Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

rewrote this chapter because the previous one felt rushed and was poorly written - you guys deserve better and i can do better so here we go once again...! Enjoy & Excuse Errors!




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


“Man, I picked the wrong shoes. My feet are killing me!” Esmee whined the moment she and Tommy found an empty tablein the lounge suite and took a seat. Esmee reached down and started to massage her feet strapped in black platform heels. The ladies were taking a much needed break from the dance floor. “If this continues my feet will look like patas de elefante.”

“Hmm.”

Esmee looked up at Tommy’s aloof answer and rolled her eyes when she saw Tommy was yet again checking her cell phone. “Por favour chica. Not again! Would you stop already?”

Tommy looked up from her cell and sighed when she saw Esmee’s frown. “Sorry.”

“Kai is probably already on his way,” Tommy bit her lip, still staring at the phone in her hand. “What?”

“He’s running late and Kai never runs late.”

“Has he texted you?”

Tommy tucked away her phone and shook her head. “No. Not even a missed call. I texted him but he hasn't answered.”

“So?” Esmee shrugged. “You can’t spend the entire night glued to your phone. You’re on mission, remember? Keep checking your phone and you’ll never deal with your scratch.”

Tommy sighed and ran a hand over her forehead. She couldn’t quite explain it but she felt a strange mixture of restless and anxiety. It didn't matter how many times Tommy tried to calm the butterflies in her tummy, they were persistent. “I know, I know. It’s just that he should've been here by now.”

“Who should've been here by now?” Esmee and Tommy turned their heads and saw Maria walked up to their table. The pretty brunette dressed as Batgirl rubbed her hands excitedly, sensing some juicy gossip. “Well?”

“Tommy is pining for Kai.”

“Esmee!”

“What? Was that supposed to be a secret?” Esmee tried to look innocent but failed horribly when she laughed loudly. She looked great in her dark fairy costume. The black and green dress with a lace-up bodice brought out Esmee’s full-figured curves. Her glittering wings were black with golden swirling details.

“I should’ve known. You suck at keeping secrets.”

“No, I don’t. I haven’t told her the real reason you want him here.”

Esmee!

“The real reason? Okay, now you have to tell me!” Tommy covered her face and laughed, shaking her head. No way in hell was she going to tell Maria about her sex life or rather the lack of one.  No way.

Luckily, Tommy was spared when Giselle and Alexis showed up carrying a tray each. Giselle held the tray with drinks while Alexis proudly carried the one with jello shots. They set the trays down and Esmee stared at the trays with a sceptical look. “You do realize that we aren’t twenty anymore? I don’t recover as quickly as I used do.”

“So?”

So I’m having major flashbacks and they aren’t good ones.”

“Well, time to make new ones. With everything going in our lives we rarely meet up so tonight we are going to get ridiculous drunk.”

“And wake up with major hangovers.”

“Exactly.” Esmee groaned when Alexis winked and dealt out the shots.

The fearless news correspondent was the adventurous go-getter in the group. Tommy was happy that her friend was home. Ever since she got a promotion Alexis spent most of her time overseas while she reported different events. Luckily the Halloween party took place during her time off, allowing Alexis to spend some time with the girls before she was gone again.

“I guess we’re left with no choice,” Tommy said and raised her shot glass. “Get drunk or-”

“Die trying!” The ladies toasted and tossed back their shots. The cherry-flavoured shot melted on her tongue and Tommy sighed when the shot warmed her up from the inside. She needed to loosen up and have fun. She hadn’t seen her girlfriends for so long. Much less partied with them.

Now wasn’t the time to worry over Kai or her needs. Her kitty kat was going to come out and play in due time. “I got to handed it to you, Esmee. This is some turn out.” Alexis said while looking out at the dressed out crowd, mingling in the lounge.

“All credits goes to my client. It was his idea.”

“Yeah?”

“He wants to sell the house and figured the best way to show it off was to have a party."

“So everyone here are?”

“Potential buyers.”

Alexis whistled and ran a hand over her cheetah bodysuit. “Well then, if these guests can afford this place then they got to have some deep pockets.”

The Halloween party was being held in a mansion in the posher area in the City. Like many mansions in the area the mansion was spacious with way too many bedrooms and bathrooms for one guy and had the standard rich-man favourite toys - a movie theatre room, a gym, a swimming pool and so on.

Tonight the mansion had been turned into a night club with bars inside and outside the mansion. By opening the glass doors connected to the lounge, the outside patio turned into a large dance floor for the invited guests and they could dance to their heart’s contents to the tunes being played the DJ.

“Wait, what happened to that guy...?” Maria furrowed in deep thought while snapping her fingers. “Steve?”

“Nah, you are thinking about Chris.” Giselle corrected her.

“No, that’s the guy from waaay before.”                               

“Gerard?” Tommy suggested.

