Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Make It Nasty

©AwardedEmmy

2012

A/N- This chapter is seriously long. It's in an essence the first chapter of the first draft of 'Make It Nasty', but enhanced to a degree. I thought about breaking it up, but I couldn't because honestly, there wasn't an appropriate place to hack it off and the end of this chapter is just soooo perfect. It took me an hour to reread through this, but then again I was reading out loud and editing at the same time. So enjoy the 9,100 words of chapter three! :)




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


'So, now that you've got a whole new wardrobe, you're probably ready to flaunt it? Or maybe you're having second thoughts about this whole thing? Just stop all thoughts completely and focus on this.

One time.

You have one time to show him what you're capable of. Make It Nasty by going all out. Once.'

Chapter 3

"I changed the clock on my phone to military time, but I'm too lazy to convert the time to regular time. So I just never know what time it is anymore."

Emery's head snapped in Logan's direction at the sound of his husky laughter and she smiled dreamily, before feeling the desire to sink into the depths of the dark leather couch she sat on. Across the room sat Logan in all of his fresh out of the pool glory, with the Playstation controller wedged between his manly hands.

'Dear Lord, how is it possible for one guy to look so good while playing video games?'

One would think it was impossible, but Emery had to admit, the fact he was only wearing dark purple swim trunks (the color certainly complemented his tan), and a pair of white Nikes contributed to his allure. It was too bad that curled up by his side, with her pedicured toes curled on Emery's couch, wearing what looked like less than a bikini, was Julia, giggling like an airhead at his joke. How they were still together after he was clearly annoyed with her the night before was a mystery to Emery.

Emery's top teeth sunk into her bottom lip and she turned her gaze away in disgust. She was unable to figure out why he insisted on inviting her over after she'd insulted Emery and why she hadn't left immediately after the swimming.

"I thought you guys said I could get a turn." Emery finally voiced. She'd been sitting there for about an hour waiting patiently, her favorite game was displayed on the seventy-two inch TV, and her brother had promised she could play the winner. Well, she'd turned the video game on, and then they boys came in and asked for turns, and as soon as they both beat her out of a controller, they hadn't shared.

"And we said later. I don't see why you even have to play, it's not like you didn't play last night, and you literally just play for like two hours alone." Darrell replied not once looking away from the screen to fully acknowledge his younger sister. Emery grumbled not too nice things under her breath and stood up quickly, her swift movement earning her a gaze from the vivacious topaz eyes of Logan. She knew that look. It was one of 'recognition', like he'd completely forgotten she existed. Any second now he'd address her as 'Darrell's sister' and then ask her for something, and she'd willing oblige.

Logan grinned, the corners of his eyes crinkling, white teeth gleaming, and is if on a certain cue, his eyes shimmered and he said. "Hey Darrell's sister, can you fetch me a beer, por favor?" The question caused Emery's heart to fall.

Even worse, Julia's head came off his shoulder and a hopeful grin spread across her cheeks. "Me too?"

Darrell paused the game, "Yeah, me too." He didn't even ask. He just added on, like he knew that Emery was going to go and get it for him.

"I ain't 'fetching' anybody anything. Last time I checked I don't neigh or bark." She said stubbornly. Emery always had small retorts; every single one was a small hopeful attempt at seducing Logan into conversation…

But like always, "Thanks girl." He said, with a final grin, before turning his attention to the bumping of his nose against Julia's. Life just wasn't fair.

"You're welcome." Emery mumbled. "Darrell, if dad-,"

"He doesn't care. It's just what, three cans, he won't even notice. Especially since he's not home." Darrell said putting his finger up to his lips in a shushing manner, even though he knew Emery wouldn't ever think to tell on him.

"Whatever." Emery sighed, exiting the family room, and heading to the kitchen. Whipping open the refrigerator door, she scanned the shelves until she came across the box holding the beer. She tore into the box and brought out three beers. Closing the fridge door with her foot while balancing the three beverages in her arms precariously, she found on the other side of the door was Julia- with her golden hair in some messy bun, staring at Emery expectantly with her beady eyes.

'Dear Lord. What now?' Emery thought, stopping and giving Julia a look that meant she was already bored, "Can I help you?" Emery asked dully, handing Julia one of the beverages in her hand and then grabbing the beer that had been stuck in the crook of her elbow.

"Yes. You can. I know about the whole brother's best friend cliché thing, let's not forget I used to read every single romantic cliché in the library," It was a while back, but hard to forget. Julia used to be the school's bookworm, until some jock, not Logan, pimped her out. "You obviously didn't take the subtle hints that I was throwing at you last night. But don't think I don't see the way that you look at him. You need to stay away from my man." Julia said cattily, every sentence taking a step closer to Emery, "Got it?"

Emery set a can on the counter, and snatched the other one from Julia's hand. "I don't care what you have to say. I don't care what you think is going on. I don't care." Emery said as calmly as possible. She'd never been in a physical fight, but she was ready to put her right arm to work. Emery wanted to punch Julia dead in her beady blue eye, but she wouldn't do that. "I do care about the fact that this is the second time in not even three days, that you've come into my house and blatantly disrespected me. So you know what? I'm going to have to ask you to leave." Emery was surprised with how levelheaded she sounded. On the inside she felt like showing Julia who exactly was the 'bad bitch' in the room.

"What?" Julia asked, screwing her face up into a look of pure confusion, "I refuse to leave. You didn't invite me."

Emery raised an eyebrow, "Out." She said with finality in her voice, before breezing past the big headed girl.

