Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

See the source imageSee the source imageSee the source imageSee the source imageSee the source imageBeta Reader: SilverMoonfire


Summary: The reception was a hit and changed the hearts and minds of people around the Federation. T'Pring's secret was revealed and Spock and Nyota had the last laugh. Shath continues to struggle with his feelings for Saana. Now, the conclusion of the Battle for Spock books, the last chapter is divided into segments and some are over-lapped to explain the conclusion.

I hope you enjoyed the concept of 'The Battle for Spock'. I enjoyed writing this story and big thanks to my Beta Readers; Jsilver 2000 and SilverMoonfire. Thank you with my deepest gratitude.

You voted who Saana should end up with almost a year ago, so I could incorporate it into my story. It was hard, two men stood out the best, but the votes said otherwise. So, here is the end of the Nyota and Spock love story.

 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Conclusion to Closure

Eve Brody basked in the spotlight of becoming a famous fashion designer. So many orders were pouring in that she needed her own assistants. Charlene and Lola volunteered to help with new large orders. She had to get permission from Captain Kirk to proceed with her new business venture, since she was still stationed on the Enterprise. Kirk saw no harm so long as it didn't interfere with her job. Plus, it was not illegal to have her own legit business on the side.

Charlene said, "Eve, I'm so proud of you, congratulations!"

Lola chimed in, "Yes, Eve, and thank you for inviting me to help. I'm so excited for the opportunity to help take care of your purchase orders and forms."

"Wow, things are happening so fast, I can't believe this all started with designing a wedding dress for Nyota." Eve said, shaking her head in happiness and awe.


When the Enterprise was being refitted at the Earth station, Eve had been able to connect with Michelle and Everett at Forever Love Agency to set up the little retail shop. Forever Love Wedding Agency became a popular company again, maintaining their popularity with the specialty boutique on behalf of Eve Brody. Catering to men and women, her clothing line flew out the door and she was in such high demand. Her line of clothes became exclusive.

Not only did Forever Love Wedding Agency become a household name, but Everett and Michelle had more credits than they knew what to do with. They expanded their company, hiring more staff, entrepreneurs, and gifted upcoming people. They also created their own news network that focused on unity and different cultures across the Federation. Other networks fell behind the fast moving pace of Forever Love Agency.

Everett had his feet propped on his desk, looking at his long time partner and friend Michelle. They had taken over the company when it was failing, never thinking that a simple, mysterious message from Professor Uhura would put their business at the forefront of social media.

"Michelle, can you believe this!? I'm receiving requests from members of the Federation to cover weddings and cultural backgrounds!"

"Boy, don't I know it. Human Resources are having a hard time hiring and training people for the new positions we have opening daily." Michelle said, chuckling at their new expansion.

"I think we need to promote ourselves to CEO's," Everett suggested jokingly.

Michelle sat up and looked at her long time friend. "Why not? We worked hard, not just us but all our loyal employees."

Everett started laughing before he realized Michelle was serious.

"I think I nominate Everett Taylor as CEO of Forever Love Wedding agency!"

"And I nominate Michelle Combs as CEO of Forever Love Wedding agency!"

They both stood and saluted each other, laughing at their new found wealth and position.

"Everett, I forgot we have a position interview for an anchor for our cultural liaison."

"Who? We've had so many interviews lately."

"Kim Kelly!"


Charlene and Hikaru's relationship continued to grow in many ways.

"You know, that rescue mission really gave me a better respect about life and love." Sulu reflected with Charlene, both sitting on a beach in sunny California, holding hands.

"Yep, I agree, I've never... I never thought I would be in a serious relationship again."

Sulu leaned into her and gently kissed her cheek.

"Me too, I never would have thought to find a diamond on the Enterprise."

Charlene gave a thank you smile and kissed him back. "This is going to be a wonderful shore leave."

