Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Loving Simone Part 1

Garrett stood gazing out at the moonlight from out on the balcony. Michelle's parent was hosting a beautiful engagement party. Everyone inside the elegant room was mingling having fun and he was outside thinking about his past and this future. The Weatherman's had thrown them the most eloquent party they could have imagined. It was truly amazing. He watched his fiancee as she danced with her father. Although he should have been excited about today, he just couldn't stop thinking that this night should have been about him and Simone. Never in his wildest dreams, did he think he would end up marrying Michelle or any other woman. Simone has and will always be the love of his life, so he thought. Taking another sip of his Hennessy, he saw his childhood friend Michael approaching. Smiling he turn to walk over to meet him

"Hey, Garrett!" Michael gave him half a hug, trying to remain masculine. "Nice engagement party man. I must admit that I never thought you would actually move on man. Fuck I thought you and Monie would get back together," Michael took a sip of his drink. "You know I saw her last week when I went to visit my mom. Some of us got together and hung out. Simone and Malcolm were there at the club," he stared at Garrett. "Did you know they were dating?" He waited for his answer. "I didn't know they were dating, until I saw them damn near fucking on the dance floor." Michael said with a smirk still staring at Garrett trying to gauge his reaction. Garrett remained emotionless. "I found out they have been dating for last couple months, I think they started dating right around the time you proposed to ole girl. Anyway, it looks like you both have moved on. Just a couple years ago, we were trying on tuxedos for you all's wedding," he chuckled. "Hey maybe they still have my measurements on file." Garrett's friend Michael said as he walked away laughing to let that sink in. Michael knew damn well what he was doing.

"Fucker," Garrett said underneath his breath as Michelle waltz next to him.

"Was that Garrett?" She kissed him on the cheek. "Is he leaving?"

"Yeah that's him," he caressed her arm. "No, he's not leaving yet. Especially not alone." He chuckled looking as Michael flirted with a brunette.

"I'm really sorry you parents, couldn't be here," Michelle gazed at him through green eyes. "I know how bad you wanted them here tonight."

"I know," Garrett, wished his parents were here to share this special night with him. "Dad wasn't feeling well and you know Mom won't leave him alone."

Garrett just couldn't bring himself to tell Michelle that his family didn't approve of him marrying her. They were always cordial to her but she could never take Simone's place in his family's eyes. Simone had won them over from the start. He never imagined that his mom and Simone would form such a tight bond. Even now, he hadn't spoken to his ex-fiancee in over a year, but his mom spoke to Simone more than she did with her own child. They even ate breakfast the first Saturday of each month. His girls were tight as thieves. Ain't that a bitch. I guess she will always be my girl.

Michelle pulled Garrett onto the dance floor and out of his head. Michelle laid her head on Garrett's chest and began to sway to the music. Michelle barely reached his shoulders. She stood five feet six and that's including the five inch heels she wore tonight."Hey, the girls and I are going out after the party. Do you mind?" She said rubbing his back.

"No go have fun with your girls. I think I'm going to go back to our apartment and chill." He kissed the top of her blond hair.

"Ok, don't wait up. We're going to the city and will probably get a room."

"Well then Mrs. Hollowell-to-be, I guess you need to give your man something to tide him over to your return," Garrett's hand moved from the arch of her back to her ass making Michelle laugh.

Michelle kissed him goodbye as her bridesmaid walked over to them. She rubbed off her lipstick from his lips, and bid him farewell.

*****

Garrett poured himself another drink as he thought of what Michael had said. He hadn't seen Simone since the last time he visited his mother. Simone stopped by to pick him her up for dinner. He thought back to how their relationship came to end.

It was drunken night out with his friends where he let a drunken Lori, county's biggest flirt, kiss him. Instead of pushing her away, like his brain demanded. Garrett let the alcohol take over of his senses and groped her on the dance floor in the name of fun. It wasn't funny when he looked over at the entrance and saw Simone. How he wish that he stood about 5 inches instead of the 6 foot 4 inches. The look on her chocolate face told him he was fucked.The anger in her brown narrowed eyes and eyes told him he was royally fucked. He just didn't know how fucked he really was until he went home. Simone didn't come home that night or the nights after. On that Monday she left for a conference and turned off her cellphone or blocked his number. She wasn't returning his calls or messages. Sunday after the event, he went to dinner without Simone at his parents and was meet with a slap to back of his head by his mother as he walked into the kitchen. She had obviously spoken with Simone. After the slap, his mother wouldn't speak to him either. She told him that he would have to live with the consequences of his actions. She was not getting involved. Aint that a bitch. Garrett's father eventually took pity on him when he realized Garrett was about to fly out to Houston to confront Simone. His father told him she was fine and needed some time. Yeah well, he didn't know giving her time would result in her siblings and friends moving her out of their house while he was at work. Yeah he was fucked.

Picking up his phone, he called his mother's cell and was speechless when he heard the voice on the line. "Hello Mama Dee's phone." Simone said laughing into the phone.

"Hello." He said finally finding his words. Garrett asked to speak with his mom. The next words out of Simone's mouth caused Garrett's brain to scramble to mush.

"Oh Hi Garrett, just one moment, she went to the kitchen, I'll take her the phone." Garrett could not understand it. Simone was at his parents' house when they were supposed to have come out to visit him this weekend for the engagement party. Ain't that a bitch.




Part 2
Loving Simone

"Hello dear. How was the party?" Delores his mother said into the phone.

