Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Next chapter as promised :D




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Trust

 

The rest of the meeting continued in the usual manner, Sora, Mio, Teru and Nao were introduced to the rest of the team they would be working with. Everyone from the backup dancers and stylists to the choreographer who was known as Young Li. By the end of the meeting she was mentally exhausted. They had run through the concept behind the music video step by step leaving no details out. She now knew exactly where each site was in London and when they would be shooting.

 

Thankfully they had given Mio a printed out copy of the schedule, because Sora doubted she would remember the ins and outs of it all by the evening. All she knew was, they had just under a month to produce the music video, which meant they were on a tight schedule considering she already had numerous other commitments, such as various photo shoots, interviews and now a live performance with doping panda, and the fact that Iconic were also in the process of recording the rest of their album in preparation for its launch.

 

But instead of feeling negative about the prospect of the demanding schedule, Sora felt excited. This would be a first for YG, having a mixed race person feat in one of their music videos. She felt motivated by the fact that she now had the opportunity to break down barriers and set a standard for a new generation in terms of interracial relations.

 

With the meeting now over, Sora walked down the corridor alone. Mio was still engrossed in a conversation with Mr Choi, Teru had already made friends with the other dancers and was being shown around the main studios. And Nao was getting all her make-up and wardrobe equipment from the mini van.

 

“Sora, Sora! Wait a minute.”

 

“Yung-ah.” At the sound of a nickname YungJi blushed as he came to a halt in front of her.

 

“Umm, I— about this morning. And you know the whole me and you being an idol thing. I just wanted to apologise for not telling you earlier, and to make sure that we were good.”

 

“We're good. I didn't exactly tell you either. We both have our reasons, so don't worry about it, really.” She paused. “I guess this kind of shows that maybe we need to take things slow. I mean we've known each other for three days. Maybe we should just try and get to know each other better.” she felt guilty as the words left her mouth and a slightly hurt expression was on his face. “I'm not going back on last night. I do want to be your girlfriend, it's just that I came out of quiet a serious relationship and I just...don't want to be hurt again.”

 

Yeobo [Honey], I promise I will never do anything to hurt you.” Sora had heard similar words to that before, but the way in which YungJi gazed into her eyes and held her hands, made her trust him. It was crazy. She knew it was. Three days, compared to the three years she had known Kouta before they had even started dating. But right now the part of her that was scared and clinging on to her painful past and insecurities, was being heavily outweighed by the part of her that felt that instantaneous deep routed connection to YungJi. “And I think getting to know each other is a great idea, because I want to know everything about you.” He gently pulled her into his chest and wrapped his arms around her protectively. “Whoever hurt you in the past is an idiot, but I’m not that person. And I’ll prove it to you over time.”

 

“Yung-ah” she let her face rest against his shoulder “arigato ne [thank you].”

 

“How about dinner tonight? Dance practice should be finished by seven because it's the first day.”

 

“Dinner sounds good. Yung, about us seeing each other. Do you mind if we keep it among ourselves for now. I mean just keep it amongst close friends only, no managers, press or family....”

 

YungJi did mind in a way. He felt that he had nothing to hide, and that keeping their relationship a secret would only make things more complicated. However, he could see that Sora needed this, and understood her desire for privacy, so that their relationship could develop without unwanted attention and pressure. Besides, her happiness made him happy. So if this was what she wanted he would give it to her.

 

“I don't mind. As long as we're together, I don't care whether people know or don't know.” he kissed her lightly on the forehead. “We better get going, Li hates it when people are late.”

 

 

 

Dance practice was intense.

 

With only a half an hour break at lunch time. Sora understood why Mr Li had the notorious reputation that he did. Perfection was the only thing he accepted. Nothing less. But his choreography was amazing, it was an mix of classic hip-hop moves with more modern variations that pushed all the dancers to their limits. By the end of the day her body ached all over, and she knew she would have to soak in a hot bath for a long time to avoid muscle ache in the morning.

 

Mr Li walked over to where Sora was sitting on the floor. “You did very well today, how long have you been dancing?”

 

“Thank you. I guess you could say I’ve been dancing from birth.” She laughed, “My mum used to dance when she was younger, and taught me from a young age. I have very fond memories of walking down South bank watching dancers showcase their skills and compete with one another. It definitely inspired me to strive to be the best.”