How dare Julia even insinuate that Emery would want to steal Logan? As much as Emery was displeased with him having a girlfriend that wasn't named Emery Johnson, she wouldn't man-steal. Never. In fact, she would hold off her plans until she was sure he was no longer in a relationship, before she could be labeled a 'man-stealer'.

She padded back into the family room and handed her brother his beer, then walked over to Logan and handed him his. "Um, Darrell's best friend," That was the first time she'd gone with the approach of not calling him his name, and he seemed to notice, he looked up with confused brown eyes, yet his lips portrayed that he was humored. 'Score'. "I just kicked Julia out." Emery said nonchalantly while walking away from him.

It was quiet for a second, before Logan scoffed, "Darrell, did I just hear your sister correctly?" Logan sounded dubious, almost enough to make Emery want to turn around and looked at the facial expression that she knew had to be cute. "I think she just said that she kicked Julia out."

Darrell was laughing, it was apparent that he wasn't a fan of Julia. When Logan was asking him if she could come over to swim, it took Darrell a long time to give his consent. "Emery, why would you do that?" Darrell questioned, tipping his can to his lips, humor twinkled in his eyes.

She smirked all to giddy to share why Julia got the boot. "Because, she told me to stay away from her man. Like, I'm offended that she would even think that I'd want any part of Logan." Emery said, rolling her eyes, "So I told her to leave." She turned to look at Logan who was actually looking at her.

'Score'.

Her words must've been a cut to his manhood. His expression was one of someone who was assessing something with pure fascination. A look that instantly made her feel incredibly uncomfortable, she'd watched him give the same look to dozens of other girls and wished it would someday be her under that gaze, now that it was her she was cowering. "How long have you guys been dating anyway?" She asked awkwardly. She already knew that they had only started doing whatever it was that Logan called it since sometime yesterday, but she'd rather play off the fact that she knew nearly everything about him.

Logan stood up, and even though Emery knew what he was doing, her eyebrow arched. It was a seduction technique, she'd read about it on the internet. Guys with muscles like to put them on display. He stretched his hands to the ceiling and his swim trunks slipped a little. Emery's breath caught in her chest as her gaze caught a glimpse of his tanned 'v' underneath the impressive six pack. Now she wanted to moan, but of course she didn't. She forced her eyes back up to his face. She wanted to look at his body, but she fixed him with a leveled gaze, in his eyes, not at his perfect abdominal muscles. "Since yesterday after school." He answered, winking. He threw his body back down onto the couch and took a swig of his beer. After swallowing he said, "I'm offended that'd she would even be calling me her man." He leaned forward on the couch, his elbows resting on his knees, and the red beer can he held by the rim dangled in his left hand. "It wasn't even official; I only asked if she wanted to chill over the weekend." He said shaking his head. "Some girls just don't even know." His head fell and he looked down, allowing Emery the opportunity to stare at his shoulders. The shoulders of a basketball player. Big, broad, and incredibly sexy. The tan skin was smooth and a sprinkled with a few light freckles from his excessive sun exposure.

Emery gulped, "Right?" She replied shakily, like Logan had just spoken gospel. "I think I did the two of us a favor." She said truthfully. Kicking Julia out saved Emery from looking like a weakling and saved Logan from a possessive… Wannabe girlfriend?

Logan's head popped up, and his topaz eyes sparkled as he said, "I think you did. Thanks, Darrell's sister." He said while smirking and winking. Emery frowned. It was almost like he was playing a game with her. Like he knew that the title bothered her and yet… The way he said it was almost… Flirtatious! He said 'Darrell's sister' almost like he acknowledged the fact she… Wasn't just Darrell's sister? Like it was an inside joke. The pessimist in her said that the smirk and the 'falsely said endearment' meant that he was simply ready to dismiss the conversation. Yet the optimist in her said that the wink and the flirtatious way he spoke meant that things had definitely changed. Logan never winked at 'Darrell's sister'.

Darrell cleared his throat and looked at his best friend, "Don't ever lemme catch you winking at my sister." He threatened.

Logan sat up and threw his hands up in a surrendering motion, "Sorry dawg." He mumbled.

Emery rolled her eyes, "So, are you going to go and get Julia?" She asked Logan.

He shook his head vigorously, "Hell no!" He shouted, and licked his bottom lip, "I'm glad you kicked her out. I meant it when I agreed with you on the favor thing." He said honestly, causing Emery's heart to swell, as he smiled at her.

The clearing of Darrell's throat captured her attention and she looked at her brother, "So, are you coming tonight?" Emery knew exactly what Darrell was talking about. Darrell Johnson was an aspiring rap/hip-hop artist. Being that he was one of the lucky children to be born to a rap legend- now CEO of a rap music producing company, breaking into the business wasn't difficult for Darrell. He had the correct publicity that ensured that every venue was always packed. At least he was good. He could spit out raps like nobody's business, wicked fast, delicately slow, Darrell was on the rise to fame, and Emery had been there every step of the way.

Emery nodded, "Of course." She grinned, displaying her deep dimples, "What kind of sister would I be if I didn't support my twin bro?"

Darrell grinned at his sister and flicked the Playstation remote that was still in his hands onto the couch and reclined, swigging his beer, "A pretty bad one, I reckon." He joked. "Tonight I'm featuring a new rap; Logan here helped me write it."

