Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Thanks for reading everyone. Please stick and stay with me. And keep the reviews coming. I promise to respond to each and every one of them and answer as many questions as I can without spoilers. Again Thanks!!

Yevette




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

 


Chapter 4

 

Her defiance to speak his name only fueled his desire for her. She wouldn't only speak his name but he would make her scream it. He wanted to feel her come apart in his arms again. Correction, he needed to make her come apart. He needed to feel her body shudder knowing that he was the cause.

Fueled by a lust so strong, he attempted to deepen the kiss as he licked and nipped at her lips, tasting the sweetness of her strawberry lip gloss. He wanted her open to him in every single way. His body craved the contact between them. 

Jace couldn't believe that he had her in his arms again. He softness was an addiction, a compulsion, a fire in his blood that he'd never be able to quench.

He angled his body to press his erection against her soft middle. At the contact she gasped and he plunged his tongue deep into her mouth.

Her soft moan and the feel of her tentative tongue joining his, splinted his brain and he lost it. He grabbed her face and began taking long deep licks from her mouth.     

Jace could feel the blood pumping through his veins and he wasn't sure he was going to make it. He had wanted her to scream his name but if he wasn't careful, it would be him screaming hers. He was so hard and she was so soft.

He pulled her closer until there was no room left between them. Her body molded to his perfectly. Everything about her was perfect and this little defiant streak that she had going, only fueled his longing for her more.

He was becoming lost within her, just like he always had but he needed to remain in control. He still need answers and he would have them, no matter how his body screamed for him to take her right here in his office.

He began a slow assault of her body. Touching and feeling his way around the body that he once knew so well.

 

Breezy hung in suspended animation as he wrapped his arms around her . His touch must have been electric because he had short circuit her brain. She couldn't think, couldn't move, couldn't do anything but feel the softness of his mouth on hers. But she didn't need her brain to work because her starved body remembered his touch and began to react on its own.

When he treaded his hands through her locks and gently pulled on her scalp to allow better access to her neck, she was gone.

She was his.

She had always been his.

She could feel the moisture pool between her legs where he continued to push his erection against her. He nipples had hardened to tight points and begged to be touched by his strong, sure hands.

She was rewarded instantly, when he began to lightly rub his hands over her breast and when he grazed her nipple, she whimpered into his mouth.

She ripped her mouth from his as she struggled to breathe. He was consuming her and she felt helpless in his grasp.

But his aggressive assault on her body continued as he began to kiss her face, neck and ears before he lowered his head and latched onto one of her nipples through her dress.

She felt her body shudder and she knew that he felt it too.

"You are so beautiful Breezy and your body is so responsive," she heard him say before he latched onto the other nipple and her knees nearly buckled.

If he kept it up, she would do more than scream his name, she'd be lost and the last five years would have been for nothing. For as much as she craved his touch, she couldn't allow herself to fall under his spell again. She'd been there and done that. But she would concede this round to him.

He'd broken her down and made her want him again. But she did have some pride about herself and she wouldn't fall victim to the likes of Jace Bennett.

"You've proven your point." She said breathlessly as she pushed against his shoulders.

"Proven what point?" He whispered as he began to walk her backwards toward the wall.

Shit. She couldn't think. He was clouding her brain. She had to find some control. She needed to end this.

"I'll say you name okay. It's Jace. Jace!" She screamed at him.

She saw his smug smile and it pissed her off that he could so easily manipulate her and take such liberties with her body. She pushed at him but it was like trying to move a brick wall that wouldn't budge. He kept her pent to the wall, looking down at her with those piercing green eyes.

"That's a start baby, but not quite what I was talking about." 

"Jace, please."

"Ah, now that's better. But you don't have to beg. I'm willing to give you whatever you need." He said as he ran a slow finger down her cheek.

"I just want to go."

"And I'll let you go after you answer a few questions."