“That’s the guy with the mini di-”

“-Alright, I get it!” Alexis childishly stuck out her tongue at her laughing friends. She tossed back her curly red hair and shrugged, unashamed. “So I get around. I love men and sex.”

“Lots and lots of sex.”

“Well, it doesn’t mean I’m not looking for someone to settle down with,” The ladies looked at each other and then burst out laughing. “Hey I mean it! You know what? I give up.” Alexis raised her hands, surrendering. She turned her attention back to the invited guests and licked her lips. “I think I’m feeling the Count or perhaps I should do Iron Man. Who knows? He might be like the real thing – filthy rich."

Tommy stared out at the crowd, sipping her drink. At her age her mother and grandmother already had children while Tommy had her work. Of course she dreamt of finding a man and building a life. 

Instantly an image of Kai appeared and Tommy shook her head, quickly disregarded the idea. She had never thought of Kai like that. Sure, Kai would be a good choice. They were the same age, shared similar likes and dislikes and he was a good hardworking man.

A dreamy smile spread across her lips when she thought about Kai being the one.

“O.M.G. Screw Mr Right, I think I found Mr Right-Now.”

Tommy was pulled out of her thought. She watched the crowd parted as a sea when five guys or five gladiators emerged. They all were wearing a leather skirt with a wide belt and leather shoulder armour.

“Hermanito!” Esmee exclaimed and leapt at her baby brother.

“Dammit, sis,” Rafael smiled embarrassed when Esmee hugged him tightly.

“Forgive my father because I sinned.” Alexis whispered.

Tommy swallowed with a gulp. Shit, she could only agree. Ever since she started watching the TV-series Spartacus she had a thing for gladiators. This was a fantasy come true.

Tommy tried not stare but she had a hard time taking her eyes off Rafael. He looked good. Real good. She licked her lips as her eyes climbed up his thick legs, paused over a nicely shaped crotch, greedily taking in every inch of his bare chest which seemed to have been smeared with some type of grease and dirt. 

“So what? No hug?”

Tommy’s eyes flipped upwards and instantly locked with Rafael. A grin spread across his full lips and Tommy tingled in places she shouldn’t be tingling in. “It’s good to see, Tommy.” Rafael said, walking towards her.

"You too, Rafael." Tommy said after gotten up from her seat and hugged him.

Rafael pulled slightly back and tilted his head to the side when he leaned forward to press warm lips awfully close to the corner of her mouth. To Tommy's surprise she felt a stir deep down in her belly that startled her. “How have you been?" She asked, ignoring the heat emitting from Rafael standing so close.

"Busy and stressed. But now," He trailed off and stepped back to look her over. His jaw flexed and when he glanced back at her there was heat smoldering in the depths of his eyes. "You look good, Tommy. Real good."

Tommy laughed with a slight tremor. "T-thank you."

"Aite bro, let’s go and get something to drink. I’m thirsty as hell!” Callum stepped in and placed a hand on Rafael’s shoulder.

Rafael took a moment or two before he looked away and Tommy felt it was easier to breathe. ”Later then.” Rafael nodded to everyone. He glanced at Tommy one last time before he turned and left with his gladiators.

“Holy hell, I’m glad that I came...! Sweet Jesus Esmee no offense but your brother is freakin hot and so are his friends too!” Alexis exclaimed loudly, fanning her face.

“I told you that hermanito had grown up.” Esmee beamed proudly.

Tommy couldn’t agree more. Rafael had certainly grown up.

 

[*][*][*]

 

Rafael exhaled a shaky breath. He knew seeing Tommy would be intense. He just never realized how intense.

Fuck him, she looked sexy in her 20s look. The black fringed dress dropped short to her mid-thighs and left everything to his imagination. Rafael bit his bottom lip, thinking what else hid underneath her dress. He had ever intention to find out by the end of the night. “Drink up. You look like you need it.” Callum held up a drink and Rafael took it without question. He threw back the drink and relished the burn it left. Callum chuckled, hearing his friend’s deep sigh. “I guess I was right.”

“That obvious, huh?”

“I’m proud that you didn't cum in your pants. For a second I thought you were going to burst a nut.”

“Shit. I nearly did.”

“Well, you left quite the impression.”

“You think?”

“Yeah," Callum nodded, rubbing a hand over his chin. "From where I stood, it looked like Tommy liked what she saw. Even though she tried to hide it.”

“Callum, listen. You don’t have cheer me up or anything.”

“No bullshit, Rafe." Callum assured him and gave Rafael a serious look. “I thought you didn’t stand a chance. But I think I was wrong.”

Rafael stared at Callum and then looked away. He swept a hand over his mouth as Callum’s words sunk in. He had been doubtful, perhaps even anxious but now those feelings were pushed aside and Rafael could feel his resolve grow stronger.

By the end of the night Tommy would be his.






Chapter End Notes:

Aite - done for now.

Onto to the next page







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.