Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hi, I feel so bad right now. This is the longest wait for an update so far on this particular story and it makes me sad, but at least I have a reason. School... Online school. It sucks, and it wouldn't suck so bad if I could take my time, but my family is considering moving out of state so that means I have to hurry and finish this class up so that I can take the final.... Because the final is at some building in the middle of the city... Ugh! So anyways. This is the next chapter, I hope to have the next chapter up soon, but as always, school is my top priority, and 'Make It Nasty' has to take the backseat.... Unfortunately. I made this chapter extra long to make up for the gap in updates, and I hope you enjoy it! :)




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Make It Nasty

©AwardedEmmy

2012

 

‘You know what they say, men like boobs. A little cleavage never hurt anyone, unless you go overboard. Do not under any circumstances smoosh, smash, and completely overexpose yourself. Just a little hint should be fine… Give it a try.’

 

Chapter 6

 

“Guess who’s being risky? Emery is being risky.” Emery sang offbeat to her cat that sat perched on her desk watching her shove books and binders into her shoulder bag. “Guess who’s not wearing a bra today? Emery’s not wearing a bra today!” She continued. “Wanna know why? Because the damn strap broke off the pretty black push up, that’s why.” She growled, now frustrated.

If Emery had woken up even two minutes earlier, she might’ve been able to change her outfit. But because she’d woken up late, and was rushing, changing outfits was out of the question. Besides an array of colorful sports bras, Emery only owned one other bra, a simple black push-up bra from Target and after much wear and tear, the poor strap snapped when Emery was putting it on after her shower. So she decided to throw caution to the wind and go to school braless, which could work in favor of ‘Make It Nasty’, but it was so far out of her comfort zone. “But, it will be okay because mama’s got enough guts and- what’s that- oh, confidence to pull this off. I’ll just need to go to Target after school.”

“Well you’re gonna need to find another ride; I’m going straight to the studio after school. What happened?”

“My bra strap broke, all of my sports bras are dirty, and even if they weren't they're all bright, and would show through this shirt and I came to this discovery too late. So, basically brother, I’m braless.” Emery said, slinging her bag onto her shoulder and turning around to look at her twin brother.

He looked down and then back up, “That sucks.” He said, “But you look nice. I can’t even tell.” Emery was sure that Darrell was lying- he was a certified people pleaser, telling everyone what he thought they wanted to hear.

“Really? Good.” Emery said, looking down at the two-sizes too large, emerald green tank top that she’d loosely tucked into a pair of white cut-off shorts, and fastened with a slim black belt. The tank top made it totally noticeable that she wasn’t wearing a bra, but for the sake of making it nasty, she was going to brave through the day.

A silver peace sign necklace, which barely past her breast area, hung around her neck and a group of black and silver bracelets adorned her wrists. She switched out her red high-tops for a pair of black ones, and her hair was neatly done in a bun at the crown of her head. “Look, I’m actually wearing earrings.” She pointed out to Darrell, using her now ‘in-service’ left hand to tug at the silver medallion-like earrings that hung from her ears.

“I noticed, they bring out your face a little bit more.” Darrell commented smiling at his sister.

Emery returned his smile with one that expressed her gratitude and then turned back to the desk to pick up Jimmy’s phone. As she started walking towards Darrell to follow him in the direction of the stairs, he said, “You have got to stop talking to yourself.”

Emery gasped, “I wasn’t talking to myself. I was talking to Comet.” She told him defensively.

“You mean the cat that can't respond?” Darrell asked laughing a little, “Alright.”

“You’re jealous that I can hold conversations without a verbally responsive audience.” Emery joked walking alongside her brother in the hallway.

“Nah.”

“Ahh.” Emery replied, ‘dropping the ‘n’.

“So Logan tells me you’re trying out for cheer.” Darrell said, as they made their way down the dark wooden stairs. “I thought you said, you’d never do that again.”

“Is there anything that he doesn’t tell you?” Emery asked, biting her lip wondering how long he’d eavesdropped. Darrell shrugged, and Emery rolled her eyes. “I only told Chels and Tren that I would try out so they’d drop the subject. I’m going to do sports medicine instead.”

“Sports medicine?” Darrell asked, opening the garage door and waiting for Emery to walk in front of him before he continued, “Why?”

Emery gulped and thought of a lie. “Um, I uh, want to- try new things. You know? Maybe doing that after school will broaden my horizons, and someday I’ll be a physical therapist.” Emery said, and then smiled at how amazing the excuse was.

“That sounds like a good promising career.” Darrell said, “Or you know, a good way to touch professional athletes.” He suggested, opening the door to his Mustang.

“Darrell, shut up. Sports medicine is just introductory; I could decide to work with people who weren’t even involved with sports at the time of their accident. Stupid.”

“I’m just trying to get a feel.”

“A feel on what?”

“On what’s going on with my sister.” Darrell said, cheesing. “Like why do you have to do sports medicine? Why were you cornered into cheer? Something specific?”

Emery rolled her eyes, “I already told ya man. Nothing is going on.” She paused. “But if something begins to ‘go on’. I’ll let a brotha know.”

"Promise?"

"Pinky." She said, extending her left pinky finger to grasp onto Darrell's. She smiled genuinely at her brother before getting into his Mustang as he walked around to the driver’s side to get in himself.

The car ride to school was quiet, but Emery didn’t mind. She spent most of the ten minute drive waiting on a text from Jimmy. She knew she could’ve texted him first, but she didn’t know what to say. The whole situation with him freaked her out to no end; she never had problems starting conversations. She decided the difficulty with her inability to text first was simply because he was a stranger… A stranger who seemed to really like talking to her- therefore he could send the first text.

She didn’t get a text, which she thought was weird. The amount of time that they’d spent talking made her believe that he’d jump at the opportunity to text her first thing in the morning, but she’d have to settle with the fact that she made to many assumptions, and he probably just wanted to confirm genders and wait until summer- when they could return each other’s phones. And besides, she didn't mind only texting him sparingly, it meant she could focus more of her time on Logan.

Emery didn’t know why she chose summer for the time they could swap phones. It wasn’t like she had any sports or clubs that she did after school; nothing kept her busy- so why couldn’t she have just set up a close date to swap the phones back. She rolled her eyes, if Jimmy had a problem with her saying summer, then he could’ve said something. Besides, summer was a decent time to handle that business because there were no obligations, such as school of course, but also, being grounded or something which could happen at any inopportune moment.

Upon arrival at Freemont High School, Emery thanked her brother for the ride and walked casually onto campus. She didn’t want to rush her walking pace and make her breast predicament obvious, but she didn’t want to walk so slow that she seemed to be cautious. So she paced herself.

The pacing didn’t at all make her feel less naked though. She hoped her imagination was playing tricks with her and that she wasn’t garnering the attention of several males on campus, but it was reality. She gritted her teeth. She didn’t want their attention. She wanted his attention. She’d much rather be in the comfort of a push-up bra, bending over a table- for just Logan. She was fuming and a tell-tale way of knowing that was the tips of her ears were burning, and so were her cheeks because she was slightly embarrassed, but she had to stay positive.