Emery's nose wrinkled. Logan writing music. Like hell, he didn't even like to write his own papers for school. She looked towards Logan."Well I can't wait to hear this." She muttered, looking at the kid sitting on her loveseat wagging his eyebrows and cheesing like a fool. Emery turned her amber eyes back to her brother before her heart had time to palpitate straight out of her chest. "Anyways, my friends are coming over so we can get ready. That means, I won't be doing anymore beer runs, yeah?" She only said it because the two boys seemed to enjoy calling her from her bedroom to do little tasks that could've easily been done without her help.

"You're getting ready?" Darrell asked skeptically looking at his sister. He looked at her attire, beige cargo shorts that he remembered purchasing at the same time as her… From the same section, and a loose blood red tank top with a small pocket on the right breast. Her shoes were her favorite red high-top converse, and in her hair was a red paisley bandana, tied in the Tupac fashion. He rolled his eyes; she would end up wearing just that outfit to his concert.

Emery rolled her eyes, "Stop assessing me, you already know that I'm wearing what I have on. My friends are coming over to get ready themselves." She frowned at her lie. The frown deepened when she thought of all of the times she acted like a loser, inviting her friends over so they could get all dolled up while she played Draw Something, because she was too lazy to even attempt the whole 'get pretty' thing. Now she was finally going to give it a go, and her brother didn't believe her.

"LAME!" Darrell said loudly, grinning at his sister. It was all jokes for him, but Emery truly felt lame. "Hey remember how we were talking about your chick swag last night?" Darrell asked raising his eyebrows. Emery rolled her eyes; she didn't want to talk about this again. She nodded her head and noticeably grimaced. "Well, I heard that, Justin Todesey likes your chick swag." Darrell mentioned suggestively.

Emery's jaw dropped, "Justin Todesey?" It wasn't her that asked the question with a voice filled with cynicism. Emery's amber eyes darted over to Logan, who looked disgusted. He shook his head, unimpressed.

"Yep." Darrell confirmed. "Last night at the party he was talking about you. He wants to talk to you, and there is no way in hell, I'm letting that happen. If he ever approaches you, just come to me."

Logan cleared his throat, "Or me." He shook his head again.

"Like I would go to you, you don't even call me by my name." Emery reprimanded and then frowned; she was deeply pleased with his gesture. Justin Todesey, Freemont High School's luminary baseball player and number two playboy, coming in second to Logan. Emery laughed, "I think I can handle Justin." She said haughtily. "I'm not like all the other girls who are like, 'Oh Justin, your blue eyes just-!' Faint."

Darrell scoffed, "Emery, just stop, we all know that when it comes to guys you bend over backwards for them, and I didn't mean that in any dirty way." Emery pouted, even though she knew it was the truth, she still wanted to believe she was more independent than that. Darrell frowned as if considering something then said, "You better not be bending over for anyone."

Emery's cheeks heated as she looked over nervously at Logan whose topaz gaze flickered over to her, "I'm n-not." She stuttered, looking away from the quizzing eyes of Logan.

"Good." Darrell said, "Besides, when girls tell guys, especially guys who are players that they 'aren't like other girls', it only ends up being a long game of hard to get and it ends with the girl in tears. I don't need you playing that game and getting hurt."

Emery stared at her brother for a second, and then a wicked grin spread across her face. "So, if I were to tell Justin that I basically wasn't interested in his silly advances, then he'd try to do anything to be with me?" She asked genuinely interested in her brother's answer.

Darrell stared at Emery blankly. "If he's really that interested in getting in your pants, then yes. Besides guys who usually get it easily, are most likely to be down for the chase, sometimes guys like a challenge." He said honestly.

Emery smirked. "Is that so?" She began wondering if 'Make It Nasty' had a chapter on making her man jealous. Although, what Darrell was describing sounded exactly like what 'Make It Nasty' was teaching her. It was basically all a game of hard to get. Darrell was warning her about some guy whom she didn't give two fucks about, when the real danger followed his best friend.

Darrell nodded, "Em, I don't want to see you hurt. Are you planning on trying that with Justin?"

"No." She said truthfully, but suddenly it seemed like she would need to deviate from the book just a little. What if she used Justin to make Logan jealous? The sound of the doorbell shook her, and she inwardly smirked ready to get her friends upstairs to get advice on her new plan.

"Good. I'd hate to see you upset because your heart got broken."

Logan sighed, "Yeah me too, just don't play with Justin. It's a bad idea."

Emery nodded, "Of course not. Thanks for the advice Darrell, and Darrell's best friend. I'll make sure to stay away from Justin." She said kind of- honestly over her shoulder as she exited out of the living room. Butterflies fluttered in her stomach, as she rushed to the front door to let her friends in and tell them all that was said.

Ooooooooo00oooooooooO

"I get what your brother's saying." Trenise said, nodding in an understanding fashion while twirling her waist length light brown hair around her pointer finger. Her brown eyes scanned Emery's deep burgundy comforter in concentration. "Don't do it. You're already getting yourself in deep with trying to seduce Logan."

Chelsea Ryan cleared her throat from the other side of the room. Twisting on a swivel chair, childishly. "Yeah, you don't want to…" She paused and snapped her fingers, "There's this saying. It's- Ugh!" She repeated the snapping motion with her fingers, and then gasped, "You don't want to bite off more than you can chew." She finally said, grinning at herself.

"Alright." Emery deadpanned.

"Alright." Chelsea mimicked. "The plan that you have already sounds decent enough. But do you seriously think you're mature enough to play that hard. Like, you've never had a boyfriend, you've never been kissed, and now you're thinking about playing with two guys hearts. You have to think about everything Em." Chelsea said her face looking completely sympathetic as she continued, "Like, what happens when, Darrell finds out you're stringing along his best friend, and the guy he warned you to stay away from? Or when Logan decides to get with someone else because you're holding out?" Chelsea asked smartly, flicking her lengthy raven hair over her shoulder.

