Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

`




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

 

Chapter 3

 

Jace stared at the door. His feet rooted to the spot as he watched the only woman he has ever loved, laughing and talking to another one of his busboys.

What the hell was she doing here?

He'd gone over in his head a million times what he'd say to her whenever he saw her again but at the moment his brain was mush and all he could do was stare.

She was still the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. He eyed her up and down and took in every curve of her delectable body. A body that he knew well. A body that he'd touched and kissed every inch of. A body that he'd made love to for hours. A body that obviously still had the ability to make him hard as railroad iron as he began to feel the tightening behind his zipper.

The black dress that covered her petite frame was classically simple on anyone else, but on her it was wet dream inducing. From the spaghetti straps that showed off  her beautiful brown shoulders. The slight dip in the front that exposed the slight swell of her breast. To the firm legs that had wrapped around his waist and had him moaning in ecstasy. All the way down to her perfectly painted red toe nails that were incased in a pair of black heeled sandals.

She was perfect and it pissed him off.

The fact that his mind and his body were betraying him, pissed him off even more. He didn't want to feel anything for her.

 She was so animated as she talked to his staffer. The poor kid never stood a chance. He was held captive by whatever she was saying. She had that affect on people, especially men.

They were taken in by the most beautifully, expressive brown eyes known to man and then they were gut punched by the most amazing smile ever created. All incased in the sweetest little pumpkin face.

But little did they know that behind all that sweetness was Hannibal Lecter. She could cut your heart out and eat it while you smiled as she did it.

He should know.    

Paul's ramblings pulled him from his internal struggle. "Listen J.B., I didn't know you  were going to be here tonight."

"What is she doing here?" Jace asked through gritted teeth.

"I'll explain later. I've gotta catch her before she sees you." Paul said over his shoulder as he began walking off.

"Sees me? What the hell is that supposed to mean?" He questioned, soon realizing he was talking to himself.

Why wouldn't she want to see him? She was the one who left, not the other way around. He was the one who had been left high and dry with no explanation and she didn't want to see him?

Who the hell does she think she is?

He watched her eyes light up the second they landed on Paul and in a instant the light was gone the moment they landed on him.

He watched her loose her footing and nearly fall, as every damn man in the room ran to assist her.

Including him.

She was trying to leave.

Oh, no. She wasn't going to get off that easy.

 

***

 

Breezy stumbled as she set eyes on him for the first time in five years.

The bastard was just standing there looking better than he had any right to look. The years had definitely been kind to him.

She wasn't the only one who had put on weight. He was always fit but this looked like all muscle. He was obviously hitting the gym pretty damn hard.

His once shoulder length jet black hair was now cut short and very professional. But it was his emerald green eyes that were now as hard as jade that had her backing up and trying to get away as quickly as possible.

Fortunately, Paul caught her before she face planted in the middle of the floor. Her stupid legs wouldn't cooperate.

A chorus of  "are you okay" rang out all around her.

Shit, that was embarrassing.

And even more so because it happened in front of him.

"Breezy, wait." Paul pleaded, halting her uncoordinated retreat.   

"I can't do this Paul." She said trying to get her bearings.

"Can't do what?" Breezy froze as the sound of his smooth baritone voice poured over her like warm honey.

She turned if by rote at the sound of his voice. Damn, he was even better looking up close.

"What is she doing here, Paul?" He turned accusing eyes on his friend.

"That's what I was trying to tell you." Paul said turning to face him. "I invited her here to see me play. I had no idea you were going to be here. You're never here on Friday nights."

"What the hell difference does that make? She's here." He continued to grit out his words.

Paul stepped in front of her, pushing her slightly behind him. The tension radiating off him was palpable. "It makes a hell of a difference. Because she's my guest. I haven't seen her in forever and she of all people should feel welcomed here at Summer. Or did you fucking forget…"

"I haven't forgotten a damn thing." He said cutting Paul off.

"Then stop being a asshole." Paul said as he stepped closer to his best friend in her defense.

This is what she had feared all along. This is why she had kept her distance by never reaching out to Paul. She didn't want to be the cause of problems within their friendship.

It was time to bring this to an end. She couldn't bear the thought of them fighting.

"Paul," she said putting her hands on his shoulder. "This is what I was talking about. I'm just going to go. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have agreed to come."

Paul turned to face her, concern in his eyes. "This has nothing to do with you, Breezy. This is about Jace's miserable existence and his talent for taking it out on everyone else instead of looking in the damn mirror." He said pointing at his friend.

Why the hell would he be miserable? He for damn sure didn't look miserable. He looked like hot, toe curling sex. A look that she knew well that he could deliver on.

"My life isn't miserable, it's perfect." He defended.

"If by perfect, you mean fucked up, then I'll have to agree with you." Paul countered, turning back to face him.

"Says the doctor. Is that your professional opinion or one you just pulled out of your ass?"

This was getting out of hand.

"Guys." Breezy said to try and get their attention before this escalated any further.

"Why don't you make an appointment? I'm use to dealing with annoying children."

"I'm not sure if my insurance covers quacks."

"Guys! That's enough." She yelled.

"Stay out of this!" They shouted at her in unison.

This was crazy and so were they. If they wanted to tear each other to shreds, then she wasn't going to hang around and watch. She was leaving.

"Five minutes until opening!" someone yelled from a distance.

She definitely wasn't going to be a party to brawl with a bigger audience than the one already hanging around looking.

