Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Chapter One

 

Tangled Between the Sheets

 

 

Kaila Langley's hazel brown eyes glanced around the table of the semi-crowed dining room of the Japanese Steakhouse and smiled at her two best friends of the last eleven year. The girls had met when she Canada and Jordan were taking a summer pre-term college course at Husson and they had become inseparable. Sitting there, she was suddenly taken back to one of the last times she'd been at the restaurant with her girls. It was the day she finally decided to quit her job and start in a new direction, she had been quiet as usual the entire night, not sure if or when she was going to tell them. A part of her was nervous of what their reactions might be but another part of her didn't care what they thought which was why she had pretty much tuned them and everything around them out trying to figure out what she was going to do. It had been the out spoken and pushy twenty-seven year old blond Canada Oceans who had pulled her out of her thoughts with her latest dilemma of juggling more than one men at a time. Kaila closed her eyes and shook her head at the thought of that night and the disagreement they had separated them for a brief time, it seemed like a lifetime ago but Kaila could recall the conversation as if it had happened yesterday.

 

"I decided to quit my job this morning." Kaila remembered saying when Jordan asked what was wrong with her. She remembered her stomach fluttering as she pulled in a lungful of air at the stunned expressions on her two best friend's faces, as they comprehended what she had said for the mere two seconds it took for them to react.

 

"So what you're saying is that you found a better position in another company?" The twenty-six year old curly brown haired sassy beauty Jordan Summerland asked certain that that was the case because Kaila was the responsible one out of the three of them and she wouldn't be that stupid or careless to quit her job without having a backup plan that was something Canada would do.

 

"No, not at the moment."

 

Canada and Jordan shared a what the hell are you thinking glance before turning back toward their friend. "Kaila what the hell is wrong with you? Are you crazy out of your mind? Why on earth would possess you to quit your damn job knowing that you don't have another one? I know your boss was a witch but come on Kaila what were you thinking?" Canada asked as Jordan nodded her head in agreement. "How, Kaila?  How are you supposed to pay your car note or your student loan? Hell! What about all of your other bills for that matter if you don't have an income?"

 

"I'm not crazy Canada, and I know what I'm doing." She responded, struggling to keep her voice at a monotone level, the two were sitting across from her acting as if she was stupid her house was paid for and she only had six months left on her car actually three considering that she paid a month and a half on just about every payment since she bought it. Her last paycheck would cover the last payment on her student loan and as for as her other bills she had savings not to mention the hefty amount of money in her emergency fund that her grandmother had left her after her death.

 

"Seriously Kaila, I just don't understand how you could just up and quit your only source of income without a backup? Quitting your job was a big mistake you're not some flaky little teenager with no responsibilities." Jordan finally voiced adding her two cents.

 

Kaila sat there as long as she could as the two of them went on and on about how foolish her decision was. She could feel the pressure building in her chest and she couldn't help but think that maybe it was time to take a step back for a while because clearly the two most important people in her life didn't know her at all and definitely wasn't going to support her decision. "And you call yourselves my friends if you were really my friends you would have my back regardless of what I do, but you know what I really don't care what you two think anymore." Kaila said as she tossed the linen napkin onto the table pushed herself back from it and stood up grabbing her purse in the process as she walked off.

 

Now here they were a few months well more like six months later sitting in the same restaurant after a long brake from each other. There had been nothing better than their monthly girl's night out to catch up on or celebrate what was going on in their individual lives and she missed it. However, this one would be a whole hell of a lot better than the last one, because she and her girls had a lot to celebrate. Canada had been promotion to executive editor at the upscale magazine she worked at after their last get together and Jordan had been announced second grade teacher of the year. And as for as Kaila, she just started a new job as a project executive for LMC one of the leading advertisement agencies in Portland Main that very week. As the three of them sat around the table, enjoying what was left of their meals and now causal conversation, Canada looked from Jordan to Kaila. "You're really quiet all of a sudden, what else is going on with you Kaila?"

