Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is a work of fiction. Places and people are created and don’t depict any real life situations.

Coprolalia- is a symptom of certain Tourette’s in some cases where a person has verbal outbursts.

 

The term soul mate is used in reference to both Trey and Julian relationship along with Jean-Luc and Jean-Pierre. Trey x Julie x Julian and Jean-Luc x Tiffany x Jean-Pierre have a more traditional soul mate type relationship. In terms of Trey and Julian its platonic and more a perfect union of minds. My real life best friend was explaining how this was possible. I didn’t really get it but it fit into my story.  




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

“Come on gurlllllll, you need to have some fun!!!”

Julie dropped her pencil knowing she wouldn’t be able to get anything done until Jenna left. “Enough Jen, I’m not going and that’s final.” she tried her hardest to keep the annoyance and irritation she felt out of her voice. She knew that Jenna was just trying to be friendly but she was in no mood to deal with another one of Jenna’s schemes.

“You’re so antisocial. All you’ve done since you came to university is study. You’re defeating the whole purpose of being here!”

Julie turned in amazement and stared wide eyed at the strange creature standing in front of the mirror, she stood there in a short barely there black dress and six inch heels that were to die for. The look on her face told Julie all she needed to know, Jenna was being totally serious.

As Julie watched her she wondered for the millionth time how she ended up rooming with a person who was her complete opposite. As far as Julie knew Jenna hadn’t attended a single class since the semester began 2 months ago, whereas Julie hadn’t missed one and she even went to some that she hadn’t registered for.  

Julie shook her head and turned her focus back to her Parasitology text book. “That’s the purpose of university Jenna!” Julie said no longer hiding the irritation she felt.

“Not when you’re old and alone it’s not. This is prime husband finding time and I plan to be hitched by the time we graduate…..Oh and don’t wait up” Jenna said as she kissed at her reflection, grabbed her purse and sashayed out the door.   

Julie rolled her eyes and thanked her lucky stars. She couldn’t deal with Jenna stumbling back in here at 4 in the morning drunk, high and who knows what else. The girl could party but Julie had no doubt she would achieve her marriage goals. Despite Jenna’s wild ways she had a personality and bank account that guaranteed her anything she wanted.

***

Beep beep beep beep.

Julie groaned and slapped at the alarm clock that woke her from the best dream she had ever had. In it she had been at an all you can eat ice cream store. She’d been half way through a super amazing ice cream Sunday deluxe with gummy bears on top when her alarm had gone off. Julie groaned again and threw her sheets off.

She was about to trade her sweet dream for a real nightmare. Getting up she sent up a silent prayer for deliverance and a passing grade. Today was the day of her parasitology finals and nothing but divine intervention was going to help her pass.

4 months. They went by in a flash. Her first term at this university was almost over and she could taste the freedom. She would go home to Jamaica, kick back on a beach and hang with her real friends. She couldn’t wait, but first she had to surmount one more hurdle.

I’m ready she said to herself. She kept repeating it as she ate, dressed and power peddled to her final and most difficult exam of the semester.

*

Julian sat at his usual chair, eating his usual bran muffin and sipping on his usual non-fat latte when something completely unusual happened. The most beautiful woman he had ever seen blazed past the campus café wearing the most brilliant smile. Before he realised it he was already standing with his nose pressed to the window trying to get a glimpse of her or see which way she’d gone.

The unusual part hadn’t been the woman, not really, even though she had looked a little strange. The unusual part had been his reaction to her. As he sank back into his seat he wondered what about her had captivated him so completely. He was used to beautiful things, especially beautiful women. He was surrounded by them and they threw themselves at his feet. He wasn’t cocky, well maybe he was a little cocky, but he knew he was handsome and that coupled with his intellect and bank book guaranteed that he would have no shortage of women at his feet.

He took a sip of his coffee and a bite of his muffin. He tasted nothing. All he could concentrate on was the woman. The woman he wanted so badly but hadn’t even met yet.

“Dude, if you stare any harder your eyes are going to pop out of your head.” Trey sat down and looked over at his best friend and wondered what had happened to mess him up so completely. Julian was the most composed person Trey knew and in his 20 years of friendship with the man, Trey had never seen such an awe struck, intense look on his face.

Julian turned his intense look on his best friend and business partner. “If I wanted to find someone here on campus how would I go about it?”

Trey couldn’t believe it. A single person had managed to get this response out of the impenetrable wall that was Julian McBain. The look on his friends face had Trey squirming, he suddenly felt like he was in a life or death situation. “You can start by asking for the person at the campus registrar, they can usually get you in touch with a pers…” Trey stopped as his response seemed to upset Julian even more.

“I don’t know her name.” was all Julian said as he shuffled the cup in his hand and stared out the window.

A woman. Trey repeated those two words to himself over and over again. A woman was responsible for the shell shocked look on his face. He couldn’t quite believe it. “Then it’s going to be a little harder, I have a sketch artist friend he can help you do a composite and you can get a private investigator to find her.”

Julian turned to face Trey for the first time since he sat down. A small humourless smile creased his lips. “I don’t really know how she looks either.”

Trey’s mouth dropped open. He couldn’t believe it. Julian looked like the proverbial rug had been pulled from under him and he didn’t know even the name or face of the woman who had done it. Trey leaned forward and lifted his hand to take Julian’s temperature. Only a life threatening illness could illicit this kind of behaviour.

“Do it and I break your nose.”

Julian dropped his hand as a small mirthless chuckle escaped. “Then I can’t help you man, you’ve got nothing to go on.”  The waitress carried over his usual order and topped up Julian’s cup.  They sat in silence Trey sipped his coffee and watched Julian. While Julian stared into his coffee like the secret to life was hidden in there.

“Hi boys!” came a soft sultry voice from behind them.

Both men turned to stare at the intruder. They both knew of her, though Trey knew her a little bit better than Julian. “Hi Jenna” they said in unison. Neither of them wanted to deal with the marriage minded girl but from the look on her face she was determined to stay.

“Would you like to join us?” Trey asked. Pouring so much charm in his voice, he hoped it would mask the actual irritation he was feeling.