 

He nodded in approval. “Good. Make sure you and your friend rest up, practice starts at 8am tomorrow. And I don't like people who are late.” He walked off saying goodbye to a few other dancers, before leaving the studio.

 

* * * *

 

After soaking in a nice hot bath for a good hour, Sora felt refreshed and ready for her date with Yung. She had already asked Nao to help her out with choosing an outfit plus accessories, which were now laying on her bed. She got changed did her make-up and made her way into the living room to get her friends final approvals.

 

“Yep, it's official. I’m a fashion genius. Seriously, this black Temperley London dress looks amazing on you especially with those shoes and clutch.” Nao nodded in approval.

 

“YungJi won't be able to stop staring at you~” Teru teased.

 

“I'm not usually a dress person but, the silk feels amazing against my skin. And the gold sequin embellishment and embroidery around the neck is really beautiful. Where did you even get this dress?”

 

“Seriously, your grandma sends you dresses to wear all the time. For an heiress to a multinational company, you don't exactly indulge yourself much do you. But that's what we love about you.”

 

“Yeah yeah, you know some of us just aren't born with the fashion spark.”

 

“Well at least you were born with feet that look fab in Alexander McQueen shoes.” Teru pouted in mock jealousy. “Are baby girl has really grown up, ne mama?” Teru wrapped her arms around Nao.

 

“I know papa, but she can't be ours forever. But YungJi seems like he will make a good son-in-law.” Nao patted Teru on her back in mock reassurance.

 

Sora couldn't stop herself from laughing at their little act.“Jeez, you guys are really something, ready to marry me off huh?! Seriously, being around you two makes me feel normal, and that's saying something.” They all burst out in a fit of laughter. 'Normal' they weren't. But best friends they definitely were.

 

“So will YungJi be coming to get you?” Teru went round to the kitchen area and started rummaging for a snack.

 

“No, he did offer but I thought meeting him at the restaurant would be best.”

 

“Definitely the right move, that way you can make an entrance.” Sora laughed at Nao's comment.

 

“You really need to stop reading all of those magazines. Any ways, I better get going the taxi should be here any minute.”

 

 

 

 

YungJi sat nervously playing with the napkin on the table. Usually it took him less then thirty minutes to get ready, today it had taken him well over an hour. Iconic were well known as a fashion icon for the youths of Korea, but YungJi had never felt so unsure of what he was wearing, then he did today. He wanted to look good, but more then that he wanted to appeal to Sora's tastes. Unfortunately he didn't know what they were, yet. He had settled with a white shirt, black waistcoat, skinny black tie, and smart black skinny fit trousers. But being YungJi he couldn't help himself from wearing a black limited edition cap to add a twist to the otherwise, clean and classic look.

 

The minute Sora walked through the doors of the award winning Byeol restaurant, her eyes found YungJi. As she approached the table his eyes darted up, acknowledging her presence. He stood up.

 

Damn he looks good. Sora couldn't stop a wide smile forming on her face. He looked both smart and trendy. His shirt fitted in a way that showed off his thin, yet sculpted torso. “Hi.”

 

“Hi.” He walked over and took out the chair for Sora to sit down. “You look amazing.” This was YungJi's first time seeing her in a dress, he now hoped it wouldn’t be his last.

 

“Thanks. You look really good to.” Who knew a man in a waistcoat and shirt could look so sexy, she thought. As she sat down she realised they were playing a version of Elton John's Your Song in the background. It reminded her of her mother, who often played it in the house when she was young.

 

A part of her wanted to cry.

 

“Sora.”

 

She blinked back into reality. “Sorry, haha, sometimes I zone out a bit.”

 

“It's fine,” YungJi still felt a bit concerned about the fleeting sad expression that had crossed her face “I was just asking what you wanted from the menu?”

 

She picked up the menu in front of her, and carefully looked through all the options. “I'll try this one,” she pointed, not knowing how to pronounce it's Korean name “the description sounds good.”

 

“Okay.”

 

Their food arrived soon after, and both of them relaxed as they began to eat.






Chapter End Notes:

Hope everyone has a fun New Years Eve tomorrow!!







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.