Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Make It Nasty

©AwardedEmmy

2012

'So, ladies, now you're onto step number two. What does your man look for in a girl? Physical aspects aside(but duly noted), look at the way she dresses, the way she acts, and now ask yourself, would you mind tweaking your appearance even for a little while if it meant snaring your man in the end? No, you don't need to go as far as acting like a brainiac or a total hoochie, but one thing is for certain… By changing your outer appearance, you are most likely going to catch his attention. And if his previous girls are all over the map, shoot for sexy, no man can resist that. So if you don't mind going under a little transformation then you're definitely ready to 'Make It Nasty.'

Chapter 2

'Virginia Hamilton. Head cheerleader. Hair the color of a red brick, extremely pale, abundance of freckles, drop dead gorgeous. Academically smart, socially stupid. Dresses to impress, maxes out on jewelry. High heeled shoes transform her from 5'6 to 5'9- every day. Drives a BMW. Wears a size three- she gloats about the fact everyday in anatomy, and has a small chest.

Cynthia Claude. Kind of the school's slut. Brunette. Academically dumb, socially dumb. Dresses like she stepped out of a fashion magazine. Vogue? Yeah, that's the one. Never wears heels, she says she doesn't need to. She's 5'7 by herself. Drives an Audi. Fits into a size zero, sometimes gloats about wearing shorts from the little girls department. Small chest.

Meghan Turner. Doesn't play sports. Bottle blonde, but it looks nice on her- platinum color against her tan skin. Freemont High School's sweetheart, 'Madame Do Good'. Head to toe prep. Stands at 5'8. Doesn't drive- she walks she's a hugger of trees. Wears a size five. Mystery as to whether or not she got a breast implantation surgery.'

All three girls from different walks of life, but the one thing they have in common is they had actually been in a relationship with Logan Isley. Not just a one - night stand or a weekly type of thing. Each girl had lasted more than a month on the arm of Logan.

Now the task at hand was to figure out how exactly Emery could imitate them. She bit her lip and stared at her empty grey lunch tray. One thing was for certain. Her eyes wandered down and caught the sight that was her outfit. She'd need to do some shopping.

A set of fingers snapped in her face drawing Emery out of her thought process and she looked up and glared at the intrusion. Chelsea Ryan sat next to her with a chicken nugget poised by her mouth and a raised eyebrow, "You look so deep in thought right now." Chelsea said laughing nervously.

Emery shrugged her shoulders, determined to play off her friends. For the moment, she didn't want them in on her plan to seduce Logan. They would, of course, eventually find out when Emery started wearing different clothes and such, but for the moment she felt safer with no one in her plans. She'd be mortified and humiliated if anyone knew she was planning on taking drastic steps out of her character to snare the attention of Logan.

"No, you have to spill." There was another voice on the other side of Chelsea. Trenise Nyugen, her big chocolate eyes watched Emery uncertainly.

Emery chided herself; did she really look that thoughtful? "It's nothing guys, just got some things on my mind, it will all wear off eventually." She lied, smiling a little.

"Nope, you're lying. Look at her Chelsea; she's not even looking at us when she talks. Spill Em." Trenise commanded.

"Really, it's nothing." Emery tried to say in defense of herself. "You can drop it."

Chelsea shook her head, "No, you have to tell us. We're your best friends, whatever's on your mind we can help ease, ya know?" Chelsea asked, looking to Trenise for support.

Trenise nodded, "Yeah, we can. Tell us."

"Alright, I will." Emery said, and immediately started trying to think of a lie. Unfortunately, on the spot, Emery sucked at lying. So instead of trying to think of an excuse, she pulled 'Make It Nasty' out of her backpack and handed it to her two anxious friends.

Oh Lord. The moment of judgment. Emery was certain that her friends were going to think the worst of her. It was a bold move, and she'd known it all along, but that's why she wanted to keep it to herself. Whatever was going to happen in the upcoming weeks was strictly between her and Logan. But as Emery watched two devilish smirks grace the faces of her two best friends, she realized that maybe she could use some help.

"Oh my God. I so want to help out with this." Chelsea squealed.

