Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

 

Make It Nasty

©AwardedEmmy

2012

 

TO: comettotherescue@gmail.com


FROM: j.l.is@gmail.com

Talk to me...

-----

TO: j.l.is@gmail.com

FROM: comettotherescue@gmail.com

        Omg. Really? It's been like five months! I thought after I told you my mom took away your phone you wouldn't want to talk anymore.... I'm sorry about leading you on... IM me..

-Alisha

-----

j.l.is: ... I wasn't going to, but I figured you were nice company so we could keep talking.. What even happened?

comettotherescue: I got into some trouble with my mom and she didn't know what to do with me. So she sent me to boarding school.

j.l.is: Forreal. Damn. I can't believe I never got to meet you... We should skype sometime?

comettotherescue: Nope.... I don't have a webcam.... I wish I hadn't put off the phone swap thing... I really wanted to meet you.

j.l.is: Yeah, I wanted to meet you too. Oh well.

----

Chapter 12

Logan Isley's tongue poked out of the corner of his mouth as he struggled to fit into his shoulder pads.

Damn. He could tell he was bulking up and that fact brought a small smile to his face. He didn't want to get too swollen, but he needed a little bit more muscle. Opening his athletic locker a little bit more he eyed himself in the mirror and lifted an eyebrow as he cocked his head to the side. His light brown eyes tracked to the muscles on his stomach and he pursed his lips as he traced the side of his stomach with his fingers. Excitement began to bubble inside of him as it dawned on him that after football practice he had an appointment to get his tattoo.

He already had it planned out. He wanted a bold feather-like print on the side of his stomach with a snake slithering through it. He'd been planning this tattoo since he was fifteen, but he had always had a slight obsession with tattoos and when he wasn't playing football or hanging out with Darrell he was designing his tattoos.

He wanted a sleeve, but had no idea what the hell to put in it. Usually people had incredibly deep meanings to their tattoos, but Logan really didn't have anything he was passionate about... Except football.

He rubbed his chin before closing his locker and fitting his black mesh net practice jersey over his head. Sitting on the concrete bench pulling his foot up he tied his cleat and then the other before jumping up and heading out of the locker room and onto the field.

The lush green grass bent softly under his cleats as he jogged slowly onto the field and towards his teammates. He was praying today wouldn't be as grueling as every other day, but he knew football at Freemont was competitive as fuck meaning that there was never an easy practice.



He reached the field and paused next to Dixon Hornet, a junior. "What's going down this weekend?" He asked while throwing his right arm over his chest and gripping it in order to stretch.

"Uh. Nothing... Aye, you eighteen yet?" Dixon asked, cocking an eyebrow and imitating Logan's stretch.

Logan nodded, "As of today. October eighteenth." He replied with a big smirk on his face.

"Think you can buy me some cigs?" Dixon asked, his deep blue eyes widening in hope.

Logan laughed, "Nah man." His voice although covered by a laugh, was completely serious. For two very important reasons did he turn down Dixon's request. One, it was his first day of being a legal adult; there was no way in hell he was about to go and do something illegal. Two, Logan's first rule of being an athlete is do not- under any circumstances, fuck around with drugs- now he didn't include alcohol in that rule, but he knew it was all just the same. Logan stayed far away from cigarettes and marijuana. No matter how tempting either of the two sounded based on peer review, he didn't want to do anything that could cause an addiction and poorly effect his future. He drank alcohol when he partied- he knew it was just as bad, but to him it was safer than anything else.

Dixon's nose crinkled slightly, "Why not man? I'll pay you double. I just need a pack. I'm dying here."

"I'm not about to buy a little minor cigarettes." Logan said laughing; he was pleased with the fact that he could finally tease people because they were minors. "And yeah you are dying..." He trailed off before switching his arms and looking off into the distance of the field.

Dear Lord it was his senior year. After four years of battles on the field he stood on, the end was approaching rapidly- unless they made it to state- which he had complete confidence that they would, the end of his career as high school football player was ending in just a few short weeks.

"So, what are you doing for your birthday?" Dixon asked awkwardly, bouncing back from the rejection quickly.

Logan sighed heavily and shrugged. His mom was in New York doing her thing as a clothing designer, his dad was in Beijing working hard on a new action film, and Darrell was in San Diego doing a show.... On a school night, and Emery... Where the hell was Emery? "Nothing man." Logan said with a shrug.