Her face lit up and Julian couldn’t help but smile. The girl was pretty but pathetic. She was way out of her league and didn’t even know it. He dismissed her presence and stared back into his cup not caring whether she went or stayed.  All he could think about was how he was going to find his mystery girl.

“I would love to but my purple haired roommate is leaving for vacation today. I’m going to ask for a transfer and today’s the only day to do it. She is totally weird, what kind of black girl has purple hair. Not to mention she no fu”

“What’s her name?!!” Julian asked shooting out of his seat. That was it. That’s what had been so unusual about her appearance. Her hair had been a dark purple colour.

Trey looked up at Julian. His mouth hung open and he found it hard to breath. Holy shit was all the only coherent thought he had. He felt sorry for his friend but he felt even worse for the mystery woman. Julian was serous and it was never a good thing when he got serious.

“Why?” Jenna asked a pout on her face and displeasure in her voice.

Julian did a mental eye roll but kept his face neutral. “She splashed slush on me this morning. She was in a rush and didn’t seem to notice. She ruined my Cartier watch.” He said lifting his hand to show the gold and diamond time piece.

Jenna did a quick little intake of breath that said plenty about her. Julian continued “I just wanted to speak to her about the damage done. It was a little thing but I can’t let the matter slide.” The lie slipped easily off his tongue. He was all too aquatinted with the look on the young woman’s face. It was jealousy pure and simple. She didn’t like her roommate and Julian used that to his advantage.

Trey lifted his cup and used it to hide his smile. Julian was a master manipulator and watching him in action was always amusing. The girl was playing right into his hand and she was too lust struck to see it. “Let it go, man.” Trey said aiding his friends cause.

“If I did then, people would think they can mess around with me. She pays and she will pay big.” Julian sent a sideway look to Trey. That was all that needed to pass between them. That look was a thanks and an indicator to help out more. Jenna was crumbling she just needed a little push.

“It’s just a watch.” Trey mumbled under his breath. They watched as Jenna smiled. They both hid smiles, they had won their little game and even though Trey didn’t know what the prize was. He was sure life was about to get interesting.

 Jenna looked on Trey and then her eyes moved to the man standing beside him. “Her name is Julie Xaing, if you can believe it. Who gives their kid an old ass name like Julie?” a smug look was on her face, like she had just won some great battle and was about to claim her prize. “Oh and by the way, you are?”

“Keith, Keith Kain. Weird I know but that’s what the folks stuck me with.” Julian had been tempted to tell her his real name but that wouldn’t have served any purpose. Julie and Julian. The world was weird and he couldn’t help smiling at that fact.

Trey chuckled at the shit eating grin on Julian’s face. From the calculating look on Jenna’s face he was sure she thought that look was for her. Trey should have been slightly insulted since he had been seeing/fucking Jenna for a couple of weeks now but in truth he was relieved. Jenna was looking for her forever after bank account and it was clear she thought “Keith Kain” was better off than “Robert Henny”

It wasn’t true off course since neither Keith Kain nor Robert Henny were real people. They were assumed names that the two billionaires were using while on campus.

A thoughtful look crossed Jenna’s face and it caused a sinking feeling in Julian’s stomach.  “I’m not sure if it’s going to be possible for you to get compensation. Visitors aren’t allowed on dorm today and Julie is leaving for whatever hole she crawled out of.”

Julian felt his body tense up. He wanted to lash out at Jenna and defend Julie but he couldn’t so instead he let a slightly angry look appear on his face. “What do you mean?” he asked. He knew that Jenna would assume his tense and angry look was because he wasn’t going to get his just compensation.

“She’s leaving for the Caribbean today, won’t be back until next semester.” Jenna delivered the news and looked between who she thought was Keith and Robert, clearly trying to determine which one to pursue.

Trey looked on her expression and realised he hadn’t dodge the bullet just yet. He looked on Julian and preyed his friend could keep it together a little longer. A smile suddenly appeared on Julian’s face that shocked Trey.

 “That’s fine,” he said sitting back down “I never forget a debt. I can wait till next semester to collect.” Julian turned in his seat and looked up at Jenna. “Sorry you have something else to do and couldn’t join us.”

The mesmerised look that Jenna had when she looked at Julian and Trey disappeared and in its place mild panic appeared. “Shit I don’t want to be stuck rooming with that Jamaican trash for another semester.” Jenna quickly turned to leave, missing the look of disdain that appeared on both men’s faces.

“Jenna,” Julian called out. She stopped dead in her tracks and turned to face him, a hopeful expression on her face. “I hope to see you next semester and let’s keep this between ourselves. It’s more fun that way.”

Jenna’s face looked like she was walking on cloud nine. “See you next semester Keith.” She said with a little wave. Turning to Trey she put on a seductive smile “Call me Rob.” She turned and left, her stride was bold as if she had conquered the world.

“Well that was interesting, just an observations and few question.” Trey picked up his coffee and took a sip of the now lukewarm drink. “First were not going to be here next semester. Second is that woman stupid? Third what on earth is up with you?”

Julian pushed his cup away and resumed staring out the window. He wasn’t sure what was happening but he couldn’t wait to actually meet Julie. “I know were not going to be her next semester but that bimbo doesn’t need to know it. To answer your first question that woman thinks she can have her cake and eat it too. She thinks she can play both of us, which makes her even dumber than she looks.” He paused his mini tirade and thought for a second. “Honestly I can’t answer the last question. She blazed past her on a bicycle like the hounds of hell were chasing her. She had a smile on her face that made my heart speed up. I have never been so captivated by anything.”

Trey couldn’t believe it and he couldn’t wait to meet Julie. She had to be one special woman to get playboy Julian to look like that. “So what’s your next move?”

“Nothing, I’m not going to do anything. She is going to come to me.” Julian leaned back as his plan started to finalize in his head.

*

Julie peddled as fast as her legs could take her. This was it… she was going home for Christmas. She was getting away from the freezing cold weather and the even colder people.