"Me too." Trenise chimed in.

"Who are you trying to seduce?" Chelsea yelled, practically bouncing in her seat.

Emery frowned and glared at Chelsea, "Keep it down, will ya?" She requested, her amber gaze sliding over to the table that was merely twenty feet away from theirs and found Logan. He was sitting there in animated conversation with his friends, and Emery smiled slightly as she watched his eyebrows raise when he got excited and how he would occasionally run his hand through his dark chestnut hair causing it to stick up. The corners of his eyes would crinkle every time he laughed and he'd constantly lick his bottom lip. "So perfect." She mumbled, knowing that she must've looked crazy, because Chelsea grabbed her chin and turned her head away.

"You never go gaga." Chelsea accused. "Is it-?"

"You want to seduce Logan?" Trenise whisper screeched, her brown eyes widening at the realization.

Chelsea's hand dropped from Emery's chin, "You said that you thought he was cute. I didn't think that you actually wanted to pursue him. Emery, I don't think you should do that."

Emery's eyes widened. "This is why I didn't want to tell you guys." She whispered, burying her face in her hands and moaning.

"Emery, that's your brother's best friend." Trenise pointed out. "Are you trying to get revenge?"

Emery's head shot up and she frowned. "What? No." She growled in outrage and looked away from her friend's pitifully. They'd lost, Tiffany Roberts, a very good friend, because Darrell had dated her. So much drama had gone down between Darrell and Tiffany, that Tiffany just stopped talking to Emery completely, because she couldn't stand being around someone who avidly spoke to Darrell. It was all so stupid, and Emery hated stupidity. She was glad her friendship with Tiffany had ended, after listening to the girl talk bad about her brother for months, it brought out Tiffany's true colors, and the colors weren't pretty.

Emery fumed, she didn't want Logan for the purpose of revenge; she genuinely liked him whereas Darrell genuinely wanted to get into Tiffany's pants.

"What happens if it all goes south? You'll mess up their friendship. It's not a good idea babe." Chelsea said patting Emery's shoulder. Chelsea had a point, but Emery was stubborn.

Trenise cleared her throat, "And he's like light-years out of your league." She said laughing a little.

Emery's head snapped in Trenise's direction, "You think I don't know that?" She asked bewildered, "Thanks guys, you forced me to tell you what was on my mind and then you make me feel like shit. Ya'll are the best." She bit sarcastically.

"Emery, if it were any other guy, I'd help, but you have to think about your brothers friendship." Trenise said, "Like what if I was dating Darrell?"

Emery shrugged, "What if you were? It wouldn't be any of my business. Just like whatever is about to go on between me and Logan, will be none of his." Emery said, "Because, I don't care. I've wanted Logan for ages, and I want him to want me back, so I'm going to read every step in this book. And I am going to get my man, and Darrell can sit his ass down and deal with it."

Emery knew she was being harsh. In all honesty, she hadn't taken Darrell's feelings into account. She cared about her brothers opinion, but he wouldn't understand this type of thing, and in the end, he'd be happy for her and Logan. He was always the supportive brother to Emery and she was the understanding sister to him. They had each other's best interest at heart, always. So even if he wouldn't agree at first, he'd come to terms with the fact that Logan was and would always be Emery's man.

"So, what's the first step?" Chelsea asked, causing Emery to look at her like she'd grown a second head. "I'm nervous about the end result of this plan of yours, but I want to help you get there." She admitted smiling softly; her brown eyes were warm as she tucked a dark strand of hair behind her ear.

Trenise smiled next to Chelsea and absentmindedly twirled a lock of her light brown hair, "Yeah, me too." She spoke quietly.

Emery took a deep breath, realizing that she was a little bit on edge. "I already did the first step. It was finding out who I am as a person." She told them, her gaze not lifting from a rotting piece of food on the other end of the table as she continued, "The second step is to figure out what he usually goes for and then imitate it, but he dates tall girls. I'm five two."

"So basically, turn yourself into a short skirt, tight shirt wearing skank?" Trenise asked.

