Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Much FEEDBACK YOU GUYS! THANKS!




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


     She watched as the horns blew of celebration. She grinned with her head held high, as she was proud of her people. They made a mark in history with triumph after they took the West Nile for their own. Her hair was in one long braid over her shoulder, as she wore a white sheered dress with a gold belt hanging  elegantly around her waist. Her mother, Merriki, wore the same only the crown on her head was pinned with gold beads and pearls. She always envied her mother for her green eyes, for she was magnificently beautiful. Her father couldn't have picked out a gorgeous bride as her. Her father sat in his royal chair with a small smile. He was prideful in his victory. Kira wished that she could've gone to battle with them, but after injuring herself her father wouldn't allow it. She still had a faded scar on the side of her thigh. She wore the scar with dignity and was proud of it. Kira looked to the side at her brother who accompanied her father in battle. Keitou wore a huge toothy smile on his handsome face. He was usually the humorous one, but when it was time to be serious his whole attitude would switch to an invincible warrior.

   The drumming and horns finally seized as her father stood to speak...Great Ruler Kladon...King of Nubia.

"My people, there is much to celebrate this evening. I would first off like to honor my brother and commander of our strong legion, Melcha Jubaii." The people cheered and chanted at the brave uncle of Keitou and Kira. "Also to my first born son ...Prince Keitou, who fought as fierce as any lion and quickly than any viper." The crowd cheered again, only this time a little louder. Kira rolled her eyes, for she knew that many of the Nubian women wanted Keitou for their cold beds...however, he loved another.

     Kira looked to her brother as he bowed his head to the servant girl. Fatimah was her name.

Kira nudged her brother on the rib. He only chuckled and continued to give his attention to the guests.

"I'd also would like to give my gratitude to the ones who have fallen. I say...we will see all you in the afterlife soon." Kladon said. "But for now...we celebrate our victory from defeating the Egpytian filth!" He said strongly. The crowd, mostly the men, bellowed in pride. "Let us begin!" he shouted again. Immediately the dancers strolled from the golden door. The people quickly moved to the sides and out of the way. The drums played rapidly in a rhythmic echoe. The whole palace reverberated under their feets as the dancers stomped, skipped, and clapped their hands in praise.

   Kira fondled her green beatle pendant that her mother gave her.

"If you keep playing with that little sista, it might break." Keitou pointed out.

"If you keep lusting after the dancers like you are doing now, Fatimah will break you." she spat.

Keitou giggled. "It is only a pun little sista. You should enjoy yourself this day. I hear father has a suprise to tell all of us."

Kira turned to him. "What do you think it is?"

"I don't know, but he said it was of great importance...if I overheard correctly it was about you." He said. Kira's eyes lit up.

"Maybe he's going to reign me commander over the left fleet." she said with a smile.

Keitou looked at her and chuckled. "You are one strange woman, little sista. However, I can't explain how proud of a brotha I am for having a sibling such as you."

"Are you going sentimental on me Keitou?" Kira teased.

"No, never that." they both chuckled. "Oh look it's Akuh and Akisou." Keitou said as he looked over.

"Yes...why are they here? I thought they went back to the village."

He shrugged. "Probably wanted to see the festivities. However, I will say I am still the most handsome."

Kira snorted. "Oh, please Keitou...don't tell me you are threated by someone like Akisou."

"Well I am, and if he even looks at Fatimah..."

"Calm down Keitou, if his father even thought once that Akisou wanted a servant, he would have his head on a spear."

"You are right. Speaking of spear..." he said turning his head toward Fatimah. "Mine is beginning to rise."

Kira looked at him in disgust. "Mention such things to me ever again Keitou I will forget you are my brother and will be forced to cause you damage."

Keitou laughed and wrapped his arm around Kira's shoulder. "Oh little sista, it will happen to you one day...or whenever the day you stop trying to kill every man who wants you for his own."

Kira shrugged. "I doubt that will ever happen." she said.

He chuckled. "Well to each it's own. I shall be back." he said as he walked away. Kira rolled her eyes at her brother as she glanced to see the lovers leave the room. Merriki glared at her son and only sat back in her chair.

"Ah Akuh!" Kladon said proudly, as he hugged his second in command. "How are you my brotha?"

"Fantastic, now that we've beaten those animals. I must say that I am suprised that you are going through with this arrangement."
 
Kira switched her head to her father and Akuh. Her eyebrows furrowed in the meaning. Kladon noticed, but only ignored her confusion.

"Anything to keep this generation alive, yes?" He said, as he stood once more. He held his hands up and everyone immediately went silent.

Kira looked to her mother for an explanation. Merriki sighed and continued to look forward.

"People of Nubia! I have gathered all of you here this night to brew and to celebrate our victory over the Pharoah. However, there is such a topic more important than battle." Kira watched her father closely as he continued with his speech. "From my father Rayi and his father before him...and from my mate Merriki and her mother before her. We bind together and created new generations from my own seed. In order to keep this Kingdom strong and invincible in the eyes of Ra, I have given my blessing for Akuh's brave son Akisou, for my daughter, Kira's hand in marriage."

   Everyone cheered in gratitude and happiness.


    Kira didn't. Even with the triumphant sounds of the drum and horns echoing through the palace, her mind was blank and enraged.

Everything went quiet suddenly as Akisou made his way towards Kira. He bowed his head to the young Queen to be.

"Kira of Nubia...it is an honour to be your life mate and to rule this kingdom alongside of you." he said. He fixed his mane as he stood back up to look at her.

Kira looked to her father before she screamed.

"Father, may I have words?"

"Not now Kira, this is your engagement party, so enjoy it." He whispered dangerously. Kladon rose back up and clapped. Everyone did the same. Kira's templed started to heat up, she turned her left and walked out of the royal party.

 

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

Hope you enjoyed!







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.