Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

Excuse Errors & Enjoy! :D




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Tommy Yasuda was having a major problem.

She was trying to focus on the arguments Kai Ishida was presenting for an upcoming meeting but her pent-up libido was clearly messing with her head. Tommy watched Kai pacing back and forth from her seat behind a large glass made desk, her mind flashing one x-rated scene after the other.

Tommy sighed inwardly. She was sure her vibrator had taken the edge off but all of Mr V's efforts were shot to hell the moment Kai walked into her office and filled the room with his cologne. She tried thinking beyond the tingling in her sex but no matter how hard she clamped her legs together, it wouldn't go away and things didn't get any better when Kai rolled up his sleeves, revealing his strong arms etched with pulsing veins. Tommy itched to trail a vein with her tongue.

"Don't you agree, Yasuda-san?" Tommy blinked, shaking her head clear from naughty thoughts. Her eyes focused and caught Kai staring at her. "You weren't listening."

"Uh. Sorry. I've a lot on my mind."

Kai stilled, his eyes softening. "Of course, Yasuda-san. These are difficult times for you and the family. How...how's Hanako-obaasan doing?"

This time Tommy froze. Her face flushed and in that moment she thanked her parents for her brown skin. Kai had completely misinterpreted her words. "Uhm slightly better. Thank you."

"If there's anything I can do..."

"You've doing more than enough, Ishida-san." Tommy said and stared deeply into Kai's eyes. Like always the air stilled between them and started to fill with words that had been left unsaid.

"However this board meeting is important," Kai said, breaking the moment. "The board members won't be considerate."

"Just because my obaasan is dying."

Kai stiffened for a second, taking back by Tommy's bluntness and then carefully nodded. "The problem isn't your right to lead Yasuda Pharma. It's more of a question if you can."

"Because I'm a woman?"

"Yasuda-san..."

"Not because I'm gaijin?" Kai made a move to protest but with a wave of her hand Tommy cut him off. "I know Kenzo Uchiyama is the one behind this meeting today. He doesn't respect me and it isn't because he's a chauvinist pig but because he sees me as an outsider since I'm not fully Japanese."

"That doesn't apply to all of the board members." Kai argued but Tommy knew he was just sugar coating the truth.

Yasuda Pharma was all her grandmother's doing. When her grandmother's parents found out that their nineteen year-old daughter Hanako Yasuda was pregnant and carried the child of a black solider from the West she was given two choices - give up the child or leave the household.

For Hanako Yasuda the choice was plain and simple. She chose her unborn daughter, packed her things and left her home.

Hanako Yasuda could've easily given up and accepted her fate as a shunned woman with a bastard child but when the dust settled after the Second World War Hanako had seen an opportunity which she seized and created Yasuda Pharma from scratch. And today the company prospered and distributed pharmaceutical drugs all over the world.  

Whenever Tommy thought about her grandmother and the courage it took for her to make her own way, it always made Tommy proud of her heritage. She didn't care about other people's snide remarks and was a proud Yasuda. She drew strength from knowing she had her obaasan's raw strength and stubbornness inside her.

And now that remarkable woman was dying miles away and Tommy couldn't be at her side because the company needed her.

And that realization hurt like hell.

"Yasuda-san," Kai spoke up, breaking the silence. Tommy looked up and noticed her vision was blurry. She blinked rapidly back the tears that welled up.

Kai made a move towards her but stopped in his tracks and furrowed in thought. Tommy could see the struggle in Kai's eyes. He bit down on his jaw. He didn't want to overstep his boundaries. She was his boss after all.

Tommy held her breath, the plea clear in her eyes and the need to comfort her overpowered whatever kept Kai rooted and he started towards her again when the office phone rang and the moment passed.

Tommy watched as Kai found his bearings again, backed away from her and the wall separating them went back up again

Tommy looked away before Kai caught the dejection in her eyes and answered her phone. "Moshi, moshi? Tomiko Yasuda speaking."

"Hola Chica! What's up?"

"Esmee!"

"Hi! Am I disturbing?"

"No, no! It's okay." Tommy glanced upwards and saw that Kai had walked off to the other end of her office. He stood by the large windows that overlooked the city. "How are you? I'm so so sorry for not showing up last week. I really wanted to see you guys."

"It's okay. I know you've a lot going on," Esmee reassured her best friend and Tommy felt some of her many weights lift off from her shoulders. "So what are you up to?"

"About to have another meeting."

"Oh! Do you want me to you call back later?"

"No! No! Pleeease, tell me something fun. I have it up to here with these meetings."

"Rafael was here!" Esmee practically shouted into the phone. "You should've seen him, Tommy. My hermanito is all grown up! And you know what?"

"What?"

"He's in love!"

"Yeah? I can't imagine Rafael giving up that information willingly."

"He didn't. I got the scoop from Maria."

Tommy snorted a laugh and shook her head. "Yup, that explains it." Poor Rafael. Tommy knew when it came to his sisters that he didn't have a personal life. She pitied the woman he had fallen in love with. His sisters were going to interrogated her into pieces and probably send her running for the hills. "So what's her name?"

"Don't know. Rafael refused to tell me. I can only hope he brings her  tomorrow...which leads me to the reason behind this call. You're coming to the Halloween party tomorrow, right?"

"Of course! I told you I would."