"Mom is everything okay with Dad?" Garrett asked a bit confused. "You didn't have to call Monie over to help. I could have hired someone to help out." Garrett said hoping nothing was wrong.

"Oh dear, No. Your father is fine. He's out back cleaning the grill and watching Simone's daughter, Delaney in the pool. Simone bought her over for dinner. We love spending time with them."

"So dad isn't sick?"

"No."

"Mom you know Simone and I are no longer together. You act as if Simone is your daughter and Delaney's your granddaughter," Garrett sighed, why did she still have a relationship with Simone. "Remember according to her we were not together when she got pregnant," he didn't notice he raised his voice. "How could you forget she spent an entire week with Malcolm at the conference she went to trying to get back at me. I didn't do anything wrong. I never once slept with someone else while I was with her. She goes to a conference and comes back pregnant by Malcolm." Garrett said as he paced in front of the window looking out over the backyard. He couldn't believe how his mother never once turned a blind eye to Simone after she ripped his fucking heart out of his chest. Hell he'll only kissed and groped a woman, whereas she spent the week fucking another man.

"Sweetie, Simone and Delaney are family. Delaney will be leaving next week to spend the weekend with Malcolm's parents. They are taking her to Disney World, and you know Lenoria and I wanted to spend as much time with Delaney as possible before she spent the next week with her grandparents. Why don't you come home for a visit next weekend?" Why did she love that little girl as if she was her grandchild?

"I will talk to Michelle about visiting and get back with you. How are Lenoria and Daniel? I'm sure Simone is spending as much time with her parents as she does with mine," he said sarcastically. "I still can't believe you didn't come to my party."

"Oh sweetie, that's nonsense. They didn't miss us at the party; we'll be there for the wedding," she said something to Simone, and then started talking to him again. "Lenoria and Daniel are doing really well. They are out in the backyard with your dad. Don't bother Michelle, I'm sure she'll probably be busy planning the wedding, let her be. I'll tell your dad, you'll be home next weekend. Okay bye." Delores rushed off the phone.

She smiled to herself, it was game on. She and Lenoria will right the wrongs their children were obviously too stubborn to right.

"Ma?" Garrett couldn't believe his mother not only didn't show up to his party but she hung the fucking phone up on his. He was beyond livid. He should have listened to his sister Lydia when she told him not to call tonight. Lydia must have known that Simone and her family were there. Garrett walked back into the bedroom and threw himself across his king sized bed.

His mom decided to spend time with Delaney. A child that wasn't related to her. How the hell did someone else end up being the father to a child he was suppose to give Simone? Ain't that a bitch.

Garrett's phone rang, drawing him from his thoughts. "Hello?" He pulled a pillow flush with the headboard.

"Honey, I just wanted to call and let you know we got a room. We're going to get change and head out to the club in the hotel. So what do you have planned tonight?" Lounging on her bed Michelle played with the play cord as she spoke with Garrett.

"I'm going to chill and watch the sports channel. Michael called he and the guys want to meet for breakfast, so I'm going to turn in early in a little." Garrett sat up on his bed, and removed his shirt. "I talked to my mom and she invited us to come over this weekend. Would you like to go with me? I want to make sure my dad is okay. She's really upset she couldn't attend the party." Garrett lied. His parents had him lying to his fiancée. Ain't that a bitch.

"Baby that sounds like a great idea. We can leave on Thursday after work," he heard water running and someone talking in the background.

"Who's that?" He asked curious.

"Oh, it's the TV," and she continued. "We can make it a three day weekend. On Saturday, I can go shopping with your mom and we could have a medi/pedi spa day on Sunday. "

Garrett was happy that Michelle had agreed to visit his parents. It was about time that his mom and his future wife start spending some quality time together. Hopefully after this weekend things between his mother and Michelle will change for the better. "That sounds great baby. Ok, I'm let you go so you can enjoy your night. Love you."
"Love you too Garrett. I'll see you tomorrow afternoon. Bye," Michelle tapped the red button on her phone to disconnect the call. She placed the phone on the nightstand and join Antonio in the shower for a night of pure unadulterated hardcore fucking.




Loving Simone
Part 3

Good Morning my dear." Delores cheerfully greeted Simone.

"What time is it?" Simone rolled over in bed bumping into Malcolm. She sat up rubbing away the sleep from her eyes, and looked over at the clock on the nightstand, it was way too early for calls until she saw who it was. "Mama Dee is something wrong?"

"Oh no dear, Danny and I wanted to invite our girls over for dinner tonight. Danny is cooking salmon."

Simone twisted to the side, taking Malcolm's hand off her leg.

"That awful woman told me she was getting my Laney Poo next week. How could you let my baby go away for an entire week?"

"Mama Dee, if I'm not mistaken, that awful woman you are referring to happens to be your friend and Delaney's grandmother. Besides, that dreadful woman, didn't complain when you took her granddaughter to Sesame Place last month." Simone laughed at the antics of this crazy old woman. She was so glad that Delores did not hold Delaney's paternity against her. She has always treated her as her own granddaughter.

"That's neither here nor there. Must I remind you, that you promised me my first grandchild not Wilma. Anyway since my Laney Poo will be gone for five days. I decided to stay here and spend the weekend with her. Danny isn't feeling the best and traveling will just make him worse." I still can't believe you are letting her go for an entire week with her."

