Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Evangeline and John finally talk.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


They walked to the coffee house neither of them saying anything along the way but glanced at each other when the other wasn’t looking. They both thought about what they would say when they reached the coffee house and neither had come to any conclusion by the time they reached their destination.  Evangeline led John to a small room on the side.  He looked at her questioningly and she said that she knew about the room because she had met here several times with a language group to which she belonged.  John nodded and entered the room after her and closed the door.

 

“Evangeline I meant every word that I said back at the meeting hall.  I love you and I want to marry you.  I’m glad that you read my letter.  I’m thankful that Nora actually sent it.  I didn’t think that I would ever see you again but I wanted you to know how I really feel about you.  It took me a long time and a lot of therapy to finally rid myself of all that negative energy that bound me for so many years. I can honestly say that I am a new person now.  New in the sense that I don’t feel burdened down with regret and feel that I have to be anyone’s rescuer.  After such a long time in the dark I want to relish in the light.  You are my light Evangeline.  Please give me a chance to love you how you should be loved.  Please give me a chance at happiness because you are my happiness.  If I know that there’s a chance I will stick with you forever.”

 

At those words, the words that I said to him so many years ago, ‘if I know that there’s a chance I will stick with you forever’, I kissed him.  I couldn’t help myself.  I know it may seem weak of me but I don’t care. I almost died.  The next moment of life is not guaranteed to any of us.  I will grab my chance at happiness and not let go.  So I took it.  I took my chance. I grabbed him and kissed him with all the fervor I could muster.  I kissed him while letting go of all the hurt that we caused each other. I kissed him while thanking God for giving us another chance at love.  I kissed him knowing that we still had things to discuss but now at this moment ‘I will relish in the light’.

 

She totally surprised me.  She is kissing me.  I am kissing her.  Oh how I have missed her gorgeous lips.  Oh how I missed the smell of her and the taste of her.  She fits me like a glove.  We fit each other perfectly.  I don’t care why she’s kissing me I just thank God that she is. Does this mean that she will marry me?  Does this mean that she loves me?  I won’t say that she still loves me.  I want her love ‘anew’.  I want a new love with her, a love without all of the hurt and doubt. We can do this.  With her we can do anything that we set our minds to do.  Are we on one accord? Do we agree?  I will ask her later but now I will enjoy the kiss. Oh how I love her.

 

The kiss seems to go on forever but it really only lasted a few moments.  We both parted for air and looked at each other and smiled.

 

“Okay what did that kiss mean to you Evangeline?  I hope that it means to you what it means to me.  I hope that it means that you want to be with me.  Does it?  Please say that it does.  I know that we still have things to discuss and work out but do you want me? Do you want a life with me Evangeline?  If it sounds like I’m begging, I don’t care.  If that is what it takes to get you back in my life I will get on my knees and grovel. I will.”

 

“John, you don’t have to get on your knees, just yet.  The kiss means that I wanted to kiss you.  It means that I want a chance with you.  We still have things that we need to discuss but not in this public place.  The kiss says that I hear you John and that I want to continue hearing you. I am so glad that you are better and have resolved your ‘issues’.  You’re not the only one.  I also had issues to resolve but I don’t want to talk about them here and now.”

 

“So you want to continue to talk to me?  Great! How about we meet for dinner? If we want a private conversation I know this restaurant where we can have our own private room.  What do you say, are you available tonight?  I don’t want to lose this momentum and I really don’t want to delay this discussion.  What do you say?

 

“It just so happens that I am free tonight.  Give me the address and I will meet you at the restaurant.  What’s the dress code at the restaurant?

 

“Business professional.  Here’s the address. At what time do you want to meet?

 

“Seven. Does that work for you?”

 

“I will make it work.  I know that we both need to return to work but thank you so much for this Evangeline.  I promise that you won’t regret your decision.  Thank you.”

 

“ I know that I won’t regret it John.  See you at seven.”

 

They exited the coffee house; she kissed his cheek and hailed a cab.  He stood on the sidewalk with a smile on his face that would lighten a darkened room.  He returned to his office at the DC FBI headquarters and breezed through his work with a new vigor.  He was seeing Evangeline tonight and all was right with the world.

 

Evangeline returned to her office with a new pep in her step and breezed through her files.  She was seeing John tonight and the world couldn't be better.  What a difference a day makes.  She had no idea when she woke up this morning what a change would occur in her life.  But she didn't care.  A near death experince taught her to count her blessings and hold them dear.  She would do just that.  Being with John again is a major blessing and she will hold it very dear, very dear indeed.

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

What happens at dinner?

Thnx for reading.  Do leave a review.  Reviews are like seeds, the more you plant the bigger the harvest.

 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.