"Yeah? That's awesome, chica! I mean I understand if you can't."

"Don't worry. Believe me when I say that I wouldn't miss it for the world. Plus..." Tommy paused and glanced towards Kai. He was looking down at his phone in his hand and seemed busy texting or reading. "Plus I need a break so I can take care of things."

"Oooh...what things?"

"A major itch that needs some serious scratching."

Esmee burst out laughing. Her laughter was loud enough for Kai to hear. He looked up and cocked an eyebrow in question. Tommy shrugged with a smile. Kai nodded and then turned his attention back to his phone. "Shit! Sorry!" Esmee wheezed and tried to contain her laughter. After a moment she got it under control. "How bad?"

"Real bad. I'm hoping for the world to end so my suffering may end as well." Tommy's words sent Esmee into another laughing spell.

"Chica that's what Mr V is for."

"Mr V hasn't done shit for me lately. I swear I worked him hard last night but all for nothing."

"Then you really have to come tomorrow!" Esmee snickered. "Hopefully you'll find somebody who'll scratch your itch or maybe you should just bring someone along instead..." Esmee trailed off and without Esmee saying it Tommy's eyes flew to Kai. "Come on, Tommy. I've seen Kai and he is a fiiine as hell, chica! You need to make a move!"

Tommy bit her bottom-lip and continued to look at Kai. Esmee didn't understand. Tommy wanted to jump Kai's bones. Badly. But Kai respected her and her family far too damn much and Tommy feared Kai would never cross the line, especially since it was her obaasan that had given him a shot despite his destructive past.

Tommy was sure the attraction was mutual but Tommy was too much of a chicken to ask Kai out and if things didn't work out she could lose Kai which Tommy couldn't bear, therefore leaving things unsaid.

Just then Kai looked up, their eyes colliding. Tommy's mouth went dry. She forced herself to look away and licked her lips. "Ehh Esmee, I need to go." Her voice sounding slightly out of breath in her ears.

"Okay! Call me later if you can. Otherwise see you tomorrow! And think about what I said."

"Yeah. Talk to you later."

"Bye chica!"

"Bye." Tommy placed down the phone. For the corner of her eye she saw Kai move.

"I need to go and see if everything is ready in the boardroom." Kai bowed deeply and then turned to leave. 

With each step the overwhelming need to do or say something welled up inside Tommy. She clenched her hand into a tight fist as Kai neared the door. "Kai, would you like to come to a Halloween party!?" Tommy heard herself shout.

Her face burned when Kai turned around and looked at her with a puzzled look on his face. That could've gone a lot smoother. "It's tomorrow. We don't have to go as a date. I mean together. If you are uncomfortable. But I thought it would be nice, you know? For a change..." Tommy nearly cringed, hearing herself and mental banged her head against her desk. She sounded like a complete idiot.

"I'd be honoured to come, Yasuda-san."

Tommy mentally stopped killing herself and stared at Kai with wide, surprised eyes. "Really?"

"Yeah."

"Oh, that's great!" Tommy smiled happily and fought the urge to clap her hands like a seal. "I'll text you the time and place and meet you there. Okay?"

"Hai. I'll try my best to show up."

"In a costume and," Tommy licked her lips, her heart fluttering nervously in her chest. "Please call me Tomiko then."

"I...I'll be sure to remember that." Kai smiled shyly with faint red cheeks. He bowed again and promised he would back when it was time for the board meeting.

As soon as Kai was out of sight Tommy raised her arms victoriously and did a little dance. With any luck by the same time tomorrow night her dry spell would be over and Tommy would finally going to get laid!

 

[*][*][*]

 

"Remind me again why I'm doing this?"

"Because you owe me."

"Pleeease. That thing with Amy doesn't count."

"That girl ended up slicing up my clothes and smashing my stuff because she mistook my room for yours," Rafael turned his head and pinned his best friend with a hard stare. "Yeah. You owe me."

"I can't help it if the ladies go cray-cray after spending a night with me." Callum Bloom shrugged with a sly grin, running a hand through his brown hair.

Rafael snorted with a shake of his head. He turned back to the mirror and checked out his Halloween costume. He touched his abs and ran his hands over his chest. It seemed all the time at the gym was paying off. Would it be enough to catch Tommy's attention though?

"You know? There's something awfully disturbing watching you, checking yourself in the mirror."

"Just making sure everything's alright. This shit needs to tight."

"Believe me any tighter and you'll burst out of the seams." Callum laughed and dodged the item Rafael threw at him. "You look good and I mean it. No fat bulging on the sides." Callum laughed harder.

Rafael turned away from the mirror and walked over to the bed where he fell on his back and stared at the ceiling. "Remind me why I'm doing this?"

"What's the saying? The crazy little things you do for love?"

"Yeah," Rafael sighed and rubbed a hand over his forehead. "Man, I hope this works. Tomorrow is D-day."

"Don't worry, bro. I'm sure the ladies will be dropping their pants once they see us."

"There's only one panty I want to drop."

"Then you better start praying. And hard." Callum reached across the bed and pat Rafael's shoulder, smirking.

Rafael could only sigh inwardly and hope Callum was right.

Because you do crazy things when you are in love and Rafael only hoped his crazy little thing would work.






Chapter End Notes:

That's all for now! I hope to update soon - take care, laterz!

 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.