"What?!" Dixon asked in outrage. "You are eighteen. Your ass needs to be celebrating!"

Logan chuckled, "That's why I was looking to do something this weekend."

"You just need a fine ass chick to come over." Dixon told him, he sighed, "That's all I want for my eighteenth birthday- hell very birthday." He added then laughed, "Speaking of fine ass chicks. Where did your best friends little sister go?" Logan frowned, previously his full attention hadn't been awarded to Dixon, but with the words of ‘best friends little sister' he had to start listening. "I remember being a little skeptical about her since she was always so weird looking wearing dudes clothes and all, but towards the end of last year she started showing off those legs. Whoo." Dixon blew out a breath, "I'd love it if you told me where I could find her." Logan didn't say anything, just fixed his glare on Dixon. Dixon was unaware of Logan's death gaze as he continued to speak, "I saw she started hanging around you quite a bit..." Dixon said trailing off and looking at Logan questioningly.

"Yeah we chilled, but we've always been around each other, so it was nothing." Logan replied, but judging by the pang that resounded throughout his chest he meant the opposite of what he told Dixon.

"Was her name Emily or Emery? Emery huh?" Dixon asked, Logan nodded. "Emery... Emery Johnson? Cute name. I'm gonna have to look her up."

Logan scoffed, "She doesn't have a phone or anything." Logan told him. Grimacing at the embarrassing memories of him attempting to coax that information out of Darrell.

"How do you know that?" Dixon inquired curiously.

"She's my best friends little sister. I know shit okay?" He paused and fixed Dixon with a hard glare. "And when she comes back.." Whenever she comes back. "Don't try to fuck." He warned in a dark voice.

Dixon smirked, "Who said I was trying to do that?" The smug look on his face betrayed any accountability.

Logan fixed Dixon with a stern face and then turned and walked away. He was sick of talking about Emery, but mostly he was sick of thinking about Emery. She was on his mind all day everyday and he couldn't understand why. It's not like she was his girlfriend who just up and disappeared. Seriously, why did he care that she decided to leave five months ago? The only reason why he felt that he should sympathize for her surprising disappearance was because Darrell had struggled with her absence... But Logan knew that he was having a hard time without Emery simply because he'd developed feelings for her- like deep feelings in just two short weeks.

It was weird for him to think about, but since it was constantly on his mind, he figured, why not just delve into the deeper meanings behind his loss of Emery. He always had thought that she was cute. When he first moved to Los Angeles from New York at nine years old, she was the first girl he had a crush on. She was tiny, cute, and friendly- but then she got kind of weird and started wearing boys clothes and he- just like Dixon, became a skeptic at just how ‘cute' she could be. So his crush on her kind of ended. Then he became friends with Darrell, her twin brother.

On the first day they'd agreed to be friends, because yes, their friendship started out as an agreement, Darrell laid down a very firm line.

"Logan, as long as we are friends, you can't like my sister."

"Why not?" Logan questioned, trying his hardest not to let on that he already kind of liked her.

Darrell shrugged, "Because that would be weird if she liked you too and then you guys started making out all the time." Darrell gagged, "If you're going to be my friend, I don't want to see that... Ever."

Logan had truly wanted to be Darrell's friend so he agreed to those terms, because Logan had transferred to Freemont Elementary in the middle of the fifth grade, making friends was tough and because he wasn't an appealing child and kind of shy, approaching others to even attempt to befriend them was harder. So when Darrell came up to him on the playground and said,

"Look, you don't have any friends and I feel bad for you because I don't either... So, let's be friends."

Logan gleefully accepted and he'd do anything to stay friends with Darrell. Darrell had been his only friend for a long time. When his parents decided to jet out of town whenever, Logan would stay at the Johnson's residence. When Logan was lonely, he would go to the Johnson's. Inside of the Johnson's house there was stability- even though Dennis was usually doing stuff with music, and Eden was a little strict... Stability- he hadn't had much of at all and he wouldn't dare fuck up having even though inside of the Johnson household there was Emery. That's why for six years, he'd reduced her to ‘Darrell's Little Sister'. He feared that saying her name would open up a new world for comfort and he didn't want to be comfortable with Emery.

