Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Author's Note: I've revised this story, and decided to post it to this site. The original story was posted on Fictionpress. There are a couple of chapters already completed which I'll post soon, depending on what you guys think. :)




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Siriphana Howard was just beginning her freshman year of college when she happened to meet a guy who now had become her best friend in the entire world.His name happens to be Nicholas Clayton, the smartest person Siri knew.

Struggling to get used to her new school environment while keeping her 3.5 gpa, she chose to get a tutor to make sure she never fell behind.

That person being Nicholas.

Now at the beginning of her third semester, she could not be happier to have someone like him in her life. After tutoring with him for almost an entire year, the genuine connection that they felt for one another was unavoidable making them both come to the conclusion that they both made wonderful friends.

So her second year at JWU Miami was about to start and she was on the road headed to Wisconsin to enjoy the holidays with her bestfriend Nicholas.

"Nicholas, please stop. That's personal." Siriphana shouted. Looking at Nicholas with a scared expression.

They had decided to stop at a hotel, and spend the night there since they both didn't want to finish the five hour drive back up state.

Nicholas had just came out of their shared bathroom and saw Siri sitting Indian style on her separate bed, Writing something down in a small blinged out book.

Deciding he wanted to fuck with her to get a reaction, he took the book swiftly from her hands.

"Hmm, why so nervous Siri?" He pretended to examine the book and began to open it up, when he felt his body being lifting off of his feet.

Flying backwards he felt his back hit the softness of the bed while his front felt the weight of his best friend, as she landed with him after her tackle.

She swiftly; for someone her size, snatched it from his hands and sprinted back to her bed. Where she tucked the book back into her belongings. Once that was done she turned around and glared at him from beneath her long lashes.

In return Nicholas just grinned and shrugged his shoulders. Before going to his own bag to pull out a clean worn band shirt to sleep in.

He looked over to see Siri still brewing from his teasing. "Listen, sweetness you can't stay mad at me. You know that." He walked over and sat down on her bed right in front of her. "I was just joking around, Siri. So forgive me already and get your little ass in bed. We have a early start in the morning."

At his reference of her behind she laughed, and pushed him against his shoulder. "You know my ass is far from being "little," " She said using her hand to signify quotation marks.

He took Siri's hand and turned her sideways. Proceeding to act like he was observing her very abundant round ass.

"You definitely got that right."

Gasping, Siriphana hit him playfully on the chest."Oh my god. Get off of my bed you asshole."

He chuckled and got to his feet. Walking over to his bed he got into it, as she got into her's and tucked herself underneath the fluffy comforter.

"You know Siri, I really think you're going to enjoy meeting my family." He turned on his side to look over at her.

She stared back into his green eyes. "Yea, the only thing I'm actually worried about…. is will they enjoy meeting me."

Nicholas feigned a shocked looked. "Hmm, do I hear doubt?" He smiled at her sheepish look. "Relax, everything will be fine. You'll have fun. They will love you."

He looked at her and gave a serene smile.

She turned out the lamp placed in the middle of their bed, right when she was closing her eyes a thought occurred to her.

"Nicholas, you don't think that your parents would think that I'm your girlfriend or anything like that do you?"

At that question Nicholas burst with laughter, insulting Siriphana deeply.

"No way. I already told them that I'm bringing a very great friend along and that's all."

Siri felt her throat grow tight as she whispered "OK." Before turning her back to him. She was quiet as possible. Making sure that he couldn't see,or hear her softly cry.

'I need to stop. He is never gonna return the little crush that I have for him. Hell! I'm lucky to have him as a good friend, considering where so different.' She berated herself. 'I have to let these silly feelings go.'With that thought she fell asleep.
*

The following morning she was awaken by the light shaking Nicholas gave her shoulder. When she opened her eyes they collided with the concern ones of Nicholas.

"Are you ok?" He questioned.

She sat up and took in her surroundings before looking back at him. "Yes. Why wouldn't I be?" she questioned.

"Well I saw tear tracks on your cheeks and thought you had a nightmare or something."

At his words Siriphana immediately threw back the covers and went into the bathroom to wash her face.

When she came back out she looked at him. "Yeah, I had a bit of a scare last night." She cleared her throat. "But I'm alright. I believe."

She walked over to her stuff and grabbed a couple of her necessities and a pair of clothes so she could shower. Seeing as he was already fully dressed and ready to go.

"While you take a shower I can call and have breakfast brought up for us." He turned towards the phone on the nightstand.