"I will be sure to tell Delaney's grandmother, that you have an objection to her spending the week with her granddaughter. What time should we be there tonight?" Simone got out of bed, stretching her sore muscles. Sleeping with Malcolm was worst than sleeping with Delaney. Those two needed to learn there are boundaries in bed that should be adhered to when sleeping with others. Stopping mid stretch Simone finally realized what Delores had said. "Mama Dee, Garrett will be upset that you aren't attending his engagement party. You can't cancel on him at the last hour. He already hates me. Do you really want to put another nail in the coffin? Ugh!! I tell you what. How about I let Delaney spend next Saturday with you when she returns? I will forgot our breakfast date so you can spend the day with your Laney Poo."

Simone hoped that Delores would take her offer. She didn't want Delores to use spending time with Delaney as a reason not to attend her son's party. Lydia Garrett's sister mentioned that he already had an issue with his mom spending so much time with them.

"That's not a problem, Lydia and Colby will be in attendance. His siblings can represent the family. Besides you do realize that this is his second engagement party. He has them like every two years. I'll just attend the next one. He'll understand I'm sure. So, I'll see you two tonight. Your parents will be here as well. And had I known that woman was here to take Delaney away, I wouldn't have invited her too." She took a deep breath. "I guess I should still invite her."

"Yes, you should Mama Dee. That would be the friendly thing to do," Simone smiled.

"By the way, yes, I'll love to hang with my baby next weekend but we can do it all together. We can go shopping and have a spa day as well. I'm sure she'll love it. Now, I'm not taking no for an answer. I'll see you both tonight. And Simone? Next time tell Malcolm to sleep at his own house. How does he expect anyone to sleep with him snoring like that?" Delores hung up her phone before Simone could respond.

Grabbing a pillow off the bed, Simone hit Malcolm in the face with it.

Malcolm sat straight up in bed. "What the fuck?"

"Language."

"Language my ass, what is wrong with you hitting me like that messing up my beauty sleep. Unlike you, I need all the sleep I can get." Malcolm pulled the covers over his head to go back to sleep.

Simone snatched covers off her bed to gaze at Malcolm wearing only a pair of blue shorts. "Why are you at my house? I remember going to sleep alone.I"

"Ugh. Really Monie, you going to play games this morning? Your house is closer to hospital and I have rounds this morning."

"Get out of my bed. Do you realize Mama Dee heard you snoring this morning?"

"Well, it's not like she doesn't know we sleep together. How the hell you explain Delaney?" Malcolm said getting out of the bed walking to the bathroom scratching his ass. "I'm going to take a shower, then I'll cook Delaney's breakfast. I have to be at the hospital at eight to start my morning rounds. I'll drop her off at your mom's on the way to work."

Simone began to make her bed and tidy her room as she heard Malcolm in the bathroom. "Oh, I'm going to dinner at the Hollowell's tonight. Your mom will be there. Do you want to come?"

Malcolm turned the shower on and stepped back into the bedroom, "Seriously, you want my mother and me in same room with sharp objects. I think not," he smirked. "I'll pass. Besides, I don't think Mr. Hollowell likes me that much either. He and my mother might conspire to kill me. Wait? Aren't they supposed to be going to the asshole's party?"

"Watch it Malcolm, and yes they were suppose to go. Supposedly, Papa Dee wasn't feeling well. Plus, Mama Dee did not know that awful woman was here to take Delaney to Florida."

Walking back into the bathroom, Malcolm stopped and looked at Simone. "She does realize that awful woman is my mother and Delaney's grandmother and not her right?" he said with a little sarcasm. "I might not have the best relationship with my mom but she's mine. Don't make me put my foot down and stop their interaction with Delaney. I will never understand your need to make sure she's a part of their lives. She's mine; don't make me have to remind them or you for that matter. For the love of all things holy, please stop calling them Mama and Papa." Malcolm stepped into the bathroom and closed the door.

Flopping onto the freshly made bed, Simone whispered, "That went well as could be expected. She could tell Malcolm was irritated with her relationship with Garrett's parents, but she couldn't help it, Delores was like a second mom. Now how do she get him to understand that Mama Dee was supposed to be Delaney's grandmother if things had worked out with her and Garrett. Fuck."

"Momma!!" Delaney screamed from her room.




Loving Simone Part 4

Malcolm walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist. Simone wasn't in the room but he could hear her giggling with his daughter. Slipping on a pair of basketball shorts, he made his way down the hall to his daughter's room. He didn't get tired to repeating those words, my daughter. Never in a million years would he have thought this would happen to him. He might hate Garrett, but Malcolm was thankful the asshole's true whorish nature was revealed. Why she thought she could turn a man whore into a husband? He has no idea.

Between Garrett and Michael, they probably slept with everything with a slit between their legs in college. Leaning against the door, all he could do was admire Simone's interaction with their daughter. She was a very attentive mom and no one came before Delaney. That alone made Malcolm love her more each day.

"Dada!!" Delaney babbled.

"Hey baby girl." He walked into the nursery. "How's daddy's girl doing today?" He picked her up from her crib, and then Malcolm tossed her up in the air and caught her. He placed her head on his shoulder and kissed her fat cheeks while giving Delaney her morning hug.

Looking down at Simone, he placed his hand on her cheek and gazed into her brown eyes. "I'm sorry about earlier, I didn't mean to be such an ass. It's just she means everything to me," he caressed her chubby cheek.

Simone stood up, and gave Malcolm a feather kiss on his cheek, "apology accepted but I just need you to understand that they will always be a part of my life. Delaney will always have a relationship with them. I can't explain it in words, but can you just do this for me? For us?"

He sighed. "I'll try, but can't make any promises. Okay?"

