Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Scene from Margie’s pregnancy and how Jethro copes.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

Days in the Lives of Jethro Gibbs and Family

 

 

Chapter 24  You want to eat what!

 

This is one night when Margie and I make it bed at a reasonable hour.  We both had a full and busy day at work and were both tired.  So it was no surprise that we were in bed by 9:00 p.m.  I know that I fell asleep as soon as my head hit my pillow.

 

I roll over and notice that Margie is not in the bed.  A look at the clock shows that it is 1:00 a.m. I listen for her in the bathroom but hear nothing.  Getting worried that my pregnant wife is up and about at this time in the morning I get up and check the guest bathroom and no Margie.  Walking down the hall returning to our bedroom I hear someone downstairs.  I go downstairs and find Margie in the kitchen looking in cabinets and the refrigerator freezer door is open.

 

“Margie what are you doing?  What are you looking for?

 

“Oh did I wake you Jethro?  I’m sorry.  I just want some cherry ice cream and sardines.  We don’t have any do we?”

 

To say that I am shocked would be an understatement.  Margie doesn’t really eat sweets and I have never seen her eat sardines.  Yuck, what a combination!

 

“No Margie we don’t have cherry ice cream or sardines.”

 

“But I want some can you go to the store and buy them for me?”

 

“Can you choose something else?  Maybe you can eat some tuna fish and vanilla ice cream.  We have those.”

 

Now I know that she does eat tuna fish and although we don’t usually have ice cream in the freezer we do tonight because I had some a few nights ago with apple pie.

 

“No Jethro I can’t.  I want cherry ice cream and sardines”she says with a pout.

 

“Okay let me get dressed and I will go and get them for you.”

 

She smiles and gives me a kiss and then goes and sits on the sofa to wait.  I go upstairs and get dressed and try to think of where I can find an all night grocery store. I leave and forty-five minutes later I return and Margie is still sitting on the sofa waiting for me. 

 

When I enter the house she grabs the bag and rushes to the kitchen. She pulls a bowl from the cabinet and a spoon from the drawer and then goes to the dining room table and places the bowl, spoon, ice cream and sardine tin on the table.  She opens the tin of sardines and dumps them in the bowl and then puts two scoops of cherry ice cream on top of the sardines. I stand there looking at that combination and try to keep my stomach from erupting.  She digs her spoon in to the bowl fills it with the ice cream and sardine and puts it in her mouth, chews and swallows and moans her delight.  Sitting at the table with her I watch her eat each spoonful.  

 

Once finished she takes everything to the kitchen, cleans up and then goes nonchalantly back upstairs.  I follow her back to our room.  She goes to the bathroom to brush her teeth and then goes back to bed.  I wash up in the bathroom and join Margie in the bed.  Margie thanks me for going out into the night to get her ice cream and sardines. She kisses my cheek then rolls over to sleep.  I cuddle up behind her and put my hand on her belly as I usually do and notice that the twins are not so busy after the meal.  I guess that the cherry ice cream and sardines satisfy them so now everyone can sleep.

 

 

A/N:  So of course we can’t have a pregnancy without cravings.  So Jethro, ever the dutiful husband, goes out in the wee hours of the morning to get what his wife needs.  The combination may seem strange but hey who are we to comment.  I am sure there have been stranger combinations.  Thnx for reading.






Chapter End Notes:

Thnx for reading.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.