"No thank you" She called from over her shoulder. "I'm not that hungry right now."

"You sure?" He called with skepticism in his voice.

"Yes!" She yelled before closing the door and turning on the shower.

She stepped in and let the warm water take her away.

Wishing she could say in their forever, but figuring it wouldn't be such a good idea. Siri got out of the shower after about 20 minutes and got dressed in a pair of dark skinny jeans and a long floral printed ruffle shirt that gave the illusion that it was more of a mini sundress rather than a shirt. A pair of thick wool coated calf boots, and then she donned a thick sweater to shield her arms to the frigid weather.

After brushing her teeth and pulling her thick mane of fluffy hair into a high ponytail she came out and discovered Nicholas sitting at the table with a mouth full of food; looking at his phone.

When he sensed her presences he looked up and worked to swallow his food before saying. "Wow you look nice." Siri was so happy about her milk chocolate complexion at that moment, because he couldn't see her blush .

"You ready?" He asked sweeping some of his unruly hair away from his eyes to look at her.

She nodded. He got up from his seat and went over to the bed to grab his overnight bag. "Did you pack everything back into your bag?" he said turning about to find her bag she placed by the bathroom door.

"Yeah. I got everything."

"Great, so let's just go check out and then get back on the road. I'm ready to see my family."

They checked out of the room and returned the keys, before they put their things back in the car and set out into traffic again.

Siriphana checked the time, 8:45 am. 'Great we should be at his parents house at about 1:30 or 2, give or take.'

She turned up the music a little, before sitting back and taking in the beautiful morning from the passenger seat.

"Siri?" Nicholas called.

"Yes?" She answered looking over at him.

"Do you have any other family? I mean, I know you were the only child, and that your parents died." He glanced at her, before turning his eye back to the road ahead. "What I'm trying to ask, is whether you have family that you could spend the holidays with."

Siriphana sat straight up, and looked at him with worry written over her entire face.

"Do you not want me to spend them with you guys?" She asked with a shaky voice.

Finally realizing how it must have sounded to her he quickly reassured her and clarified himself.

Glancing over at her for a split second he could still see the tenseness of her body. "Siri, I mean it. I'm happy to have you with me for the holiday." He placed his free hand over on top of hers, to find that she was shaking slightly.

He felt horrible for bringing the subject up so he just squeezed her hand, and kept his eyes straightforward to focus on the slightly icy road.
**

Siriphana had fallen asleep again over the course of the ride. When she awakens Nicholas was pulling into a magnificent two story house the color of toffee that had a complete wraparound porch. On the left side of the house was a two car garage. Nicholas came to a stop in the driveway and looked over at her.

"We have arrived, Sweetness." He stretched and opened the door.

He got out of the car and leaned down to peer inside. "Well come on."

Siriphana wiped her clammy hands on the fabric of her dark skinnies, before she grabbed the handle of the door. Stepping out she went around the car to the trunk to help Nicholas with their luggage.

Before they could finish unloading the trunk. The front door to the house swung open and a middle age, average height, Auburn haired woman ran through the doors.

"Nik! Look at my baby!" She yelled.

Nicholas watched the woman advance, while holding his arms out wide. The light snowing had prohibited Siriphana's vision but as she got closer she could tell right away who the woman was.

"Mom, how are you doing?" He embraced her lovely, letting his head rest atop of her's. "I've missed you."

His mother looked up into his eyes with watery ones of her own. "Nik, I love having you back home."

He gave her one of his infamous chuckles before saying. "Be careful mom I just got back. You're stuck with me for weeks." He looked back up to the front of the house. "Where's dad?"

Letting his mother go he turned and picked up bags, Siriphana followed suit and they were headed towards the house.

"Your father is in that man cave of his" She said as they entered the house.

All of a sudden his mother gasped loudly and looked to her. "I'm so sorry, my dear! That was so rude of me. My name is Paula Clayton. You must be the friend my son was telling me about. Siriphana is it."

Siriphana nodded her head and held her hand out. "Yes it is ma'am, call me Siri if you want. Everyone does."

Paula glanced down at her extended hand. Before knocking it out of the way and putting her arms around her instead. "None of that Ma'am stuff, it's Paula alright, love."

"My family is big on touching Siri. I hope you don't mind." Nicholas stated, giving his mother a look.

Though caught off guard; Siri didn't find it that unbearable, and so she shook her head signaling that she didn't mind.

At that moment Nicholas dad decided to make an appearance after hearing all the chatter coming from the foyer.

