Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Llanview residents react to the engagement announcement of Evangeline and Ian.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

ILLUMINATION

 

(Llanview reacts to the news of the engagement)

 

Chapter 9            Regrets, recriminations and rejoicing

 

Evangeline Williamson, a leading attorney in Llanview, PA


is to be married to


Ian Baxter, a partner at the law firm


Nichols, Baxter and Lewis, LLP in London, England


A June wedding is planned.

 

 

The engagement announcement appears in the Sun and Banner newspapers on the society page.  By the time it appeared Evangeline had already spoken to her mother and Uncle Clay.  To say that Ms. Williamson was happy would be an understatement.  The reactions around Llanview ran the gamut from joy to dismay.

 

In the regrets column we have:

 

-The trial judges who knew that this news meant that one of the best attorneys in the area would soon leave and they all knew that this town and state could use a few more good attorneys like Evangeline Williamson.

 

-Evangeline’s clients who knew they would have a difficult time finding someone as conscientious as her and who would do as good a job of defending them

 

-Llanview police officers that appreciated the professional manner in which Ms. Williamson conducted business.  She was always thorough and fair in her dealings with the police officers.

 

-Would be clients who would not have her legal prowess at their disposal.

 

-The fellow lawyers in town who know that she is a great co-worker in the legal field.

 

In the recriminations column we have:

 

-John McBain who squandered his chance to have a life with her.  She offered him her love and he did not return it.

 

-RJ Gannon who also squandered his opportunity to have a meaningful relationship with Evangeline.  His possessive and controlling nature led to the demise of their relationship.

 

-All others in Llanview who did not recognize her worth and now will lose one of the shining stars of the community.

 

In the rejoicing column we have:

 

-Mrs. Williamson who considers Llanview a step down for her daughter and knows that Evangeline has more to offer than Llanview can ever appreciate.

 

-Nora Hanen, a close friend to Evangeline who only wants happiness for her friend.

 

-Todd Manning, another friend to Evangeline who knows that she deserves better than what Llanview can offer.

 

-Natalie Vega, not a friend to Evangeline.  Now with Evangeline engaged to someone other than John McBain Natalie has a clear path to win John, in case things don’t work out with Christian.

 

So there we have it the citizens of Llanview prepare for the wedding of the year, the wedding of Evangeline Williamson and Ian Baxter.

 

/

 

Michael McBain finds his brother John at sitting at a table in the back at Roadie’s.  By the look on John’s face Michael knew that his brother had either read the item in the paper or someone had told him.  John had a bottle of whiskey in front of him and a full glass in his hand.  

 

“John come on let me take you home.  You’ve had enough for tonight.”

 

“Why should I go home Michael?  There’s nothing and no one for me there.  Just leave me alone with my bottle and everything will be fine.”

 

“John you drinking yourself into oblivion will not change anything.  What did you expect Evangeline to do?  Was she supposed to sit around forever waiting for you to make up your mind to join the real world and accept the love that she was offering you?  You broke her heart John and she could no longer endure your back and forth between her and Natalie.  You guys broke up months ago.  In all of that time did you do anything to win her back?”

 

“Why didn’t she wait for me Michael?  I never wanted to break up with her but I didn’t know how to fix what was wrong between us.  After the prison riot I tried talking to her several times but she won’t talk to me.  I messed up Michael and now she’s lost to me forever.”

 

“Come on John let’s go.  You need to go home and sleep this off.  Things will look better in the morning.”

 

“It won’t look any better for me Michael.  With Evangeline gone, it won’t ever look any better for me.”

 

Michael takes his brother home and settles him in bed and leaves.  Although he knows that his brother brought this on himself Michael feels a little sorry for John.  Evangeline was good for John but John couldn’t see through his ‘issues’ to make the relationship work.  Michael likes Evangeline and hopes only the best for her.






Chapter End Notes:

Hey everyone!  Who's looking forward to the wedding?  I am.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.