Masking her face with her ‘too cool to care’ façade, Emery bit the inside of her lip as she walked through the gates of Freemont and into the lush courtyard. All she needed- no, wanted to do was find her friends that symbolized a safety zone. She spotted them, sitting down at one of the benches, gazing at themselves in compact mirrors and correcting any errors on their faces. She rolled her eyes.

“Guys.” She said, sitting down on the bench next to him, but not before checking to make sure she wasn’t about to sit on anything that'd ruin her white shorts.

“Hey.” They replied, at the same time, not bothering to look away from the mirrors to giggle at their responses like they usually did.

“I need a ride to Target after school.” She said seriously, almost urgently. There was no way she was going to put up with the ‘bra-less’ style one more day.

“For what?” Chelsea asked, sort of loudly, “Girl, you know I don’t mess around in Target.”

Emery rolled her eyes; she’d forgotten that Chelsea was one of those rich girls who didn’t shop at ‘middle class’ stores. Whatever the hell that meant. “Right, I forgot.” She said, gritting her teeth and looking at Trenise. “Tren, can you please take me?”

“No can do bunny boo.” Trenise said, shrugging, and capping up her compact, “I’ve got an interview after school. I’m trying to be an intern at that fashion magazine, remember?”

Emery nodded, “Yeah, I do. I forgot it was today. Good luck.” She said with a tight smile, and then face palmed herself.

“And, what’s wrong with Darrell taking you to Target?” Trenise asked, looking at Emery, “Oh, girl you look cute today.”

“Thanks,” Emery said, smiling a little, removing her hand from her face, and then returning to the original conversation, “He’s going to the studio straight after school. So I’m out of luck,” Emery paused, “I don’t even have a ride home.” She groaned.

“Um- why don’t you ask Logan to run you around?” Trenise asked, looking at Emery like she was crazy.

Emery’s jaw dropped, “I need to go to Target for a new bra, the strap totally snapped on my only bra this morning,” She paused, “And being without a bra is the most uncomfortable feeling ever.”

Chelsea’s compact snapped closed loudly, “Oh my God. You’re not wearing a bra? You go girl!”

Emery shuddered, “I don’t like this feeling. Anyways, I hadn’t thought to ask Logan for anything, and I definitely can’t ask him to take me to get a bra.”

“You can and you will.” Tren said. “Because, you’ll need a ride home- might as well kill two birds with one stone, spending some quality time with your man, and getting a new bra. If you don’t ask him, you’ll regret it when you’re walking home without a bra.”

Emery’s jaw dropped, they were right. Chelsea cleared her throat, “May I ask where your rich parents heads were when they bought Darrell a car and not you?”

“I didn’t really want one, the only places I go are school and home, anywhere else and I get a ride with you guys. I didn’t really need a car.” Emery said, “My mistake.”

Trenise laughed, “So, ask Logan. He’ll gladly give you a ride.”

“Oh my God, it’ll be perfect. You and Logan together, shopping for lingerie. It’s so perfect for your plan.” Chelsea said grinning.

Emery pouted as the bell rang, and the three of them stood up, “Okay.” She said. “But, isn’t that a little weird?” She asked, gripping the strap of her shoulder bag a little nervously.

Trenise shook her head and laughed, “Emery Alisha Johnson, you have so much to learn.” She said as she began walking towards her first period.

Emery turned to Chelsea who smirked, “First of all, if you want a bra that will actually last, you won’t go to Target, but Victoria’s Secret. Yeah? Alright, now, you have second and third hour with him. Ask him to take you to the mall during second hour, and then also ask him to walk with you to third hour. Then report back to me and tell me how many times he trips over his own feet because he’s too busy looking down your shirt, yeah? But, Victoria’s Secret, Emery, not Target.”

Emery’s eyes widened as she nodded uncertainly, “Yeah. Victoria’s Secret it is.” She said and then smiled briefly at her friend before making her way towards her first hour.

First hour really put the short attention span theory in teenagers to the test. Emery couldn’t pay attention to save her life. While her English teacher, Mrs. McForester was droning on about ‘Grapes of Wrath’, Emery’s thoughts were on everything else. She came to the conclusion that she would only ask Logan for a ride, and once they arrived at the mall she would walk away from him. She figured it would be extremely tacky to ask Logan to accompany her in the buying of a bra, so she’d make sure to make it an in-and-out trip.

When the bell ran signaling the end of first hour, Emery closed her copy of ‘Grapes of Wrath’ and slid it into her bag. She made her way out of the English classroom, and to the science building, the whole time formulating the appropriate way to ask Logan to give her a ride.

When she got to Mr. Daze’s anatomy lab she found that she was one of the first students to arrive. She surveyed the classroom until her eyes found Logan, at a lab table in the back of the classroom. She took a deep breath, and began walking towards him.

“Logan!” She called, biting her lip as she swerved through lab tables.

He looked up from his phone and nodded in acknowledgment. Emery noticed the shift in his eyes as he looked her up and down, and she bit her lip harder- most likely drawing blood. She quickened her pace, eager to get to the lab table so that he didn’t have to watch her walk anymore. When she finally reached the table she immediately went in front of him. Not bothering to pull out a chair, because he wasn’t sitting either, Emery leaned across the table, shielding her chest area, but at the same time, causing her shirt to dip and expose a hint of cleavage. There was never any justice, was there?

She smiled genuinely at him, and waited for him to look away from her clasped hands on the solid black lab table, and meet her gaze. When he finally looked into her eyes, he smiled, and leaned across the table himself, to the point where his clasped hands almost touched hers. “Yeah?” He asked, cocking an eyebrow and licking his bottom lip.

Emery sucked her teeth, almost forgetting what she needed to say because her eyes were trained on his full pink lips. “Um. Logan. Yes. Right,” She looked up and huffed, “I was wondering if you would mind taking me to the mall after school.” She asked, raising her eyebrows in anticipation of his answer.

“Depends.” He said, licking his lips and looking down at their hands, “How long do you plan on staying there? And for what?”

“It will only take about ten minutes, and it’s none of your business.” Emery said, and then watched as he looked at her crossly. His topaz eyes burning into her own eyes. She sighed, “It’s an in and then out kind of trip.”

Logan exhaled loudly and then nodded, “I suppose that I can consent to that.” He said smirking.

“Oh my God, thank you so much.” Emery gushed, grinning idiotically.      

Logan laughed, “Yeah no problem.”

“Oh, and I was wondering if you wanted to walk to third period with me…?” Emery trailed off, as her grin transformed into a sweet smile.

Logan bit his lip and looked down at their hands, “Woman, there’s like two weeks left of school. We’ve never walked to third period together, and all of the sudden you want to start?” He chuckled lightly, and Emery’s cheeks heated as she watched the corners of his eyes crinkle. She’d never understand how the littlest things that he did could make her blush insanely. He looked up, and shot her a coy look, while he licked his bottom lip, “I guess. I wouldn’t mind.” He said shrugging, and smiling.

Emery inwardly cheered. “Alright, cuz, I just didn’t want to walk alone today. I’m feeling,” She paused and searched for the right word, “Social.” She said, and then smiled genuinely.

“Is that right?” Logan asked, nodding and staring at Emery’s face.

She nodded, “Yep.”

“If you’re not in your seat you’re getting marked absent. Ahem, Emery.” Mr. Daze stated loudly from the front of the classroom.