Emery's face fell, she hadn't considered those things. "Wow." She huffed and threw her hands in the air.

"I'm just simply pointing out the other sides- the sides that aren't just benefitting you. Sorry babes." Chelsea said shrugging. "I'm here to help you out."

Trenise cleared her throat, "I know you're going to hate me, but I have to ask, what if Logan doesn't take the bait? What if he ignores this whole transformation?"

"He has to take the bait. My brother said that some guys like a challenge." Emery said.

Trenise and Chelsea shared a look, both wondering how their friend could be so naïve. "Some." Trenise and Chelsea said at the same time, and then giggled.

"But seriously. If you want to do this, I mean adding Justin into this complicated equation, we're behind you every step." Trenise said smiling still.

Chelsea clapped her hands together and stood up from the swivel chair, "So this book says that it's time to give him a peek of the new you." She giggled.

"Yeah, but I kind of want to take this whole transformation step by step. I don't want to just pop up and be like, 'Logan, check out the new me.' Ya know? I want to slowly introduce this."

"Okay, we'll take it slow... But after tonight. Tonight you have to look hot. The book says so. No trying to get out of it. What do you have in your closet that's super sexy?" Trenise asked, rolling off the bed and already making her way into Emery's walk-in closet.

"No idea. We bought a crap load of stuff yesterday though, so…" Emery answered. She never really wore too many things that would appear attractive unless forced into it by her mother. She preferred dressing like an individual, and tight sexy clothes really didn't fall into that category- in her opinion.

"We'll find something," Trenise called as Chelsea joined her inside the closet.

Emery nodded to herself and walked over to her vanity and stared at her reflection. There wasn't a thing wrong with her, eyes the color of dark amber and a heap of dark brown waves that she'd dyed golden on the tips, her hair stopped at her mid-back. Her skin was a light brown, like the color of French vanilla coffee. She was well proportionate, with a generous set of hips and breasts, a flat stomach, and a well rounded derriere. She pursed her pouty red lips and looked at her small button nose. She smiled and the deep set of dimples came on display, sprinkled over her nose and cheeks were light freckles. She wrinkled her nose and grinned wider.

There was nothing wrong with her at all.

"Oh Logan." She mumbled and closed her eyes, the smile on her face faded, and she pouted.

She wasn't 'obsessed' with him, nor in love with him. She just wanted him, but then again, who didn't? Logan Isley was the son of Kingston, A-list celebrity and Isadora Isley, British super model turned fashion designer, meaning he was richer than rich, but unlike many others, Emery didn't want him because of his wealth… Or his looks, though she must admit that his naturally sun kissed skin, sparkling topaz eyes, dark chestnut brown hair, and muscles for days made him undeniably attractive, and was a great bonus. Emery wanted him because- her eyes opened and flickered to the red construction paper heart wedged between the wood of her vanity and the mirror. Her eleventh birthday present from him to her.

She remembered the way he approached her shyly at the beginning of the party and shoved the heart into her hands, he'd said,

"Darrell's sister?" When she'd turned around and acknowledged him, she raised her eyebrows, "I'm sorry, I didn't really know what to get a girl for her birthday, so," He looked down at the heart in his fingers, "Here, it's my heart- the best one I've ever made, and you can have it." He thrust it into her small hands then blushed. Emery had blushed too, and then drew him in for a quick hug, completely out of character for her- especially back then. She thanked him, and immediately ran up to her room to wedge the construction paper heart between the wood and the mirror, its home for the past six years.

Emery shook her head. She couldn't believe she'd held onto the heart for as long as she did. It was probably extremely girly of her, but she liked to pretend that the sweet gesture had meant something more. Like maybe he had a crush on her or something. Of course she'd never know… Until this whole plan of hers worked. She smirked.

It had to work.

It would work.

"Damn Em!" Chelsea squealed coming out of the closet; Emery raised her eyebrows and looked at her friend through the mirror. Chelsea held up a black dress and shook it, "When did you buy this tight thing, because I know this was not on the receipt yesterday."

Emery grimaced and turned around, walking over to Chelsea, she remembered the dress. "The last time I wore this, I was in a dressing room." She commented smirking, remembering when her mother shoved her into the dressing room. Dennis Johnson, Emery's father, the CEO of Dope Kings, a hit record label for rap and hip hop music, was finally buying out Money Thugs Records, a less successful company. The event would require a formal party, and formal meant fancy dresses. Something that Emery didn't have. Her mother forced her to the most expensive boutique in Los Angeles, and bought a mass amount of dresses…. Emery ended up wearing a tight skirt she found at a thrift store- just to be rebellious, and stored the rest of the dresses in the back of her closet.

She studied the dress; it really wasn't anything too special. It was a formfitting- bodycon, black dress, with tight three-quartered sleeves, that would extend to right above Emery's mid-thigh. A black lace silhouette covered the whole dress, making it look much more elegant. Emery smiled, "I like this." She murmured.

Trenise came out of the closet and assessed Emery. "Oh my. What if you keep the converse and Tupac bandana on?" She said clapping, "And put the dress on, and we'll straighten your hair!"

Emery visualized the outfit. "Actually, that's not a bad idea." She said grinning; it was all falling into place. Except the hair straightening part. She rarely straightened her hair; she couldn't stand damaging the beautiful thick hair on her head.

"Yeah, you can keep your swag, but be sexy at the same time. Swexy." Trenise had some sort of affinity for making up her own words by combining words.

