Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The relationship grows and only good things are in store for Evangeline and Ian.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

ILLUMINATION

 

(All right, all right before you guys revolt and say that Evangeline knows nothing about this Ian guy and how can she even consider thinking about having a relationship with him.   Do remember that she knew next to nothing about John before she starting sleeping with him.  At least Ian Baxter seems to have something to offer her.  Give it a read and you will surprise yourself as to how much you enjoy it.  Here’s hoping that you do.)

 

 

Chapter 7    The Light of Love

 

 

They sit and eat their lunch both giddy about what they decided to do.  For the next few days they spend every available moment together until Ian has to leave for London.  The next week goes by too slowly for Evangeline and she finds that she misses Ian more than she thought that she would.

 

When he returns on that Friday, she rushes to greet him and hugs him tight.

 

“Oh so you missed me as much as I missed you even though we talked on the phone every day?”

 

“Yes I did so sue me.”

 

“No I’d rather kiss you.”  And so he did. It is their first kiss.

 

/

 

For the next 1 1/2 months Evangeline and Ian go to parks, boat rides, ballet, opera, concerts, dinners in restaurants or at Evangeline’s apartment or room service in Ian’s room.  When Evangeline isn’t’ working she’s with Ian.  Two weeks before their two months have expired they talk about the progress that they have made.

 

“So Evangeline what do we do now?”

 

“Do now about what Ian?”

 

“Don’t play with me I’m being serious.”

 

“I know.  This time with you has been glorious.  I have never felt so cherished and desired.  But is it enough to make a life on?  Do we love each other?  I’ve been in one sided relationships before and I will not do that again.  My heart can’t take it.”

 

“You want to know if I love you.  Well as you said one sided relationships aren’t good for me either so I want to know if you love me.  I told you from the beginning that I want to marry you. I don’t believe in a loveless marriage.  So let me declare it so that you have no doubts.

 

I, Ian Baxter, love you Evangeline Williamson.  I love you with all that is within me.”

 

Evangeline stands there in awe of the power of Ian’s words and how each word seems emphasized by his eyes.  She knows in her heart how she will respond.  This is new for her, to love and be loved.

 

“I, Evangeline Williamson, love you Ian Thomas Baxter.  I love you more than I have ever loved anyone.”

 

This time when they kiss they know that it only the beginning.  Evangeline has chosen to leave the darkness behind and Ian has found the one who captured his heart so many years ago.  Looks like Llanview will soon lose one of their shining stars to the country across the pond.

 

 

(So there you have it!  Llanview’s loss is London’s gain.  Now I know some of you are probably ready  to jump ship but Evangeline deserves a lot more than John has to offer and it didn’t look like John was willing to make any substantial changes in his life. Ian Baxter has my vote because he values Evangeline and every person wants to be valued.  Hope that you are enjoying this little story of mine. Come back again and read it. You’ll probably fall in love with it.  I totally love writing it.  We are not finished.)

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

So when is the wedding and how will Llanview react?  Read on and find out for yourself.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.