Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Alexia has planted herself on the large, comfortable sofa in the living room where she’s been spending the past few days reading, wilfing and watching TV while nursing a cold.

Never one to be defeated – not even by illness - Lexie refused to take time off work and swore everyone around her she’d be just fine.

Jacob kept an eye on her but the moment Lexie started to pronounce the word ‘fine’ as ‘find’, he decided enough was enough and made her stay home.

It’s Saturday and Jake has been granted access to her nest on the couch and together they’re watching a movie.

Or rather, Lexie is watching a movie and Jake is watching her.

She’s been sniffing and he’s not entirely convinced it’s spurred on by her cold.

Lexie’s feet, clad in fluffy red socks, are swung over Jake’s knees and he gently massages them with one hand while his other is lying around her shoulder and cradles her body to his side.

She sniffs again and he pulls her tighter against him.

“Why are you doing this to yourself,” he mutters.

“And to me,” he silently adds.

Lexie is watching a movie which makes her cry.

Something about a character who lost someone but then found them again only to reveal some strange family secret which set them once again apart.
Or something.

Jake hates the kind, they're far too dramatic but most importantly they make his fiancée upset.

Lexie sniffles, you don't have to watch with me, you don't understand it anyway.

“I don’t need to,” Jake says, this makes you upset and you're wasting your time.”


He feels Alexia tensing up against him and she pushes herself away from him.

He immediately knows he has said too much but frankly, he doesn't care.

“What does that supposed to mean,” she asks him and he stubbornly stares at the TV.


“Nothing”, he replies and shrugs.

But the damage has been done and Lexie switches off the TV, vacates her nest and walks away from him.

“Where are you going,” he calls after her and the answer comes in the form of the bedroom door slamming.

Jake sighs and decides to leave her alone for now.

She has one of her lightning mood swings and it is best not to intervene.
Plus, he knows that the movie doesn't help her current state.

His little one is dramatic by nature and Hallmark movies only magnify that characteristic.

Instead he walks to the door and tells her he will go for a drive.

She still doesn't answer and he sends her a text to inform her again where he's going.

Her reply comes shortly after.

“Whatever.”

An hour later, Jacob returns; the bath balls and scented oils for Lexie he’s left in the bathroom.

In his absence, she returned to the couch and he wraps his large frame around her before planting a kiss on her head.

“I’m sorry, Jake says - you're not wasting your time if that's what you feel like doing but I just don't like to see you upset.”

“And you're horny”, she says wisely.

“And, I'm horny”. He confirms.

Lexie smiles and returns his hug.

“I’m sorry too”.

Jacob moves to get up and give her back her space but instead she pulls him back.

“Stay with me please?”

“Always, forever and until the end of any movie Baby,
even if it’s a Hallmark one,” he replies and watches how the young couple on screen are reunited.











Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.