Emery nodded. "Alright, what are you guys wearing?" She asked, actually caring. Both Chelsea and Trenise gave Emery impressed looks.

Chelsea squealed, her signature noise, and ran across Emery's large bedroom and tore through her bag, she brought out a shoe box, and "I got new shoes!" She ripped the lid off the box and snatched out the right heel. "Isn't this beautiful?"

Emery studied the shoe from across the room and frowned, it was a leather nude color. Honestly, nothing special. "How much were they?" She asked, feigning explicit interest, when really she just wanted to know what Chelsea was wearing the shoe with.

"A lady never tells." Chelsea said dramatically, and then rolled her dark eyes, "Three hundred."

Emery's face went blank, "Your shoes are like high priced prostitutes. You pay so much for just one night with them, and then you never use them again."

Chelsea gasped, "Not fair, I wear all of my shoes at least twice." She defended herself lamely.

Trenise rolled her eyes, "What will the lady be wearing with the expensive shoes?"

"Oh." Chelsea bent back down and pulled a pair of high-waist skinny jeans out of the bag and a way loose pink crop top. "I'm wearing that, and then putting this mess," She combed her fingers through her raven hair, "In a high ponytail, and putting on a golden necklace with a cross on it and wearing a simple pair of golden hoops."

Emery nodded, "Sounds cute." It actually did. She turned to Trenise, who was sitting lamely on the swivel chair in the corner of the room. "What about you?"

"Something simple." She got up and padded to her bag where she lazily tore through it until she found her outfit. "These shorts." A pair of light denim high waist shorts. "This shirt." A see through, thin, white button up shirt. "I'm buttoning that up all the way, top button." She said, as if it hadn't ever been done before. "My white canvas Keds and a middle part in the hair." She finished, running her fingers through her light brown tresses of slightly wavy hair.

Emery nodded and her eyes shot to the analog clock on her wall. "Well, Darrell's concert starts in about two hours."

"So we should start getting ready. I need to get about ten numbers tonight." Chelsea said, as if nine from three weekends ago wasn't good enough.

Trenise rolled her eyes, "Chelsea, do you even use the numbers you get?" Chelsea thought for a second, and then shook her head. "You need to stop leading those poor guys on."

Chelsea's eyes rolled and she shrugged. "I think you should tell the newbie it's a bad idea, not the professional."

Emery's gaze met Trenise's and then she looked at Chelsea. "You said-,"

"I know I was kidding, I'm here every single step of the way." Chelsea said smiling, "If you wanna play, then I'm gonna teach you, and first things first, the cargo shorts need to go. At least for a few weeks."

Emery smirked, "I know that, and I totally don't mind giving up the comfort of my cargos for a few weeks if it means that I'll have Logan yapping at my heels." She said honestly, finally feeling like everything was falling into its right place and that she shouldn't be nervous about the change anymore.

"Dear Lord." Trenise said, "I just had the weirdest visual. Big ass Logan, on his hands and knees, chasing after you, and yapping." Trenise massaged her forehead as if the visual was just too much.

Emery smirked; it really wasn't a bad image- in her opinion anyway.

Ooooooooo00oooooooooO

"Your obsession with camouflage is unhealthy." Chelsea said, plucking at Emery's oversized camouflage jacket.

"I can't help it." Emery glowered, slightly yanking her arm away from Chelsea's judgment. The dress was extremely tight, and to contrast it, she threw on the biggest jacket she had in her closet, which just so happened to be camouflage.

"Leave her alone Chels." Trenise said, pulling Chelsea away from Emery. "You can't complain about her choice of cover-up if you were able to get her to wear some heels. That's an accomplishment."

Emery rolled her eyes, she didn't have a problem with the heels, she could walk in them quite well, but they just weren't her choice of shoe. She took a glance down at the suede red pumps adorning her size six feet. She'd forgotten she had the shoes. They'd been a pair shoved to the back of her closet as well. They were expensive. She had a problem with wearing expensive things mainly because she didn't want to ruin something, money doesn't grow on trees- it was unfortunate that the rest of her family couldn't understand that.

"Emery, did I tell you I like how you made the mole above your lip, bolder. So Marilyn." Chelsea commented.

Emery smirked and wondered if the red paint on her lips made the smirk appear to be more seductive, "Thanks girl."

The three girls sauntered towards backstage of the concert- the crowd was huge. Emery's heart swelled at the thought of her brother being able to achieve his goal of being an acclaimed rapper by the age of twenty. By the looks of it, he was almost there, and since it was summer break, he was allowed to go out of town and perform. Something Emery was looking forward to, after all she was his default travel buddy. Wherever Darrell goes, Emery follows and vice versa.

"Ladies." The bodyguard said, having their faces memorized, he smiled, and stepped away from blocking the door. Emery smiled gratefully, and began to lead, noting the confused expression of the big bodyguard, as he assessed her.

Upon reaching the large VIP like room, Emery stopped in the doorway, there were a few people there already, but it didn't take long for her to spot Logan sitting on the red couch in corner of the room. Covered in girls. "Typical." She muttered, but she couldn't deny the fact that he looked amazing. What could be seen of his dark hair was standing up on his head just like he'd run his fingers through it recently, and what wasn't visible was covered by a snow white beanie that made a placid hook shape on the back. He wore a light blue tank top, with thin straps, and a dark blue sun-like design in the middle. The tank top allowed Emery a view of his glorious tanned biceps, and the front dipped down and exposed a small amount of her pecs. He wore dark straight leg jeans, and his white Vans. Emery bit her lip and shivered.