Emery’s eyes bulged as she smiled one last time at Logan before crossing the classroom to sit down at her assigned lab table. She pulled her binder out of her bag, and opened it up to the science section. It was only a few seconds later that she felt the hairs on the back of her neck rise, and her cheeks heatslightly. Her attention was being called away from her notebooks and towards the back of the classroom. Turning her head slowly, her gaze immediately clashed with Logan’s. She blushed and bit her bottom lip, offering him a shy smile which he returned with a wink. Emery heart skipped a beat or two as she turned back around in her seat and rested her chin in the palm of her hand and sighed dreamily.

 oooooooo0000oooooooo

Emery repeatedly gripped and released the strap of her book bag as she languidly walked next to Logan on their way to math.  Occasionally she would steal glances at Logan out of the corner of her eye and see him casually walking alongside her with one hand stuffed into the pockets of his beige cargo shorts and the other holding the strap of his backpack.

Emery cleared her throat; they just exited the science building and had yet to say anything. The only interaction they had shared was a quick smile. “So, are you ready for summer?” She asked with genuine interest, although she already knew the answer. It was the same as every other student in the country.

He nodded, “Kind of.” Was his response, “I’m going to miss a lot of people, but I’m ready for senior year? You?”

“Um, same.” Emery replied. “Summer is going to be boring as hell.” She added.

“What? How? We’ve got Darrell’s concerts and shit, because you know he’s going to be doing some traveling. I’m fuckin’ excited, dude.”

Emery laughed lightly, her cheeks burning at his use of the word ‘we’. “I guess you’re right, that’s something to look forward to.” She paused, “I don’t think Comet will like all of the travel though.”

“Comet? Your cat?” He asked skeptically.

Emery rolled her eyes, “Yes, Comet, my cat.”

“You’re bringing him?”

“No, I’m just going to leave the poor thing home alone all summer, cuz you know, my parents will be home and care enough to feed it.” She said sarcastically, glaring at Logan from the side, before smiling, “Of course I’m going to bring my baby.” She said laughing a little.

Logan chuckled, “What if someone on the bus was allergic? Would you still bring him?”

“Oh well, I still would.”

“Really?” He asked.

Emery bit her lip and shook her head, “No, I guess not. I’d just leave him at Tren’s house.”

Logan nodded, “Well, let’s hope no one is allergic, I’d hate for you to have to leave your ‘baby’.” He teased with air quotes.

Emery giggled and then stopped- stopped giggling and walking. That needed to end. She didn’t like giggles. Logan stopped and looked back at Emery. She smiled slightly, and continued to walk, noticing the way his eyes darted to her chest. Logan’s eyes vaguely widened and his lips parted slightly. Emery’s teeth sunk into her bottom lip, as she watched Logan study her bosom. The minute bell rang and Emery’s eyes grew wide, “Logan, we gotta get to class,” She said, walking ahead of him quickly. She heard his footsteps behind her, but she didn’t slow down her pace, she didn’t know what she’d do if he looked at her chest again.

“Calm ya tits, girl. I’m late to this class every day. Ms. Frazier really doesn’t give a fuck.”

Emery drew in a sharp breath at his comment, but decided not to think about it. Obviously his head was in another place. “I know you’re always late, but I’m not. You can be late by yourself.” She replied.

Logan laughed, and reached forward to grab Emery’s arm and pull her back to his side. He grinned, “Let’s be late.” He said. “You gotta break some rules sometime.”

Emery rolled her eyes, and relaxed in his hold, “I do break rules sometimes.” She stated smiling at the concrete beneath her converse.

“Yeah right. Tell me one rule that you’ve broken.”  He taunted.

Emery licked her lips and thought for a second. “My mom’s number one rule for me is not to swear, but I curse erry’ damn day.” She said.

Logan laughed, “Oh my God. I meant a real rule.” He said.

“That is a real rule. If my mom heard me curse, my ass would be toast. I’m afraid to think what would happen to me if she ever heard me swear.”

“Are you for real?” Logan asked skeptically.

“You know how my mom is with me.” Emery said, biting her lip.

The bell rang, and Logan smirked before replying to Emery. “Yeah, I’ve seen how she pressures you into all that crazy shit that you don’t seem to like.” Logan admitted.

“She’s one of those parents who lives vicariously through her children, except she couldn’t give two fucks about what Darrell does. It’s all about me. I hate her.” Emery said miserably.

Logan stopped walking and tugged on Emery’s arm, which he hadn’t let go of. He stroked her skin with his thumb, as he stepped in front of her and looked genuinely into her eyes. “Babe.” He started, a small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth as his eyes bore into hers, “Don’t say that. Because you’re actually lucky. You have a mother who might be kinda over the top with her wants for you, but it shows that she loves you, and she wants what she thinks is best for you. There are other people in this world who don’t have mothers, or have moms who don’t even care.” He stated, smiling sadly. “I mean, my mom is never even home, she barely ever calls- right? And I still love that woman. Because she had me, and I’m fuckin’ amazing.” Logan said laughing a little to lighten the tone of the conversation.

Emery nodded, “I didn’t mean it.” She said biting her bottom lip, “I just-,” She cut herself off, cursing Logan for making her feel so guilty.

“I know, everyone says shit that they don’t mean.” He licked his lips, “But I’m serious, your mom is crazy as hell, but she loves ya.”

Emery exhaled and nodded, “Wow, Logan way to make me late to class and make me feel like shit.”

“I wasn’t intentionally trying to make you feel bad.” He said, “Sorry.” He apologized, using his free hand to rub the back of his neck.

Emery smiled, “I know, I was kidding. Can we get to class now, though?” She asked raising an eyebrow.

“Uh, yeah, sure.” He replied stepping out of Emery’s path to allow Emery a chance to walk forward. His hold on her arm didn’t fall, as he walked along side of her, and of course, Emery didn’t mind. The fact that he called her ‘babe’ didn’t slip her mind either, but because she knew the conversation was of a serious nature, she ignored the butterflies that fluttered in her stomach, but thinking about the crisp way he said ‘babe’ caused the butterflies to return at full force.

Emery clutched the strap of her bag nervously, and decided to walk towards him a little. When she bumped into him, she smirked at the ground and said, “Sorry, I’ve never been able to walk in a straight line.” She attempted to distance herself from him, but he pulled her into him, and released his grip on her arm to throw his own arm around her shoulder.

“It’s quite alright.” He said, slipping into his British accent. His shoulders shook with laughter.

Emery smiled, and subtly pressed herself even closer to him, and a satisfied smile touched her lips as Logan squeezed her shoulder. They entered the math building and soon found themselves in front of Ms. Frazier’s classroom. Emery sighed and looked up at Logan, “If I get in trouble, your ass is mine.” She stated.

Logan cupped Emery’s chin with his free hand and turned her face to look up at him, “Is it weird that I want you to get in trouble?” He asked. A smirk graced his face as his topaz eyes held Emery’s gaze.

Emery’s face heated up instantly as she watched him bite his lip and raise an eyebrow. She searched his eyes looking to see if he was actually flirting with her. Confirming her inner question Emery smirked herself, “I don’t know. Is it?” She asked in the same haughty tone that she’d used backstage at Darrell’s concert. She smirked, and then shrugged out of his hold, before opening the door to her math class and entering.