Emery rolled her eyes, "Its only temporary, and not all of the girls dress like skanks. Their clothes are just more revealing than what I'm used to wearing. I become everything he looks for in a girl, until he's hooked on me, and then I revert back to the normal me, and by then he's hooked and I've succeeded."

The disapproving look on Trenise's face made Emery's stomach churn. She reached over and snatched her copy of 'Make It Nasty' from out of Chelsea's hands and put it in her Jansport. Zipping up the bag she stood up, "Look. I know this sounds like a crazy idea, but I want Logan to see me as more than Darrell's sister. I'm tired of wondering if he could ever feel some sort of attraction towards me. I want to know how he feels about me, and this is the best I could come up with. So please don't judge me. This isn't going to be easy for me, okay? But I gotta know, and the disapproving looks aren't boosting my confidence."

It was quiet for a second as both Trenise and Chelsea twisted their hair and stared at the lunch table, but then Chelsea spoke up, "So we know he goes for the girly girl types."

Emery nodded, "Yes, and that's why I need-," She cut herself off, "I need help shopping." She mumbled helplessly.

"And that's what we're here for." Trenise said smiling. Emery returned the smile; her two best friends were completely obsessed with shopping and were extremely fashionable, so Emery was thankful she had their help. Even if they disagreed, they were gonna pull through for her.

Ooooooooo00oooooooooO

Emery tugged her Chicago Bulls beanie down over her eyes as her best friends chattered about everything under the 'beauty' category concerning Emery. All she wanted were some clothes, but instead the girls were turning it into a complete makeover. New shoes. New accessories. New makeup. They hadn't even gotten past the clothing part. Emery hadn't planned on doing a complete three-sixty, but apparently her friends had a different idea, and she didn't want to argue with them.

Emery was having second thoughts all over the place. She was most comfortable in her past the knee cargo shorts, but here her friends were, piling just barely past the crotch shorts of all variety into their arms.

And the talk about what colors would look good on Emery, it was just too much.

"Emery, get the beanie off your eyes." Trenise scolded and Emery obeyed. Folding the beanie back to its original state, with the red bull facing outwards, Emery's eyes caught sight of the Trenise's pile and then her eyes found Chelsea's.

"You guys, this isn't permanent." She told them nervously.

"To be a hundred percent honest Emery, once you know how wonderful it is to dress like a girl instead of a bro you'll probably never go back to the way you used to dress." Chelsea stated in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Yeah, honey, look at what you're wearing." Trenise said a pitying look in her eyes, "Did you think that maybe Logan never noticed you because you dressed like you could be his best friend?"

Emery's jaw dropped as she looked down at herself, her dark camouflage cargo shorts and white 'RUN DMC' tank seemed like too much clothing in the presence of her friend's criticisms. Her minor case of pigeon –toe was displayed in her red high-top converse. Her slim fingers still dallied with the brim of her Bulls beanie, and then combed through the wavy mass of dark brown hair before untangling the golden brown ends, finally her hands rested across her chest, in a nonchalant manner, that she didn't feel. She took a deep breath, "Yes, I thought of that." She stammered, "But you know, some guys like girls who dress comfortably."

"Obviously not Logan." Trenise said smirking, "Now come on, let's go try these things on and create some outfits for you."

"We're going to make you look so pretty, and look honestly there isn't a thing wrong with the way you dress now," Chelsea said in hopes of comforting Emery, "But, you're such a pretty girl. Ya know? You could look like freaking Beyonce."

Emery nodded as she followed her friends into the dressing rooms. The only reason they got past with the amount of clothes they had was because Trenise's dad happened to own the store, so the employees were well aware of Trenise's virtue… And they wouldn't do anything to offend their boss's youngest daughter.

"Here is the plan." Trenise said dropping all of the clothes on the leather sofa of the upscale dressing room. Emery looked around; she'd never noticed just how nice the store was. It was an expensive store, that was for sure, so it wasn't out of the ordinary to have an upscale everything, even the mannequins outside looked like they cost a fortune. "We're going to dress you up. Make outfits out of everything in here, and we're going to take pictures of the outfits so that when you're ready to start dressing up, you'll know exactly what to wear."

