Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry for the delay. This is only part of Chapter 5. The rest will be posted on tomorrow. 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 5

 

Jace took a deep breath and counted to ten. He had to pull some strength from someplace. Sara Philips was a force to be reckoned with and any sign of weakness would be exploited. 

He really didn't have time to deal with this. What he wanted was to find Breezy and force her to listen to him. Well, he wanted more than that, but listening to him would be a start.

He pressed his fingers to his lips, remembering her kiss. He could still feel her soft lips and taste her sweet mouth.

He groaned inwardly as he felt himself harden again at the mere thought of her. Just the sight of her had reduced him to his primitive self. Breezy did effortlessly what other women spent a lifetime trying to do. Her presence in a room drew everyone to her. She was beauty and innocence in its simplest for and he wanted her, he wanted to claim her and he would. But this time, he wouldn't let her go.

First he had to get his affairs in order.

Jace turned to look at his office door and knew what awaited him. He was pissed. Sara, had the uncanny ability to sense when he was feeling remotely good about anything.  She would then, swoop in, wreak havoc on his entire existence and  walk away as beautifully flawless as she walked in.

She'd caused him nothing but misery and heartbreak over the last six plus years of his life. What had initially started off as fun and the occasional good time had tuned into hell. She'd unleashed the dogs of war on his ass and she wasn't taking any prisoners. But he had news for her this time, where he'd capitulated and let her have her way in his moments of weakness, he'd never let it happen again.

He was more determined than ever to get Breezy back and nothing or no one was going to keep him from it.

"What do you want Sara?" Jace questioned as he walked past her and sat at his desk. He felt the beginnings of a headache coming on. He needed to get her out of here and find Breezy.

"Have you forgotten how much I love Jazz?" She asked as she smiled prettily at him. "It's how we met remember?"

He continued to stare blankly at her. He wasn't taking her trip down memory lane. "Again, what do you want?"

"I'm here to see the band. Paul is the best"

"Then by all means, go enjoy the show." He waved her to the door. "And close the door behind you."

She took a seat on the opposite side of his desk as if he hadn't spoken.

"You know, every Friday that I'm here, I expect you to walk out on that stage, pick up the mic and seduce the room with that voice of yours. And every Friday, I'm disappointed that you're not here. Until tonight."

"I'm a very busy person. I don't have the time nor the inclination to sing and I don't have time for pointless conversations. Now, since we've cleared that up, you can leave." He said dryly. He wanted her gone.

"But you've got the time to entertain her?" She questioned and he bristled. "I come here every Friday and I have never seen you here. I'm always told that you don't work on Friday's. But when your little chocolate drop show up, you magically appear."  

 "That's enough." He said through gritted teeth. She was skating on thin ice. He was glad that he was sitting behind his desk. She had better thank her lucky stars that she was woman. Had she been a man, she'd be picking her teeth up for that statement. And her present condition was keeping him from physically removing her.

"You never have time for me or our son."

"Your son."

"We were married."

"A decision that I regret every day of my damn life. You do not want to go there with me Sara. Your lies and your deceit cost me everything that I've ever cared about. You've taken enough from me."

"What is it about her? There was a line wrapped around the damn building of people waiting to get in here and she just walks in ahead of everyone like she owns the damn place."

"She does!" He slammed his hand on the desk and stood to his feet. "She's everything that you're not. And if you ever---"

Paul burst into his office with sax still around his neck. "What the fuck did you do to her?" His eyes were wild and trained solely on him. "She just got here and already you're screwing up. I promised you a ass kicking and I'm here to deli…" he paused as his eyes landed on Sara for the first time. "…ver. What the hell?" He turned questioning eyes to him.

Sara stood up and approached Paul, plastering a smile on her face. "I liked you Paul. I always thought that you and Breezy should be together. " She said as she looked over her shoulder at Jace before she continued. "Someone should defend her honor. God knows she won't get it from him." She said as she pointed a manicured finger back at Jace. "Oh, and great show. You're the best" She said as she leaned up on her tiptoes to place a kiss on his cheek before walking out.

They were both stunned to silence. What had they just witnessed.






Chapter End Notes:

Up next. Breezy!!

Thanks for reading. I really appreciate it. Please continue to let me know what you think. It helps me move forward. More tomorrow

Yevette







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.