She was pleased to find that the class was actively chattering about topics that weren’t related to math. Her eyes found Ms. Frazier, who looked at Emery sternly before finding something to make her gaze harden behind Emery. Ms. Frazier placed her hands on her thick hips and huffed, over the chatter of the class she asked, “Logan, are you being a bad influence on Emery?”

Emery’s nose crinkled as she turned her head to look up at Logan, who stood next to her. Logan’s hand landed on the center of his chest and he cocked his head to the side, “Of course not. I just stayed behind with her last hour because her foot fell asleep, and she was being a big baby. She didn’t want to walk and being a gentleman, I thought I’d save her the embarrassment of having to come into class all alone.”

Emery’s eyebrows rose as she stared at Logan. “You’re stupid.” She muttered, smiling innocently at Ms. Frazier and then heading towards the back of the classroom where her seat was. Logan followed behind Emery and sat in the empty seat next to her.

Grinning he said, “Nah baby girl, I had to be pretty damn smart to trick her.”

“Logan, past math, the lady is daft.” Emery told him, absentmindedly searching though her bag so he couldn’t see how elated she was with his new choice of nicknames for her.

“Really now?”

She nodded, “Yep. Now go to your seat.” She said pulling her binder out of her bag and ignoring the fact that Logan only pulled his black Jansport off of the one shoulder he always carried it on and placed it on top of the desk.

“I like it back here.” He said, and then smiled. He reached out and poked Emery a few times, “Wanna take a nap with me?”

Emery turned and glared at him, “Boy, you already made me late.” She accused, and then when she noticed the innocent pout on his face, she added sweetly, “Maybe another day.”

Logan grinned and nodded, “I’ll hold you to that.” He said, and then slammed his face down on the backpack that was nearly empty. Emery winced at the sound that his head made colliding with the desk, and then rolled her eyes at his thoughtlessness. Logan groaned miserably, and brought his arms up to cradle the backpack and his head. Very faintly, she heard him whine, “Oww.”

Emery laughed a little and pulled out a pen, clicking it a few times, she got into a comfortable writing position, and then proceeded to copy down the daily warm-up.

oooooooo0000oooooooo

 

It was pizza day at Freemont High, and it was probably the best lunch that could ever be served. Too bad Emery’s landed on the floor, when Justin Todesey, not so subtly, bumped into her. Emery took a calming deep breath as she stared at the grease oozing out of her pizza on the floor. She could faintly hear Justin apologizing profusely in front of her, but she didn’t care for his apologies. He’d walked straight into her, from the front. His eyes were trained on her hard, and he didn’t even stop.

“Could you be anymore dumb?” Emery asked, her nostrils flaring. She wouldn’t have been so upset if the line for pizza wasn’t long, and she spent forty-five minutes out of an hour standing in line waiting, but since that was the case, she heard her stomach growl and her eye twitched. “Do you have any idea, how long I had to wait for this pizza?” She asked, her eyes not straying from the pizza.

“I know, I know, the line is long as hell, but, you know. It’s just pizza. How about you let me buy you another one.” Justin offered. He didn’t even sound sincere.

Emery looked up into the dazzling blue eyes of the one and only Justin Todesey and she shook her head. “No thanks, dude. By the time we’d get to the front of the line, the bell would ring, and lunch would be over. But thanks for offering.” She said glumly, attempting to walk past him.

Justin caught her arm in a similar fashion that Logan had exhibited earlier, yet it didn’t feel good. Emery’s eyes widened as Justin moved her around until she was standing directly in front of him. He sighed and smiled, “Look. I feel absolutely terrible about making you drop you pizza.” He said, running his fingers through his blonde locks. “And I get what you’re saying about the line taking too long, so let me take you out on Friday.” He offered.

Emery began to understand, “No thanks.” She said, “Now please let go of my arm so I can go to the spirit store and get some chips or something.” She asked politely, but Justin didn’t release her.

“I’ll buy you a bag of chips.” He pleaded.

Emery frowned, “Dude, no.”

“Why not?” He asked curiously.

Emery sighed and decided to nip this off in the bud. “Look, I see what’s going on, and I really appreciate you trying, but I can’t go on a date with you, because I like somebody else.” She stated.

Justin released Emery’s arm and nodded, “Logan, huh?”

Emery scowled at the five foot nine baseball player that stood in front of her. “What? No? Why would you think him?” She asked, but then rolled her eyes feigning disgust and then attempted to step around him.

Justin stepped in front of her and touched the back of his neck. “Wait. Let’s, uh, let’s be friends.” Justin offered coolly, his voice almost sounded like he was begging.

Emery’s eyes widened and she nodded with uncertainty, “Um. Okay.” She said to him, attempting to decode him. Wondering why he would want to befriend her after she totally rejected him.

His blue-green eyes lit up slightly and he nodded, “Alright.”

Emery smiled a little and then stepped over the pizza and then around Justin before speed walking back to her table. When she sat down she sighed heavily. Her friends looked at her with curious gazes and she just shook her head and rolled her eyes, before looking towards her brothers table. Her eyes spotted Darrell first and he was looking curiously at Emery. Emery shrugged her shoulders and waved him off, before meeting the gaze of Logan.

Even though some chick sat in the chair next to him, talking her head off in hopes that he was listening, his gaze was trained on Emery. The look he gave her when their gazes locked was one of confusion, but it didn’t take him long to turn the curious look into one of complete flirtation and wink at her. She clapped her hands over her cheeks, and smiled briefly at him before turning her attention back to her friends.

 oooooooo0000oooooooo

 

Logan’s shiny black Jeep Wrangler breezed down the freeway. The warm wind from the rolled down window assaulted Emery’s dark wayfarer glasses covered face. Through the radio came the voice of Wale rapping about stereotyped girls from 90210, the catchy hip hop tune had Emery tapping her thigh lightly. Out of the corner of her eye she caught a glimpse of Logan, nodding his head in time with the beat. One strong hand gripped the steering wheel and the other hand rested on the arm rest in between their seats.

He had gone without a hat or beanie on his head, and Emery could faintly see his messy hair blowing around restlessly.  Emery's amber eyes trailed from the diamond stud in his ear to the pair of black wayfarers that matched with his faded loose black tank-top, down to the beige cargo shorts, the black crew socks with white letters spelling out 'Vans' toward the top, and she even made out the black shoes he wore from the same company that manufactured his socks.

Emery faced forward and a small smile touched her lips. Her crush on Logan would probably seem incredibly stupid to an outsider, but she couldn't help the way she felt... The crush would probably never go away. He wasn't ever the nicest to her, barely calling her by her name and pretending to not care about her feelings around her brother, but past what some would call 'mistreatment', he was still a sweetheart to her. From the first time Emery met Logan at her eleventh birthday party, Emery was certain that he would always be good to her. It was the small things he did, the little conversations. The times they had when Darrell wasn't around... Emery's eyes widened at the obvious realization. It was all Darrell's fault. He probably made Logan nervous. She had heard of instances before, where the love interest was afraid of the prominent male figure in the woman's life. She shook her head at the new problem that was beginning to dominate her thoughts, and then Logan interrupted her mind.

"Whatcha thinkin' about?" He asked casually.