"It's just to make sure that you look completely perfect." Chelsea added, "Yeah, we talked about this shopping trip all of seventh hour." She said giggling, "I'm excited that you're finally stepping out of the tomboy phase."

"It's not a phase, it's who I am and I'm not stepping out. I'm just deviating for a quick second." Emery said then looked to Trenise who was busy unhooking a pair of shorts.

"Put these on." Trenise said tossing the shorts at Emery.

Emery's cheeks flushed. "I'm afraid these won't fit." She admitted, looking at the shorts.

"Why not. You're a size five, you said so." Trenise said placing her hands on her hips.

"I am a size five." She replied, "But I'm wearing boxers not panties." Emery confessed.

Chelsea and Trenise looked at each other, sharing a look of annoyance. "Emery, Emery, Emery." Chelsea said shaking her head and standing up from the couch. "I'll be right back; I'll go get you a pair of real underwear."

Emery nodded, "Thanks." She squeaked and then crossed her arms over her chest, and avoiding the narrowed eyes of Trenise she muttered under her breath, "This is going to be a long day."

"I'm going to have to agree with you on that one." Trenise replied, and then turned back to the piles of clothing. "We still need to go get shoes."

"I have Converse, Vans, and Keds in practically every color." Emery told Trenise, "I can't give up my sneakers. I just can't do it."

Trenise shook her head, "I guess that's fine. You have to stay in your comfort zone a little bit." She said, "Did you add that to the things about you? That you have a hard time leaving your comfort zone?"

Emery shook her head, "I hadn't realized that about myself." She stated.

Trenise chuckled, "Well, it's the truth"

Chelsea came back into the room and tossed a pair of sky blue cotton panties at Emery, who caught them without a problem. "I got them from the stock room. Your dad was really nice about letting me take those." Chelsea said, smiling at Trenise, then she looked at Emery and huffed, "Go into the stall right there and put them on." Chelsea said pointing to a door on the far side of the large dressing room.

When Emery exited, Chelsea and Trenise looked at each other and laughed. They'd get their friend on the right track even if it took them all weekend.

Ooooooooo00oooooooooO

Second thoughts had wracked Emery's brain all night to the point where sleep wasn't an option. Although her eyes were continuously drifting closed, her brain wasn't letting her fall asleep, so she slipped downstairs to play Madden and hoped that the football video game would put her to sleep.

The house was dead silent. Which was the usual, even with her parents out of town on business, well for her father it was business, for her mother it was a vacation. Emery exhaled loudly as she pressed a few buttons on the controller. Keeping her company on her lap was Comet, who was snoring peacefully. Emery envied the cats ability to sleep whenever it wanted.

The sound of the front door slamming startled Emery, but she didn't jump, she knew who was slamming her front door at nine o' clock in the evening. Friday nights were party nights, and Logan always came over to get Darrell, they carpooled so that in the event that one of them got completely shit faced, they had each other for a designated driver.

"Aye boy!" Came Logan's silky smooth voice as he came into the family room. Before Emery could tell Logan that Darrell was upstairs getting ready, her head was being rocked furiously by a rough hand. Her beanie chaffed against her hairline numerous times.

"I know its dark, but damn dude; please don't tell me you got me confused with Darrell." Emery said as the rocking of her head slowed down.

Logan's hand left the top of her head and then the lights came on, "Oh, shit." He said, laughing. "I'm sorry girl, must've gotten you confused with Darrell." He said. "I swear, you guys look so much alike sometimes."

Emery rolled her eyes, "Because Darrell's hair almost reaches his ass too?" She asked, fixing her beanie on her head. Emery finally looked up at Logan and sighed, holding in her inner disgust as her eyes caught sight of the figure behind him.

Julia Kale. Transformed book nerd to hoe. Golden blonde hair, flawless skin, and sky blue eyes. Academically intelligent, socially daft. Dresses like a straight up hipster. About 5' a toy truck. Wears a size five. Flat chested.

