Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


 마”—섯


Maheunyeoseot


Forty-six 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

1041 

 

Byeolgung 

 

 

    Early morning light streamed into the windows and the light from the flame had been nearly extinguished. Her eyes had grown tired from reading, the pages beneath her seeming to run together. Yawning quietly, she blew out the flame and closed the book. Glancing over, she found Anat laying on her bed, deep in sleep. She’d tried her hardest to stay awake and the image of her fighting off fatigue throughout the night made her smile. Getting up from the low table, she slowly made her way to the large plush bed. Carefully, she lowered herself down. Laying back against the pillows filled with feathers, she gently wrapped an arm around Anat and snuggled closer towards her. Yawning again, she felt sleep fall upon her. 

 

*** 

 

    45 days. That’s how long they’d been in this place. Brown eyes settled on her sovereign's face fondly. In slumber, her expression was soft and at peace. Something that reminded of her of when they had been but girls…back in their homeland. Smiling, she closed her eyes, having pressed her face against the chest of the woman. When it had been but them two…when all others were frightened to approach her… only she had been by her side. Only she had been her friend. She’d had to learn early how to best protect her. 

    So many nights she’d seen tears and frustration… grief at the loss of her father the King. Apprehension at the thought of rule… the throne… the weight of the Crown. So many concerns too soon for a girl of that age. And yet, Tiye had always known that she was far from ordinary. She was no regular girl. Smiling, Anat let a hand drift down to the stomach which had only started to protrude more and more since their coming here. It hadn’t been long and already the shape of her belly was more defined, more pronounced. 

    To bear witness to her cherished friend and sister as she grew with child was simply indescribable. If only her husband could see her. 

    Much like it was when they were children, Tiye spent much of her days and nights learning. Reading. The virtues of a ruler. Mandates of the Kandake. How to be fair. Just. The matrilineal histories and patrilineal histories. The importance of country and of faith. Though, now it magnified into something bigger… something even greater. What qualities were acceptable to be Queen of this nation. How she must walk. How she must dress. How she must speak. Refinement and quality was of grave importance. The mind of the would-be-queen filled with the belief of this land and people. Etiquettes of Court. Much alike what she learned as a girl. And yet so very different. Taking her hand away from her belly, she pulled herself free from her arms and stretched. All of it…. the lessons from Kush and the lessons from Goryeo. She knew that the information would not be wasted. She knew that her mistress would take it all and become the best Queen she could. That was all any nation asked for. Lifting a fur to cover her, she soon got up and left her. 

 

*** 

 

Chaekbi

 

    Red and blue silk. Seeds of cotton, pepper and yellow beans. Incense and precious stones.   Green and white jade rings and solid gold binyeo. Napjing has come and went, the delight of reading his secret letters tucked away in between the silks and beautiful clothes he’d custom-made for her. The day that the full moon would grace the night with her presence. The astronomers’ prediction of the very lucky day was here. She stood still as maidservants carefully clothed her, being more than mindful of her pregnant belly. Tucking lightly here and with a gentle pin there, they hummed as they worked, making sure that the smooth red and blue silk was without crease or wrinkle. 

    “Are you excited to greet His Majesty, Gongju mama?” 

    “I told you to call me Tiye.”

    “We dare not, Majesty. It is not proper.” The women protested with deep bows of their head. Knowing they would continue to refuse, she gave up. 

    “I am excited, yes.”

    “Today, you will be recognized as Queen Jeongseon by His Majesty, the King.” The thought of it sent her heart racing. It had taken a war with the Mongols, an elopement with the future King, the execution of his oldest son, and the expulsion of the woman that had been promised to be Queen for her to finally be acknowledged as a Princess. And now, now it was so easy and simple to be promoted to Queen. 

    She could have chosen many emotions to dwell in. Anger. Rage. Fury. Indignation. Sadness. Irritation. She chose one. Pity. She pitied the father of the man she married so; he was so blinded, so selfish, so self-seeking, so prideful. She wondered if he knew that all of those things had caused the destruction of his family. It was his own decisions and choices that had led him to ruin.

    “It brings me such happiness to see the messenger as he pulled in. All of the carriages carrying your gyomyeong, chaekmun, boin and myeongbok. We must do well to thank the King for his kindness.” The senior gungyeo spoke softly yet with unwavering authority, an authority she knew came from wisdom, age and experience. She smiled as they placed the heavy crown upon her concealed hair and they all for a moment took the time to bow before her in silence. A gungyeo on each side of her helped her to turn in the direction of the royal palace. To which they all proceeded to bow in reverence and honor. 