"Okay." She readily agreed. She knew this day was coming she had just hoped that it would be under different circumstances. But as it was she would answer any questions that he had as long as it got her the hell out of his office and away from him.

 

Jace took a few deep breaths to get his body under control. This was the moment that he had been waiting for. The moment when he could get the answers that he needed so that he could have some closure. But even as his brain thought it, his body was rebelling against the idea.

His body wanted the relief that he knew that she could bring, which only aggravated him even more. So he kept her pent up against him while he asked his questions.

"When did you get back to town?" He asked the question but did he really want to know the answer? Had she been here for weeks? Month? Years? Had she been back in town hiding from him? The though made him mad and he pushed himself closer to her, if that were possible, as he waited for her answer.

"Could you please move?" She asked as she attempted to move him again.

"No." He wasn't going anywhere. Besides, he was rather enjoying the feel of her body next to his.

She took a ragged breath that he felt vibrate through his soul before she spoke.

"I just got here today. I ran into Paul five minutes after stepping foot into the city."

"Have you moved back?"

"No" she shook her head as she answered.

"How often do you come home?" He continued to question her

"This isn't home anymore." She stared at him defiantly. Her brown eyes piercing him.

He narrowed his eyes on her. "Don't play word games with me Breezy. How often do you come to Baton Rouge?"

"I don't. I haven't been here in five years. There is no need. My life is in Texas."

"You have a sister--"

She cut him off,  "A sister that comes to see me every month. And if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be in this godforsaken city now."

"What does that suppose to mean? What's wrong with her?"

"There's nothing wrong with her. She's getting married."

He reared back to look down at her with what he knew must have been sheer shock on his face. "Who the hell would marry Phoenix?"

She rolled her eyes at him. "Why does everyone keep saying that? Phoenix is beautiful and yes, she may be a little weird, but she deserves happiness just like everyone else."

"A little weird?" He smiled down at her. It was his first genuine smile in a long time. And his heart nearly skipped a beat when she shook her head and gave him a smile back.

"Okay, a lot weird." She confessed, "but she's happy and that's all that matters."

He began to chuckle. He couldn't imagine it, but if Phoenix was happy, then he guessed that's all that mattered as well.

"How long will you be here?" He asked as he began to play with her hair. He loved the feel and texture of it between his fingers.

"Until next Sunday."

At her answer, the weight of the world seemed to lift from his shoulders. He stood there looking at her and everything that had happened in the last few years began to blur into insignificance. The only thing that mattered was that she was right here, right now with him.

He took a step back and she visibly relaxed. If she was going to be her for a week then he had time. Time for what, he didn't know, but he no longer felt the urgent need to pressure her. Although he was still hard as granite. He willed his body to move slightly away from her.

"So what do you think of the club?" He asked as continued to play with her hair.

"From what I could see, it's beautiful. You pulled it off. I never doubted you for a second."

"And the name? Summer?" He wanted to know if she approved.

"I think it's beautiful, although…" she trailed off.

"Although what?" He tilted his head trying to get a read on her.

She shook her head. "Nothing."

"You think that it should be named something else?"

"No, no, nothing like that."

"Maybe, it should be named after a certain someone?  Maybe someone as beautiful as a Summer Breeze?"

Her eyes shot up to meet his and the realization of what he was saying sank in. The memory of his name for her was still fresh in his mind. Paul, was the only person that knew why he had chosen the name of the club. She'd been the inspiration and the motivation behind it. That's why he worked so damn hard. He wanted a place worthy of his Summer Breeze if only in his mind.

"You named the club after me? But why?"

He cupped her face and watch as her eyes began to shine. "Because I told you I would. And I'm a man of my word."

"But Jace…"

"No buts'. It's done and we're a success, baby."

 

Breezy stood there stunned.

We're? The hell was that supposed to mean.

It was becoming harder and harder for her to think around him. She had to get out of there before she did something stupid like fall for his softly spoken word, caresses and kisses.