Emery turned her face in his direction and shrugged, "Nothing really."

"Ah, alright." He said.

Emery nodded, "What are you thinking about?" She returned.

Her eyes lit up when she saw the smirk on Logan's face form, "You." He said bluntly causing Emery's face to burn.

"What about me?" She asked, biting her lip and watching him shake his head.

"Two things." He said, "One, what do you need from the mall so desperately. After school you were like going crazy trying to get me into the car." He said, and then laughed, "Two, why were you talking to Justin Todesey at lunch?"

Emery faced forward, "To answer your first question, you my friend, were already told my reasons were pretty much top secret... I swear its in and out. And for the second question, you obviously didn't see that creep walk into me, and force my pizza to the ground."

"What?! I only saw him grab onto you. Want me to beat him up? I was going to when he touched you, but I was like, naw Logan, sit tight, Emery can handle herself."

Emery laughed at the way he said his thoughts, "No, that won't be necessary, but thanks. Are your thoughts always in a British accent?"

"Ha, okay, you're welcome, and naw, I just wanted to make you laugh." He said, turning his head to grin hard at her, before returning his focus back onto the road. "Well, what did he say?"

"He wanted to buy me another piece of pizza or take me out sometime, but don't worry. I declined."

"Yeah, don't fuck with him. He's a player." Logan accused, shouting the word player.

"But aren't you a player too?" Emery asked innocently.

Logan laughed and shook his head, "What?! No. A dude can only be a player if the girl is willing to be played."

"So basically, you take no responsibility for all of the hearts that have been broken at Freemont by you?"

Logan nodded, "Yeah, basically. Especially when, I'm not even trying to play the game." He said honestly.

Emery frowned, "Wait, what?"

"Do you think that I myself am capable of going after a new girl every other week? Nah, that shit is tiring. The girls that I've slept with or whatever are the ones that came after me."

"Oh." Emery said, her cheeks flushing. She knew Logan wasn't saintly, but conversing about the fact was not an easy task for her. Emery bowed her head; she was nothing better than those girls who chased after him. On her journey to getting him, she was losing sight of her morals, stooping to the level of just another girl who wanted Logan's attention. But was she different? Because she wanted him, to want her, and pursue her on a different level? Because she wanted him to notice her? No, she really wasn't that different.

"Man, I shouldn't be talking to you about this." Logan said, exiting the freeway on the exit to the mall. "It's kind of embarrassing, but people always seem to think that the guy is the predator when in all actuality sometimes the dude is legitimately the prey."

Emery nodded slowly, "Yo, that makes a whole lot of sense. So basically you're being hunted?"

"Technically I am. These chicks around here see me, and they see like money and a set future, but really I'm planning on going to community college, getting a quick degree and settling down somewhere." 

"Really?" Emery asked, genuinely awed by Logan.

He nodded, "Yep."

"What about football or basketball. You look like you could have a promising future if you'd stick to one of those."

"I could." He answered, pulling into a parking spot and stopping the car. "But not everything is guaranteed. Am I really that good to the point where I could see myself going pro? There are guys out there who are probably fifty times better than me."

Emery's jaw dropped as something big dawned on her; she reached across the car and rested her hand on Logan’s shoulder, "You are doubting yourself, Logan. Please don't be insecure. It's just not who you are. I've been watching you play football since we were eleven and you and Darrell were on the flag team. And I remember when we were thirteen and you started playing basketball and you didn't make any shots because you were so short. You've come along way. You're so good at both sports, that I've actually prayed that you'd get your dream and play professionally- either one. Don't lose hope. You can't make it if you give up." Emery said, while staring at the sunglasses that shielded his beautiful eyes.

Logan didn’t respond immediately. Instead he licked his lower lip and moved his free hand over Emery’s, and pulled it off of his shoulder.  "Wow." He finally said, lightly stroking the back of Emery’s hand. "You definitely just cheered me up big time. I can’t believe we both got all inspirational on each other and shit today. You just totally made my day. Thanks,” He said, and then sighed heavily, “So much." He finished.

Emery smiled, "You're welcome."

The car was silent for a few minutes until Logan shut off the engine and turned back to Emery, "Now come on beautiful, let's go get you whatever is so top secret." 

Emery's heart fluttered as she nodded anxiously and got out of the car and then without a single thought about it, she took off in a sprint, weaving through cars, attempting to get away from Logan to save herself from the embarrassment of bra shopping with him.

She made it into the mall, every long stride, making his voice calling her name in confusion even vaguer. She found Victoria’s Secret and scampered into the shop quickly- hiding behind a mannequin until she felt the coast was clear enough for her to shop without him walking by the store and seeing her.

But the moment she started to survey the shop for the most simple of bras- was the moment that she realized the trip wasn’t going to take ten minutes, but probably more. Huffing in exasperation she studied the store curiously. Her interest in bras was always zilch. She never cared about whether the bra was demi-cup or underwire. The only bra she liked was push-up, but not because it enhanced her breasts or anhthing, she loved push-up simply because it protected her, lifted her, and was always comfortable- either those or sports bras.

Emery’s shoulders slouched; she never cared if her bra was pretty or not. A brassier in Emery’s mind was never an accessory, but always a necessity. Never a fashion-statement, always an undergarment. Emery bit her lip as she passed by a lacy black and white bra. She pursued her lips, wishing that she had tried to get Chelsea to take her; this job wasn’t done alone easily- at least not for Emery. She was so- unaware… Naïve, when it came to things such as her current predicament, partly because she sprinted away from her mother’s attempts at shopping for anything. She now regrets putting off her mother’s requests for shopping for bras. Instead, Emery just bought a bra that fit and threw it out when it was time.

Licking her bottom lip, her eyes roamed over ever single bra display. Every cup, every strap, every clasp caught her eye as she slowly milled about the shop.

The clearing of a throat behind her caught her off guard and Emery turned around, and her eyebrows rose. A plump blonde with bright pink lips smiled blindingly at Emery.

Emery’s eyebrows rose as she waited for the associate to speak, when the woman didn’t say anything, Emery turned back to the display in front of her and eyed the plain red bra that lay on a counter.

“You look like you could use a little bit a’ help.” The associate finally said, stepping closer to Emery, and standing next to her, in front of a display of push-ups.

Emery didn’t bother looking at the shop keeper as her eyes scanned the counter for a simple black push up. When she found it, she reached for it, but the associate said, “Sweetie, bras are a reflection of who you are.” Emery’s eyes widened as she finally looked at the sapphire-eyed associate. “If you wear a black push up… You’re flat out plain.” Emery’s jaw dropped. Who was this woman offering advice that she didn’t want?

“Um-,” Emery started, but was cut off by the associates continuance of her speech.

“You wear a strikingly red push-up, you’re powerful… But, a lacy red demi cup, and you’re sexy and fierce.” She said, raising her eyebrow and smirking.

Emery’s right eye twitched, “Like this one?” And her gut contracted. Turning her head, her eyes met Logan, who stood in front of a counter holding up a lacy red bra, in both hands. One of his eyebrows was quirked as he studied the undergarment. Emery couldn't take her eyes off his hands and how rough and masculine they looked holding the delicate piece of clothing.