Jamaica. When she had gotten to the opportunity to leave the island she was sure she would never look back. It had always been her opinion that the country and society were too small for her and that they didn’t suit her slightly weird personality. The people were great, there was no greater time to be had than in Jamaica but they were closed minded and often judgmental or that’s what she had thought until she met the truly rich and prestigious, the upper echelon of  Washington, the true blue bloods of America.

The University was small privately funded and represented the best education money could buy. The tuition alone could bail out the economy of a small country. The class sizes were minute and the curriculum was specially tailored to suit each student’s needs. You graduated with a degree that you picked and designed. Individual attention was an understatement, the most students a class had was 20 and one on one tutoring was the norm. Harvard, Yale, Columbia were thought to be second rate schools in comparison.

Julie still couldn’t believe she was here and the chain of events that led to her being here were even stranger. She shook her head slightly as she spotted the dorms in the distance.

Yep, life was good. She could taste the mannish water, curry goat, bbq chicken and other delicacies that were sure to be a part of the annual Christmas meal.

Nothing could ruin Julie’s mood, not even her bitch ass roommate.

In a few hours she would be on a beach with her bestie, staring at half naked men.

*

Jenna couldn’t believe her luck. Her life was truly a blessing. Keith and Robert. Two of the finest men she had ever seen and they both wanted her. As a plus Keith wanted to knock that Jamaican bitch down a few pegs.

Yes life was good. And from how Keith was looking at her life was going to get even better.

Jenna wasn’t stupid she had felt Robert pulling away from her. He loved the sex but every time she wanted to move their relationship forward he moved back. She knew she shouldn’t rush him and that he was scared of commitment with such a wonderful woman. But she couldn’t wait around for him forever.

She would marry Keith and keep Robbie on the side

*

Julian looked down at New York. He loved the city, it was full of life and had so many mysteries and secrets. It suited him well.

At thirty he was king of his kingdom and he had just found his Queen.

Aurora Chang now named Julie Xaing. She went from a middle class Jamaican citizen to a multi-millionaire overnight.

He knew every detail about her life and yet he didn’t know anything about her.

That fact would soon change though. He would make sure of it.

She was the one, Julian was sure of it.

*

Trey supported his weight with his arms as he increased the speed of his thrusts. The woman beneath him clawed at his arms, her head thrown back and her eyes closed as she panted uncontrollably.

He was close to cumming he felt his balls tighten and his trusts became frantic. He ejaculated with a growl. The woman beneath him screamed as another orgasm swept through her.

He rolled off of her, fully sated. His thoughts moved off of her and drifted to another woman, a woman who was just a name in a folder but captivated him none the less.

The minute Trey saw her picture he had marched into Julian’s office. Unable to restrain himself he had commented on her perfection and demanded to be let into his plans. Julian hadn’t even objected, he just nodded and smiled.

She was the one, Trey was sure of it.

*

Jenna panted unable to catch her breath. She was still on a magnificent high. Sex with Robert left her buzzed and exhausted.

She knew she rocked his world, he was silent beside her. Reaching over she rubbed her palm against his chest. “What you thinking about baby?” she asked her voice low and sultry.

“This is over.”

Jenna couldn’t believe her ears, she was sure she had misheard. “What?” she asked too stunned to come up with anything better.

She watched as he rolled of the bed and dragged the condom off his flaccid dick. He went into the bathroom and she heard the toilet flush. He re-emerged and started pulling on his clothes.

“It was nice fucking you while it lasted.” He said and then he was gone.

Jenna was too stunned to say a word. She didn’t even notice when he left the room. 

***

Here we go again. That’s all Julie could think as she pulled her luggage behind her. Another frantic school year, another lonely 5 months. Another roommate to get acquainted with. Another sexless semester. Another semester with the world’s richest pricks.

She couldn’t wait.

Julie’s Christmas break had been normal. She craved the normalcy, the minute she boarded the plane. She missed her brother ragging on her, she missed her mother hovering, she missed her best friend grilling her for details.

Her life hadn’t changed since she got her inheritance, though that was probably because the only person who knew was her mother. Everyone had been shocked by her sudden name change but most of her family had chalked it up to the same ridiculous phase that had prompted her to dye her hair purple.

Little did they know it had been one of the wills many stipulations. Another had been to come to this university.

The people at this university didn’t understand why she was here. There even was a rumour that she was a scholarship kid. Julie was pretty sure that the schools administration didn’t even know what a scholarship was.

Two things had gotten Julie into this school. The fact that her grades were impeccable and the fact that her named had been on the registration list the moment she was born.

Life had been a world wind ride since the solicitor had shown up on her door step a year ago. He had handed her a letter and a will. Both had given her a fresh start in life.

Julie shivered and quickened her pace. It was still winter and she was still attuned to Caribbean weather, which basically ran hot all year round. She didn’t like the cold never had and never would.

Opening the door to the dorm she breathed a sigh of relief as the warm air moved over her. Pulling the door closed behind her she moved over to the reception desk.

“Hey Tiff, what room am I in?” Tiff was the only cool person at the school as far as Julie was concerned. Tiff had certain problems that made her a turn off to others but completely awesome to Julie.

Tiff looked up and tossed a set of keys. “You got room 18. No one is willing to room with you so it’s all yours. I will catch up with you later, I’m swamped right now”

“Later” Julie said over her shoulder as she walked towards her room. She wasn’t shocked that no one wanted to room with her. After all Jenna had gone around after a certain incident and made every one think she was a nasty, whore. Just thinking about it still made her blood boil. Julie looked up and groaned. “Speak of the devil.” She muttered under her breath. Jenna stood in front of her door a look of malice on her face. “You’re blocking me”

Jenna pushed her weight off the door and moved towards Julie. “Heard no one wanted to room with you,” she said, her voice containing a lot of bitterness.

“What’s it to you?” Julie asked as she stepped pass and pushed the key in the lock. Turning it she pushed open the door and then froze. Sitting on her desk was a bunch of roses and boxes containing jewellery were all over the room. An assortment of dresses were laid out on the bed, purses of every style were piled on the chairs and the left side of the room was lined with shoes. An old man moved and Julie jumped. She bumped into Jenna who had been standing close behind her. Regaining her balance she turned to the old man and asked “What’s all this?”