The couple would face many challenges in their relationship, at one point they broke up and faced their fears. [1]. When they finally found their way back to each other they recommitted themselves to one another and became engaged. At one point, they were on layover on Earth, they met each other's families and saw potential challenges while meeting them. It only solidified their budding love, encouraging them to move to the next level. They too became a power couple on the Enterprise, and Starfleet changed many family accommodations, allowing spouses and children to travel together as part exploration. Especially on the Enterprise, flagship of Starfleet. [2]


Christine Chapel did recover, she reconnected with her family and former friends. She completed her to-do list and enjoyed every minute, while Leonard's declaration ran on repeat in her head. Her heart was on the mend, thinking all long that he had been right in front of her. Working so hard next to McCoy, she had definitely missed the signs of his affections. They had fought, disagreed on things, and watched each other's heartbreaks, not realizing their friendship could weather it all, she hadn't noticed. Her heart anticipated getting back on the Enterprise to see how their new budding friendship would progress. She could never forget Spock, or Roger, and how that impacted her love life, she would grow from it instead.

McCoy slowly healed from his broken marriage, and reached out to his lost daughter. They reconnected as father and daughter, seeing each other on a bi-weekly basis. Then he continued to work with and date Christine, she was still the only one who could deal with his surly attitude. She was the only one besides Kirk to put him in his place, but Christine did it her support, he even cut down on his drinking. His feelings for Christine grew so quickly that he became afraid, and tried to pull out, thinking he wasn't ready or didn't deserve her. She saw through his vacillations, seeing it as a reflection of his failed marriage, and confronted him about it. In breaking the barrier that Leonard hid behind, their friendship and love was able to grow.

"I don't know why you put up with me, I get cold feet sometimes."

"Lennie, it's the other way around. I can't believe that I was such a fool not to notice you."

"Your mind was elsewhere."

She leaned into him. "Sorry about that, did it really bother you?"

"Hell YEAH! Mind you, Spock is my best friend and you were falling all over him!"

Christine kissed lightly on his lips. "Thank you for being patient with me."

Leonard hugged her closer. "I'm glad you finally came around and to seeing things my way. It took guts to stand up and ask you out."

They both chuckled at the thought of missed opportunities, Leonard looked deep into her blue-eyes. "Chris, you are worth the wait and time. Sorry for not being open, when I should."

"I'm sorry for hurting you with the way I always talked about Spock in front of you."

"Here's to new beginnings."

"To new beginnings Lennie."

Christine, with a lot of support from Dr. LaToya Robinson and Leonard, had the guts to confront her one time friend. Sharing drinks in the empty ship's lounge together, Christine took a deep breath, and focused on the present.

"Nyota, I know I've said and done some mean and nasty things to you. I'm asking you to forgive me. LaToya made me face the reality about myself and Spock. I see that both of you deserve and love each other. I've missed you as a friend who was always there for me, my hope is to see you as a friend if you let me."

Nyota looked at Christine, seeing remorse in her long lost friend.

"I accept your apology, if you'll accept mine as well. I tried to respect your wishes when you told me that you had a crush on Spock. When you asked me if I had a crush on him too. I respected your wishes and backed off. I did not pursue him, but he pursued ME! I didn't want to hurt you at all."

"LaToya said I was in love with two men, she was right. Roger was gone for so long that I transferred it to Spock. Not they had anything in common, but me, wanting to be wanted and loved. Spock needed love and I was willing to give it to him. But he chose you and I should have accepted that better as a friend, and I didn't. And I'm sorry for that."

Nyota looked at Christine and saw her sincerity. She smiled and reached out to touch her hand, "I've missed you old friend."

"Missed you too." As tears formed in Christine's eyes, they both hugged each other, sniffling.

"Now that that is all cleared up, let's start over and try not to dwell on the past," Nyota said somberly.

"Yes, Charlene wants all of us to have a girl's night out."

"We should."

"I want you to know that I'm dating McCoy and it's working out."

Nyota stood up to give her a hug and smiled.

"Congratulations."

