Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Well since John has insisted that he accompany Antonio to Evangeline’s apartment clearly he disregards Evangeline’s assertion that she has nothing more to say to him. My goodness, if he had been this forceful in being in her company before the break-up perhaps they would still be a couple.  When Evangeline left his apartment she really did not seem in the mood for talking with John. Troubles may brew again for these two.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

ILLUMINATION

 

Chapter 3   A Plan of Action

 

 

At Evangeline’s apartment John and Antonio arrive at the same time and Antonio knocks at the door.  After a few knocks Antonio calls and gets her voice mail.  He knocks again,

 

“Evangeline it’s Antonio I need to talk with you.”

 

Evangeline slowly opens the door saying,  “Antonio I’m sorry I thought that you were John and I don’t want to talk with him.”

 

Once she opens the door fully she sees Antonio and John.

 

“Well since you’re both here I won’t be rude so come in.  I can guess what this is about.  So you know about Christian?  Before you answer let me just say that I would rather not be involved in any of this.  Antonio there are enough lawyers in Llanview that can handle this case for you.”

 

“But you are the best lawyer that I know Evangeline.  Why won’t you help me? Is it because of John?  Is it because of Natalie?  Is it because you think that people will say you’re only trying to get Christian released so that Natalie will stay away from John?  Come on Evangeline you’re better than that.  You don’t care what people think do you?”

 

“Antonio that’s cruel of you to say.  Have you forgotten how you felt when you found out that you were a Santi, how people reacted to you?  I’m human Antonio.  I bleed just like anybody else.”

 

“Evangeline that was unfair of me to say that to you. Yes I remember when I found out about being a Santi.  But please help me get Christian released.  I know that he did kill Tico but he wasn’t in his right mind.  That has to mean something.  I will pay you whatever you want just help me in this.”

 

“I don’t know Antonio.  It won’t be easy. He did kill Tico.  We would have to prove that he was brainwashed and that means we have to find out who brainwashed him and that person or those persons remain a mystery.”

 

“So will you do it, will you take his case?”

 

“Well I think that you should stop saying anything about this case with the police in the room.  John you have to leave.”

 

“But Evangeline I want to talk with you. Can I come back later?”

 

“John I said all that I intend to say to you when we were in your apartment.  Now please leave I really do not have the patience for you now.”

 

“All right I will leave but I’m not giving up on you Evangeline.”

 

“Whatever.  Goodbye John.”

 

John leaves and Evangeline and Antonio talk about Christian’s case.

 

“Evangeline are you going to talk with John later?”

 

“Antonio I will answer you this one time but please don’t ask me anymore about John.  I have nothing more to say to John.”

 

“All right I will leave you alone about John. Now how shall we handle Christian’s case?”

 

“First you need to have private investigators trying to find out who’s responsible for Christian’s kidnapping and brainwashing. You and I will go to the prison and meet with John Doe.  We will not reveal that we know who he really is because it may put him in more danger.”

 

“That sounds like a great plan Evangeline. Thank you so much for taking on this case.  I know that it can’t be easy for you so I really appreciate it.”

 

“I’m a lawyer Antonio, it’s what I do.”






Chapter End Notes:

John seems insistent on talking to Evangeline and she seems just as insistent on not talking with him.  These two will probably butt heads and who will be the last one standing?







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.