“Exactly like that.” The associate said, flicking her dark brown hair over her shoulder. Walking over to Logan she reached for the bra, and took it from his grasp. “The minute you put this on. Whew, baby, you’ll feel… You’ll feel…”

“Like a brand new person?” Logan offered, crossing his arms over his chest. Emery noticed around his wrist was a bag from Game Stop. A guilty feeling washed over Emery as she realized that he had time to actually buy a game- which meant that she took longer than she expected. She grimaced as he leaned against the solid display counter.

“Exactly. It’s hard to explain, but all I’m saying is that a bra is an extension of yourself… And honey, a black push-up bra….” She trailed off and Emery’s eyebrows furrowed.

“Um, but, I-,” She paused and took a deep breath. “I’m not trying to be someone else; I am trying to get a simple bra that will last a while so I don’t have to go through the embarrassment of not wearing a bra because my strap broke.” Emery said.

“Sweetie, a snapped strap means absolutely nothing. You could’ve still rocked the bra. I think it was God’s way of getting you to reach for new heights within yourself.” The associate said nodding, looking to Logan who nodded slightly in agreement, although a confused frown marred his face. 

Emery pursed her lips and turned away from the both of them. Her annoyance with the associate’s unwanted advice covered the awkwardness she felt due to Logan’s sudden presence. Reaching onto the display counter, she snatched up the black bra. Looking back into the curious topaz eyes of Logan that were trained on her, she exhaled loudly and with a small smile said, “I’m going to buy this and then I’ll be done.”

Logan scoffed, “Are you telling me that you didn’t listen to a word that Sarah just said?” He asked, and Emery’s right eye twitched. Sarah?

“I’m not interested in mood-changing bras.” Emery growled, at the moment, overly annoyed.

“She never said that.” Logan countered.

“Alright fine, I’m not interested in using a bra to give me confidence.” Emery rephrased, rolling her eyes at Logan who hadn’t moved an inch. His arms were still crossed over his chest, and Emery took the opportunity to admire his muscular arms, and sturdy shoulders. Her mouth watered at the sight, but she unwillingly pulled her eyes away and pursed her lips.

“I think you should try changing it up.” He stated easily.

Emery’s eyebrows furrowed, “How would you know that a different bra would be a change?” She asked.

He shrugged, the motion attracting Emery’s eyes once again to his broad, freckled shoulders. “The way you’re acting right now says it all. You’re like so intense. Relax.”

“I-uh, I- ugh, Logan.” She groaned rolling her eyes.

“I’m not saying you have to.”

“I know that.” She responded looking at the hardwood floor of Victoria’s Secret.

“Anyways, I’d be more than willingly to give you advice on bras.” Sarah said, cutting her way back into the conversation.

Emery cut her eyes at Sarah. “This is stupid.” She said, but then crossed her arms and looked towards the ceiling and weighed her options. Continuing to look at the bras would be a way to spend some time with Logan… But, at the same time, how tacky was it that she’d be spending time with him bra shopping?? Incredibly tacky. He’d know every bra she decided to buy, he would of course put in his own thoughts on everything, and he would of course say things that’d make butterflies wreak havoc in her stomach. Those three things alone caused her cheeks to burn with embarrassment. Emery’s eyes came down from the ceiling and immediately found the sparkling orbs of Logan’s. They glittered, in anticipation, as they studied the contents of the store. Emery caught the small movements of his jaw as he gnawed the corner of his bottom lip. Sighing, for the sake of ‘Make It Nasty’s’ section on finding a way to spend time with her man, Emery said, “Fine,” and then immediately turned back to the display counter.

Logan’s eyes came down from the ceiling and his eyebrows shot up in surprise. He hadn’t expected her to accept the challenge, but he was glad she did. She could be… Stubborn at times. He knew that because Darrell always complained about her reluctance to do anything out of her comfort zone. Logan also knew that she was allergic to the word ‘no’, she would never say it no matter what, but he was still pleased with her answer. He smirked and turned to Sarah, unfolding his arms, he clasped his hands. Grinning he mouthed a ‘thank you’, and when Sarah responded with a happy nod, Logan turned back and returned to a stance of supportive nonchalance just in time to see Emery turn around.

“Well?” She asked raising her eyebrow and giving Sarah a pointed look.

“Uh, right.” Sarah said, tipping her head to the side and then walking up to Emery. “So, in a bra what you’re looking for is something that is going to make you happy.”

“You mean like the black one in my hand?” Emery asked saucily.

Logan grinned, and walked to the other side of Emery. Throwing his arm around her shoulders he said, “Don’t stop there, baby girl, there are probably a lot of things that can make you happy.” He told her, she rolled her eyes, scoffed, and then shrugged out of his hold.

Sarah smiled sweetly, “As I was saying, when you look for a bra, you want one that is going to make you feel on top of the world. That’s why Victoria’s Secret is such a great place.”

Logan nodded, and repeatedly said, “Yeah, uh-huh, uh-huh.” Just to annoy Emery. And annoy her he did. She glared at him. Her pretty brown eyes shooting daggers at him, before she turned her attention back to Sarah.

“Is there anything you’re looking for specifically?” Sarah asked sweetly and Logan winced- that was the wrong question to ask.

“Um. Just this.” Emery bit, twirling the black brassiere around her pointer finger. Logan smirked and whisked the object away from her, then chuckled as she turned and glared at him.

“Um,” He said imitating her, “Just forget about this for a sec.”

Emery sighed heavily, “Fine.” She said, “Sarah, can you please just help me find a bra that makes me feel good so I can go home…” She said, trailing off, she looked away from Logan and back to Sarah, “And cry.” She added.

Logan’s eyes rolled, she wasn’t the type to cry. “I personally think, Emery would look lovely in the red that we just had.” Logan suggested, snickering at the way her body visibly tensed. Turning to look around him, he snatched up a black and white lacy bra and dangled it in front of her face, “Or this. This would look amazing on you.” 

She bit her lip and only looked at the bra for a second before looking towards the hardwood floor beneath their feet. He suppressed a laugh as he turned around and walked a few paces away from her. He was definitely enjoying his time out with her. At first he was a little cautious to her intentions for the mall trip. It wasn’t like he was going to deny her a ride; he would never do that- mostly because he could never even think to do that, but the shady way she asked for a ride all out of the blue in second period, and then wouldn’t tell him the reason for her request tripped him out. She’d never really asked much of him, so of course he was elated when she asked for a ride. A ride meant spending some quality time with her- without Darrell’s face constantly popping up and ruining any chance Logan had at trying to get closer to Emery. He smiled ruefully and shook his head, then ran a few fingers through the chestnut hair that he liked with a little length to stand up on his head, but never reached a length below his ears. The sides were shorter than the top, and it was just perfect that way.  Ruffling his hair again, he turned to walk back towards Emery.

Smirking slightly as he noticed Emery’s nonchalant stance, he heard Sarah still rambling on about how essential bras are to a womans mood, and he just rolled his eyes. Sticking his tongue out and touching it to the skin above his top lip, he walked up behind Emery, and coolly wrapped his arms around her waist. He pressed his body into hers and smirked at the way she tensed up and shivered in his arms. Yes, he realized he was completely forward… But, he was almost positive that she didn’t mind. Closing his mouth he looked at the bun on top of her head, and then without thinking, he began inserting his face into her bun, repeatedly.

