Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

From Chaos to What?  Chaos is a ladder

 

 

Chapter 6

 

Todd does talk with John a few days after Evangeline’s release from the hospital.  John is hesitant to reveal his true reasons for helping but Todd isn’t in the newspaper reporting business for nothing and he finally gets John to admit that he wants another chance with Evangeline.  Todd asks John if that is so then why is he still with Natalie because women don’t usually want to get involved with a man if he’s already with someone else.  John informs Todd that he broke things off with Natalie before he came to the hospital to see Evangeline.  The problem is that Natalie thinks that John is only doing this because Evangeline is in need and John is just playing the part of the knight in shining armor. Natalie contends that as soon as Evangeline is back taking care of herself then John will come back to her, his one true love, his soul mate.  Todd tells John that it sounds like Natalie might need to spend some time in counseling at St. Anne’s.  Not that it is a laughing matter since Natalie’s mother, Todd’s sister, has mental health issues but Todd assures John that a person can only control themselves and not someone else.  Todd does warn John not to play with Evangeline’s emotions.  If John is serious about having a relationship with Evangeline he will have to work hard to convince her because she does not trust John.  He betrayed her by pursuing a relationship with Natalie so soon after his breakup with Evangeline and as far as Todd knows John never asked Evangeline for a second chance. John agrees with Todd that it will take a herculean effort on his part to win back her trust and love but John says that he has no choice but to at least try because he wants a life with Evangeline.    John tells Todd that if he tries to romance Evangeline now she will consider it as pity but neither can he afford to wait because the more time that passes the more the love she once had for him will diminish.  

 

As odd as it may seem Todd gives John some advice, 

 

“John, tell Evangeline everything that you just told me.  Sit down with her and tell her how you feel and what you want to happen and ask her to give you the chance to prove to her that you are sincere. I agree that you don’t want any more time to pass and you certainly don’t want Natalie coming back into the picture.  Speaking of which, you do know that you are to blame for a lot of the damage done by Natalie to your relationship with Evangeline.  No man can flip flop between two (2) women and not expect trouble.  If Evangeline is the one that you want then focus on her.  Stay as close to her as you can and then there is no room for Natalie to come between you.”

 

Not believing his ears John has to stop and pinch himself that Todd Manning is actually standing here giving him pointers on love.  Will wonders never cease?  John does appreciate Todd’s efforts and thanks him for it.

 

 

 

Months later the search for Todd’s son is in full swing. John’s recommended private investigators prove invaluable and they’re able to narrow the search down to one adoption agency.  With Evangeline’s legal help Todd is able to locate his son and gain custody. Todd names his son Sam.

 

Todd and Sam move into a new penthouse along with Starr and Jack. Contrary to past history, Todd does not reconcile with Blair.  It hurt Todd very much that Blair abandoned him in favor of Spencer Truman. Todd forgave her for that betrayal but he can never forget that she believed that he could kill the mother of his child and his child.  Todd has done many cruel things but he would never kill his own child. Sure he does admit to trying to sell Jack when Jack was a baby but that was because he thought that he was not Jack’s father.  Not to say that adding Sam to the family has not come without challenges but everyone agrees to make the effort.  Sam now has a family.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.