"Hey, old man." Nicholas beamed.

He embraced his son and gave him a fatherly pat on the back once, before letting him go. "Welcome home son." He said in a deep gravelly voice.

"Dad this is my friend, Siriphana Howard. She's going to be spending the holidays with us this year."

"That is if you guys don't mind, sir." Siri said, as she extended her hand.

Following the actions of Paula, Nicholas's dad pulled her to him for a quick hug before letting her go. "The name is Donny, Siri. I'm glad to finally see the woman my son speaks so highly of."

At Donny's words Siri felt her face heat up.

Donny elbowed his wife. "She's blushing. How cute." The two parents shared a laugh.

Siri eyes bulged and she touched her mahogany cheek in wonder 'How can they tell?'

"Oh you guys, cut it out." Nicholas chastised them as if they were kids. Both parents held their hands behind their back as they snickered silently. Shaking his head Nicholas picked up his arm load of bags.

"I'm going to show her to her room. Then I'm going to lay down for a bit I had a long ride, but I'll meet you guys for dinner."

Paula could see the fatigue in her son's face, she began to worry. "Son tell me you didn't drive the entire way."

Nicholas gave her a smile to ease her worry. "No Mom, we flew out of Miami and stopped in Illinois to get a car to drive the rest of the way."

Feeling at ease a bit, Paula let them go. Once upstairs Nicholas passed a couple of doors until he reached one on the far end facing the back yard. Opening the door he allowed her to enter first before he followed with her bags.

Siriphana took in her surroundings and fell in love. The room was more modern, and she could tell that they loved windows because the room was adored with them. It was open and colorful, painted in a dusty burnt orange, and a chocolate brown. It seemed to fit her to a T; turning to Nicholas she beamed.

"Thank you so much. I love it here already!" She said excitedly.

Nicholas walked over to her and hugged her. "Thata girl. I'm glad that you do. I told you that you had nothing to worry about."

Siri began to feel all twisted up inside, so she pushed at his chest playfully. "Alright time for you to get some rest. I can tell you're tired."

He yawned at that moment giving truth to her statement. "Your right I'll see you at dinner, ok."

She nodded and watched him walk out of the door before sitting down on her new bed. Smiling to herself she scooted back on the bed and found a remote on the night stand. Flipping it on, she found the ID Channel and got sucked into detective crime solving shows.

Before she knew it she had falling asleep sitting with her back against the headboard and the remote clutched in her hand.

She was awakened from her nap when her slouched body tilted over and hit the floor. She fell so hard she thought she shook the entire house. But when she realized no one came running out of their rooms she figured that everything was gravy.

She got back to her feet to realize that it was 10 minutes to 7 So she went to the bathroom and decided to freshen up for dinner. 5 minutes later she was on her way down the hall, and she thought about Nicholas and wondered where his room was located.

As she continued to wander the hall she walk by a room off to her right and heard a voice. As she advanced closer she realized that the door was cracked.

"I know. I know that I promised you I would call when I arrived but I forgot."

Siriphana smiled 'Nicholas', pushing the door open she stared at what had to be the sexiest site of all time.

Nicholas was standing with his bare chest on full display; still dripping with water from a shower, and a towel securely wrapped around his lower region.

Not noticing because his back was turned, Nicholas continued to speak into his phone. “I understand that it was later than I planned, but the point is that I-…" His voice trailed off as he turned around at that moment and saw her standing in the doorway to his room.

He looked at her, surprised at first, but then his facial expression turned fierce.

"Who the hell are you!?" He barked. "Why are you just standing there staring at me?" Nicholas asks.

Completely caught off guard at his hostile tone and the look of non-recognition on his face caused her to gape like a fish out of water, as she unknowingly backed out into the hallway; away from the man she thought she knew well.

Just then she felt something collide directly into her. Startled she was able to turn her attention away from Nicholas's angry green eyes.

Only to find her eyes collide with the same beautiful green eyes she'd just turned from. Flabbergasted she whipped her head around once more fast enough to give her whiplash, to find the angry ones staring directly down on her now.

Shocked out of her mind, Things started to come together for her finally, as the real Nicholas spoke.

"Siri, I see you have had the displeasure of meeting my twin brother… Noah."





Chapter End Notes:
BOOM! Nicholas has a TWIN. OH boy. Btw I hope the formatting appears okay, bc I had to do the copy and paste method, since the file wouldn't load. If you enjoyed the first chapter, PLEASE let me know. If so I'll post the other chapter! Much Love SH






Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.