Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

From Chaos to What?  Chaos is a ladder

 

(This is a short chapter capturing Evangeline and Todd’s interaction after Cristian’s departure.  Consider it the first rung in the ladder.)

 

 

Chapter 2

 

During the entire exchange of words between Evangeline and Cristian, Todd sits in his bed ready to intercede when he sees fit.  When Cristian grabs Evangeline Todd is about to pull the IVs from his arms and jump out of the bed to beat Cristian to a pulp but he sees that Evangeline has control of the situation and sits quietly in his bed not wanting to interrupt them.  Todd remembers when Cristian convinced him to fire Evangeline as his attorney.  Looking back at it now Todd should have realized then that Cristian had ulterior motives and not that he was simply concerned about Evangeline’s health.  Cristian failed to understand that Evangeline Williamson is an extraordinary woman.  She will push through whatever adversity comes her way.  She didn’t get to be where she is without conquering some ‘giants’ along the way.  Don’t underestimate her.  

 

Todd’s watching her as she stands in the middle of the room long after Vega has left.  He knows that she needs time to ‘recalibrate’ her center, to find her ‘calm after the storm’.  He will give her a few more minutes then he will talk with her.  Then he hears, 

 

“Todd I’m sorry you had to witness that.  You have enough on your plate than being a party to my drama.”  

 

To give her a directional clue to make it over to him Todd says, 

 

“No apology needed.  I’m just glad to be here as your back-up.  I was preparing to jump out of the bed when he put his hands on you but then I saw that you had everything under control so I stayed my hand.”  

 

Evangeline follows the sound of his voice and walks to his bed.  She feels for the chair that is by his bed and sits down on it. Feeling a little forlorn she tries to put on a brave face but Todd is having none of that.  

 

“Evangeline you never have to pretend with me.  If you’re disappointed or sad about Vega leaving you can feel that in front of me.  You choose your friends, not me.  I’m just glad to be counted as one of your friends.  That’s not to say that I like Vega all that much but I was willing to tolerate him because he is part of your life.  So if you want to cry, or scream, or mope, or pout then go ahead. I’m not going anywhere.  By the way, how did you get here because if Vega brought you then you just lost your ride home?”  Todd jokes.

 

Evangeline smiles and says, “You know what you’re right.  I guess that I will have to take a taxi.”  And with that the two friends sit in a comfortable silence.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.