The man bowed at the waist. “You have been invited to the annual Yule Ball.” The old man shifted his coat and removed an envelope, stepping forward he handed it to her, bowed and then stepped back.

The Yule Ball! Julie’s face betrayed nothing. She was too shocked to form an expression. The Yule Ball was the social event of the century. It was right up the with the queens gala. Kings, queens, princesses and other such gentry from around the world went and then a select few of the obscenely wealthy among the rich were invited.

“I think you have the wrong room.” Jenna chimed in from behind Julie. “The invitation couldn’t have been meant for this gutter rat. Perhaps you were supposed to be in room 19.”

Julie didn’t even take offence to Jenna’s insult. She couldn’t she was almost sure Jenna was right, not about the gutter rat part but about the invitation being given to the wrong person. “I think you may have the wrong person.”

The old man smiled. “No Miss Xaing, I am most certainly in the right room. You have been invited as the plus one of Mr McBain and are asked to bring a plus one for Mr Hamilton.”

Julie cut off whatever more the man had been about to say. “Which McBain? Which Hamilton? The McBain and Hamilton?”

Jenna let a whimper that sounded akin to the one a wounded dog would make.

The old man smiled. “I am not sure who “The McBain and Hamilton” are but I am referring to Julian McBain and Trey Hamilton of Python Enterprises.” He paused and removed a non-existent crease in his jacket. “As I was saying, you have been provided with jewellery, shoes and dresses to choose from. You and your friend may choose to wear any of the items or none of them. Both Mr McBain and Mr Hamilton are aware that they have given you and whom so ever you choose to accompany you short notice and as such are making things as easy on you as possible in the hope that you won’t say no. The ball is scheduled for tomorrow, a spa day, make-up and hair appointment are scheduled for in the morning. Should you decided that none of the clothes and accessorise provided are to your liking there are several designers on standby with other options. Mr McBain and Mr Hamilton insisted that I made it clear that you are in no way obligated to accept and are in fact free to decline. All the clothes and accessories provided are yours to keep, you may also attend any of the appointments scheduled even if you decide not to attend the event. In the instance where you and your friend decide to attend I will pick you up at 8 and deliver you to the ball. The clothes and accessories are yours, if you do not want them feel free to dispose of them in a manner of your choosing”

Julie was shell shocked. It was if a bomb had gone off inside her. She looked around the room and stared at the old man waiting for the punch line or for him to decide he was actually in the wrong room. Julie noticed a crowed had started to form as all the girls stared around the room in shock. Jenna had a look that was a cross between a bull about to charge and a woman who had lost the love of her life. Julie reached out and grabbed Tiff who had come to see what the commotion was about. She pulled the stunned girl into the room and slammed the door in the faces of the others who had gathered. She locked the door and turned back to the surreal scene.

“This is my plus one if I decide to go.” She said pointing at Tiff “How long do I get to decide?”

The old man bowed to Tiff and spoke once more. “I will be here at 8 to bring you to the Yule Ball, I will remain for 30mins. If neither you nor your friend appear I will take it to mean one or both of you have declined”

“I’ll be there” Tiff said. Julie looked down at her a shocked look on her face. Tiff turned to Julie “Sorry, but this is a once in a life time opportunity. I’m not going to overanalyse it. I have had cruel jokes played on me and this could be another one of them but just in case it isn’t I won’t hesitate.” Tiff made a huffing noise after she made her point and surveyed the room. “It looks like your all set in the clothes department. I need to go find something to wear and then get a hair appointment.”

“Nope” Julie said.

“What do you mean nope?” Tiff asked before Julie could continue. “What I can’t go with you now huh? Now that I’m determined to…”

“Simmer down Tiffany,” Julie screamed cutting off Tiff’s rant. She realised that the small red headed woman hadn’t been around for the old man’s speech. “All this stuff isn’t mine. It’s ours….to keep…permanently…that and a spa, hair and make-up appointment tomorrow. And if there is nothing her we deign to wear there are “designers” waiting for us to choose something else.” Julie could help but do air quotes over the word designers. Tiff’s expression changed again as she looked around the room in a new light.

“I can go, even without her right?” Tiff asked the old man.

“Yes,” he replied “You are free to attend any of the appointments and Ball without the company of Miss Xaing. Miss….?

“Oh my god,” Julie explained a look of horror on her face. “I’m so sorry I have been acting so rude. Forgive me. First off call me Julie or Aurora which ever you choose. No one calls me miss Xaing not even me.” Julie extended her hand to the old man. He shook it even as she continued speaking. Secondly this is my friend Tiffany Spence.”  

Tiff reached out her hand a small smile on her lips. “Hi, Call me Tiff” she said 

“And you are?” they asked in unison. Both the girls and the old man laughed.

“My name is James Heathcliff and you may choose to call me whatsoever you please.” James looked down at his watch and made a face. “You must excuse me ladies I am late. I was supposed to pick up Mr McBain and Mr Hamilton a minuite ago.”

“Wait,” Julie called as James moved to leave the room “why me?” she asked.

“That is explained in the letter,” he said before pulling open the letter and stepping into the gaggle of waiting girls who no doubt had pressed their ears to the door. He pulled the door closed as he was swallowed by the crowed.

 The resounding click seemed so final that Julie sank to the floor suddenly exhausted. She lifted the envelope up and stared at it as if the envelope alone could answer her questions.

“Hurry up and read it!” Tiff said as she leaned over Julie.

“Hold your horses.” Julie muttered. She pulled the folded paper out. Taking a deep breath she unfolded the customized stationary and began to read. She read the letter three times and still it made no sense to her.

“Well what does it say?” Tiff asked bouncing around the room, literally.

“Nothing really, just that they knew my dad and that they want to meet me. It so weird they answered a few of my questions but now I have a whole new set of them I need answered”

“Well as thrilling as that sounds. It obviously doesn’t affect me. So can I start trying on clothes?” Tiff asked as she picked up a fire red, lace dress.

Julie looked on Tiff like she had grown two heads. She stood up and marched towards Tiff.

