Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

to make up for the lack of updates, here's another ;)




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


The Choices we make

 

 

 

Mio sat down next to YungJi.

 

“If you ignore all the machines it kind of just looks like she's sleeping doesn't it.”

 

“Yeah, I hope she isn’t having any nightmares any more.”

 

“I'm sure she's having good dreams, why else would she not wake up right.”

 

She watched as he traced the faint scar on her arm. “Did she tell you how she got that?”

 

“No, she never mentioned it.”

 

“When she first moved over to Japan, she had things hard you know. There were a lot of new things for her to learn. She wasn't really good at speaking Japanese yet. She had been getting a lot of trouble at school, whenever she said even the slightest thing wrong in Japanese, the other kids would have a go at her and call her a foreigner and stupid. She literally refused to speak anything other then Japanese at home because of it. But despite this they still ganged up on her, one of the boys in her class took it too far, and used a compass to see if she had the same colour blood as them.”

 

Yung listened with a look of disgust on his face, he wished he had been there that day to protect her from their stupidity and ignorance.

 

“Do you know, she didn't even shed a single tear about it until she got home. And even them they weren't angry tears, they were tears of frustration. When my uncle found he was the angriest I had ever seen him, but Sora made him promise not to do anything. She wanted to prove herself, even at that age. So uncle made sure that she learnt mixed martial arts so that she could protect herself.” A smile appeared on Mio's face. “So months later when the same boys tried to gang up on her again, lets just say, she really gave them what was coming. They never did bother her again.”

 

YungJi smiled, “Yeah, that sounds like Sora.”

 

“Right. I thought so too. She's a fighter Yung-kun, even if she doesn't realise it sometimes herself.”

 

“I know. I’m just afraid that I’m not strong enough without her.”

 

Mio rested a hand on his shoulder. “You have to be. Have you looked in the mirror lately, you look ill Yung. Do you want Sora to wake up to this? You know her, if she saw you like this she would blame herself for it. She'd be so worried seeing you like this.”

 

“I know but—”

 

“But nothing. Your group mates need you. You guys have been together for years now, you're just getting to where you want to be, you can't just give up on that dream now. Sora would never forgive herself if she was the reason for you not following your career path.”

 

“I know...”

 

“Even if you don't do it for yourself, do it for her. Sing for her. Dance for her. Be happy for her. Because I believe that happiness will become her strength.”

 

Mio's words really hit home for him, he knew deep down in his heart that she was right. “Okay.”

 

Mio smiled with relief. “We've sorted out things with the press. You should really thank YunHwa, MinSo, JaeMan and HyunShik. They've really had your back this past week.”

 

“I will.” Mio stood up to leave. “Mio, thank you, for being a friend.”

 

“No problem.”

 

*

 

Hyungs, I’m really starting to get worried. Yung just hasn't been himself lately. When was the last time he even stayed in the flat longer then just to shower and change his clothes. He hasn't eaten with us since the accident. I don't even know what he's eating these days.” MinSo looked across the table at his hyungs.

 

“I know MinSo we're all worried too.”

 

“I've talked to Mio, she said she'd talk to him today.” JaeMan pushed the food around his plate, he was really worried too. Him and Yung had a love hate relationship, but right now he was really missing hanging out with his friend.

 

“I had a word with Mr Choi today, he said we can't put off activities any more,” they all turned to HyunShik, “I tried to get us more time, but he's adamant that we're already far behind.”

 

“I know,” YunHwa pushed his plate away in frustration “and he's right we are far behind. We made promises to our fans, we have concerts we're meant to be training for. But at the same time I’m not sure that YJ is up for it right now. We can't give our fans a bad performance.”

 

“And we won't.” They all turned to face Yung standing in the doorway.

 

“I'm sorry guys, for being MIA this past week and well you know since the accident. My heads just been everywhere recently. I just haven't been myself. It wasn't just Sora being in a coma but also the resentment I was feeling towards the fans who caused all this. It made me really question whether I wanted to be an idol if it meant this.”

 

He took a seat beside them. “But then I remembered why I wanted to be an idol to begin with. I love to sing, and dance and to just be on the stage. We've worked too hard for me to just throw that away for everyone. To throw away my dream like that would be an insult to Sora. She knows more then anyone how hard it is to get here, but she also knows it's worth it. And so do I. I won't hold any more resentment. I won't let this accident suck the life out of me. I promise to be there for you guys from now on.”

 

“Even if it means leaving Sora, which it does....” YunHwa looked at his best-friend seriously.

 

It took Yung longer to answer. “Yes. I know that she'll be looked after, her dad, Mio, the girls, her family, they all really love her. Maybe being home is what's best for her in the end. When she wakes up I want to be able to stand in front of her proudly feeling like myself, not like this.”

 

The guys all looked at him with respect, this was the YungJi they had been missing.

 

 

*

 

 

“This is the last time you'll see me for a while.” Yung lay carefully next to Sora, her hand in his, as he stared up at the blank ceiling. “But don't think that means I don't love you, okay babo. I could never stop loving you. Every time I step on stage I’ll be singing to you. Hoping that you'll hear me and come back to me. I’m not abandoning you okay. So you better not abandon me, so hurry and wake up already.” He turned to face her, lightly kissing her on the cheek. “I know your dad will make sure that you get the best treatment in the meantime.” He laughed lightly.

 

“I love how despite all the times we talked about our lives, you failed to mention the fact that your father is Takeshiro Takata, the Takeshiro. Like the multimillionaire corporate leader. I mean you're an heiress to one of the oldest Japanese families, and I didn't know. I wonder why you never told me, but maybe it's just because that doesn't matter to you.” He turned so that he was completely on his side facing her, and started to play with her hair a bit.

 

“There's so much more I want to know about you so wakeup yebeo, and tell me.” He waited for what seemed like ages before he sighed wistfully and kissed her on the forehead. “I love you Sora, I always be waiting for you.” He got up and closed the door behind him.

 

Mio was waiting for him outside.

 

“I know this is hard for you, but as an idol you just can't have the luxury of more time, and I’m sorry for that. I really am. But I just wanted you to know that I promise to keep you updated on her condition regularly, so please don't worry too much.”

 

“Thanks Mio, I’m glad she has a cousin like you.” He held back his tears, not wanting her to see him cry.

 

 

*

 

 

“YungJi-ssi its good to finally hear from you, I hear that you ready to continue schedules.”

 

“I will, but first I have a request.”

 

“Go on.”

 

“I want to make an announcement to the press, myself, no input from the company. Just me.”

 

He paused down the other end of the phone. “This could be more difficult then you think, she's not just any girl, and she's more then just an idol. She's the heir to the Takata family. Her family will not appreciate the attention of the press, they lead very private lives.”

 

“I'll talk to her father, and he will agree once he hears my reasons.”

 

Mr Choi hesitated, but could hear the conviction in his voice, this wasn't really up for negotiation. “Alright, I’ll see to it.”

 

 

 

 

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

rate and review =D ~PurpleChocolate







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.