    Off in the corner by the door stood Anat and she watched the ritual with curiosity. It amazed her of the beauty, aesthetic and logic behind them all. For, she too had been reading and learning just as her mistress. 

    “Now all that remains, is the wedding. Let us make haste and hurry to teach you all you must know, Your Majesty.” 

 

*** 

 

    The trickle of beads and a bowed form. And again. And again. Lifting his head for the last time, eyes looked up into the face of his father, sitting in majesty on the Pheonix Throne. He looked tired. Looked so terribly aged, as if the years that followed him had not been in the least bit kind. His mother stood oft to the side, face stern. 

    “The spirits of the ancestors welcome you in this place, Wang Cheol-su.” The voice of the Head Mudang, Byeol said quietly, and there the tingle of the bell. Throat heavy, he bowed his head towards the ancestral tablets before lifting. 

    The one who had preceded her, Yira, had been found to have been in conspiracy with the late prince Wang Seo Jun and was drawn and quartered as punishment. It was said that her punishment would carry on for eternity and a thousand years after for attempting to change the fate given to her by Heaven. And so…so be it. 

    “The Heavens wish to crown you King. They wish to bestow this great land to you to guard, protect and guide. Do you accept, Wang Cheol-su?” His father’s voice filled the room with authority and it chilled him. His heart beat so fast in his chest and he felt his eyes grow watery. It was here. The time was here. 

    “Yes, my Great King.” 

    “Then lift your head and look at us. For we now are one and the same.” He stood up straight, eyes straight ahead and up and the look within them made his father smile, albeit tiredly. 

    “My son, I have grown old and tired of ruling. I wish now to retire and enjoy simple pleasures and what remains of my life. Our great lands now rest in your hands. Do well with her, our Goryeo.”

    “Yes, Father.” Wine was poured and given to him.

    “I have been a cowardly King, a monarch not deserving of the throne.”

    “Father-”

    “You know it to be true and so do I. A king with a selfish heart cannot rule for the good of the people. Blinded by my own desires, I neglected you and yours.” Aged eyes peered down into the cup of translucent wine. 

    “Allow me to deeply apologize, Cheol-su. All of my misdeeds let them now be repaid in full.” Jaw tight, he lifted his cup, acceptance of his repentance. 

    “Receive your name and carry it well.” As father and son drank the wine, a court official came forth and opened a scroll. All were silent as the man read. 

    “Let it be recorded here and documented with the Imperial Diary that on this date and at this time, King Suijong has formally retired from his post and passes the divine tablet of our great Monarchy to his second-born son, once known as Wang Cheol-su, now crowned and christened King Seuljong of Goryeo.” At once, every inhabitant of the room dropped to the floor in a bow, faces pressed to the cool stone. 

    “All hail His Majesty, King Seuljong! May He reign well with wisdom, tact, and the concern of our people for ten thousand years!” Turning to see his own parents having bowed their heads low before him, he wanted to tell them to lift their gazes but the voice in his throat had fallen silent. It was the way it should be. The way they wanted it. So, he would allow them that. Feeling unexplainable emotion travel through his body, he eyed the nearest attendant. 

    “Let us welcome the Queen.” 

    “Of course, Taewang-nim.” 

 

*** 

 

 

    The morning was quiet and calm, peaceful with drops of morning dew. Pale sunlight streamed in through the windows and shined its warm light upon the child that moved to and fro within her womb. With an exhausted sigh, a small dark hand drifted down to her belly. Even her child could not contain their excitement. Her rest had been more than uncomfortable and with the non-stop moving of her child throughout the night, she was drained. 

    “Sister Tiye?”

    “Ah, come in Anat.” The doors slipped open and the woman entered. 

    “You didn’t sleep well.” Smiling, she winced as she tried to get up, a sharp pain in her side. 

    “This child is an active one, just like his father.”

    “You know it to be a boy?” Anat asked, kneeling to help her sit up. 

    “I had a visitation from Mama. She told me the positioning of my belly shows signs of masculine energy.” 

    “Ah… interesting.” Breathing through her nose, she leaned onto her friend for just a moment, her face against her chest. 