Oblivious to Julie’s sudden mood change and approach Tiff continued. “Don’t get me wrong or anything, I really want to know what’s happening but from the cryptic way this is being handled two things are obvious. On is that I’m a third wheel and I will probably be ignored tomorrow. Two is that these guys set things up so that you won’t get any real answers unless you meet them in person. Do you think this suits me?” Tiff asked holding the dress against her body.

All of Julie’s anger was gone. You just couldn’t stay made at Tiff. She was like a ray of sunshine but most people judge her by the scar that dominated the left side of her face and the fact that she had mild Tourette’s and coprolalia. “Try it on and let’s see, we might as well start dividing up the stuff.”

“You do know it all yours right?” Tiff asked even as she shimmied in the dress. “They didn’t send any of this for me.”

Julie smiled. “I know but I would feel better only keeping some of it and I don’t need all of it, so help yourself.” 

Tiff closed her eyes, clasped her hands and fell to her knees.

“What are you doing?” Julie asked

“I’m thanking God that I had the amazing fore sight to throw coffee on you and call you a stupid cunt six months ago.”

Both women smiled as she remembered how they met.

There was a resounding knock on the door, it drew both women out of their memories. “That looks nice but it blends a little too much with your hair.” Julie said as she moved over to the door. She opened a small space and stuck her head out. “What’s up?” she asked Jenna.

“You can’t seriously plan to bring scar face along with you? This is a …” Jenna didn’t get to continue as the door was slammed in her face.

There was a blood curling scream and then pounding on the door.

Both women looked on each other, shook the heads and said one word together “Jenna.”

*

Heathcliff opened the front of the Rolls Royce and sat down. He shivered slightly at the tension he felt coming from the back of the car.

The windows were tinted so black that no one could see that the back seat of the car was occupied.  

He drove and the silence remained. His employers were brooding and he knew better than to disturb them. Angering them was dangerous and possibly life threatening.

Heathcliff had been pleasantly surprised by Julie Xaing. The woman had seemed quite and for the most part composed. She was not the type of woman he was used to dealing with when it came to his employer. The usual women were models or socialites who knew only too well that they were a convenience and the minute that they weren’t they would be discarded.

One such woman had been Jenna. He had been slightly shocked to see Mr Trey’s former playmate standing so close to his potential wife. Heathcliff had seen the woman on more than one occasion when he dropped off or picked up his employer. The woman had been totally unaware of whose bed she really shared.

Yes wife, Heathcliff had been so shocked when the pronouncement had been made. What had really shocked him more than the title wife was the fact that it was used in reference to one woman by two men.

Heathcliff shock his head. He didn’t know why he bothered being shocked any more. He had served Mr McBain, Julian’s father and basically raised the young Julian. Both he and Trey took great pleasure in shocking people and from the looks of things neither of them intended to stop.

His thought drifted back to Julie and Tiffany. Tiffany was just a smoke screen but contrary to belief she would have a date tomorrow it just wasn’t going to be either Trey or Julian.

Heathcliff sped up. He knew the sooner he got the manor the quicker he could answer his employer questions and get to sweeting up his wives.

*

Julian sat in silence, brooding.

He wanted to ask. He needed to know. It was an unwritten rule that they never discussed anything of importance in the car since it wasn’t secure but the questions about Julie were on the tip of his tongue and they threatened to choke him.

Both Trey and Julian had seen her enter the dorm. She had been pulling a single suitcase behind her and she had doubled over trying her best to fight off the cold.

He had fought off his own impulse, the one that compelled him to walk over and hug her from behind, the one that demanded he approach and share his body heat.

Julian watched Trey’s face and smiled. He was happy. He hadn’t been this happy since he had first met his soul mate. Julian and Trey had met when they were 10. At that time an understanding passed between them after they had fought over who should be the one to hold Missy Darl’s hand. After holding separately they realised it just didn’t feel right, after much deliberation they had decided to hold together, one on her left and one on her right.  

Since then they were inseparable. They talked about what happened that night but much later in life they realised it was a foreshadowing of how the most important relationship of their lives would be. Neither of them had ever been interested in the same woman. Once someone had laid claim the other would completely lose interest and back off.

That was how they knew Julie was special. Neither of them had met her in real life but both of them wanted her so bad they were in a constant state of mental and physical agony.

Julian couldn’t wait to actually touch her, to look in her face and memorize the lines.

Trey was just now realizing why his friend had looked that way in the coffee shop. He had been attracted to her photo, trey could easily admit that but the feeling paled in comparison to the earth shaking experience he had when she stood in front of him. It had taken all his strength not to go over and introduce himself. He had even been so pathetic as to press his face against the window in hopes of getting a better look.

“Step on it……please” Julian growled at Heathcliff

The old man laughed but didn’t accelerate.

Both Trey and Julian growled and leaned back. They knew that it was impossible to get the stupid old man to do anything he didn’t want to. Some days they weren’t even sure who was really in charge.

*

Jenna huffed and stormed away. She couldn’t believe it. That stupid cunt had been invited out by the richest and most eligible bachelors that America had to offer. They were the cream de la cream and next to nothing was known about them.

Everyone knew about their business and more than a few of their private ventures but in the same breath everyone knew that the only things that got out were the things they wanted out there.

Jenna stopped, she closed her eyes and mentally searched her mind for pictures of the two men. She knew about them but hadn’t paid close attention to them or their activities. Even with her families money they were still way out of her league, so she hadn’t paid much attention to them, not to mention they were a little over a decade older than her. She couldn’t for the life of her remember how they looked so she whipped out her phone and Googled them. What she saw had her mouth dropping open and her blood simmering to a boil. 

“NO.NO,NO…………….NO!!!!” she screamed attracting the attention of many people around her. Keith and Robert. The two most gorgeous men she had ever met were also the two richest men. She had let both of them slip through her fingers. Both had resigned suddenly from school and now she knew why, some business must have come up.

Jenna couldn’t figure how Julie fit into this. None of the situations that she came up with in her head explained being invited to the Yule Ball but then she remembered that day at the end of semester. She began to internally gloat, yes, she thought. That must be it. Tomorrow was going to be Julie’s day of reckoning where she would pay for getting on the wrong side of McBain.

