Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Slightly inspired by Jennifer's Body, Haunted by Beyonce, Babylon By SZA and Paradise Circus by Massive Attack. For an optimal reading expierience, listen to two of the three songs before or while reading.




Author's Chapter Notes:

 

 

(    ._.)

Ok so I can only imagine you guys are sitting there saying “Now Drogheda Bitch, where have you been and what is this shit you are giving me in lieu of my much anticipated Power update?”  (._.    )

These past two years my life has been in such a state of flux that I have never gotten a chance to write let alone be inspired enough to. As well I have hit a major wall with Power in terms of how to end it and execute that ending in a non-campy way. Inspiration just isn’t there quite yet and with that the quality I want isn’t there either. I do have a chapter almost ready to go, and when it is I will post it.

Now onto this little gem. I have been going through a particularly ruff break up (on my end at least) and so with all these feelings and depression that I have been dealing with for months I stuck gold one night and was able to write a little piece on an idea I have been tinkering with this year. This piece is supposed to be disjointed and fractured; I wanted to make it as restless and chaotic as I could especially because I was probably in such a state. THIS ISN’T A STORY FOR THE FAINT OF HEART. So now that you have been warned, I introduce you lovely ladies to haunted.

 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

 

Heavy.

He was so heavy she had almost left him behind. She didn’t know how many times she adjusted him in her delicate grasp. The center of her left palm began to cramp and protest in indignation yet she continued forward, her bare feet barely grazing the marble floor.

She was surprised that no one heard his dragging carcass, the sounds of his heavy body and thick sole boots sliding across the ground were more than enough to alert anyone of their presence. Yet no one heard her and she continued on her quest, leaving a red train in her wake.

When she finally reached the door she was looking for, she threw his body a side. Her blank eyes briefly surveyed the corpse before she opened the door and walked into her bedroom and on to the bath. Absentminded fingers fiddled with the light switch before the lights finally came on. The horror looking back at her in the mirror was more than enough to make her want to laugh mechanically until she inevitably broke down into inconsolable tears.

She was broken.

Hair that was once elegantly curled was nothing more than a limp mess due to the blood that coated the strands and began coagulating on her ends.

And the blood was everywhere.

down her neck.

covering her chest like a necklace.

dripping down between her breasts.

The dress she wore was ruined and it was a shame for it had cost so much money and she had hoped to get more than one wear out of it. Golden eyes shimmered with frustration. Clumsy hands reached for the clasp of her dress, jerking the thin piece of metal down a few times before she all but ripped the sullied garment from her body. She moved to her shower, turning the hot water on and waiting a moment before she stepped into the scalding spray, allowing it to cleanse her of that night.

Pink rivets dripped down her body and swirled down the drain just like she wished all of her memories would.

-

She couldn’t feel anything but then again that could be because of the little combination of ecstasy, the small bump of coke, and alcohol that the she taken earlier.

She was numb to everything.

Numb to the pain that had been swirling in her spirit for the past few weeks, affecting her mood and motivation. She stopped eating long before then so those pains were also dampened. The intense burn in her heart and mind faded into nothingness. She was numb to her body swaying deftly to the music, her ears barely taking inventory of the sound in order to make her body match it. Numb to the men all around her, touching her, and vying for her attention. Currently she had one guy behind her, his arms wrapped around her waist, his face on her neck placing hot prickly kissed on her feverish skin.

But she couldn’t feel it.

Her minds swirls and whirls all night. It was almost as if she was having an acid trip for the colors blended together and began to vibrate and shift, distorting her since of reality. They melted and bleed into one another creating something new and seemingly beautiful and equally grotesque. Everything starts to vibrate and shift and whirl and swirl and in this blur of colors she knows, she just knows that when she comes down she will feel everything at once. She regrets her choice and as she looks at the young man beside her, now driving her to her home, she can’t help but feel sorry for him too.