    “I am ready to birth…” Anat’s arms came around her. 

    “I believe you shall soon get your wish, Royal Sister. You look as though you will burst.” The two women laughed to themselves and Tiye playfully sucked her teeth, eyes cutting up at her. 

    “What are you saying, Anat? Am I nothing but a water buffalo?” Her cheeks turned red from embarrassment. 

    “No, please don’t misunderst-”

    “I am only joking with you, sister. Be at peace.” Welcoming a sweet kiss against her cheek, Anat let the woman pull away. 

    “Tell me, shall I soon see your belly grow with child?” Now the color in her face suggested a different kind of embarrassment and her eyes grew wide. 

    “W-what are you-”

    “I am no fool. Your cheeks carry the color of love. My own knew the same color as a girl once upon a time.” Anat tried to deny her, eyes downcast. 

    “I dare not love, Royal Sister. My duty is to the House of Khaliset.” Pursing her lips at her resistant friend, she stood up. 

    “Stubborn, just like I was.” 

    “What are you talk-”

    “You are not a young girl anymore Anat Khepri Naunet.”  The woman’s eyes lifted upward. 

    “You cannot help the sun and sea within you. They battle, for the sun is strong, unyielding, firm. The sea is mysterious and deep and the bond she shares with the moon makes her full of femininity, gentleness, and beauty.”

    “I know this, Sister.”

    “You know and you have the nerve to try to deceive me?”

    “Deceive you?”

    “Your cheeks betray the words of your mouth, dearest one. Your very own body betrays you.” At that, the woman flushed even redder, teeth now biting into her lip. 

    “I did not leave our homeland to find a fool’s love. That…man…he…he has been a great ally to me, yes. But…”

    “Young-ho. The orphaned boy with no last name who grew into a man. The starving child too proud to beg for food from my hands…and yet his eyes filled with thankfulness as he watched his younger brother eat.” Fingers drifted down across an array of hair ornaments. 

    “He’s suffered so much in this one life. Much like you.” She didn’t need to turn to know that Anat had stiffened. She was poking at her vulnerability out of love, to prove the point she so desperately needed to see. 

    “He lost his mother and father. His sister. His oldest brother, who tried to be a mother, father, and sister to him and their younger brother. And yet, the Palace cruelly saw to his end. You too lost your parents out of selfishness and bloodlust did you not?”

    “Sister Tiye. Please.” Don’t. 

    “Your service to me started so long ago as a girl of four moons. You became a fierce warrior and my most trusted friend which you will always remain.” Turning now, she let her gaze caress the shaking woman still sitting on the couch. 

    “Give yourself permission, Nanet.” Her childhood nickname made her eyes fill with tears. 

    “We are to welcome the new life in my womb soon. Let the pain, hurt, and anguish go. Allow yourself to open and receive him. Dare to love him.” Silent tears started to slip down her cheeks and she gently lowered arms to hug her as she began to sob. 

    “I don’t need to know how or why your heart chose him. But, what I know of Young-ho is this, he will not abuse or misuse you. He will cherish you all of his days if you let him.”  

    “Jungjeon mama,” The reverent voice of the head gungyeo caused the two women to part. 

    “The King has summoned you. You must go to him at once.” Tender thumbs brushing back the tears on Anat’s face, she smiled softly. 

    “Then, let us go. Hm?”

    “Y-yes, Royal Sister.” 

 

*** 

 

    It took the Queen’s caravan four days to reach the Palace, the military brigade protecting her from the sight of curious and awed onlookers. It brought her great comfort to know that to her right rode Yooshik. To her left, Young-ho. It made her smile to see how much he’d ascended since entering the palace six months ago. Time had passed them all by and yet, her dear Young-ho had only continued to blossom. To her pleasure, he’d resumed his studies as soon as he had been able and with Cheol-su leaving to prepare for his coronation, he’d been taken under the tutelage of Yooshik. He had observed his military prowess and found it to be a waste to allow it to be underutilized. 

     Young-ho No-last-name had come so far. Though she had remained in the Detached Palace, outside news traveled in with the gungyeo that visited here and there on behalf of the Royal House. Rumor had it that Yooshik planned to adopt Young-ho into his family. In her studies, she had come to learn of the caste system in Goryeo. It enlightened her as to why Cheol-su’s family had treated her the way they had upon arriving in this land. It enlightened her even more as to the poor conditions that Young-ho and his brother had lived in. 