She wanted to tell someone about her new discovery. She wanted to gloat to her friends that she was in a relationship with Trey and that Julian was interested in her but she couldn’t. Up on returning to school all students had signed a nondisclosure agreement. This was nothing new and happened all the time but this was the first one Jenna wished she hadn’t signed.

This revelation also provided another answer for a question that was plaguing her. The question of why Robe…no Trey had left her bed so suddenly a month ago. He had done it to protect her. He didn’t want his identity to affect them and he knew the backlash that would come from their relationship. Because she was so much younger than he was. He really wanted to get serious with her but hadn’t because he couldn’t truly develop their relationship with the secret hanging between them.

Now that she knew the truth, things would be different. Jenna was sure Trey had arranged for such a big scene so that the commotion would draw here attention. She knew that he knew she would figure out his identity if he did.

Jenna smiled and skipped the rest of the distance to her room, she wanted to talk to someone but she wasn’t willing to jeopardize her place in the school or her families’ position. Breaking the nondisclosure contract in anyway could have far reaching and devastating consequences.

She shivered and remembered Tania, the poor girl had revealed information to the press in a desperate attempt to break the heart of the man who had discarded her. Instead of achieving her goal her family was forced into bankruptcy and as far as Jenna knew Tania now worked at McDonalds while her parents had committed double suicide. Jenna shivered again and resolved to keep her mouth shut. No matter what happened.

Jenna stood at her open window absorbing the cold as a black Rolls Royce drove past. She knew for a fact that it belonged to the Python conglomerate. The licence plate holder had their signature emblem. Jenna watched the car disappear and regret sunk in. Jenna remembered the first time she had met the then Keith and Robert. They met at a party and Jenna had immediately locked onto Trey. His blond hair and easy attitude were the things she had been looking for that night. If she knew then what she knew now, she would have chosen Keith. They were equally rich but Keith just had something extra that made him truly special.

Jenna turned from the window and resolved to keep herself in tip top condition. She was sure Trey would be calling her any day now, to continue what they had started.

*

It was good to be alive.

This was the first time in quite a while that Tiffany had thought this and actually meant it. She had originally come to Julie’s room to find out what the commotion was about but instead she had gotten her fairy godmother moment.

She was going to the Ball.

Tiff couldn’t believe it. She was trying on shoes, dresses and jewellery that she was sure amounted to her entire family fortune. Despite Tiff’s old blood, her family was poor by rich people standards. In reality they were well off upper middle class. The economy had taken a dive and so had the family fortune.

She couldn’t really afford to be here and everyone knew it, the only reason she was still her was because some family member 100 years ago had help build the school and thus guaranteed all his descendants a place in the prestigious academy. Even though her tuition and boarding were free the exorbitant living cost had her working as the dorm attendant. A job that she didn’t mind but made everyone ostracize her more, that is until Julie came. Julie was badass and didn’t take shit from anyone. She mostly avoided contact with the other students.

One day Tiff had literally walked right into Julie. She poured hot coffee on the stunned girl and proceeded to call her a stupid cunt along with a few choice words.

Tiff had been so mortified the symptoms of her Tourette’s had become more obvious. She had stammered out a sorry and apologized, explaining to the best of her abilities why she was acting like a nut job. In the end she had broken down and explained her whole life story. Down to how she had ended up with the hideous scar that marred her face.

At the end of her monologue Julie had started to laugh. She spent a good few minutes doubled over on the floor. Tiff was sure her story had caused the other woman to have a mental break down.

Instead Julie had stopped laughing, wiped tear from her eyes, stood up and walked away. She had looked over her shoulder and given Tiff a smile that made her heart race. “You’re pretty cool”

That was it. Since then Julie and Tiff had become friend. The two never really had much time to hang out but they had an understanding.

Tiff remembered the first time Jenna had heard about their budding friendship and it brought a smile to her lips.

Jenna in her usual high strung fashion had barged into the room that she and Julie shared. She had stopped in her tracks when she saw Tiff sitting with Julie as the two discussed their Japanese assignment.

Jenna had turned up her nose and scoffed, “You hanging out with scar face now. I thought you were antisocial or some shit like that.”

Tiff remembered the look that had crossed Julies face before it went blank. She turned to Jenna and said “Don’t get it twisted, I’m not antisocial, I’m allergic to stupid.”

Jenna hadn’t gotten it so she had pressed forward. “But you don’t even hang with me”

Julie had look her up and down with a look that said precisely you dumb bitch, all she said was “Exactly” before turning back to her assignment.

Tiff had dissolved in laughter and Jenna had stormed out the room. Since then Julie had become persona non grata around campus. And she didn’t seem to care.

Coming back to the present Tiff picked up a pair of Louboutin shoes that had her breath hitching. These were her shoes, her glass slippers, tears came to her eyes as she tried them on.

*

They were finally home. It was time for their questions to finally be answered.

“How did she respond?” Julian asked

“Was she upset? Was she happy?” Trey asked

“Did she freak out?” Julian asked

“Is she coming?” they asked together

“Is her friend coming?” Trey asked

“Is she keeping the clothes?” Julian asked.

Heathcliff shook his head and moved further into the house, pointedly ignoring the two youngsters nipping at his heels.

He continued until her reached the kitchen before stopping and turning to face his employers. “If you want to find out so badly go watch the tape or are you forgetting I was wearing a camera.” Heathcliff disappeared into the kitchen, where he knew his beautiful wives were waiting and the young masters ran off to the study without a backward glance.

Now that Julian and Trey were sitting in front of the television they weren’t sure if the wanted to watch. Apprehension gnawed at them as they looked at each other and the tv screen. If they watched they couldn’t un-see any of her negative reactions if they didn’t look they would be going into things blind. Unsure of whether she planned to attend or not.

“Let’s just do it.” Trey said, his voice holding a note of confidence he wasn’t feeling.

 Julian held the remote up and pointed it at the tv. It was the single hardest thing he had ever had to do. The first also involved Julie, he had waited close to a month for her to return to him. It had taken all his will power not to fly to Jamaica and find some other way to make her his. To make her theirs.