"Okay," Simone hugged him and Delaney. "Since you're cooking breakfast and dropping her off, I'm going to back to bed. No one ever said being a nurse was easy. I think I walked the sole off the bottom of my shoes. The floor was full. I only took a fifteen-minute break during the whole twelve-hour shift. At least I'm off until nine this morning. I'll be working at the urgent care. I get off at five, so I'll pick up Delaney up after work."

Simone left out the room, feeling grateful that Malcolm turned out to be such a great dad. She didn't have any doubt that her baby girl would be dressed and out the door before seven. Whereas, with her they would be barely out the bathroom by that time. Once in her room, she looked at the bed, but decided to go ahead and start her day.

Simone grabbed some clothes out of her dresser, and smiled when she found a pair of Malcolm's shorts with her clothes. She must have washed them with her clothes by mistake. She entered the bathroom, took off her pj's and jumped in the shower. She was dressed and out the door by eight fifteen. Malcolm and Delaney had already left the house, giving her plenty of time to get ready. God, I love that man. He makes life so much easier.

***

Delany rung the doorbell. Delores opened the door and was greeted with a four-tooth smile from the most beautiful angel. "Hello," she kissed Delaney's cheeks. "Come in. We were just talking about you. How was work?"

Walking into the kitchen behind Delores, Simone placed Delaney's baby bag on the floor. "Hi Mom and Mrs. Thompson," she waved at the older ladies. "Work was good, Momma Dee. I worked my part time job today so it wasn't too stressful."

The ladies talked among themselves and spent time with the baby.

Danny walked in with salmon hot off the grill. Once in the kitchen he noticed that Simone had arrived with Delaney. "There's Papa's favorite girl." He placed the pan with the food on the counter, and took the baby from Wilma. "How's my baby?" He kissed her cheek.

Danny placed the baby over his shoulder, "Okay, you all enjoy yourselves. The salmon and bacon wrapped asparagus are in the warmer. The men will be out back with our Princess." He walked out the kitchen.

Shaking her head, Delores could only laugh at her husband. "Let's eat ladies."
"Simone, I heard you were looking into going back to school to get your master's degree for Family Nurse Practitioner?" Delores picked up her fork.

"Do you think that's a good idea with the baby being so young? What does Malcolm think of you being away from the baby? Shouldn't he be the one going back to school?" Wilma said cutting into an asparagus.

"I've already enrolled for next semester, and Malcolm understands that this is important to me. He's willing to be home more with Laney once classes start." Simone said serving herself a plate.
"Nonsense, Delores and I have no objection to stepping in more to help you with her. We enjoy spending time with her," she took a sip of her lemonade. "I'm happy you are following your dreams. Having Delaney was just a bump in the road and I'm so proud of you." Lenoria would stand by her daughter until the ends of time to ensure she achieved all her goals.

The ladies were finishing their meal when they looked up and saw Harold, Simone's father entered the kitchen. "Hey baby girl. How are you? Where you put the diaper bag?"

Simone stood, "Hey Daddy. It's over here. Let me get it for you. " She grabbed the empty plates and place them in the sink. She bent down to get the bag, and walked over to her father and gave him the bag.

He leaned down and place a kiss on her forehead. "Thanks. Going to work with Delaney on her swimming. Are her swimmers in here?"

"Yes, they're in there. If not there might be some in the cabinet out back," Simone responded.

"Ladies, I made a chocolate cheesecake, would you all like a slice?" Delores got up to walk into the kitchen and noticed no one had commented. "For pete's sake. I bought it from the local deli." Snickering Wilma and Lenoria agreed to a slice. While she was in the kitchen, her phone began to ring. "Monie, will you answer that please?"

"Sure. Hello Mama Dee's phone." Simone said laughing into the phone.

"Hello." He said after a few seconds of silence. Garrett asked to speak with his mom.
"Oh Hi Garrett, just one moment, she went to the kitchen, I'll take her the phone." Simone heart started racing once she realized who it was. The last time they spoke he was yelling at his mother for spending so much time with her and her bastard child. "Bitch you knew you should have checked the ID before answering", she said to herself. Damn his voice still sent chills down her spine." Good Lord in heaven take me now. Walking into the kitchen she gave Delores the phone.





Loving Simone Part 5
"There's Garrett now pulling up, remember our promise to Mama Dee. He has to approach Simone in order for this to work. They made a mistake, and they need to fix it." Michael glanced over the menu as he spoke. "Even if we told him the truth about the past, he wouldn't believe us. So he has to make this right on his own. It's not our battle to fight," He looked over at Nelson and Phillip. "And lord knows, I don't want to fight a battle with those two old women."

Nelson Smirked. "I'm not afraid of them."

"Speak for yourself, I live in the same town as Mama Dee and Mama Lee. That is one promise I will be keeping. I've learned never to cross those two," Phillip agreed wholeheartedly with Michael.

Nelson chuckled, finally agreeing.

***

Garrett was the last to arrive to the restaurant for breakfast. He strolled in, he notice his frat brothers at a table in back. As he approached the table they started barking and hooting. Laughing, Garrett started acting the fool and proceeded to step to Atomic Dog in Que fashion. The guys burst out laughing and greeted each other.

"What you think this white guy don't have moves," he did one more step. "I still got it. Feels just like yesterday when we went through Probate." Taking a seat at the table, Garrett picked up his menu. He noticed that no one was picking up their menu. "Something wrong?' he inquired. He looked over at his friends, and they were all watching him. "Why you all staring at me?"