"I'm out." She said as she turned to walk away but came up short as a steel band wrapped around her arm. "Hey!" she shrieked as a sudden panic came over her.

"Oh, no you don't." He said pulling her closer to him. "We need to talk."

His voice was so low that she hardly recognized it. And the green fire, shooting from his eyes, let her know that he fully intended to have his way in this.

But Paul was having none it. He must have felt her fear and apprehension.

"Jace, we've been friends for a long time,'' Paul started, "and I love you like a brother. But this is going to turn real ugly, real fast, if you don't let her go."

She felt him tense and his grip tighten at Paul's words.

Paul was such a mild mannered guy. The only time that she'd ever seen him angry or threatening was when it had come to her. He was always looking out for her and it would appear that five years hadn't dulled those protective instincts. He was willing to come to blows with his best friend over her. She hadn't allow it then and she wouldn't allow it now. She'd face the devil himself and this was pretty damn close, before she allowed any harm to come to Paul.

She smiled at her friend, attempting to sooth him. "It's okay Paul. I'm sure Ja…," she'd almost slipped up again. She'd made a vow to never speak his name and dammit she was sticking to it. "I'm sure he won't hurt me." She said looking over her shoulder at him. She could shoot daggers too.

"Okay." He nodded with all seriousness. "When you're done I have a table up front reserved just for you. But if at any time--."

"She's fine."

Before she could utter another word, she felt herself being pulled toward the back of the restaurant. She saw Paul watching them as he stepped back up on the stage. The restaurant began to flood with people.

She didn't know where he was taking her but she wasn't really scared. She knew he would never hurt her. Plus, Paul was in the building. She supposed she was just a little fearful of the unknown.

Five years was a long time but it obviously wasn't long enough for her body to forget what it felt like to be so close to him. And his scent was intoxicating. If he wasn't holding onto her so damn tightly, she might have swooned. But as it was she was doing good just to keep up with his long strides.

But when he shoved her into a office and locked door she knew she was in trouble.

Shit!

This was not good.

 

Jace stood with his head leaning against the door and his back to her. He had to walk quickly to get her there. The feel of her soft body against his was fucking with his libido. The deep breaths that he was taking, to calm himself down, only served a point to make him crazy, because with each inhalation, he could only smell her.

She smelled like Spring time.

She didn't wear heavy perfumes. She didn't need to. Her natural scent was enough to make men drop at her feet and do anything in their power to stay there.

He wasn't sure what had come over him when he saw her turn to leave. He just knew that he couldn't let her go. All the things that he wanted to say to her over the years, all seemed to blur into insignificance. He just wanted her close.

He heard her clear her throat behind him as if she were tired of waiting on him. But she would stay here all damn night until she answered every one of his questions. Starting with the most pressing one.

"Where have you been Breezy? He asked, still not able to turn around and look at her.

He was met with silence.

"Do not make me ask again."

"Texas." She nearly whispered.

"Where in Texas?"

"San Antonio"

"San Antonio!" Was she fucking kidding him. She never mentioned San Antonio ever. He had friends and investments there. And she'd been there all this time. Now he was well and truly pissed. "Do you have any idea how long I looked for you?'

"Obviously not long enough." She mumbled.

He turned to face her and the smug look on her face set off a fire that wouldn't be put out quickly.

He took a step toward her. "You do not want to go there with me today." He watched as she took a small step back, which only set off his predator instincts. If she was going to run, it only made him want to chase. So he took another step. Effectively caging her in."Why are you here?"

She licked her lips and he nearly groaned. "Um, because Paul invited me to hear him play."

He advance another step. "That's not good enough."

"Wh… What do you mean?" She stammered her breathing shallow.

"You had to know I was here. Yet you showed up anyway. You had to know that this confrontation was coming." He said as he reached out and wrapped a finger around one of her twist locks. These were new. The last time he'd seen her she'd worn her hair in a short pixie cut. But he liked these. These he could pull and make her tilt her head back to look into his eyes.

She began to shake her head. "I didn't know you would be here. Paul said you weren't in the band anymore. That you wouldn't be here."

"He's right, I'm not in the band anymore. I own the whole club." Her eyes widened in surprise and she attempted to take a step back but he held her firmly within his grasp.

"Listen, um, you, uh just listen." She continued to stammer.

"You?" Now that pissed him off. "I have a name. You do remember my name don't you Breezy?" He said as he pulled harder on her hair.

"Yes of course I know your name."

"Then say it." He said as he leaned into her ear. "Say my name." He felt her body shudder and his hardened even more.

She began to vigorously shake her, "No."

"You use to scream my name." He slowly ran his other hand down her cheek then across her bottom lip. He full lips were so beautiful and lush. "I bet I could still make you scream my name."

She continued to shake her head but her body was softening just the way it always had. It appeared that she wasn't as immune as she wanted him to believe. He didn't know what was driving him to push her but push her he would.

"Say my name Breezy, or I'll be forced to make you scream it."

"I can't." She said breathlessly.

"The only thing I want to hear drip from your lips is, Jace, in three, two, …" He continued to explore the new curves and contours of her body. She had always been sexy, but these new curves were driving him insane. And the only thing that could satisfy his appetite was her complete and total submission to his will.

"Okay, okay" she pleaded. "I'll say your stupid name."

Jace tisked and shook his head. "That was the wrong response baby." He said just before he slammed his mouth over hers.

 

 

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

`







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.