He pressed the button and both he and Trey watched Julie intensely. Every movement, every gesture, every expression was of paramount importance to their wellbeing.

They watched the video two times and both came to relatively similar conclusions. Julian was the first to speak “Jenna has to be dealt with. She could cause us problems in the future. She was your fuck toy, I’m sure you know how best to handle it.”

Trey nodded. She would cause Julie nothing but problems and neither man would allow that to happen. “I can handle it and it will be particularly cruel. I didn’t like her offhand remark about Tiffany.”

Both men nodded in unison, it was obvious that Jenna took great pleasure in being cruel.

“We need to arrange a better date for Tiffany.” Trey said as he mentally reviewed a list of people.

Julian leaned back and closed his eyes, also contemplating a list of close associates. Julian’s eyes flew open and a smile formed as he spoke “I know just the persons to help us out, the Franklin brothers are in town. They owe us a favour and will treat her with the respect she deserves.”

Trey growled and a scowl appeared on his face.

Julian chuckled “You aren’t still mad about the Sofia thing. Not after finding Julie”

Getting up he made his way over to the liquor cabinet he poured a whiskey on the rocks for himself and a brandy for Julian. “That and this are separate issues. They slept with my fiancée the day before our wedding. In retrospect they did me a favour but I can still be mad about it.”

“She wasn’t the one for you and you knew it. You knew it then and you know it now. You just refuse to admit it. The way I remember it you thanked them before punching Jean-Luc and kicking Jean-Pierre” Julian took a sip of his brandy and remembered the eventful day that was supposed to his best friend’s wedding rehearsal. Instead of having a dinner they had found the bride to be sandwiched between two bodies as she was ridden hard.

“Fine,” Trey said and he fought to keep a smile off his lips “make the call.”

Julian downed the rest of his drink enjoying the accompanying burn. “Nah, I think you should handle this one. Mend old bridges before we met Julie.”

A long suffering sigh escaped from Trey. He hated having to be an adult about certain things but he knew Julian was right. “I get it. Lend me your phone”

Julian withdrew the device and tossed it to Trey. Tomorrow promised to be an eventful evening.

*

Jean-Pierre looked at the phone that vibrated on the bed side table. This had better be good, everyone knew better than to disturb he and his brother when they were engage in their afternoon romp.

He did a double take and immediately stilled when he saw the caller id. The buxom blond that was bent over is brother started begging him to continue. Instead he pulled out of her and grabbed the phone. Taking it he ran into the next room.

Jean-Luc didn’t know what happened. One minute he was having sex the way he liked it and the next his brother was tearing out of the room. Jean-Luc rolled over pushing Lucy or Steph or whatever her name was on to her back. He pulled his dick out of her pussy even as he begged him not to. She was bound so there was nothing more she could do other than protest but in that moment he wished they had gagged her too.

“First your brother pulls out of my ass, now you abandon my pussy. Don’t leave, give me more.”

Her pathetic cries followed him out of the room as he went to join his brother in the study. It was time to get rid of the woman who was occupying their bed. They had trained her too well. When she came to them she was well sexed but fairly innocent when it came to debauchery. They had soon remedied the situation, enjoying schooling her in both pain and pleasure.

Entering the study Jean-Luc spotted Jean-Pierre. He wondered who could have called to get such a reaction out of his brother.

“He is here” Jean-Pierre said into the phone before removing it from his ear. “You’re on speaker phone now.” He said with a heavily accented voice.

“Hey Jean-Luc, hey Jean-Pierre, it’s Trey” the voice on the other end chimed.

Both of their eyes closed. Their identical faces held duplicate looks of both pain and pleasure. They had waited a long time to hear this voice again. 3 years ago they had ruined a friendship that was worth more than the woman they had ruined it for.

Jean-Pierre opened his mouth to speak but only an un-human sound escaped. Jean-Luc tried his luck but nothing was coming to him, he was mentally blank.

“Look guys I know you two were busy but I really needed to talk to you. I have a big favour I need you to do for me and I was wondering if I could meet you guys later to talk about it. And……to…..finally… bury the past.”

They were glad for the olive branch. They knew how hard it must have been for Trey to contact them. He was a proud man. All of them were and what they had done was inexcusable. Jean-Luc was the one to speak up. “For you mon ami we would do anything. Just name it. And Trey we want you to know we are truly sorry for what happened.”

“He is right Trey,” Jean-Pierre said “We are sorry for what happened. And there is nothing we wouldn’t do for you at this point.”

There was a beat of silence before Trey responded. “Look guys, I can’t promise that today’s meeting will go smoothly but things have changed recently and what happened then doesn’t matter anymore. I will tell you more when I see you. This isn’t something I want to tell you about over the phone.”

“We understand. Jean-Luc and I could meet you now if you aren’t too busy.”

“Ahhh…weren’t you two kind of busy. It’s that time of the day and I don’t really think you’ve changed that much in three years.”

They both laughed. “Do not worry,” Jean-Luc said. “We were finishing up when you called”

“If you say so, if you’re free meet me at La Cachette in about an hour.” Trey said.

That works for us,” Jean-Luc said

“Gives us time to clean house,” Jean-Pierre said

They heard the familiar rumble of Trey’s laugh “Whatever you say. Later” they heard a beep and knew he was gone.

Jean-Luc sank into a chair with a relieved sigh and Jean-Pierre’s shoulders hunched forward as if some great weight had been lifted from them.

Neither of them said anything. They were experience a myriad of emotions and neither of them could find there voice.

He turned his bed towards the room. He knew they needed to go in there and finish what they started but he didn’t want to. For the first in a long time he had no drive to have sex. All he wanted was to mend the fence that had been broken between the three of them.

Jean-Pierre stood at the window he was completely naked except for a condom that did a poor job of covering his dick. He stood surveying the world below him. New york reminded him of Paris. They had the same flow and ideals but were as difference as night and day yet they were strangely similar. New York represented Trey and Julian perfectly, while Paris was Jean-Luc and his domain. Just like both cities they had an unexplainable bond even as their differences stood out.

He reached down and pulled off the condom, it had started to get uncomfortable and he was sure that he was finished for the evening. Jean-Luc was first to break the silence “I wonder what happened?”