    Dressed in a fitted navy dopo, his hair was pulled up into a neat topknot, secured with a simple wooden binyeo. Clothed in a way to reflect Yooshik’s favor but homely enough to remind those and himself of his station in life. How cruel. Her ears were tickled with gossip of how handsome he was and how a mere cheonmin such as he had defended the Palace. The youthful fat that had dwelled in his cheeks was gone and he sat atop his horse, a sword resting against his thigh, ready to defend, ready to battle.

    Letting her eyes fall away from him, she brought her gaze down to the hands that rested on her belly, the fingers which were decorated in white and green jade rings. He deserved everything good in this world. He deserved happiness. Long life. Freedom to go and do as he pleased. She hoped that it was not just a mere rumor. She hoped that Yooshik did make him a son of the Gang family. And, should he not do it of his own accord, as Queen she would force him to. It would be her duty to create a world where all could experience the fruits of joy, regardless of status, station, or nationality. And so, it would be. 

 

*** 

 

 

    “Taewang-nim! The Queen has arrived at last!” The echo of the court official ricocheted off of the walls and the eyes of the man seated high looked low. It had been four days. Four days of trying to adjust to this new role, this new station. Of course, he’d been prepared for this his entire life. And still… it was jarring. A place he’d watched his own father once sit, seemingly bigger than life, touched and blessed by the Heavens… now in this same place he sat. 

    Though he wore the garment of the King, knew himself to be the King, a part of him… a part of him for the briefest second wanted to be Cheol-su. A boy, a man he knew who had been slain and over the corpse given a new body and a new name. Seuljong. It was he who sat upon the Throne and looked low upon his subjects who appeared but tiny ants in his visage. Who had, almost immediately after assuming the role of Sovereign listened to the financial reports from the Ministry of Taxation and Personnel. It was good but it was lonely. Slowly coming to stand, all the ministers, court officials, and members of the military at once bowed. 

    “You all are excused for the day.”

    “Yes, Taewang-nim.” 

    “Pyeha,” As he descended the short set of stairs, he was met with Yoo-shik, who had dressed ceremonially in dalryeongpo and samo, the startling red and black only complimented his authority. 

    “Let us prepare you for your Queen.” A smile between the two men displayed a quick show of teeth before the two of them exited the Great Hall. 

    “It will be a relief I’m sure.” He didn't respond as they walked past bowed forms. 

    “I too look forward to her return.”

    “Do you?”

    “It’s a miracle you’ve maintained your temper this long without her, pyeha.” Snorting, he cut his eyes at his friend playfully in a warning. 

    “We haven’t spoken much these days, Minister Gang.” He knew he hated it, the title. New title, that was. Yooshik was a humble man who hated the attention or prestige that his promotion attracted and fled from any mention of it. It greatly humored him to watch him wiggle in the stuffy dalryeongpo. 

    “It is my most humble honor to have served you in those four days, Taewang-nim. I am well aware that our friendship must be sacrificed for the good of the country.” As they turned the corner, so did the attendants behind them. 

    “Join us tonight. You and your woman.” 

    “Of course, pyeha.” 

    “Let us see if our friendship will endure over a drink and janggi.” The man stopped walking and bowed his head low, a smile clinging to his lips as he turned to walk away. 

 

*** 

 

 

    As the sun began to set, the tinkle of bells sliced through the air. With each step of her foot, tall strapping men, magnificent and black, carried the song of her people. Some wore the military attire of Kush, others wore the clothes of Goryeo. They stood to the sides of her, her royal court behind her, and again, the rush of bells. A trickle of the ornate beaded flowers and glass tendrils that hung down and over her shoulders teased the air sweetly and the lanterns lighting the path ahead with warm light shined through them. 

    The crown that sat atop her head was heavy, the solid gold belts that enclosed her waist and fell down to either side of her hanbok were beautiful but heavy. Red, blue, and gold. Colors ordained by Heaven only for the Queen, so the women behind her silently prayed, that the Great Ancestors of their land would accept this foreign bride into their midsts. As they turned the corner, they all at once stopped in their tracks. The rush of silks billowed as heads, knees, and hands folded in reverence. Folding her own hands delicately, she kept her arms rigid as she lowered her head. 