The minute that he did say her name- a whole new world opened up and Logan did in fact become comfortable maybe a little bit too comfortable? If only she hadn't started acting so weird in May. Then he wouldn't be thinking about her all of the time. He started feeling for her- and he thinks, that perhaps she might have had some feelings for him as well? And back in May he was ready to test those feelings, but he had no idea how to approach her on what he was feeling for her. The first week of their flirting had been fine, but the second week after the storage closet, when he'd almost thrown caution to the wind and done things he'd probably cherish but regret today, he had to take a step back.

He had to remember the promise that he had made with Darrell. As stupid and as juvenile as that promise was, Logan wasn't risking his friendship for anything- even a girl that he really, really liked, but towards the end of the second week, before she disappeared, he was about to confront her on her motives and his resurfaced feelings, but what did she do?

She poofed. Emery had left and here Logan was a quarter into senior year trying to figure out how he felt about the entire situation. The last time he saw her, he had rejected her. His disposition today was because of his inability to take control five months ago. What could he have done though? He was intensely uncomfortable with the events that had transpired between them, but after he'd titled that bottle to his lips he'd regretted it more than he'd regretted anything in his life. His logic for taking that drink was simple- he didn't want their first kiss to be a game. He had wanted to kiss her every day that they were near each other for two weeks and yet, he held off, why would he kiss her because of some kiddy game? More importantly, why did she get pissed off with him because of it? How come she couldn't see the logic?

How come he couldn't have just grabbed her and explained it all to her and then did what they clearly had both wanted him to do.

God, he really missed her. Where she was, he didn't know. When she was coming back was unknown as well. She'd left the morning after the bonfire and Logan couldn't help feeling that it was his entire fault. If he had just taken her into that tent and explained his feelings for her...

The sparkle in her light brown eyes was what he remembered the best and the longer he thought about those eyes, the quicker an involuntary smile spread across his lips. He began to lightly jog in place as he remembered how warm she was every time they were near each other and that day that he'd ‘kidnapped' her... He still yearned to take her out for some ice cream.

Ugh, he was becoming miserable thinking about her. The only thing that made him feel right was football which he was working his ass off for. She told him to play the best he could and so everyday he showed up to practice to play his heart out so that when she came back he could impress her.

A cheeky grin spread across his face when he thought about how impressed she'd be if he showed her the college he was recruited to and then took off his shirt and showed her his new tattoo. Oh, she'd like that.

The grin was wiped off his face by the sound of the whistle blowing and he knew it was time to get down to business. He was shooting for- top schools for football and he wasn't going to get recruited thinking about his best friends little sisters.

()()()()()()()()()

J.l.is: I haven't IM'ed someone since like sixth grade. Lol.

Comettotherescue: I know me either... This is weird... So, what's going on?

J.l.is: I'm having chick trouble...........

Comettotherescue: Oh... What's the problem...?

J.l.is: So this girl... She's new in town, and she's interested in me right...?

Comettotherescue: Okay.

J.l.is: This is weird... I've never talked to someone about stuff like this.

Comettotherescue: It's not that bad.

J.l.is: Okay, so she likes me. But I like someone else.

Comettotherescue: Oh, so you feel bad because you'll have to let her down?

J.l.is: That's not it. She's sexy, but the other girl that I like and I aren't on the same level right now, I want to wait for the other girl, but the new girl....

Comettotherescue: I'd go for the new girl... There is no point in waiting around for someone... Besides, maybe the girl you liked first will end up really jealous and you can have two girls fight over you... Ooo.

J.l.is: That's evil. What's going on in your world?

Comettotherescue: I'm at some private school for girls in London... Cool huh?

J.l.is: Not really... Why are you there?

Comettotherescue: My mom wants me to learn some manners and this is the best she could do because there was no way in hell I was really going to listen to her... That sounds awful huh?

J.l.is: Your mom wants to teach you that good.

Comettotherescue: EW, you're starting to sound like someone I know. :p

J.l.is: Haha okay? What do you think of London?

Comettotherescue: It's okay... Besides girls what else is new in your life. It's been a month since we first started talking again... Tell me stuff I'm really lonely over here. My brother doesn't call he just emails me every week.

J.l.is: I will tell you later I gotta go.

()()()()()()()()

Logan sat on the floor of his best friend Darrell's bedroom with his phone between his hands. His back was against Darrell's footboard and his eyes were adverted towards the screen of the TV on the wall across from him, between his hands was his phone; he was waiting for Cassidy to text him back.