 

Kaila giggled and shook her head. "Nothing else is going on with me just loving life and my new job." She replied as her mind suddenly drifted back to earlier that morning when she saw him, he was standing at the elevators a gorgeous piece of eye candy dressed in a black Armani suit that hung perfectly on him and she had no doubt it was tailored made to fit him like a glove. His striking green eyes were mesmerizing brought out even more by the hunter green tie he was wearing. Kaila couldn't help staring as her eyes traveled over the length his body; she drunk in every inch of him like the ocean swallowed the sea, and sexy would be a grave understatement of what the man standing there was. Tall and muscular, his short dirty blonde hair was slightly spiked and disarrayed above his head. His jaw was covered in just that perfect amount of day old scruff that she found sexy as hell on certain man and he was one of them that wore it well without a doubt all of which brought out the light olive tone in his skin. The man was definitely something she could get use to looking at on a daily bases clothed or naked she thought burning the images that was him into her mind. Kaila bit her bottom lip as her eyes drifted further south just below his belt imaging how he would feel buried deep between her thighs as he had his way with her. God he was beautiful she thought as her eyes started to drift back up the length of his body suddenly her jaw dropped when she caught his eye, he was now staring at her with a devious crooked smile as though he had just read her mind and her dirty little thoughts. Kaila smiled coyly tucking a strain of hair that seemed to have broken free from captivity behind her ear; she shifted her gaze toward the elevator thinking he was the kind of man that would make any woman bend to her strongest wills. "DAMN! He's a fine ass white boy," she muttered under her breath.

 

"Well Kaila?"

 

Kaila shook her head as Jordan's soft voice brought her back to the present. "Sorry, what?"

 

"Who's a fine ass white boy? Damn girl! Where did you go? J was asking if there were any cute sexy guys at your new job and apparently there are."

 

"Not really," she lied cute wouldn't come close to what the man was. "But I haven't seen everyone that works in the building there are twelve floors, why Jordan are you ready to finally trade in that Yugo for a Mercedes?" Kaila chuckled getting the focus off her. Jordan's current boyfriend Matt couldn't stand her or Canada well especially Canada he thought she was a bad influence on Jordan and she would always get in his face when it came to her girl and his chauvinistic views about women.

 

"Ha, Ha, Ha, and No!" Jordan replied with a little attitude as she gave her the evil eye. "I was hoping that you saw something appetizing."

 

"I'm not there to find something appetizing Jordan. I'm there to work, and besides you know I don't date within the work place anyone who does is just asking for drama with a capital D."

 

"Well you need some drama Kaila because..." Canada chuckled and looked over at Jordan with a smirk she knew Kaila hated. "If you don't get that shit taken care of soon it's going to dry up and turn into something that has been sitting in the sun to long, you know what I mean. How long has it been again?"

 

"Just because I'm not getting it like the nympho in this group doesn't mean I don't get any."

 

"Okay don't go getting all testy," Canada replied pointing and circling a perfectly manicured fingernail at her knowing Kaila was basically the good girl of their little threesome and did nothing wrong without consulting her list of rules first. "I'm just saying you really need to get some."

 

Kaila rolled her eyes. "Whatever Canada," she muttered and took a long sip of the ice tea that was sitting in her hand glad that she only had to hear this once a month when they got together for dinner. The three of them had agreed a long time ago that this was the only time they could bring up her lack of not getting any Canada's overindulgent of getting to much and Jordan need to get rid of the leeching ass she was sleeping with.

 

"Hey?" Canada muttered. "Now that we've got our monthly bashing and dinner out of the way I was wondering if you ladies wanted to go and finish celebrating at First Fridays, because its lady's night." The blond haired blue-eyed beauty said in a sing, song voice as she popped her fingers ready to get her party on.

 

Feeling the need for a dance and a drink Jordan looked to Kaila knowing that she would find an excuse not to come. "I'm in, what about you Kaila? And don't go giving us that excuse about having to work in the morning because you really don't have a choice, we're not taking no for an answer."

 

"Umm...it's not an excuse Jordan I do have to work and so do you two."

 

"Come on Kai don't be a prude, we only do this once or twice a month so let's just go out kick up are heels and have some fun, you know you want to."

 

"I'm not being a prude," she giggled knowing that they would just nag her until she said yes. "Okay fine but I'm taking my own car, you two are not doing me like you did last time, and I'm only staying until midnight, twelve thirty at the latest."

 

"Okay fine Miss, Prudie, prude." Canada said as she picked up her credit card and the receipt from the table. She stood up watching as the other two women followed her lead before heading out of the restaurant. "Kai Just please meet us at the club at ten."

 

"I don't think prudie is a word Canada." Jordan giggled as they exited the foyer headed straight for the parking lot.

 

"Whatever Jordan," Canada rolled her eyes and snapped back as she and Jordan walked in one direction and Kaila in the other. "Ten o'clock Kai."

 

"I know Canada!" Kaila called over her shoulder laughing at her friend as she headed for her car.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.