    “It is an honor to greet you, my King.” Her words didn’t gather a verbal response, rather, a finger reached out and with the tip of it, lifted her face upward. His very presence threatened to overwhelm her and his intense authority gripped her by the neck. Perhaps it was the mysterious potency of the blue-black ui, how it seemed to emphasize his broad wide shoulders. She felt her eyes water as she took him in totality into her visage. His myeonryugwan was breathtaking, nine strings brought with it the music of beads as he removed his finger from her face, colors a startling red, white, blue, yellow, and green. Fire traveled down the wide billowing sleeves and oval-shaped dragons stood post at his shoulders. Pheasants, sown in colors of red, blue, and green and green mountains decorated the remainder of the ui. 

    A red sang covered the front of him, more ceremonial symbols embroidered on the front. He wore two belts, one made from horn metal and jade. The other a sash she recognized from her studies as being called daedae. Just looking at him made her chin tremble from the emotions going through her body. He was celestial, a god taking the form of a man, her sun. Multicolored threads rustled and plates of jade clinked as he took a step back, offering her his hand. 

    Everyone could see how her hand shook as she lifted it but strength entered her body as he took hold of it, giving it a gentle squeeze. His eyes were warm as they looked down at her and he let go of her hand, outstretching his own in a form preparing to return her bow.  And he did, bowing until his face could not be seen and the rich clack and hush of the beads to his crown stirred with movement. With the next couple bows she performed and he in response, the gungyeo finally lifted their heads to see the King and his soon-to-be Queen facing the door to his chambers. With a tablet of jade each in their hands, their weighty gazes solidified the monumentous gravity of what was happening. The doors silently slid open and they both took a step inside, feet in unison before the doors closed, hiding them away from view. 

 

    *** 

 

    “What do you think is happening now?” Eyebrows lifted in surprise. 

    “Look at you. I remember when you could only say yes or no.” Narrowed eyes cut at the man. 

    “Don’t get cocky.” A grin parted the man’s lips and pretty teeth glittered like pearls in the dusk. Sucking her own, she turned to walk away. 

    “Where are you going?” 

    “Somewhere away from you.” 

    “Ah! Don’t be like that. Come on.” Sucking her teeth louder, she playfully pulled away the arm that he’d captured. 

    “The King and the Queen sit across from each other. The King on the east side, facing the west. And, the Queen sitting west, facing east.” She still had a lot to learn of the language he spoke but she caught bits and pieces and held on to them. 

    “Too fast?”

    “Slow down.” She agreed and he smiled an apology. 

    “They drink. Then eat.” 

    “And then?” Her question made his cheeks flourish in pink color. 

    “Hm. Well,”

    “You are an adult.” He looked down at her as she continued, 

    “I am an adult.” 

    “Yes,” 

    “So?”

    “They do things that husbands and wives do at nighttime.” Her lips formed a small ‘o’ and he cleared his throat. 

    “Yes, well.. hm. I should stop it here.” 

    “Stop?”

    “Our walk.” 

    “Why?” He chuckled at her complete ignorance and sighed with a tiny content smile. 

    “You, woman. Me, man. It is not proper.” Extremely elementary but he knew she would understand. 

    “Why?” Or maybe not… How could he explain to her that inside the Palace, there were rules of conduct, rules that each person had to adhere to? 

    “Don’t know. Just how it is.” She seemed disappointed and it made his heart thump faster inside his chest. Anat was so unaware and so ignorant of his culture and while it endeared him, it also greatly worried him. There were eyes everywhere. Eyes on her. It didn’t matter that she was Tiye-sunbae’s personal attendant. That was reason enough to plot and conspire. Not only did she stick out like a sore thumb but she was incredibly easy on the eyes. When men saw something they liked, they could turn into animals. When away from her Mistress, without her…she became easy prey. 

    He wasn’t worried about her ability to defend herself, no. But… what if it wasn’t enough? What if one person took advantage of her weaknesses and overpowered her? Unlike women who held higher status, Anat was no different in their eyes than that of a slave. Even below him, a cheonmin. Should any one of these higher officials want her, they had ways of making sure their actions were carefully hidden. That’s why- 

    “Your country is so strange.” He tightened his jaw before speaking.

    “I’ll come to you at morning. We will ride horses.” 