Nyota felt better after reconciling with Christine, it touched her after everything that had happened since she was married. She needed allies, not enemies, to watch Spock's back and all that entailed. She shared the outcome of her meeting with Spock, and he expressed his relief. He didn't want to have to interfere with their duties or relationship. When Nyota told Spock that Christine and McCoy were involved, he just raised a brow and said,

"Interesting."

Nyota smiled, pleased that her circle of friends were hooking up and making memories.


McCoy had his day in court with LaToya, she walked in his office with a large cloth bag smiling.

"Well Lennie, you got the girl it seems."

He looked up and gave a low chuckle.

"Yes-yes I did. I didn't think it would happen with everything going on."

"I gave my final reports to all designated people and Chapel is cleared for duty." LaToya leaned on his desk with a cocked eyebrow.

"Lennie, I don't want to hear that you two have been playing doctor in sickbay."

McCoy leaned back and laughed and LaToya joined in. She gave the bag to him.

"This is for you, I hope everything goes well with your relationship. Lennie be honest with her, Christine is a good woman, she has a lot of love to give."

Lennie took the bag and opened it to find a large bottle of brandy.

"I know LaToya, thank you for being there during my drama over my ex-wife."

"You too deserve happiness my old friend, where is she?"

"Having lunch with Nyota."


Back on Vulcan Sarek and T'Pau continued to advocate for Spock. The Healers of the Vulcan Science Academy were confronted, not only by the Counsel but by all of Vulcan. Many were concerned by the idea that their leading citizens could be exploited under the guise of scientific advancement. The Healers were dumbfounded by the apparent emotional response of Vulcan. Rather than a deserved dismissal for their actions, Sudoc, Suter, Voris and Tekav were instead were given a leave of absence, to reflect on their motivations for attempting to exploit Commander Spock. T'Pau was happy that they were temporarily dismissed, but knew it would not be the end of their machinations.

Many were content that one Vulcan was able to return the lost katras of the Intrepid crew to their rightful place. They created a memorial for the Intrepid, recounting the way in which their katras were returned, and listing it as part of their historical records. Spock was recorded as one of the most highly accomplished officers in Starfleet. They acclaim he was given increased requests for admission to Starfleet by Vulcans, resulting in a necessary increase of instructors at Starfleet. Many of these newly installed instructors were Vulcan.

But two Vulcan scientists and two counsel men, continued to attempt to have Spock examined. They were at a stand still when a message appeared on their padds requesting their presence at Vulcan High Command.

At the requested time Sudoc, Suter, Voris and Tekav stood before Vulcan High Command to face charges of disruption.

In addition to T'Ara, T' Dess and Solar staring down at the four men, there were two extra guest counsel members.

Solar spoke first to his former councilmen; Suter and Sudoc. "It grieves me to see and hear that a conspiracy was being conducted against Commander Spock, our first citizen."

Voris held his high head and spoke, "It was not a conspiracy, it was scientific research."

Solar looked straight at them. "Our intention is to bring awareness to our people of the possibilities of Commander Spock's telepathy."

"Those intentions were addressed months ago by T'Pau. She was direct with her request, was she not?" said T'Ara.

"At that time it was not confirmed if Commander Spock would be a willing participant in the study, as we were not permitted to ask," stated Tekav.

Sarek and T'Pau glanced at each other with arched brows.

Solar grimly looked at his two colleagues. "T'Pau has addressed your interference on several occasions, you have projected your persistence in the matter."

Voris spoke up, "Indeed, we were made aware of her wishes that we cease to communicate about the topic."

" Yet you pursued the Commander and his spouse, a most illogical solution to a simple problem." T'Ara stated.

"Have you not considered the events of the Intrepid?" asked Solar. "It was a time of restoration, healing and commiseration for those who lost much."

Ambassador Sarek stood up and looked down at his colleagues. "My son has subjected himself to your theories in the past as a child, on my recommendation. I had placed my trust in you, I placed the wellbeing of my son in your hands. You stated that his heritage was questionable as were his capabilities, which left scars on his cognitive mind. Causing me as a parent to fail to protect Spock. Therefore, I seek restitution for the abuse."

