren't in for a night of you and Sora making out.” MinSo joked.

 

YungJi rolled his eyes. “You're such an idiot sometimes.”

 

 

* * *

 

“Good, like that. Try and show all the emotions you'd want to say in your eyes when your staring at him. Right, just like that.”

 

Sora stood at one side of the room as JaeMan stood, his arm around the waist of one of the female actresses on the other side. She had already read through the directors notes for this scene. The standard stuff— shock, anger, teary eyes. But instead of sticking to the notes, she drew from experience. Shock, anger, and teary eyes were a scratch on the surface of emotions you felt when the person you love betrays you.

 

“Now I want you to look away,” Sora turned her head slowly, so that she was now looking just over her left shoulder, as if she needed to hide the hurt expression on her face. “Now when you turn back, the expression in your eyes has to change, when you rip the necklace from your neck it has to be done with conviction.” She understood, you had to make a choice. You either let yourself break apart because of one moment or you move on and live life.

 

When she turned back to face him JaeMan could she the change behind her eyes. Before they had looked similar to milk chocolate, now they burned with a dark smouldering fierceness, that made him feel taken aback for a second. He could feel the change in his heartbeat as it frantically sped up, urging him to go to her, comfort her. As if he had really just hurt her and this wasn't just an act.

 

He felt bad for YungJi, that is if he was ever stupid enough to cheat on her. Which he knew he never would, it just wasn't in his character.

 

She ripped the necklace from her neck and threw it to the ground in his direction turned and although it was scripted to run away, she decided to just walk away without looking back.

 

 

* * *

 

 

“Good job guys, let's call it a day.”

 

“See you later JaeMan— Sora.” JaeMan nodded

 

“See you later Kaitlyn, get home safe.” Sora began to gather her stuff together and pack it away into her sports bag.

 

“So a movie at yours tonight, right?”

 

She looked up, “Yep, no chick flicks we promise.” He laughed whilst walking in her direction, with his bag in hand.

 

“I'll let you into a little secret,” he leaned close so that his face was no more then a finger's width from hers. “Us guys don't actually hate chick flicks, especially MinSo. We just say we do.” He smiled.

 

She blinked, this was a side to JaeMan that she had never seen before. Usually he was composed, mature, even if dressed in his more extrovert outfits. But right now he seemed— different. “Really?” She laughed, “Then I might just throw one into the mix.”

 

He leant back so that he was standing up straight again. “Sounds like a good idea to me. See you later then.”

 

“See you later.”

 

She watched, a slightly puzzled expression on her face, as he walked off.

 

 

 

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

Hope u enjoyed as always read, rate and review :) thnx

-PurpleChocolate







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.