They don’t make it to her room; they honestly don’t make it past her elevator in the foyer. All she can finally feel his skin on hers, his warm hand in her hair the other sliding up and down her hip, his lips on hers. She feverishly tries to keep up with him, with his passions. But after a moment she can’t help but be transported. Thoughts of another lover swell and bloom into her consciousness.

She can feel her old paramour’s arms encase her, his hot needy hands gripping her breasts pulling and tugging at her clothes.

half-naked in a hallway.

passions high.

hot, wet, and willing.

She whines when he slips into her. She had missed the sensation of being connected with another being, of her whole essence being filled by another.

Merging and sharing.

But it wasn’t the same.

Her high was beginning to wane.

The man before her kept shifting.

in and out.

In and Out.

Ex-flame.

One Night Stand.

In and out

in and Out

dark hair

blond hair

in and out

He was driving her insane in all forms of the word. He was here and there, with her but just beyond reach and she didn’t know if he was just a delusion her imagination had cooked up. Her release was in sight as was his face and…

That face.

The one that broke her heart. It kept appearing.

Pain.

All she could feel was pain. Her high had fled from her body and all she could feel was the pain of not feeding in weeks, of being heartbroken. It crept out of her bones quickly, almost incapacitating her. A sob escaped her throat and tears gathered in her eyes before they fell down to her cheeks. She managed to push her new lover off her body as a fresh wave of pain coursed through her belly. Her eyes focused on his neck as she became hyper aware of her prey before her.

Dark eyes bled into blackness.

He tried to run. But she pounced on him and bit him. Sank her teeth right into his jugular. She took a chunk of flesh, chewing quickly and swallowing just as fast before she went back for more. She continued until her physical pain left and her mental anguish moved down on her list of priorities. She closed he eyes, taking a few deep breaths as she willed her thoughts to clear.

Her body shifted and changed.

Skin that was once a near sickly shade of mahogany, began to regain its rich luster. Her dark brown hair shimmered into its original jet black color. And when her eyes opened, dark brown irises were replaced with gold. She scowled at the body beneath her, grabbing his collar as she dragged him to the elevator.

-

The now tepid water that flowed down the contours of her body finally ran clear, but she continued to stand there. She hoped that maybe, just maybe she could scorch him and her heartbreak off her body just like she did the blood of her prey.

As her fingers began to prune she exited the shower. Moving back into her bedroom, she pulled out a set of sweats and a tank, gingerly putting both on. Once she felt like she had lollygagged enough, she reached for her house phone and pressed the star button. The phone rang a few times before she was met with a gruff voice.

“What can I do for you Miss Fulton?”

“I…” she paused “ I have a body upstairs.”

She waited a moment, four minutes to be exact before a different voice sounded on the phone.

“I am very disappointed into Celestine. A cleaning crew there momentarily and you are on lockdown until I get there.” Before he could even hang up the phone she could hear the sound of her front door dead bolting her inside. She would be in prisoned in her room until her gracious father came and let her out.

Celestine scowled as she hung up the phone.

She gathered some courage and walked back to her living room and to her front door where right outside laid a half-eaten man. She kneeled before the door, closing her eyes and paying her respect. Feeling tired, she stood on wobbly feet and trudged back to her room, locking the door behind her. She proceeds to turn on her iHome on her dresser, scrolling through the iPod connected to it until she found her moody music and selected play.

Her room filled with the sounds of enchanting melancholy. She fell on to her bed stiffly, reaching for her favorite pillow and clutching it hard to her chest as hot tears began to spill onto her cheeks once more. Her eyes closed and she could see his face behind her eyelids. He was there smirking at her. He was in her blood, in her psyche taunting her and haunting her with every memory of every touch, every look.

The sound of his voice distorted, memories shifting and changing as they often do. Her hero, her love now her enemy and the one she loathes. He was out in the world while she was stuck in place.

Angrily, her eyes flew open and golden eyes burned invisible holes into the wall in front of her. She would find some way to be rid of him, she just had to make it through her father first.

 






Chapter End Notes:

So I hope to add one or two more chapters to this. Until next time dears.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.