Walking further into the room she immediately felt her forehead break out into a thin sweat. It was inevitable; the comfort of the jacket would have to go. The clacking of her heels quieted down her brothers many groupies as a great deal of them turned and stared.

"You don't have to be so nosy." She said aloud, feeling extremely confident in herself.

She reached an empty table that was coincidentally in front of where Logan was sitting. She closed her eyes, took two comforting deep breaths, and then clutched the sleeve of the camouflage jacket and started taking it off. Suddenly everything moved in slow motion. Coming out of the jacket seemed to take a lot of time- too much time, but when it was off she threw it down on the table and shook her straightened hair behind her back. She opened her eyes- still in the slow motion feeling, and her amber gaze met the scintillating topaz gaze of Logan.

His eyebrow quirked as his two pointer fingers and thumbs formed a gun that he brought up and placed on his full pink lips. His eyes scanned her, assessing the shiny straightness of her hair that went long ways down her back. The lacy black dress that she had on hugged ever single part of the her body that it covered, and in his eyes it didn't cover much. The curves that the dress exposed astonished him and the way her legs looked in her heels… Logan shifted uncomfortably in his seat. Emery's eyebrows rose too as his eyes finally came back up and met with hers. The flushed feeling came to her face, but she wouldn't risk the façade by cupping her cheeks, her habit when she felt she was blushing. He concentrated hard on her, his eyes narrowing just slightly.

Emery smirked, and she gave him a look that she hoped translated into, "Is this more feminine for you?"

'Score'.

She turned away from him, the half smile never leaving her face, and she began to make her way towards her friends who'd stopped walking a long time before to provide her with some confidence. But her upper arm was yanked, causing her to fall backward, and the hold she had on her phone almost loosened. She cried out, her heart racing as she imagined her phone crashing to the ground and cracking into a million pieces. She was glad that she was able to grip the phone tighter. The clutch on her upper arm sent tingles running up and down her spine. She turned her head and looked up.

Logan.

'Go figure with the tingles.'

She could barely keep up with him, while he was relentlessly dragging her out of the VIP section, and she found herself stumbling in her heels. She used her free arm to grip the arm Logan was using to drag her away to steady herself.

"Why are you walking so fast?" She grumbled. He didn't answer. "Typical." She muttered under her breath. Logan rarely replied unless he was the one to initiate the conversation.

They made it out of the VIP section and rounded a corner.

"Ugh." The sound of bodies colliding caused her to look up. Only the collision didn't just make her stumble over her own feet. She heard Logan apologize and a feminine voice reply, but the only sound that mattered to her was the cracking sound that could only be recognized as a phone meeting the floor, only it was echoed. She barely recognized that the phone lying on the floor was hers as she fumed.

Logan bent down and picked up two phones, he handed one to the owner that he'd collided into and squeezed Emery's into her hand. She immediately investigated the screen. No cracks. Thank God.

She smiled, but it didn't last long as the dragging continued, "Dammit, Logan." She mumbled.

"Back to saying my name, I see." Logan joked easily, yanking her around a corner.

"Much to your amusement." She whispered under her breath, and then took notice of her surroundings. "Why did you pull me into this small space?" She inquired curiously. She liked it, but just the thought of all the endless possibilities that could happen in such a small space wreaked havoc on her stomach.

Logan took a deep breath, and Emery was mentally celebrating, thanking the Lord she decided to take that jacket off, it was just too hot. "I didn't really mean what I said- you know, last night."

Emery blanked, "What did you say last night?" Oh, she knew exactly what he said.

"You mean you don't remember?" Logan asked and Emery shook her head slowly. "Oh that's good then." His husky laughter filled the small space, as he began to try and exit, but Emery grabbed his arm, "What?" He asked, and Emery had to take a calming deep breath to squelch the tingling feeling in the pit of her stomach.

She was finally touching him, and damn if his skin wasn't soft as hell. "What did you say?"

"Never mind." He whined, attempting to walk away, but that only made Emery's grip firmer as she yanked him back into the small nook. Logan looked down at Emery and her fierce amber eyes and he huffed, "You don't remember when I asked your brother why you didn't act like a chick?"

Emery's gaze lowered. 'That's right, play the sad card', she told herself. Of course she remembered, but it wasn't something that was on the forefront of her mind at the moment. How could she forget the guy she'd been practically in love with for six years, didn't think twice about her because she didn't do 'girly things'.

Logan's hand cupped her chin and lifted her gaze back up to his. "Look, kid,"

'KID?They were the same age. Was saying Emery so hard?' Emery's head screamed, as she listened to what he had to say.

"Everything Julia had said last night was," He paused and licked his lips, "Extremely dumb, and I don't know what's wrong with her, but we weren't having 'eye sex'. When she said that, the look your brother gave me. I needed to get out of the huge hole Julia put me in! So I just changed the subject to a recent kind of thing. You know?"

Emery scowled, the biggest insult was the fact that in all of the six years she'd known him, he still never said 'Emery'. "Okay?" She deadpanned. "Are you done?"

"No, I'm pissed." He said honestly, his light brown eyes boring down into Emery's. His jaw clenched and he licked his lips.

"Why?" Emery asked, uncomfortably crossing her arms in front of her chest. Logan had never been mad at her, and if he had, he'd never spoken to her about it.

"Well first you kicked my girl out. Second, you said that you wouldn't ever be interested in me." He admitted, "Do you know how extremely low that blow was to a guy like me. Ya know, I've got so many chicks fallin' after me, and the one that I'm around the most doesn't even think I'm attractive."