“Logan, what the hell are you doing?” Emery asked, laughing nervously and attempting to pull away from him.

He could tell she was a little uncomfortable, but he just smirked, “I’m getting bored.” Logan lied, loosening his grasp around her stomach, and reaching up to fluff the bun. “Are you going to be trying anything on?”He asked curiously, stopping his assault on her bun, and returning his hand back to his other hand that still rested around her waist. He maneuvered her to the side, until they were at a point where he was able to look into her eyes and waggled his eyebrows while biting his bottom lip.

The heated expression on her face made him smirk as she shook her head and stuttered a reply, “Wh-what? No- no. No.” She said looking away from him, and back to Sarah.

Logan let out a heavy sigh before bending his knees slightly and lowering his head to rest his chin on her shoulder.

“I think I know exactly the bra that you need sweetie.” Sarah said smiling widely. “You need some sunshine. Be right back.” She began walking backwards and then turning to hurry off onto the other side of the store, and Logan didn’t remove his head off of Emery’s shoulder.

“Sunshine?” Emery asked incredulously.

“Yes. She probably realized that you were acting grumpy, and she’s going to send you out of here with a sunshine bra.” Logan said, smiling.

“I’m not grumpy,” Emery retorted, turning her head to the side and looking at the side of his face.

Logan smiled, “You’re acting like you don’t want to be here.” He said.

“I don’t.” She replied without hesitation.

Logan turned his head slightly, and leveled his gaze onto her dark amber eyes. His eyebrows furrowed and he pouted. Feigning sadness he asked, “You don’t? But I thought you wanted to hang out with me.”

Emery rolled her eyes and smiled cheekily. Logan’s eyes fell to the dimples on either side of her mouth and he smiled slightly. “I never said that. I only asked for a ride. No one asked you to follow me.” She said impertinently.

Logan rolled his eyes, “Whatever girl, you know exactly why you asked me to take you shopping. I bet,” He paused and smirked. Quirking an eyebrow and moving his head closer to her, he leveled his mouth with her ear and whispered, “I bet, that this is all an act. You are really pleased with my presence.”He pulled away and looked at her before nodding suggestively, then moving his mouth back to her ear, he continued, “I bet you want me to see what bra you’re going to buy.” Moving away quickly he stood to his full height and threw an arm around her shoulder, “So, I’ll ask again, are you going to try on anything today?”

Emery laughed and turned up to him, motioning for him to bend his head back to her level, she grinned and once she was able to whisper in his ear she replied, “No.” Pushing him away, and walking a few paces in front of him. Emery crossed her arms over her chest and sighed heavily.

Logan pouted, “But aw, Emery, why not?” He whined.

Emery peeked at him over her shoulder and said. “Because, I don’t have time for a fashion show, Logan. I need to get home and feed my cat.” She stated, “I thought Justin was awkward and creepy, but no. Logan, you’re weird. Leave me alone.” She said, turning to look in front of her again.

Logan’s jaw dropped and he chuckled slowly, shoving his hands into the front pocket of his cargo shorts he slowly walked up behind her. Returning his mouth to her ear he whispered, “I’m not weird. You’re just nervous.”             

Emery turned her head and scoffed, “Right. Because I’m going to be nervous around a guy I’ve known for six fucking years.” She rolled her eyes, “Give me a break.”

Logan smiled, he didn’t miss the flustered expression on her face. His smile turned into a smirk and he said, “A guy can dream.” He shrugged.

Emery nodded, “He can.” She said, and then smirking on her own she continued, “And he’ll have to.”

Logan pouted and sighed heavily, “Well fuck me.” He said rolling his eyes, walking away from him, he went to lean on the wall a few steps away from her. Lifting his leg, he placed his foot on the wall and crossed his arms over his chest. “Emery.” He droned, when he caught her eyes, his bottom lip slipped and he whined, “I’m bored.” It was a lie. He was having a blast.

“That’s your fault.” She said pointedly.

He attempted to suppress the giddy smile that always appeared on his lips when she talked, but it was hard when he was so enraptured in the subtle movement of her right eyebrow and the appearance of a dimple high on her cheek. “How?” He asked, licking his bottom lip, before sinking his teeth into it to make a physical suppressant to any smile.

“Because, I already had my eye on what I wanted, and then you got, Sam involved.” She said shaking her head in annoyance.

“Sarah.” He fixed for her, “Well, my fault. I didn’t know you’d be so upset.” He said, shrugging his shoulders and looking towards the exit of the shop. He heard Emery’s sigh and he bit the inside of his bottom lip.

“I’m not upset.” She said.

“Could’ve fooled me.” Logan said, feigning nonchalance. Every conversation that he shared with her was electric, and it was always difficult to act like he wasn’t enjoying every second of their conversation.

“I found the bra.” Sarah said, as she approached Logan and Emery, finding them in total different attitude caused her bright smile to falter slightly, but she grinned even harder. “Here.” She said, handing Emery a bright orange bra with yellow lace lining the cup. “This is the bra that will make you happy.”

“I am happy.” Emery stressed.

Logan looked over at Emery and rolled his eyes. The agitated expression that marred her face said otherwise. He smirked and laughed a little. “So, anyways. Not only will the bra alter your attitude, but the panties. Dear goodness, If you wear a lingerie set... It’s like your body is in heaven all the time. You own the room.” Sarah gushed, “And, you’ll be prepared for a hot quickie,” Sarah finished, visibly winking at Emery behind a hand that only half shielded her face, and then she had the audacity to jab at Logan twice.  Logan choked on his spit as he shared a heated look with Emery- well heated meaning she looked completely embarrassed and he was conjuring up a passionate scene in his head. “So I brought the underwear too.” Sarah said, holding up the matching pair of orange and yellow lace underwear.

Emery snatched the underwear from Sarah’s hands. “Fine, I’ll take the bra, the underwear, the red lace set, the black and white lacy set, the blain black set. I’ll buy the whole fucking store. I need to get out of here.” She screeched, clearly past the point of embarrassment.

Sarah smirked, and began picking up the sets of lingerie that Emery mentioned. Mentally cheering at another successful sale. “Would you like to look at our swimsuits? It’s summer, right?”

“Sure, just pick one for me since you’re so great at that, and just meet me at the register.” Emery growled handing the orange bra back to Sarah and stalking off in the direction of the register. Sarah tucked the sets into a bag that was practically glued to her arm for situations such as the one she just encountered, and then turned to Logan.

“Would you like to help me pick out the perfect swimsuit for your girlfriend?” Sarah asked curiously.

“She’s not my girlfriend.” Logan wanted to say, but instead he grinned, pushed himself off the wall and nodded, “Of course I do.”

“Great!” Sarah said and began to walk across the store.

Logan followed behind the sales associate, rubbing his palms together slowly as he plotted out exactly what he wanted to see Emery in over the summer.

oooooooo0000oooooooo

 

Emery clutched the largest Victoria’s Secret bag into her stomach as she sat in Logan’s Wrangler. She was pissed. Beyond pissed.