She was short, that was good to see, it meant that Logan did go for short girls as well. Julia stood behind Logan, clutching his hand possessively. Her golden blonde hair braided into a fish tail that her free hand tugged a little. Emery raised her eyebrow at Logan and then leaned back on the couch. "You guys gonna sit down?" She asked, her voice broke slightly, so she cleared her throat.

Logan and Julia crossed in front of the TV and headed towards the loveseat where Logan sat first and then pulled Julia down on his lap. Emery's blood boiled beneath her skin, as she pet Comet, a little rougher the necessary, the cat let out a startled noise and jumped. Emery held the cat on her lap and soothed it with a brush of her hand. Before reaching for the Playstation controller that had fallen on the seat next to her, she took a calming deep breath intent on forgetting that Logan was bumping noses with his female friend. Emery's mood lightened as she started a new game of Madden, whoever the girl was she wouldn't be lasting long.

That was Logan's style, he moved around like nobody's business. Sometimes he'd be in a serious relationship, other times he'd just be testing the waters seeing how long it would last with someone. But, usually it was the latter.

"The Patriots?" Logan asked curiously and Emery smirked.

So he'd been watching her selection, "Yessir. Is there a problem with my decision?" She asked, not once taking her eyes off of the loading screen that displayed her stats and the stats of her opponent, the Giants.

"You could do more damage with the Steelers." He said.

Emery shook her head, "The Patriots are my boys." She said with finality.

"Fair enough." He replied smoothly.

"Babe," Julia said, "Is it true that you're from England?"

Emery rolled her eyes, as her game got started. It was the coin-toss and she chose tails, and listened to Logan's response. "My mom's from England. I'm not."

"Oh, is that why you barely have an accent?" She asked.

In his smooth as butter, thick as chocolate voice he said, "That's exactly why." His reply was stiff, and if someone were to listen closely, they'd be able to make out a small accent, but since he was raised in America there really wasn't an accent to speak of. Emery knew that tone of voice, the rigid reply could only mean one thing, he was annoyed. She chanced a glance in his direction to find Julia stroking his face with a small smile, as he sat there watching the TV with his jaw clenched. Julia wouldn't be lasting that long. Emery was about to look away, when Logan's gaze left the TV screen and landed on Emery's face. Feeling like a deer caught in headlights, the heat rose in Emery's cheeks and she smiled slightly. His gleaming topaz eyes were intense as he steadied his gaze on her face. Emery's eyes didn't stray, but she could see Julia's head snap towards her, and she bit her lip. She didn't want to end the eye contact; it would seem like a sissy move. Like she couldn't handle an intense gaze, but Logan said "You need to choose an offensive play."

Emery nodded in a dazed fashion before remembering her game. She turned her attention away from him, but out of her peripheral vision, she could tell his gaze had yet to stray from her. She chose a play and began to carry it out.

"Emery, you're such a pretty girl. It's a shame you don't act like one." The voice belonged to the only other female in the room. Emery paused the game and threw the controller on the couch cushion beside her. Her hand stroked the back of Comet as she turned her gaze to Julia.

"What?" She wasn't in the mood to discuss her femininity. Especially with a stranger. It was bad enough that for the last few hours, she'd been having second thoughts on whether to carry out her plan of seduction, because of how uncomfortable she felt with switching things up, but now it seemed prudent. She sensed a challenge. 'Thanks, Julia, you've now made up my mind. I'm not afraid of a little competition.' She thought as her eyebrow rose. Outwardly, she looked like she was ready to throw down.

"Well, I mean. You have beautiful hair, beautiful face features, and an outrageous body- I think, but you act so- anti-girly." Julia informed Emery, wiggling on Logan's lap, and stroking his hair. "A lot of the guys at school think you're the most gorgeous girl there. Wanna know why you've never had a boyfriend?"

"Why?" Emery asked.

Logan's hand clapped over Julia's mouth. Emery knew what was up. Julia felt threatened, so she was firing off every weapon she had, "Julia, that's enough." Logan said harshly.

"No, Logan, uncover her mouth. I want to hear this." Emery said, her stroking of the orange fur on Comet's back becoming rougher.