***

Clearing his throat, Michael tried to ease into a difficult conversation. "Look man, we talked this over and we have some concerns about you marrying Michelle."

"What about me marrying Michelle?" Garrett glared at Michael. Why would he bring up this shit here? "That doesn't have any bearings on our friendship."

Phillip hesitate but managed to confess, "We don't know if we can stand beside you in front of God and watch you make this horrible decision," he took a sip of water and continued. "Come on man, can you look us in the eye and tell us you love her? Because I know damn well, that you're still in love with Simone, just like she's still in love with you."

Ain't that a bitch. "So y'all motherfuckers call me here to question whether I'm ready to get married. What the fuck is wrong with you all?" Garrett threw the menu on the table, he looked at each of them and couldn't believe that his friends had the audacity to question him. "First off, I told y'all never to mention that bitch in my presence. And no I'm not still in love with her." Lie's he told himself. "After what she did to me. Did you all forget she cheated on me with that punk ass motherfucker? And then had the nerve to get pregnant by him. That was supposed to be my motherfucking child." He pointed at himself. "Mine! I never once did anything to warrant that type of disrespect from her. " Garrett could feel his blood boiling. The anger in his voice let them know he wasn't going to back down on this. His nostrils flared, and the vein in his neck throbbed. This was his fucking life, not there's. He combed his fingers through his hair, and he continued, "I've moved on." Another lie, he told himself. " Michelle is a good girl. Yes, I care for her. This is a good move for the both us. Her dad has ensured me that once he retires, I'll make partner at the law firm replacing him. Does that answer your question?"

"No, so was you're saying is you are marrying her because her father promised you that you'll make partner?" Michael added.

Garrett didn't need to answer any other questions.

"No, it actually, doesn't." Nelson said leaning back in his chair. "Garrett, you've always been a hot head and you will not listen to anybody or even speak to Simone about what happened," he watched him closely. "Hell, you stopped speaking to your family for 4 months because they refused to end their relationship with Simone. When is the last time you visited home? You ever wonder why she wouldn't stop seeing her or the baby? Nelson smirked.

"Garrett, I think you really need to speak with Simone, I think closing that chapter before you had all the correct information was just wrong. If you don't want to speak to her just ask Michael what they talked about over dinner." Phillip said waving the waitress away.

"You had dinner with that bitch?" Garrett roared. Ain't that a bitch. My friend betraying me and spending time with the enemy.

"It's not what you think. --" Michael said.

"Then what the hell is it then?" Garrett responded before Michael could finish his thought.
"Stop calling her a bitch. You and I both know you don't mean it. You're still angry and hurt. Garrett can't you just put your hurt to the side for just a minute and feel. Ask yourself, why would she leave you like a thief in the night? Then a month later come to you and try to apology. I'm telling you man, you don't know the whole story." Michael banged the table with his hand. "If you would stop being so damn stubborn, you might wake the fuck up and realize you're about to marry the wrong damn woman." He was getting angry. "A fucking woman you don't even love. You can't even bring yourself to fuck her. You have been dating her for 9 months and you ain't tapped that ass yet, and what's worst motherfucker, is that you know she sleeping with her co-worker. But your dumb ass don't give a fuck because this is a business arrangement to you." Michael rushed out in a whisper trying to prevent the table next to them from hearing.

Garrett respond, "Fuck you, fuck Simone and that punk ass motherfucker, fuck Delaney, and I got one more fuck to give before I leave. Stay the fuck out my damn business." Garrett stood up from the table to leave.

Michael got in his face, stopping Garrett from leaving, "I don't give a damn what you say about Malcolm or Simone, but my niece is innocent in this shit. Friend or foe, I will beat your damn ass here and now." Michael pushed up on Garrett.

"Shit!!" both Phillip and Nelson exclaimed. "Everyone calmed down. Let's just take our seats and discuss this like the grown intelligent men we are". Phillip said in between the two of them, and then tried to pull Michael back into his seat. Nelson was pushed Garrett to his seat.

"Damn, she got you too." Garrett said stepping chest to chest to Michael. "She got you referring to her child as your niece and shit. I should have known your fake ass would betray me. Let me ask you this, did you fuck the bitch too? I'm sure she had enough to go around." Garrett chuckled sarcastically. "Talking about these hoes ain't loyal, looks to me neither are friends." That's the last words he said as he sidestepped his friends to leave. He was pissed off as he ambled out of the restaurant. His own damn friend, how the hell is he going to have a relationship with my ex and her child after she cheated? Ain't that a motherfuckin' bitch.

Michael followed him out. "Simone called you, after she had calmed down. I didn't know your phone was in the couch, but she heard me fucking Lori that night. She thought it was you," he sighed. "Can't you put yourself in her shoes for a minute?" Michael said grabbing Garrett by the arm to keep him from getting into his truck.

Garrett turned around quickly with nostrils flaring, he couldn't hold his emotions in any longer. "She should have known that I wouldn't have cheated on her. I love her like I've never loved anyone before. Simone was suppose to be my wife, the mother of my child, not some motherfucker that has lived in her shadow all his life," he loved Simone from the moment they met. He knew she was the one. "I made a promise to her that I wouldn't cheat on her. That I wouldn't let my pass discretions damage our love. My heart belonged to her and breaking her heart would be breaking my own because she fucking owed me." Pacing from one end of the truck to the other Garrett was trying to reign in his emotions. Anger was pouring out his pores. He couldn't decide if he wanted to punch the fuck out his friend or strangle the hell out of Simone when he saw her next.

