Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Howdy everyone I hope you like the next chapter of Project Zero. Today is my birthday and I thought what better way to celebrate then to update. Hopefully Falling Stars chapter twelve will be posted by the end of the day. Please review and tell me what you think. Have a good day everyone.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Karena climbed out of the lake, sitting down next to Sora.  "What happened to me," she asked.  Her eyes never left the ground as she tried to process all the things that took place.  

 

"As I told you.  You are now a part of project zero.  You're not very bright, are ya?" he asked in a teasing manner.  Karena turned to glare at the beast man.

 

"I don't know what that means, ya damn dog," she mumbled.  

 

"Who are you calling a dog. For your information I am a fox-sama," he replied smugly.

 

"how did you..." she trailed off, halting the rest of her questions, as Sora rolled his eyes at her.  He then pointed to the large furry ears.  

 

"These are real ya know," he said with pride.  Karena snorted and then paused,

 

"Do mine work as well?" she asked, realizing too late that it was a stupid question. Normally she couldn’t hear very well, but now she could hear all the little sounds that she would normally miss.  Her ears flicked forward as she looked across the lake at what she thought was a fish splashing around in the lake, the fish surfacing up only to dive back under.  She turned to look at the beast man that sat beside her.  Sora was giving her a puzzled look, his expression intensifying the embarrassment she felt.  She quickly turned from him, and looked down to the ground, her fingers picking at the blades of grass.  Karena felt a hand placed on top her head, ears flattening as Sora petted her lightly.  

 

"Don't worry about it. Everything will be okay." he whispered softly.  Though his voice was light and soft Karena heard him, the soft baritone voice as clear as day.  So overwhelmed with emotion she didn't respond, but instead let silent tears roll down into her lap.

 

Sora was content for the first time in a long time.  The woman who sat beside him was pretty he would admit, but they all were.  He looked down to study her, noting the tears that fell from her face.  Not as skinny as those who came before her, but her figure made her cute in a cherubic kind of way.  She was small he thought her height barely reaching up to his chest on his six foot frame.  She had a rather average chest, her breasts were small but perky.  The nipples darker than the rest of her golden brown skin, reminding him of blackberries as they hardened slightly from her swim in the lake.  Her waist was small and narrow with round hips. Shiny midnight hair fell in curly waves to her waist, large black and white tipped furry ears drooped in sorrow, as her black and white tipped bushy fox tail curled around her. He remembered when he saw it, he was astonished.  Her tail looked soft to the touch, and wasn't completely the same as his.  The tail being longer and fluffier than his own, nearly touching the ground.  The woman who cried silent tears scent filled his nose, causing his body to react in a protective manner.  He hadn’t felt that in such a long time, a need to protect and comfort.  He couldn’t help but notice how the scent reminded him of rain and flowers.  The comforting scent taking him back into a time when he was truly happy.  She reminded him of his dear Olivia. Maybe she could, he shook his head stopping his train of thought before he could divulge into those thoughts any further.  Those type of thoughts where dangerous and only succeeded in breaking his heart.  She would die like all the rest and he would be alone again soon.  Sora looked down at the crying woman, the tears tugging at his heart in a way he tried to ignore.  Wrapping his arms around her in a comforting hug, he thought maybe just for a while he could at least pretend.

 

Thane watched the monitor of the enclosure that housed the subjects for project zero. His eyes narrowing in irritation at the sight of Sora and Karena sitting close together.  Though he was the one who had picked the woman to be their subject, it was still hard to watch a woman he found fascinating being thrust into the arms of another man.  Especially when it was a man he despised.  He closed his eyes pinching the bridge of his nose.  Counting to ten helped alleviate some of the anger he felt.  This experiment was more than just creating a new species.  From what they observed the human body is built to survive and adapt.  In truth it is the humans wide range of genetic material that have the ability to repair, adapt, and grow. If Doctor Jazion is right and the human genetic code could be altered and made to fit their needs, then all the turmoil would be worth it. It is for that reason alone that they have been conducting these twisted experiments.  Playing god as some humans would call it, but If all turned out well then his people wouldn’t have to worry about the diseases that were slowly killing off their planet.  The project couldn't be compromised he knew, but still he couldn't help the distaste the situation left in his mouth.  Instead of letting his emotions get the better of him, he picked up his tape recorder and pressed play he began to speak.


“Thane Teja:
Day One of test subject 5B.
Time 8:49 A.M.

This is the first recording of my observations of the subjects for project zero.  Subject B is actually the fifth female in our project who has survived the mutation injection.  This Subject 5B is our last hope for a successful result.  Subject B seems to be in a state of distress, in which is causing Subject A to respond gently in comforting caresses.  Earlier Subject B was displaying aggressive tendencies, but I think it may be due to her new instincts more so than her actual aggressive nature. If all goes well, than the mutation should be complete if she survives her first heat.  From our calculations subject B should be approaching her first heat in a month to two months.  The results may not end with Subjects A and B conceiving this time around, but if she survives then by the end of the year we should get the results that we need.  Subject A mating season will be approaching in approximately seven months.  We will have to tread lightly when the time comes, since subject A's season drives his instincts for submission into his only thought, causing him to lash out violently."



Thane paused, his hand hitting stop on the recorder.  He didn't want to think about what had happened to the last one.  Anne had survived her first heat and was thriving within her new body, but when it came time for Sora's season and her heat to intercept she receded into herself.  Thane remembered how she cried and shook her head in disbelief when they told her of their plan to create a new species.  Anne had screamed that she didn't want to get pregnant and instead pleaded with them to separate her from Sora at the time.  When Thane had questioned her for her reason, she stated simply I do not love Sora nor does he love for me.  At the short period of time he is merely driven by his instincts.  I won't do it.  Thane regretted not heeding her words for the next day when Sora's desire to mate took effect, she fought him until she couldn't fight anymore causing Sora in a fit of rage to let his fangs sink into her throat killing her.  It was too late before the scientist had gotten there, Anne was already dead.  From that day on, Thane hated Sora.  The beast had killed someone he loved dearly and now after a year he was healing and it was all thanks to Karena.  He remembered how beautiful she looked working at the coffee shop he had stopped by while looking for a new subject.  He grew curious about her, as she went about her life, slowly starting to love her from afar.  The professor cursed himself for giving into his whim of taking a photo of her and carelessly leaving it around for the doctor to see.  Thane thought his heart had stopped as the doctor picked up the photo and said the words that shattered his newly built world, "bring me this one."  As hard as he tried to deter her decision she would not budge, and so Thane was forced to bring his silver lining into a storm.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.