Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

stories/2366/images/Sage.jpgstories/2366/images/Sebastian.jpg




Author's Chapter Notes:

Sometimes youwant what you can't have.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


"This is the last time I swear." Sage said.

"You said that two weeks ago when he called and you went running"

"What do you want me to do? Thats the nature of our relationship. He calls when he needs me and I show up."

"And you don't think that sound the least bit twisted considering how you feel about him." she said sarcastically.

"My feelings aren’t important right now.” Sage sighed “I promise this is it. I know this is getting weird... Okay it's been weird."

"You don't have a problem going over there while he wines and dines some other woman."

"He is paying me to be there and perform a service that's what I do."

"Sage you have to end this is. It has been going on for a year and before even though I thought it was beneath you I understood but you don't need the money anymore, enough is enough. “
“Says you” Sage smarted.
“You're missing out on a potentially good guy. Nathan was really interested in meeting you and this is the second time you've bailed on himf to be at the beck and call of Sebastian Rhodes."

"Becca I know you don't get it and hell I don't get it but there's something about him. I just can't help myself." She said sighing defeatedly.

"I'll call you tomorrow." Sage said exiting the apartment.


When Sebastian heard Sages old Mercury Tracer pull-up his heartbeat immediately began to accelerate. The anticipation of seeing her again was overwhelming and disconcerting at the same time. At thirty five he did not view of himself as a man in the throes of a midlife crisis yet here he was, going on another date night doomed before it even began because of the barely legal minx coming up the driveway. He had no idea when his obsession with her started he couldn't pinpoint the moment when his thoughts veered from seeing her as a potential caregiver for the twins to wanting to see her twins.

"This is insane she's in college for Christ sakes practically a kid. He had to get over this and so he went on another date with another woman trying in vain to erase Sage from his mind. The doorbell rang and he took a moment to collect himself. This was his ritual, he breathed in deep in preparation before he stepped into her light. She had caught him once unawares and he had been stricken with desire that left him tongue-tied and flummoxed. The saddest part was she wasn't even trying. Sage showed up with her sweat clothes from her cheerleading practice or with her smock from the Walmart nothing sensual actually sometimes she was downright dowdy yet still he would sit across from a beautiful blonde sophisticate unmoved as his thoughts were preoccupied with Sage. She had become his curse.

Sebastian opened the door and before he could greet her two rowdy six-year-olds bound through said door nearly toppling the petite beauty. He watched her face alight with laughter and joy as she greeted his sons AJ and CJ. It would seem the entire Rhodes household was in love with Sage.

“Sage, Sage you’re here I am so happy you’re here. Come we have a lot to show you. I drew lots and lots of pictures for you.” AJ said proudly.

“You did? I can’t wait to see them.” Sage said.
.
“But what about my pictures? Don’t you want to see my pictures?” CJ pouted.

“Of course I do I can’t wait to see them all.”

“Okay let’s go to our room” the boy said excitedly.

“Wait a second guys, can you give Sage and I a moment.” Sebastian asked peering down at his sons.

“Yes daddy” they said in unison as they ran to the room to get prepared.

“Sage I know I should have asked sooner but I was hoping you wouldn’t mind staying a little later than normal today.”

“How late Mr. Rhodes? I’m not quite sure but I don’t think overnight. If it makes you uncomfortable just let me know and I can make other arrangements or …you can spend the night.”

“You want me to spend the night?” She asked surprised.

“No! I mean yes. If I get in too late that would probably be best. Shit! I mean in the guestroom spend the night in the guest room.” He amended quickly, now he sounded like a creepster just great he chastised. He had to get out of here before it got worse. “I be heading out you have all my contact information as usual make yourself at home” and with that he walked out.

Sage stared at the heavy wooden door for heaviness to her heart that was undeniable; in all her fantasies when he asked her to spend the night never did it end like this. Sage didn’t dawdle long her charges beckoned, lest she forget they were why she was there.



Sebastian walked into his dark home, he decided not to turn on the light in the living room since he just wanted to get to bed taking off his sport coat and throwing over his recliner he heard a muffled scream.

“Ahh get off me.” Sage screamed feeling fabric over her face. She struggled jumping from the recliner pushing her assailant with all her might. She didn’t look back she had to get to the boys. As swiftly as possible she ran through the house up the stairs, still hazy from sleep she tripped and felt strong arms bind her flailing arms. She was not going down with out a fight.
“Sage calm down before you wake the boys.” Came a gravelly voice.
“Don’t hurt them.” She said with her eyes squeezed shut, she knew it was cowardice but she didn’t want to see her attacker.

“Sage sweetheart look at me.” She vaguely recognized his voice and slowly opened her left eye sighing when she realized it was Sebastian. Her body went limp nderneath him and he momenterilly worried she’d fainted.
“Bastian an I dreaming?”
“If you are please don’t wake up. You called me Bastian, I like it.”
“I’m dreaming I can be less formal in my sleep. I wish I could call you Bastian when I’m awake.”
“Why don’t you?”
“Because I’m just your babysitter that would be rude.”
“What if I asked you to continue…after you woke up.” He smirked.
“It won’t make a difference this is my last night sitting for you.” She answered yawning. “Do people yawn in their sleep?” she queried.

“Why?”
“I just wondered if I am already sleeping why I am yawning.”
“Not that, why won’t you sit for me anymore.”
“Becca says it’s a bad idea. She is right. She is always right. I am going to go out with Nathan and be happy.” She murmured falling back asleep.

“Who is Nathan? Who is Nathan? “ Sebastian asked shaking her slightly but it was too late she was dead to the world.






Chapter End Notes:

Please read and review. This was supposed to be my entry into the fantasy challenge. Thanks for reading







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.