"Just talk to her or talk to your mom. All, I'm sayin is you need to get to the bottom before you marry Michelle. There's so much here that you are refusing to hear."

Garrett had heard enough, and opened the door to his truck and jumped in. It was time to leave. He had more important things to do than stand here and listen to this.

"You ever stopped to think that maybe, Delaney is your child?" Michael shook his head and walked away. He watched Michael walk back up to the restaurant. Phillip and Nelson stood at the entrance waiting for him. They entered the restaurant as he sat in his truck. Nothing. Dumbfounded maybe, but Garrett had nothing. Punching his steering wheel, he yelled. "Shit. Fuck. Gawt Dammit." Ain't that a bitch. "What if she's my daughter?" he said to himself. "Could she be?"

He turned the ignition to his truck, and he left the restaurant, wondering if she couldn't really be his child. As he was driving home, his phone began to ring. It was Michelle. He let it ring. He didn't have time to deal with her right now. Pulling up to the nearest drive thru, he ordered a breakfast combo with a coffee. He drove to the nearest park and his phone rang again, looking at the caller ID he could see that it was Michael. The ringing ended just to start over again. Not recognizing the number, he answered the phone, "Hello?"

"Hi may I speak with Garrett Hollowell, please?"

"This is he, how may I help?"

"Oh good, this is Yasmine Bloodworth, I'm your wedding planner. I understand from Michelle that you will be going to visit your parents next weekend."

"Yes."

"I was wondering if I could meet with you two, along with your parents. I would like to go through your old family photos to get pictures from your youth. I'll like to use them in the collage that will be projected at the reception? If that would be a problem, could you bring them back with you and we could just go through them with Michelle's parents later."

Why me lord? I didn't sign up for this, Garrett thought. The things we sell our soul to the devil for. All I've ever wanted was to be a partner in a top notched law firm and love the woman that was made for me. "I would rather we just bring them back to view later. My dad hasn't been feeling the best lately." Another lie. I need to get this lying under control.

"Great! Thank you, I will speak with the Weathermans and arrange a date and time with them. Have a great day."

Disconnecting the call. Garrett took a deep breath and wish that he could turn back the hands of time. Unfortunately he couldn't. Picking up his coffee, he carefully took a sip. Thinking back to what Michael said, he began to really question whether or not Delaney could actually be his. Nah not possible, and then he started to calculate the time frame. They're just full of shit. There's no way she could be my child, Simone would never keep her away from me, or would she? She doesn't even look white.





Loving Simone Part 6

Simone couldn't control the tears that blurred her eyes, she hadn't heard Garrett's voice in over a year. His voice still made her heart race. She couldn't take the pain talking to him caused. She picked up her purse, and strolled into the backyard, gave the older men some lame excuse about having to leave early. She took Delany from Papa Dee, kissed him and her dad goodbye. She re-entered the house and kissed her mom. Mama Dee was still busy on the phone talking to Garrett. Simone rapidly hugged her, waved at Mrs. Thompson and rushed out the door.

Tears had started to fall before she could buckle Delaney into her car seat. Her emotions were taking over. Tears mixed with her mascara ran down her face. The knowledge of knowing that the one man she gave her all to, had turned into a monster. She closed the backdoor to her car, and got in the drivers seat. She turned the ignition, starting the vehicle. She wiped her nose, and backed out of the driveway. How do you get over the person that caused your heart to beat? Garrett was the very breath she breathed. He completed her in every way and she hasn't felt completed since they separated.

Things had gotten so out of control between them, she had no idea if they could ever be fixed. She was so into her feelings she didn't notice she'd driven twenty minutes and Delaney had fallen asleep. Simone was pulling in her driveway, how did she get here? Simone parked, got out the car, still feeling lost in her feelings. She took baby girl into the house, up the stairs and tucked her in. Tonight was going to be one of those, I miss Garrett night.

She kissed Delaney's cheek, and strolled out her room. Simone entered her bedroom, straight to her closet, and grabbed the box from the back. She walked over to her bed, and slid the top off. In the box was all things Garrett; His college jersey, His favorite boxers he left over her house, and a gold watch she gave him for his birthday. She smiled, picking up a CD with a playlist she'd made after they officially broken up. The most important item in her box of memories was her engagement ring. It was a small diamond, but who the hell cared about shit like that. Garrett gave it to her that's all that mattered, and he wanted to marry her. She walked over to her dresser, and popped the CD in the player.

Simone took off her clothes, and changed into his jersey. She slipped the ring on her finger and crawled on her bed and hugged her pillow. Tears she'd try to hold, starting rolling down her cheek again. She couldn't stop the tears from filling her eyes and didn't want them too. Crying, turned to sobbing out loud, she let the love she still felt for him resurface. Her whole body trembled and hurt as Heather Headley sung about always being his girl.

Her heart was breaking all over again and with that came the memories. "Garrett, oh my God, Garrett, please come back to me. Why can't you see how much I love you," she said out loud. "You said it would always be you and me against the world. That our love could handle anything that came our way. Oh God, please don't let him marry her. How can he love someone else?"

She'd prayed for him to come back, and forgive her but she now was all prayed out now. That's all she ever prayed about, for Garrett to come back to her and Delaney. She wanted him there with them. Would Garrett accept Delaney? Would he take the role as her dad? To love her like a dad should.

