Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

Calamity

 

 

Chapter 6

 

(Elsewhere in Llanview)

 

(The office of Attorney Harold Caruthers,  attorney for Dr. Spencer Truman.)

 

Attorney Harold Caruthers sits in his office reviewing the documents on his desk regarding his client, Dr. Spencer Truman.  Mr. Caruthers believes that everyone in entitled to an ‘adequate defense’ as per the Sixth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.  That’s not to say that Mr. Caruthers believed that all of his clients are innocent but only that they all have the right to legal representation and that is his job.  Today he lost a client but not to a guilty verdict.  His client was killed, murdered in the courtroom.  Now Mr. Caruthers still has work to do.  His client had this contingency plan with step-by-step instructions on how to implement it.

 

Caruthers has already handled the retrieval of Truman’s body and the planned burial.  Based upon the general sentiment about his client Caruthers doubts very much if anyone in this town would attend his client’s funeral.  Next on the list is the reading of Truman’s will to occur as soon as possible.  Included is a list of those who should attend the reading of the will.  Of course Caruthers is well compensated for all of this work.

 

Even beyond the grave his client is trying to call the shots.  Included in the pile is a DVD that is to be played at the reading of the will meeting.  Caruthers can’t even begin to imagine what his client would have to say to those in attendance.  Well that’s not his concern.  He will do as instructed and then close this case.

 

 

(At the home of Dorian Lord)

 

Blair is at Dorian’s still reeling from all that happened at the courthouse.  ‘Spencer is dead’ is all that is bouncing around in her head.  Even knowing that Spencer was not the best of men she is conflicted about her feelings for him.  She had come to believe that Spencer did set up Todd for Margaret Cochran’s murder and that was a totally evil thing for him to do b-u-t she also knew that Spencer did that so that he could have Blair all to himself.  He was willing to kill for her.  In a way that disgusts Blair but it also excites her.  Spencer loved her enough to kill for her.  No one had ever loved her like that.  The problem now is that Spencer is dead and Todd hates her.  But the bright spot in this is that Todd has hated her before and they have reconciled so maybe this time they will again reconcile.  “I need a man in my life,” Blair says.  “What did you say?”  Dorian asks.  “Oh nothing,” Blair responds just realizing that she said aloud the part about needing a man.  She now makes plans in her head as to how to get Todd back in her life.

 

(At Llanfair, the home of Victoria Davidson.)

 

Natalie is home alone.  Vicki is at the hospital to support Todd and to keep him calm while waiting for word about Evangeline.  Natalie knows that John is still at the hospital.  She and John are on the outs now but she knows that it is only temporary.  He always comes back.  When he does return she plans to make certain that he never leaves again.  Time is not her ally in this and she has to reconcile with him ASAP (asoon apossible).












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.