Logan had done the worst thing possible and added more sets of lingerie to the tab, and more than one bikini, and then he paid. She rolled her eyes as she stared at the street lights as they sped down the freeway. Too stunned at the size of the bag on the counter, Emery couldn’t speak, and then he slid his card, and Emery fumed. She didn’t even touch the bag until he placed it on her lap in the car. She tried to tell herself that she knew that the trip wouldn’t have been quick, and that he would’ve ended up coming in, but she was still angry that he thwarted every single chance she had of getting the hell out of the store.

She pressed her lips together and sunk into her seat. He now knew that she wore a 36C. He now knew all of what was in her underwear drawer. The embarrassment that Emery was feeling was immeasurable.

“I finally got the new Max Payne game.” He said casually from the driver’s seat. Emery rolled her eyes. He didn’t even seem bothered by the fact that he just basically invaded her privacy.

“Cool.” She responded quietly.

“Emery? Are you mad at me?”

She nodded, “Yes. You messed up the plan. I just wanted one thing, and I wanted to pay for it. And I’m fucking embarrassed.” She admitted against her better judgment.

“You knew what you were getting yourself into by asking me to give you a ride.” He stated. “If you really wanted to keep me out of your business, you would’ve hurried up.”

Emery rolled her eyes, she knew he was right. “Whatever, Logan.” She said, and then rolled her eyes at herself. She was beginning to sound like a girl. “I’m cool. Thanks for the stuff.”

He nodded slowly, “You don’t have to be embarrassed. It was just bra shopping.” He offered.

“I don’t go bra shopping with my mom. Mainly because she’d annoy the hell out of me, but also because it’s not something I feel comfortable doing with other people.”

“I understand.” He said.

“Yeah, it was an emergency, I couldn’t get a ride with anyone else, and I feel bad about acting like a little bitch, and I'm sorry, but you are like the last person who I’d want to shop with.”

“Well you did.” He said, laughing a little, “And how was it. It wasn’t that bad was it?”

Emery shrugged, “It wasn’t too bad.” She said, “Thank you for taking me, even though it was a little tacky.”

“You’re welcome. I actually had fun, and I’m not going to tease you or anything. In fact, you’re bra size is like perfect, nothing to be embarrassed about.” Logan offered and then snickered; Emery rolled her eyes and sunk further into her seat. “Nah, but seriously, somewhere deep down, I know you had fun too.”

“Deep down.” Emery responded.

Logan grinned and exited the freeway on the exit for her neighborhood. “I told you, I knew it.”

“That you did.” Emery said, laughing at Logan, and then looking down at her nails. She wouldn’t admit it, but she did have fun, past her annoyance and embarrassment, she was glad that Logan was there. “Sarah’s sales pitch was dumb as fuck.”

“Are you really going to say that? She sold to you, didn’t she? I could tell that she looks for the customer’s weakness and then pounces like a fucking tiger.” He licked his lips as Emery stared at him unconvinced, “You wanna know what your weakness was?” He asked, Emery quirked an eyebrow, and Logan leaned over, in his seat. He was on her street finally, and it was empty so he allowed himself to get close to her ear before whispering, “Logan Isley.” He pulled away and then gazed in her dark amber eyes, which seemed darker in the night time. Her jaw had literally dropped, and he nodded at her.

The car swerved under his tightened grip, “Pay attention to the road, dipshit.” Emery muttered, turning to look out of her window to hide how truthful his words were.

Logan chuckled slowly as he came to a stop in front of Emery’s modern mansion, pulling onto the curb, because he saw Darrell’s car and figured he’d stay, he cut the engine, and opened his door. Emery hadn’t moved from her seat- too busy gathering her items and he took the opportunity to show her that he really was a gentleman and ran around the car to open the door for her. She stared at him with her big eyes full of surprise and a smirk came onto her face.

“Well, look at Logan, opening the car door for his best friends little sister.” She said grinning, and stepping out of the car, clutching the strap of her shoulder bag on in one hand, and gripping tightly onto the Victoria’s Secret shopping bag handle with the other.

“I'm just proving I'm a gentleman, since my lie to our math teacher wasn't a good enough example.” Logan joked tipping his head, and looking into her eyes coyly.

Emery pursed her lips as she stared to walk up the driveway towards her front door while fishing for her house key in her shoulder bag.

“But I was serious. I was your weakness in the store. Because, she saw that you were all embarrassed to have me in there and what not, and that you were totally frustrated, so she built up everything and then boom, started talking about a quickie with me, and you popped like a balloon. Which by the way, if you want a quickie, all you gotta do is ask, especially now that I know what will be goin’ on underneath the clothes. Right? So, there. Her sales pitch was perfect, because you bought like three sets- well I did. So you would’ve bought three sets, if I hadn’t decided you needed more. It’s alright you’ll like what I bought, since you were too busy seeing red, you’ll dump the bag out and be surprised. Yeah so.”

Emery’s shoulders drooped as she watched Logan ramble, he was just so perfect, and she couldn’t even fathom how in the world she could ever not like him. The thought of ending her crush on him had drifted past her mind too many times to count, but as with many things, that was easier said than done. Inserting her key into the lock on the door, she turned it, and then grinned at Logan. “Logan, you’re a sweetie. Thanks again for taking me, as I said, it was an emergency.” She said, deciding to skip over the ‘quickie’ comment, needing more time to mull over it while dancing excitedly around her room.

“Anytime, suga.” Logan said, grinning and leaning against the front door casually, winking at Emery and biting his bottom lip suggestively.

Emery opened her mouth about to say something about how sweet he was again, but the front door was whipped open, causing Logan to fall into the foyer. Emery gasped in shock and stared at the person who opened the door. Her mood went south immediately, she almost felt the joy drain from her entire body.

Eden Johnson stood in the foyer with a hand on the door looking back and forth from Emery to Logan. Her other hand was placed firmly on her small hip. Her dark brown hair was in its natural curl framing her pretty face. Her light brown eyes finally penetrated into her daughters solely and she opened her mouth. “Emery Johnson, you know you are supposed to be in at a modest time. Eight o’ clock is unacceptable.” She spoke in her pinched yetdictatorial voice.

Emery rolled her eyes, “I had things to do. You came home on the day that I wasn’t in before four.”

“That’s still unacceptable, what could be so important that you’d disobey my orders?”

“What? You’re never even home to enforce that, yet I still follow it. Give me a pass on today. It was an emergenc-,” She stopped talking abruptly as she saw her mother’s gaze fall to the Victoria’s Secret bag in her hand.

“Victoria’s Secret?” Eden asked in disbelief. “With Logan? Emery Johnson, you know that is so tacky. You never take a man shopping for lingerie. I try so hard Emery. So hard, and you disregard everything I say.”

Emery looked at Logan, who stared directly into her eyes with understanding. He nodded his head, and smiled with sympathy, “Mrs. Johnson, I’m gonna excuse myself to Darrell’s uh, quarters.” Logan said, and Emery rolled her eyes, at his joking nature.

She nodded and stepped back to allow Logan further access into the house, and for Emery to enter. Logan began walking towards the stairs, but stopped and turned back to Emery, when she looked at him, he pointed at Eden and then made a heart with his hands above his head. Emery suppressed a grin and gave him a small nod. He grinned in response before hurrying up the stairs.

Emery turned back to her mother, who looked at her accusingly, “Dear Lord, Emery. Where is your bra?”

 

 

 

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.