She could not stop the memories, from flowing as Need You Now by Lady Antebellum. The pain consumed her entire body. She could feel her heart breaking into millions pieces. Simone's chest heaved up and down; she couldn't breath. She cried out for the love she lost. She accidently knocked the box off the bed, and pictures scattered everywhere. Before she realized it, she had kneeled before the pictures. Pictures of Garrett and her littered the floor.

One in particular caught her attention. It was a picture of Garrett smiling. "This was the day, you told me you loved me. Remember," she said looking at the picture "we had that picnic under the tree on campus." Tracing his face and then kissing his pictures as Whitney sung about how she would always love him. She just lay there on the floor listening to her missing Garrett's CD, making matters worse. The last song dug deeper into her emotions as she sat against the bed. The song was titled so perfectly, as she was truly all cried out over Garrett.

***

When Malcolm walked in from his night shift a little after twelve. He quickly realized what type of night it Simone was having. As he climbed the stairs, he could hear the songs blasting from her radio. He slowly opened her bedroom door, and Simone was sprawled out on the floor. He let out a deep sigh and placed his things on the side of the dresser, turning off the CD player. The scene in Simone's room caused his anger to escalate. How many times did he have to tell her she couldn't move on like this? He pulled the blanket off the bed, and covered her. He slipped off his shirt and headed to the bathroom to take a much-needed shower.

Fresh from the shower, he slipped on a pair of basketball shorts and stared at Simone as she slept on the floor. Her past with Garrett was all around her. He picked up one of the pictures, shaking his head. It was one of Simone and Garrett kissing at a photo booth. He placed it on the nightstand, and then bent down next to her. "Simone sweetie, let's go to bed." He took the blanket off, and gently picked her up. Malcolm cradled her to his chest. "You can't keep doing this to yourself. Baby, what happened? I thought we agreed no more, Miss Garrett episodes?" Malcolm placed her on the bed and joined her wrapping his arms around her.

Simone began to cry into his chest. "Malcolm, why can't I stop loving him? It's like everyday I'm not with him a piece of me dies," she wiped her tears.

"What brought this on?" He rubbed her back.

"Garrett called his mom tonight and I answered the phone without knowing it was him on the other end. I just lost it after I heard his voice," Simone wiped the tears on his chest with Garrett's jersey. "I can't explain it. My heart started racing, I couldn't breath, and I just had to get out of there," she sighed. "I just need to be close to him to feel whole again. I'm tired of living without my heartbeat."

Simone sat up and looked Malcolm in the eyes, "I can't do this anymore, how am I supposed to go on knowing that the most precious thing in my life is keeping Garrett and me apart."

"Simone, I don't know what to tell you. Delaney is my daughter and I love her to the moon and back, but I want what's best for the both of you." Malcolm gazed at her. "You need to talk to the asshole."

***

Did he just say what she thought he said. Contact Garrett? She had to admit to herself that's what she wanted to do. "Are you suggesting that I contact Garrett Hollowell? Do you not remember what happened the last time?"

"Yes, I am, and yes I do remember. Come on, that's really what you want to do anyways?"

She couldn't believe he's for real. "Garrett called me every name but a child of God when I went to his office," she squeezed the pillow. "The entire firm heard him when he called me a two timing bitch. I was so embarrassed when I left his office." Simone got out of the bed and began pacing the floor. "Before I left he told me that he never wanted to speak with me again after I got pregnant." She stared at Malcolm. "With your baby," she raised a brow. "He never once asked me if there was chance that she could be his. Not once." She stopped pacing, holding up one finger. Simone continued, feeling the burning of tears in her eyes. "That he would make sure that everyone knew what a lying cheating bitch I was sleeping with her best friend behind his back." She sighed. "He wouldn't even tell me who told him we slept together. I couldn't even get a word in. Even if I was to have told him that Delaney was his, he wouldn't have heard me." Sadness had turn into frustration, then anger. Her nose flared, "the look in his eyes, cut me deep. I could see and feel his pain." Simone hadn't realized that she was rubbing the spot over her heart, feeling those raw emotions again. Shaking her hand away, she continued. "I could tell he wanted to hurt me with his words, just as much as he was hurting. It was as if he was slowly dying inside."

"No matter how much I love him, how much my heart needs him," Simone softly added. "I don't know if I could go through that again." Her whole body yearned to go see him and make him realize what a mistake all of this had been. The time they have missed out on because of misunderstandings on both of their parts.

"If you want, I will be there with you when you talk to him," Malcolm mentioned.

Huh, he must have fallen and bumped his head. "You and Garrett in a room together is not the brightest idea you've had. Especially with the fact that he called baby girl a bastard," Simone could see them going at it. "Two seconds in the room and the two of you will be fighting. And sad thing is, I don't know who will throw the first punch. You or him."

That caused Malcolm to chuckle, "You are probably right, but seriously you should try to work your differences out. At least for your peace of mind, just try. Now can we go to sleep, I've had a hard day at hospital. I don't need to remind you what it's like being a nurse."

"Uh no," she pointed at her bedroom door. "Guest room Boo Boo, I'm not sleeping with your wild behind tonight. Out!!"

"Alright, alright," Malcolm raised his hands in surrender, "but you're going to miss me when Delaney' leaves for Florida. I promise, I will not be back until she returns." Malcolm laughed, walking to the door.

"Whatever," she yelled. "I couldn't get rid of you before Delaney, what makes you think I will after she leaves later today?"

"You might be right," Malcolm exited the room, closing the door behind him. Simone walked over to the dresser and turn the CD player back on and listened to the melodies as they attempted to smooth her broken heart. She slowly made it to the comfortable bed, and pulled the covers over her body. Simone's favorite song lulled her to sleep as Whitney sung about almost having it all with the man she loved.