    “Fine.” There it went again, the once warm teasing expression on his face now growing intense and serious. It unnerved her. What was on his mind? He said nothing else as he lifted his hand to take hold of her cheek. The action caused her heart to still and she found that she couldn’t swallow, his eyes holding her own captive. It seemed that he wanted to say more but chose not to, allowing his hand to drop from her face. Turning in silence, he left her standing there in the hall, hands clutched tightly together. He’d climb the latter by any means necessary. By blood, flesh, or blade. He’d become someone who held the power to protect her when Tiye-sunbae could not. 






Chapter End Notes:

 

A/N: OMG HI MY LOVES! *DRAMATIC CRYING* I HAVE MISSED YOU ALL SO MUCH! MAN, IT FEELS SO GOOD TO UPDATE THIS! I am so happy to share it with you! Here we are now, our royal couple now officially... King and Queen of Goryeo. It was so beautiful to write many parts of this. Anat and Tiye in the Detached Palace. The wedding process, which took a LOT of extensive research here.

For all intents and purposes, I naturally eliminated quite a few of them as they did not apply to the current storyline. But should you wish to read up on it hehe, I'll leave some links down below! A lot of this I had to borrow from Joseon culture and ways as there are not a lot of documented royal customs pertaining to royal marriage in the Goryeo period that I saw. 

Another favorite part of this chapter is in the King admitting that he was a trash King LOL. Like, sir, you made your son suffer his entire life for WHAT. Imperial members of the royal family had several names, as I learned! The one we know well, Wang, Cheol-su is his given name, from birth. When princes, who are appointed to be crown prince and then King, finally take the throne, their name changes to an "posthumous temple name" one. I found interesting that most Kings depending on family and dynasty had different sufffixes, that meant different things. The most common were -jo and -jong. As we see, Tiye also has been given an official temple name also hehe. 

The whole ceremony made me suuuuper emotional LOL ugh *wipes tears* And um yeah for a minute can we talk about Young-ho and Anat becauseeeeeeee. UM. YEAH. I didn't intend to explore their relationship much honestly when setting out to write this book. But um... as things go and I'm flowing... we're learning more and more about them. Which I am COMPLETELY here for LOL. Whew. We see that Anat and Young-ho have similiar experiences, pertaining to having lost one or both of their parents. Interesting.

The topic of Yooshik adopting him came up. We'll explore what this means later but Yooshik comes from a yangban family. In laymen's terms, he's in the 1%, a suuuuper rich and educated aristocrat. Young-ho deserves the world in my opinion. This presents itself as everything he deserves. 

I'm gonna leave it off here for now hehehehe buttttt yeah we bout to get into some good eating here in a few concerning those two. I have a three chapter update lol. whew. With one (possibly) two chapters to FINISH out this work, it is mind blowing and emotional for me, as the creator, to imagine actually bringing this labor of love to an end. It's been an amazing, wonderful and uncomfortable ride and I hope that you all have enoyed this journey with me hehe. Please enjoy these updates and let me know your thoughts. 

with love and blessings, 

DL

 

LINKS to SUPP'L READING: 

https://thetalkingcupboard.com/2021/02/09/wedding-and-marriage-in-joseon-part-3-royal-style/

https://thetalkingcupboard.com/2012/03/03/joseons-court-attire-kdrama-style/

https://asiasociety.org/korea/all-about-korean-traditional-hats

 

We have a butt load of terms and pictures in here so buckle up hehe. 

Byeolgung 

the name of the Detached palace where Queen Consorts went before being married to the King. In this time, they studied, court life, ways of proper rule and attributes that made a proper Queen for a period of 45 days. 

chaekbi

 coronation ceremony for the Queen

gyomyeong, chaekmun, boin and myeongbok.

gyomyeong is the royal edict for the investiture, chaekmun is the royal investiture book, boin is the royal seal, and formal robe is called myeongbok. 

dalryeongpo

daily wear for court officials 

janggi

korean version of chess 

Ui

bluish black robe worn by the King on ceremonial occasions 

Myeonryugwan

Crown worn by the King. 9 strings of beads for the King and Crown Prince, colors red, white, blue, yellow, and green.

Sang

red skirt with white strings

Daedae

white sash

PICTURE TIMEEEE

I introduce to you King Seuijong and Queen Jeongseon of Goryeo (just imagine the mains for this one lol)  

Young-ho in his dopo when he was on top of his horse lookin like a hottie LOL 

 

 

 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.