“I don’t know,” Jean-Pierre said as he turned to face his brother. “but whatever it is I’m grateful for it.”  he reached down and pulled the condom off.  Both men starred at each other and a little chuckle escaped.

Today was one of the strangest days. First they pulled out of a willing woman to answer a phone call and now they had no desire to go back in and finish what they started.

Jean-Luc stood both men moved toward the bedroom.

*

Silvia watched as her masters entered the room and knew that her time with them was up.

*

Trey was early. He had both anticipated and dreaded seeing the Franklyn brothers again. In the 3 years that had past he’d thought of them multiple times and went to contact them on several occasions. Each time he had stopped and pulled back.

He moved to the maitre d' “Good Afternoon”

“Good Day Mr Hamilton. Your table is waiting and your party is already here.”

Trey was shocked he was 20mins early and The Franklin brother were already here. He followed the maitre d' into the interior of the restaurant. They approached his usual table and Trey caught sight of Jean-Pierre and Jean-Luc.

They sat back in what appeared to be a casual way. Any common observer would see and believe this. He knew them better and was sure they were as nervous as he felt.

Jean-Pierre was the first to spot him. He shot out of his seat as he watched Trey approach. His sudden movement caught Jean-Luc’s attention.

Jean-Luc turned and saw Trey. He stood at a slower pace than his brother but the same level of nervousness and anticipation coursed through his body.

Trey turned to the maitre d' and waved him off. He approached the two men who had once been as close to him as Julian.

They felt like wringing their hand. All three of them sat at the table in stony silence. Everyone wanted to break the silence but no one wanted to actually speak.

He took a deep breath and took a sip of his drink to get some liquid courage. “First of all, I met someone…or am about to meet someone.” He smiled at the possessive way he spoke about Julie as if he already knew her. “It’s kind of complicated but we’re pretty sure she is the one for us.”

The found themselves struck silent for the umpteenth time that day. They had always known that Trey and Julian shared a similar connection to theirs but neither man had ever been interested in the same woman so the brother had assumed that their connection simply didn’t run as deep.

“It’s a complicated situation,” Trey continued. “But we invited her to the Yule Ball tomorrow and even though we feel like we have known her for years we haven’t actually had a conversation with he. Hell we have only glimpsed her.”

“What do you need from us?” Luc asked. His voice held steady not betraying the apprehension they felt. The situation was getting stranger by the second. Trey was usually a very closed person but when he talked about the mystery woman every expression he was feeling was written on his face.

“I need one or both of you to accompany her friend to the Ball. Originally we had planned for her to accompany me as we got better acquainted with Julie but then we decided that any friend of Julie’s deserved better than that. Our next idea was to have Taylor accompany her but then we saw her.  Tiffany has a very bad scar and Taylor only appreciates beauty. She deserves better than a shallow prick. When we really thought about it you were the only two we trusted enough to ask.”

“After everything that has happened you still trust us?” Jean-Luc asked incredulously.

Trey chuckled slightly and took a moment before he answered. They were at the bridge building portion of the evening and he wasn’t sure how to proceed. “I don’t think I ever stopped trusting you. Ever so often I picked up my phone to call you and work thing out but my pride stopped me. Sofia was not the one for me and in the end I realised that the two of you did me a favour. In the end I couldn’t admit to my own mistake and failure.”

Jean-Pierre spoke up for the first time that evening. “Mon ami, we were not blameless in the situation and what happened has eaten away at us. We truly did not know she was your bride to be when we approached her and not a day has not gone by when we didn’t regret what happened that day.”

The food arrived and conversation stilled for a while. Privacy was highly valued by them and anyone who tried to intrude was dealt with harshly. Trey looked up and did a quick scan of the restaurant. He noticed that every woman’s eyes strayed to them ever so often. Before he would have scouted for his next conquest but now all he could think about was seeing Julie’s face up close for the first.

Jean-Luc and Jean-Pierre exchanged glances. Trey was different but the same. The man used to have a restless energy about him. He was constantly in pursuit of his next conquest but not anymore. There was a stillness about Trey that they weren’t accustomed to.

After all the waiter had disappeared and their section of the restaurant had become calm again Trey spoke up. “So can one of you accompany her?”

“We both will.” They said in unison.

“Thanks. We appreciate it.” Trey took a bite of his food. After chewing he continued. “I’m sorry if we took you away from your dates.”

The brothers smiled at each other. “Our date cancelled.”

“Sure!” said in his most sarcastic voice. “About Tiffany, we didn’t feel the need to run background. If you do, then fell free to do so. I did however bring a picture for you to see.” He wiped his fingers on his napkin before reaching into his jacket for the picture. He handed it to Jean-Pierre.

“Mon dieu!!” he exclaimed as he stared at her picture.

Trey’s head whipped up. He was ready to attack Pierre when the look on his face stopped him.

“She is perfect.” He stated simply as he lifted a finger to the picture. Caressing it he turned to his brother and smiled. Pierre wasn’t used to the feeling that rolled through him and he had never wanted a woman he had never met before.

 Now he was intrigued. The look on his brother’s face was one Luc had never seen before. It could only be described as rapture. He reached over and slowly removed the picture from his brother’s fingers. He brought the picture for closer inspection. What he saw could only be described as perfection. She was unnaturally pale with a wealth of fire red hair. Her eyes were a vivid shade of green and were alive with anger.

 Well, well. Trey thought. How the mighty have fallen. First Julian and him, now it was Pierre and Luc. He doubted that Julian had predicted such a response when he had suggested asking the twins to help out. “Her name is Tiffany Spence.” He volunteered the information because neither mane seemed capable of coherent thought.

Jean-Luc placed the picture on the table and his brother immediately took it up. Taking out his phone he called the private investigator they kept on retainer “Find me everything you can about Tiffany Spence, she attends the university and has a scar on her face.” Before Luc could continue the phone was ripped from his ear.

Pierre spoke quietly “We want the information by tomorrow at 11 if you’re late we will personally hunt you down and kill you.






Chapter End Notes:

All truly major characters have been introduced, except for a crazy Jamaican mother







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.