Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Is it strange that I found out my fiancé has been cheating on me for the past three months and I have yet to confront him about it? I received the phone-call from his lover this morning right before I went to work and I haven’t been able to concentrate since. My boss, a kindly older lady who I’m quite fond of, sent worried glances my way all day but I assured her I was fine. Even then she sent me home early.

So here I am sitting on our bed, mechanically going through the pictures that were sent to my phone. She’s beautiful; his other woman. Her hair’s a curly mass of blond; she has big blue eyes and full red lips. The pictures arean’t very varied. They’re mostly shots of them tangled in each other in bed. He seems to have fallen asleep because in most of them his eyes are closed. There are some though where they’re smiling together and hugging or kissing.

They make a cute couple.

The bedroom door opens behind me and heavy footsteps means he’s entered the room. Resolutely I keep flipping through the pictures, reminding myself of his betrayal.

“Hey baby, you’re home early.”

The bed dips when he climbs on to it and presses a kiss on top of my head, “What’re you looking at?”

I know the instant he sees because he stiffens behind me. Slowly he reaches forward as if to take the phone but I move it out of his reach.

“She’s beautiful.”

“Tiny-”

“I’m just saying; I can understand why you did it. You guys are gorgeous together.”

“That’s not-”

“I mean it’s almost criminal how good you look together.”

“T-”

“So when were you going to tell me about her? Before or after we were married?”

“She means nothing.”

“Don’t,” briefly I close my eyes and inhale deeply. “Is it supposed to make me feel better that you had an affair with someone you don’t even care about!?!! You care so little about me that any random woman would do?!!”

“I don’t mean it like that T!” When he grabs my arms I yank out of his grasp and stand, refusing to look at him. “She was just a mistake! I love you!”

I laugh and the sound is so bitter it surprises me, “You love me? Really? This is what your love feels like?”

“Tiny please-”

“Stop calling me that. I’m not Tiny or T to you. Just- don’t bother calling me at all.”

In a fit of sudden rage I spin around and head for the door. With every step my heart hurts worse and tears stream down my face. I reach up to wipe them away and bump into something. Large, warm hands grip onto my shoulders so hard it’s almost painful.

“Don’t go babe … we’ll work this out!”

His voice sounds desperate and for the first time I look at him. He’s flushed, grey eyes filled with tears, and his face is filled with anxiety.

“I love you,” the words slip from my mouth before they’ve even registered and his face brightens. “I love you so much; but how can I believe you love me after this? How can I trust you?”

“Because I do! You’re it for me. There’s no one else.”

Again I laugh bitterly. How can he stand there and lie to me like this, “Really? I bet Nastasia would beg to differ.”

And just like that his face crumples, “Baby, please.”

“No.”

The objects around me are getting blurry and angrily I wipe away the tears, “I’ll start telling my family that the wedding’s off. I expect you’ll take care of your end.”

With that I turn away again and head out the door.





Chapter End Notes:

All reviews are welcome.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.