Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

From Chaos to What?  Chaos is a ladder

 

 

(These next chapters have our characters spinning out of control and skipping rungs on the ladder as they go.  You know how sometimes life throws you a ‘curve ball’ and you lose your grip and try to regain your footing.  Just think of that happening ten-fold and you’ll know what our characters are experiencing.)

 

 

Chapter 3

 

While Evangeline and Todd sit calmly in his room recovering from Cristian’s outburst things also appear calm in a different room in Llanview General Hospital.

 

Here we find Lt. John McBain of the Llanview Police Department (LPD) waiting for the his turn to talk with Margaret Cochran; Officer Stevens of the LPD standing guard at the head of the bed of the patient; Margaret Cochran the patient who lies there wondering who all these people are in this room and why are they looking at her.  She’s not sure if the officer standing next to her bed is here to protect her or to protect the other people from her; Dr. Spencer Truman stands quietly smirking all the while because Margaret doesn’t know who he is; and Dr. Laramore the attending physician. 

 

After Dr. Laramore finishes with Margaret, John begins to record his interrogation of Margaret.  She says that she doesn’t remember anything about Llanview or recognize anyone in the room.  She asks John why is she here.  John replies that she’s here so that they can g-l-e-a-n (to gather information bit by bit) how she managed to fake her death and leave the country.  When John says the word glean, Margaret’s eyes widen and she looks directly at Spencer Truman.  

 

As if someone ‘flipped a switch’ Margaret’s entire demeanor changes from the timid and confused individual to a woman full of rage. 

 

She shouts, “Spencer, where is my baby!”  

 

Everyone in the room looks at her like she’s the girl in the Exorcistmovie scene.  You remember the part where she vomits and her head turns around on her neck.  Yes that’s how Margaret looks.  She directs all of her attention to Dr. Spencer Truman and doesn’t even give him time to respond.  

 

She continues to rant and rave, 

 

“Spencer you did all of this to take Blair away from Todd!  You took my baby to force me to help you!”  

 

At that point John does interject, 

 

“Ms. Cochran are you saying that Todd Manning was arrested for your murder all due to some plot by Dr. Truman?”  

 

John can’t believe what she is saying.  Margaret emphatically replies, 

 

“Yes!”

 

Not once does she take her eyes from Spencer.  

 

John then says, “So Todd Manning was executed for nothing.”  

 

Margaret’s entire body tenses and she screams, “Spencer you killed my Todd!”  

 

And as if in the blink of an eye and before anyone else knows what is happening or why it is happening shots ring out.

 

 

(Instant replay)

 

If you were a fly on the wall you would not believe the things that happen either.  After John says that Todd was executed, but before he can say that Todd is still alive, Margaret loses all sense of reality.  She grabs the gun from the holster of Officer Stevens and puts a bullet in the forehead of one Spencer Truman who drops dead to the floor. She then puts the gun in her mouth and pulls the trigger falling back on the bed ‘dead as a doorknob’.

 

John thinks that if he had not taped Margaret’s interrogation that no one would believe what just transpired.  He finally presses ‘stop’ on this tape recorder.

 

 

A/N:  Don’t shoot me! (pun intended).  Another short chapter but hey they say good things come in small packages and this is a small package and it was good, right!












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.