Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

“We going fast!” a tiny voice screeched.

 

I saw skinny brown arms go up in my rearview mirror.

 

“Why you speeding mommy? Gwanny said speeding is dangewus!” my little girl said.

 

“We have to go superfast to get out of this area baby.”

 

“Like Wocket?” she said holding up her favorite Little Einstein’s plush toy.

 

“Yeah baby. Superfast, just like Rocket.”

 

“Not now you piece of shit!” I screamed as my car began to sputter.

 

“Oooohhhh you cuss!”

 

“Sorry boo bear.” I mumbled.

 

We pulled to the side of the road and the car gave a great heave before dying.

 

I banged my head against the steering wheel and fought the urge to scream.

 

I fished my cell phone out of my purse to call Triple A but couldn’t get a damn signal.

 

I cursed inwardly and glanced around, spotting a gas station a ways off from the highway. Wandering around in the dark with a child was dangerous but the danger of staying in the car waiting for help far outweighed the risk.

 

I heard the first howl as I helped my daughter out the car. Shivers raced down my spine as the call was answered by several more.

 

“That’s a wolfy! The big bad wolfy!” my daughter shrieked, her big brown eyes growing wide in fear.

 

“Don't worry boo bear, mommy won’t let anything hurt you.” I said with a reassuring smile.

 

“There’s a gas station a few miles ahead, we’ll use their phone. Be a good brave girl and we'll get popsicles okay.”

 

"Okay." she sniffled.

 

 We began to walk towards the exit ramp with me nearly dragging her with my quickened pace.

 

“Almost there!” I said, hoping to take her mind off the howls that were growing closer and closer. I cursed myself; I never should have driven through this area.

 

“Momma! The Big Bad Wolf!” My baby cried as she screeched to a halt behind me.

 

I whipped around and saw a male approaching, presumably the leader. He grinned at my daughter, showing huge and glistening fangs. He sniffed the air smelling my baby’s fear and smacked his lips in hunger.

 

 Fucking werewolves!

 

“It’s okay boo bear.” I said with a pat to her head as she squeezed my leg.

 

 “Boo bear. I want you to stay behind me and if something happens run as fast as you can.”

 

“You told me not to wun fast!” she said with a tremble in her voice.

 

“As fast as you can understand?” I literally growled.

 

 My eyes were glowing red and the white tips of my nails lengthen into claws as the urge to shift began to consume me.

 

Placing her behind me I turned to the group and went into a defensive stance. I was a momma bear and momma bear’s fiercely protected their cubs.

 






Chapter End Notes:

A little something different. What cha think? Thanks for reading!







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.