Loving Simone Part 7

Garrett placed his hands in his front pockets as he strolled along the lake in the park. He watched a man and his daughter feeding the ducks, and his mind drifted off again. Could the baby actually be mine? Is it possible? He questioned himself. I guess it is possible. If Simone's daughter was his, she would've surely told him. Right?

Maybe that's what she was trying to tell me via all those emails and phone calls. Did I let my anger possibly get in the way of knowing my own daughter? "My daughter?" he whispered. "Oh God, if she is my baby, what have I done?"

He walked back towards his truck, and his phone rung. It was Michelle. He hung his head with a sigh, "Why me Lord?" Because you need that promotion, he answered himself.

"Hello," he didn't mean to sound harsh, he had so much on his mind.

"Garrett, why haven't you called me?" She demanded. "You have to be at my parents tonight for dinner at seven. I left you a couple of messages." She added. "We are meeting with the Barner's. I think you should wear that black suit with the purple shirt," she didn't let him get a word in as she continue, telling him how to dress. Like if he hadn't been doing it before he met her. "It looks really good on you. I'll expect you here by six to pick me. I don't want to be late."

Garrett raked his fingers through his hair in frustration. The nerve of this woman, demanding shit from him without even asking first. "Michelle, I don't know who the fuck you are use to dealing with, but I do not take orders from you or your father," he raised his voice. "If you think, I'm going to bow down to you; you've lost your fucking mind."

"I'm sorry," her voice softly, making him feel like a jerk, "but I just thought that since Mr. Barner was one of the partners you would jumped at the opportunity to attend dinner."

Pinching the bridge of his nose Garrett responded, "Yes that's fine," he sighed. He shouldn't take it out on Michelle; he knew what he was getting into. "Next time ask. I will be there at six-thirty. Be ready or I'm leaving you." Not giving her a chance to speak, he disconnected the call, and got into his truck. After starting up the ignition, the Bruno Mars song about when he was someone's man and all the things he didn't do to make sure that they remained together blasted through his speakers. He couldn't or didn't want to listen to the words at the moment. They'd promised each other that they could make it through anything, but they both broke that promise. Garrett turned the knob on the radio, shutting it off, and proceeded to his house for a workout, before his charade later on with his soon to be in-laws. Michael's last words were still ringing true in the silence of the truck. Why didn't he see it sooner? He shook his head in shame, Delaney wasn't to blame for what her mother did or didn't do. She was the only innocent person in all of this. If she was his child, he'd already missed out on her first year. "Fuck Simone!"





Loving Simone Part 8

Garrett pulled up into Michelle's driveway, making sure not to run over her perfectly manicured lawn. A quick flick of his wrist, he glanced at his gold watch it was six thirty precisely. With the truck idling, he beeped the horn for Michelle to come out. As expected she took her time coming out her house, and locking the door. She sashayed like she was modeling for a fucking fashion show down the pathway from her house to the driveway as if she didn't have a care in the world. Michelle smiled as she grabbed the handle to his truck, opening the door and hopped in, slamming the door.

"Hi," She grinned.

Annoyed that she slammed the door, Garrett glared at her.

Her smiled disappeared, and she rolled her eyes at him, pulling out her cellphone from her fancy clutch. Garrett ignored her. He wasn't in a talking mood. He put the truck in reverse hitting the accelerator a little to hurt, causing her to fall back in her seat. He couldn't help but smirk, "Sorry"

As Garrett was heading to the Weatherman's home he looked over at Michelle. She was playing with her phone and not paying him any attention. The silence was killing him. He couldn't afford to think about Simone or that situation. Michael had planted a seed and it was growing. Damn Michael and his meddling ass.

He jerked his head in the direction of the radio, "Hey if you want you can turn the radio on." Michelle quickly turned it on and instantly Mariah Carey blasted through the speakers cooing about true love belonging together. Simone immediately flashed through his mind. Garrett pressed the button on the steering wheel changing the channel. Keith Urban started singing about thinking of that someone special. Caught up with thoughts of him and Simone, he realized how much he truly missed her. He drew in a long breath and released it. He missed caressing her brown skin as he made sweet love to her. Vanilla. She tasted and smelled of vanilla. "Holy hell," he whispered to himself. There was no other woman he wanted to make love to more than Simone. And there fucking sessions could last for hours. His dick jerked as he thought of the last time they had sex. Garrett re-positioned in the driver seat to ease the pain his dick was causing against his zipper.

"Fuck" he whispered. The sounds of Keith Urban had transition into the next song. He had to truly admit that Prince and The Family played on his emotions with Nothing Compares to You. Prince pulled the strings of his emotion. He actually missed Simone. Lonely even though Michelle was in vehicle with him, he felt like a piece of him was missing and listening to the song he realized it was. As the tune played, his thoughts drifted to when they met.

"Garrett!!!!"

So into his thoughts about Simone, he hadn't realized he almost ran a red light. Garrett slammed on brakes. "Shit!" he yelled as he tried to get the truck under control. Stopping inches before colliding with another vehicle. "I'm going to fuck Michael up when I see him. Shit!!" He griped the steering wheel tighter to calm his nerves.

"What the hell does Michael have to do with you nearly killing us?" Michelle held on tightly to the handrail, her chest heaving up and down from the fright of Garrett nearly hitting the car in the intersection. "I know this isn't your traditional engagement, however do you have to kill me before we're married."






 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.