"I don't think you do." Logan said back.

Emery rolled her eyes humorously, "Then why don't you tell me?" She offered.

Logan's hand came off Julia's mouth quickly, and Julia wasted no time in saying, "Guys think you're a lesbian."

Emery's eyes widened and her hand pressed down on Comet, causing the poor cat to make a sound of displeasure and leap off of her lap. Suddenly she felt very alone in the room. Logan was looking guilty, Julia was looking smug, and the fans on the game of Madden were all cheering. Emery licked her lips slowly and thoughtfully, thinking of something she could say to that.

"Am I?" She asked closing her eyes, puckering her lips, and proceeding to make kissy noises.

"No you're not." Emery's eyes flew open as she turned around to see Darrell standing next to her. The look he was giving Julia and Logan made Emery smirk. Her brother would always be right behind her. "The only reason why my little sister has never had a boyfriend is because no one wants to be responsible for breaking her heart, because I'm right there to put the asshole in his place, and you know that Julia. Don't make up lies so that you can feel superior to my sister in some way." Darrell growled.

Julia screeched, "Sorry, I just got a little jealous after I saw these two having eye sex. Shoot me." She accused, and Emery's heart pounded as she looked at her brother.

"Eye sex?" Darrell asked raising an eyebrow.

"Bro, I only looked at your sister to tell her that she needed to pick a play before the clock ran out." Logan said, "Julia just has a hard time interpreting shit." He said. Yeah, Julia wouldn't last long on his arm. "But, dude, I have to ask. Why doesn't your sister act like a chick?" Logan asked. She could tell he was looking for something to change the topic. Fishing for a subject to subtly ward off Darrell's curious expression, but that didn't stop a small frown from forming on her face. Emery's heart began pounding furiously.

Emery scowled at him outwardly. Inwardly, her heart just popped out of her chest and landed on the Persian rug, and questions started racing though her mind. Was that why he never flirted with her? Was that why he never bothered to call her by name? Her friends were right. Besides being 'Darrell's sister' even to Logan, Emery was just a 'bro'. In his eyes, she had nothing feminine about her- therefore he saw her differently. Her plan was taking a turn, she didn't have to just prove she was more than Darrell's little sister, she also had to prove that she was… A girl! Emery's head hurt as she lowered her eyes, and her hands came to her cheeks to bar anyone from seeing her flushed expression. He probably, secretly thought that she was a lesbian too.

"I like how acts. Emery is one of the guys. It saves me from having to kick a dude's ass because he said the wrong thing. I prefer tomboy Emery. I also like the way Em dresses. She's got chick swag. What's wrong with that?" Darrell said honestly and Emery smiled slightly and finally lifted her eyes, in approval of her brother's defense.

Emery stood up, and crossed the room to turn off the Playstation and the TV. Sighing loudly, she began to exit the family room stopping to give her brother a hug and a kiss.

"Drive safe." She told him before escaping the room. She couldn't be around them one more minute, her head would explode. Julia was a jealous wretch, and although Emery reveled in the fact that Julia was suspicious, she couldn't stand the fact that she would embarrass her like that. Now, when she did her temporary transformation, Logan and Darrell would think that she did it because she took Julia's words to heart. In all actuality, Emery couldn't care any less about what Julia had said, it only made her realize that girls actually considered her competition, which would make the scoring of Logan that much better. On her way up the stairs, she almost tripped over Comet.

Looking down sternly at her Garfield replica, she said, "Don't just sit in the middle of the stairs like that, you could've killed me, and I could've hurt you." When the orange cat lifted a paw into the air, Emery smiled and bent down to scoop the small cat into her arms. Kissing its head, she asked the cat, "Can I read the third chapter to you?" The cat's single meow was all she needed to continue bounding up the stairs. Although she was feeling a little down due to her belief that Logan didn't pursue her because of her reluctance to acting and dressing like a girl, she knew that his thoughts on her now would be a little bit different come tomorrow. All she needed to do was read chapter three and carry out her devious plan.

Emery Johnson was finally ready to make it nasty.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.