Emery rolled her eyes, "Don't even. You don't need 'Darrell's little sisters' opinion on shit."

Logan frowned, "Well, you're like a little sister to me."

'Oh my God. Why? Can I have permission to just die?'

"Really? I feel so honored. Why would you want your sister's opinion on your attractiveness?" She asked rather loudly, she was angry. He called her kid, and then said she was like a sister. "Did you think that maybe I wasn't attracted to you was because your whore-ish ways are gross?" She asked.

"What even? All guys sleep around, some guys' way more than me. I'm not a whore." Logan said defensively and then frowned, "Is that what you really think?" His feelings sounded hurt, but Emery's were too.

"That's what I know." Emery said, "Anyway, I need to go watch my brother on stage. So, you can go back to your orgy. Deuces brah." She hoped to end the conversation with that, but Logan grabbed her arm. For the second time that night he'd taken her arm in a rough manner that still managed to send shivers running up and down her spine.

"If you leave bruises." She glared up at him, "I will tell Darrell, and he will kick your ass."

Logan's grip didn't loosen. "I'll just have to tell Darrell that you came to his concert in search of your future pimp."

Emery gasped, "First you wondered why I didn't act more feminine, and now your claiming I look like a prostitute." She attempted to step back but only landed against the wall.

"I asked why you didn't dress or act like a girl. Not, 'why doesn't your sister dress like some sort of hooker'. You should've seen the way that all of the guys back there were practically drooling over you. I didn't mean for what I said to make you start dressing like this."

"You thought I listened to you? You're opinion matters little to me." She held up her fingers in a pinched fashion, and scowled at him.

"I didn't think Darrell's little sister was a liar. Don't pretend you didn't get all ass hurt when I reminded you of what I said earlier." Little did he know, she was playing him with that downtrodden behavior. "And don't try to point all the fingers at me either, I tried to explain why I said what I said, and you acted like you could care less."

"Maybe, I didn't want to hear your explanation. Maybe, I wanted to go the rest of my life thinking, 'Oh, Logan thinks of me as his little tomboy sister who he doesn't even call by her name'. Ha, no thanks dude."

"What? You begged me to tell you! Does that upset you?" He asked, "That I consider you a sister?"

Emery put her finger on her chin, "Let's think. I already have one older brother, who puts me through hell with all of his rules and stipulations. I don't need another one, but thanks for feeling like you could step into that position."

"My bad that I'm an only child. Wow that was fucking low."

Emery scowled. "Perhaps."

Logan didn't respond his eyes just bore into Emery's. His contemplative gaze made her stomach turn over, and she shifted her weight uneasily. Now was the moment she wished she hadn't worn the heels, they didn't even work. He wasn't sitting in the VIP room lusting after her, but instead he dragged her to some off corner of the venue to ruin her dreams. She fumed, and looked away from him completely. She hadn't noticed how good he smelled, and now the spicy, masculine scent of him was making her heart flutter. Had he always been so tall? Of course, six foot four. Emery pressed herself against the wall and realized exactly how small the space was. If she wanted, she could place her hands on his chest and tip-toe up to kiss him, but she now knew exactly how he felt, and now the whole plan of seduction was going to take a little bit more time.

A fucking little sister. She shook her head and a small laugh escaped her lips.

"What are you thinking about?" Logan asked softly, and Emery looked up in time, to see Logan lick his lips as his eyes bored down on her.

Oh goodness, well now her thoughts were in a total R-Rated area, she cleared her throat, "I'm thinking about the fact that this is the first time we ever argued in six years." She said and laughed at how truthful her lie was.

Logan laughed too, that husky laugh that sent chills coursing through her body. "Is that right?" He asked. Emery nodded, not trusting herself to speak- she was known to stutter in certain situations. "You smell really good." He said gently.

Emery's heart fluttered, she was glad that she chose Citrus Pomegranate from Bath and Body Works for the night. "Thanks." She said, meekly, and after an awkward second of keeping her gaze down she added, "You too." Logan mumbled his thanks, and Emery's heart raced. "These shoes are freaking killer." She mumbled, shifting her weight again. "This is why I prefer sneakers. I've only been wearing these things for about an hour, tops."

Logan laughed, "I much prefer when you wear sneakers. Look how tall you are." He pat the top of her head like she were a puppy. 'Little sister move.'

Emery sighed, "I was just trying something new." She admitted. He didn't need to know the whole truth. "I'm playing the numbers game with Chelsea." She chanced a glance up at him, and saw the surprised look on his face.

"Oh really. How many numbers have you gotten so far?" He asked another lick of his lips.

'Please don't lick your lips before I do something so far out of character.'

"I just got here, and then you drug me into this small space." She paused, "Was there another reason that you brought me back here?" She asked suggestively.

Logan laughed a little; Emery noted how nervous the chuckle sounded. "What? I'd never, in my life, put the moves my best friends little sister." Logan answered, looking at the wall above Emery's head.

She glowered, so he was for real. "Yeah right." She reached up shoved him lightly, and then riskily added, "You know you want this." She said jokily, shimmying a little for effect.

Logan licked his lips, 'what kind of ungodly habit?'

"I don't know, is it worth my friendship with Darrell?" Logan asked, the look he gave her was a coy one. His eyes were slightly hooded and dough like, as his tongue rested on his canine tooth.

'Score.'

"I don't know is it?" Emery asked smirking. Her cheeks flushed, she couldn't believe she just asked that question.