She shook her head to clear her thoughts but she only leaned into his hand as it cupped her face. His touch felt so good and so familiar. She would allow herself this one boon before she steeled herself against him.

"Jace, you've done an amazing job. And judging by the long line that was waiting to get in here, you appear to be quite the business man."

"Paul and the band are the draw on Friday nights. But other local jazz bands, that have their only following, play the other nights. It works."

He ran the pad of this thumb across her lip and she nearly licked it. It was a Herculean effort on her part to remain standing, when all she wanted to do was melt at his feel.

When she looked up, and locked eyes with him, she could see his desire for her. She knew her own eyes mirrored his. She shouldn't want this but she did and he knew it. He knew her.

No words needed to be spoken. It was an understanding that they had shared right from the beginning. A knowing that she could trust him with her body and he would give her the ultimate pleasure. A trust that he delivered on time and time again. And a promise that his eyes were willing to keep.

When he leaned in to kiss her, he was brought up short by a knock at the door. "Just ignore it. My staff knows better than to disturb me." He whispered in her ear and she shuddered.

But the knocking continued and the spell was broken. "Maybe you should get that." She said as she gently pushed on his shoulders.

"Okay" he said as he smiled down at her and trailed a single finger down her cheek.

She watched with fascination as a mask of annoyance, rage and pure fury crossed his handsome face. She felt sorry for whoever was on the other side of the door.

 

Jace was across the room in three long strides. Whoever it was, was going to feel his wrath. They knew that unless the damn building was on fire, that he was not to be disturbed.

He opened the door and there stood the young busser, Nick, that had been walking with Breezy. The kid was already on his shit list for that alone and now he had the damn nerve to knock on his door. But today he would learn the lesson that apparently nobody had bothered to tell him, or maybe they had because he looked scared as hell. But he would get it right from him this time and there would never be another mistake like this one.

He began calmly, "Nick, what kind of door policy do I have?"

He watched him swallow deeply before answering. "Open door, Mr. Bennett."

"It's Jace. Call me Jace." He said as he looked over his shoulders to see Breezy narrow  her eyes on him. "That's right. That means that when my door is open, which it usually is, then you are welcome to come in, no knocking necessary and talk to me about anything. But when this door is closed," he said as he placed his hand on the door, "then do not knock, do not come in, do not do anything until you see it open again. If I am laid out dead in here with the door closed, then my body will go undiscovered because you and everyone will know not to open this damn door. Do you understand?" It was a bit extreme but he wanted to make sure that he got his point across.

"Yes, yes sir I do. I understand but it was major important." The kid continued to stammer on.

"There is nothing in this world more important than what I have going on right now."

"But she insisted that she be let in."

"Who?"

"Your wife." He said just as Sara stepped in the door looking her usual flawless self, wearing a hot pink maternity dress.

He heard Breezy's gasp before he turned to see the shocked and hurt look cross her beautiful face.

He was fucked.

"Well, what do we have here?" Sara purred as she slung her long dark tresses. "It seems as if we've been here before. Breezy isn't it? That is your name right?" She questioned as she rubbed her hands across a very pregnant belly.

"Sara, what the hell?" He said taking in her tanned smug face. He turned to face Breezy and notice the moment her eyes frosted over and he had lost her again. "Breezy it's not what you think. She's--"

She waved him off with a dismissive hand. "It's no problem." She said coolly as she quickly moved passed him to the door before he could make a grab for her. "And you can trust that this moment will never happen a third time."

"Breezy! Stop! Breezy!" He yelled after her retreating back as she made her way down the hall to the main dining area. He ran a few strides to catch her but knew that he couldn't cause a scene and force her to stay.

Shit!  

How the hell had this happened. He slammed his palm against the side of the wall as he walked back into his office. He had to fix this. He would fix this. But first he had to deal with his crazy ex-wife who continued to make his life hell.

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.