His girlfriend, Cassidy Crenshaw had a poor habit of losing her phone in the middle of conversations. If there was one thing that irritated him about her, it was that, mostly because- maybe it was his imagination, but she seemed to conveniently lose her phone every time he wanted to hang out. They'd been dating for exactly four weeks and she was still uncomfortable being out in public with him. Cassidy was- kind of shy, when they first started talking she rarely said anything- it was all him, but he'd finally got her to start talking more freely, and now she was nervous about hanging out.

He sighed out loud causing Darrell to turn to him from where he sat on the floor beside Logan.  "What's going on with you?"

Logan sighed and ran his fingers through his chestnut hair and shrugged, "I've just never been with a girl so awkward."

"Then why the hell are you with her?" Darrell questioned, "You've known each other for about two months... Why?"

"Because she has a body that contradicts that personality."

"No shit? But, have you gotten any?"

Logan sighed again and shook his head, "Nah man."

"Then... why does her body even matter if she's holding out? Are you waiting?"

Logan's shoulders went up and down as he twisted his phone around in his hands, "Cuz, I can teach her how to act around me. I ain't waiting for shit."

"You know, I've never seen her."

"That's because you're always doing that online school shit." Logan accused.

Darrell laughed a little, "I gotta graduate." He replied.

Logan nodded, "I know what you mean."

It was silent for a second before Darrell cleared his throat. "My sister is coming back in a few weeks for Christmas."

Logan's eyes widened slightly as he bit his bottom lip anxiously, but toned it down and asked, "Really?" His voice was casual and he was glad Darrell didn't catch that moment of excitement.

Darrell nodded, "Yeah. She had to finish a semester at Mayfield and Hobbs, but she'll be back soon."

Logan laughed. "Are you excited?"

Darrell looked at his friend and nodded, "Yeah I miss my sister a lot." He smirked, "But you miss her too."

Logan was careful not to allow his eyes to widen as he nodded, "Of course I do." But of course she chose to return after he found himself in a relationship. Just then an orange fur-ball stationed himself next to Logan's side. "Aw, your sister's cat." He said, looking at the cat that was basically hissing at him, like he knew about the rejection that he'd served Emery. The cat seemed to come and hiss at him every time he was over, which was often, but never before had Logan realized how thin the cat had become. He frowned. "It looks hungry."

"I don't see why, I feed it every morning."

"Is that it?"

Darrell nodded and looked at the cat, "Yeah... Why?"

"What the fuck man? How would you like to be fed once a day in the morning?" Logan replied turning and rolling his eyes at his friend. "This is your sister's cat."

"You care more about that cat and the fact that it's my sisters than I do..." Darrell said trailing off and giving Logan a suspicious look. Secretly, he despised the fact that Logan had found himself a girlfriend, he knew that it would be upsetting to Emery to find out that Logan had moved on. He was still unclear about what happened between them that caused her to go off on their mother, but whatever it was it was just a minor fight. She'd probably come back and expect to fall right back in with Logan, but now Logan had a girlfriend.

Logan sighed as his phone buzzed in his hands, he looked down at it and read the text message that came and smirked, "Ah, she's finally ready to come over and I'm not planning on pulling anything..." Logan paused after saying his thoughts aloud.

"Don't want her to think it's all about that sex?" Darrell questioned with a raised eyebrow

"Exactly, I need her around me." He paused again and sighed, "Anyways, I got to go. I'll see you later man." He stood up as the cat pawed his legs. "Oh, and I'm taking this cat, you negligent ass. What's its name again?"

"Comet, and bro, please take it, I don't want that. I hate cats and keep it if you want; Emery is always talking to it and shit. Please, keep it."

Logan laughed and scooped up the cat, "I'll see you later man."

As Logan climbed into his car and released the cat in the passenger seat, he sighed, he'd never really liked cats either. He was only taking Comet for the sake of Emery. Even after getting a girlfriend, he was still unable to escape the feelings that he had for Emery, which was really awful, and the news of her arrival sucked even more. How was he going to suppress feelings for Emery while he had her cat? He hit the steering wheel of his jeep and growled, "What the fuck is wrong with me?" He asked looking over at the cat in the passenger seat; it took his a second to realize that he, just like Emery, was speaking to the cat, "What the hell." He said, and then shifted the car into drive; he needed to get away from Darrell's house before he would return the orange cat to starve.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.