Logan didn't respond, instead he just looked at her- contemplated her. Emery took that as her cue. Patting his muscular chest she slipped out from the nook and walked back towards the direction of the VIP section to gather her friends so they could go watch her brother. The whole walk back, she heard his footsteps behind her, and his eyes glued on her.

"Oh my God." She whispered to herself, "He took the bait. Score."

Ooooooooo00oooooooooO

The phone was sleek. Top of the line. Newest generation. Thin, touch screen, virtually weightless. It only possessed a few signs of wear; the small scratch on the upper right hand corner of the screen and the chip in the black paint on the bottom left corner, other than that, it truly was a decent looking phone.

It was truly unfortunate that the phone had one little tiny problem, that couldn't be easily fixed….

The phone as nice as it was- didn't belong to Emery Johnson.

Emery turned the phone over in her hand for what seemed like millionth time, but she still couldn't understand how on Earth she'd managed to come into possession of the small piece of technology. Emery hadn't let her own phone out of her sight, but there she sat on her bedroom floor holding some strangers phone while her phone was somewhere- sitting in the same predicament.

She huffed.

'3 Reasons Why I, Emery Alisha Johnson, Should Go Through This Phone:

-There might be a picture of whoever's phone this is, so I'll be able to narrow down who might possibly have mine.

--It's in my possession now. I have the right to see what's on this phone.

---Whoever has my phone has probably already gone through it.

3 Reasons Why I, Emery Alisha Johnson, Should Not Go Through This Phone:

-It's not any of my business to see what's on this phone.

--I wouldn't want someone going through my phone.

---It's morally wrong. Period.'

Emery bit her lip indecisively, but after a second of staring down at the screen she finally decided on going though the phone.

There was no harm in taking a peek.

Her finger hovered over the power button for a long while, before she finally pressed the button, lighting up the screen. She was greeted with the same image she'd seen when she first realized the phone wasn't hers- a picture of a basketball logo. So she'd already narrowed down her investigation- the original owner was male- or a tomboy like her, but even her screensaver was kind of girly- a single red tulip with dew drops on it- beautiful- and she missed seeing it.

Emery attempted to slide the phone unlocked like instructed, but the pad of her thumb was sweaty from nerves, so she had to apply more pressure on her second try. The screen came to life, and she bit her lip. She had the same exact phone, but looking at this one was like staring at a foreign language.

She pursed her lips and looked for the photos button, spotting it, she pressed it. "256 pictures." She sighed, "Dear goodness. Conceited." She sang. In contrast her phone only had a simple amount of pictures. None of her or anything personal, so whoever had her phone wouldn't even be able to see her.

"Score." She mumbled gleefully.

She pressed the button that'd open up the gallery and waited patiently for it to load.

"Wow."

So the sender was definitely a male. Or was a psychopath saving pictures of male chest and abs and- unmentionables. She giggled. Whoever's phone this was had a nice body though. Scrolling, she continued looking through the pictures, a lot of sports pictures. Typical. A lot of pictures of scantily clad females. Typical. A lot of pictures with no faces. And oddly an insane amount of nature shots. Whoever the phone belonged to was obviously a sexter though.

"Cool." She stood up and exited her room. She needed to eat something so she could digest the fact that she had someone else's phone in the palm of her hands, while her phone was out there- somewhere. She pouted as she entered the kitchen.

"How could I have not noticed at the concert?" She asked herself out loud while shaking her head in depression.

Ten minutes later, she sat with a bowl of lasagna while thumbing through the apps on the foreign phone.

The owner had a nice taste in apps; it wouldn't be hard to pass the phone off as her own… She couldn't tell anyone she'd lost her phone, she'd be labeled even more phone irresponsible. It wouldn't have been the first phone she lost. She closed her eyes; she had tried so hard to protect her phone, and here she was with some other sad person's phone.

The phone vibrated on the table next to her and she jumped. The message appeared on the first screen, short simple, and sweet.

-Don't go through the pictures.-

The text read and Emery's stomach churned. She had the option of pretending she never saw the text or responding. She bit her lip in concentration, before tapping on the message. Her fingers flew over the keyboard quickly typing before she changed her mind.

-I already did…. Nice.-

She hit send, and then gnawed on her thumb. "Oh goodness gracious." She mumbled.

The next text came back in a flash:

-You think?-

She nodded, the rolled her eyes, before replying:

-I'm not a liar.-

Oh dear, this was turning into a full-blown conversation. She frowned when she realized she was waiting anxiously for his reply.

-Oh really? Then what are you?-

Emery rolled her eyes.

-What do you want me to be?-

She bit her thumb nail nervously.

-I'm James, or Jimmy.-

Emery's heart rate sped up; she shouldn't tell him her first name. It wasn't smart, she bit her lip.

-Alisha.-

She pressed send.

-Nice meeting you, Alisha. How are we going to get our phones back? If my dad finds out that I lost my birthday present, count on our correspondence ending.-

Emery chuckled at his joke, and how smart he sounded. Smiling she responded to him.

-I have absolutely no idea, dude.-

Emery sat back in her chair, her Italian food began returning to its cold form. She hadn't ever been a big texter, but she realized that she was about to become addicted to texting.

"Looks like I did get a number tonight." She said smirking.

And for the night, 'Make It Nasty' sat on her nightstand upstairs untouched.






Chapter End Notes:

A/N- I told you it was long… So, shit just got real.

What are you thinking about Emery's correspondence with this mysterious person over the phone?

Although I didn't get into too much about Justin, who wants to see him incorporated into Emery's world?

Logan, Logan, Logan! I seriously love this guy.

-Until Next Time!







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.