The four accused Vulcans' brows rose to show their shock of the accusation.

Stepping forward Tekav spoke, "Ambassador Sarek, that was not our intention. We seek knowledge from Spock, he could answer many questions about his telepathy as well as ours."

Sarek responded. "One Vulcan is not above another, Tekav, Voris, Suter, and Sudoc. Remember the Ways of Surak:

"For these things will not benefit you in the day of darkness and retribution.

You should not winnow in every wind, and you should not go forth into every

path.

For so is every fool proven by his duplicitous tongue.

Be steadfast in the way of the logos and in the truth of your understanding and

knowledge, and let words of peace and logic overtake you.

Be meek when listening to a word, so that you may understand.

And offer a true response in wisdom.

If you understand, then answer your neighbor.

But if you do not, then let your hand be over your mouth, so that you are not

caught by an inept word, and then illogical."

T'Dess gave the final verdict. "It is recommended that the four of you consider 'Kolinahr' to reflect and rest your minds. To remember the purpose of logic once again."


T'Pau sat drinking her tea with Sarek and Amanda, discussing the aftermath of the reception and High Command's resultant decisions.

"It appears it is best that Spock remains in Starfleet, to deter others who might seek his abilities," T'Pau stated.

"I agree, T'Pau he is best served in that capacity." Sarek added, bowing his head.

Amanda was confused and becoming upset.

"But the people of Vulcan have accepted him, he's done an honorable thing with the Intrepid. I don't understand?"

"Aduna, while it may appear that the situation is relaxed, it has not resolved. Spock' limitations have not been discerned, his telepathy is as yet untested. Thus the situation has not been concluded, and therefore it's best for him and his bride to continue their service in Starfleet."

Amanda understood. "Where they are safe."

"Correct. If Spock decides to have offsprings in the future, where could they go? We must safeguard them as well. In the meantime, we will make an effort to continue to place and guide those in certain positions to ease Spock's way as First Citizen, and his future." T'Pau explained.

She and Sarek thought it was best that Spock and Nyota remain in Starfleet in order to give the idea of studying them a rest. T'Pau had not forgotten them, and hoped they would enjoy their wedding present.

She thought to herself, "Should Spock have offspring they too would be one of a kind, a new species. I will protect them as well. Spock has the strongest telepathic powers known to Vulcan, it is evident his children will inherit them as well. If need be I will find Van-guards to protect them."


T'Lan sat in her office reviewing and reflecting on the latest broadcast from Vulcan media of the Intrepid to Commander Spock's accomplishments. He was now on his way to Earth with his bride to visit her people. The S'chn T'gai clan had regained what little esteem due them that had been lost after the debacle with T'Pring.

T'Lan would never know why T'Pring had chosen the Terran commander to fight Stonn as a challenger. It didn't matter what form of logic T'Pring presented for her choice, it could never clear the smudge on her family name. T'Lan projected the list of demands that had been drawn up by Vulcan High Command to give restitution to Spock's family. T'Pau was thorough, it was reasonable but costly.

Prior to the kal'i'fee, T'Pring was the most desirable of females, bonded to a Vulcan male that everyone believed to be inferior based solely on his lineage. Her illogical actions had cost her the Vulcan who would be prince, held in high esteem by all and acknowledged for his honor and wisdom.T'Lan wondered if it was that bad to be bonded to such a male. There was not much pride left to be had, humbling before T'Pau in front of the whole universe. Her clan required to pay homage to the S'chn T'gai for the next two generations. Whatever profit they earned, 30% would go to the S'chin T'gai clan as compensation. But there was more that depended on if Stonn and T'Pring were to have offspring. T'Lan sighed, lowering her head and thought about how T'Pring became such a vain woman.

Kaiidth."


Chester lingered while everyone departed, he could have gone with Saana on the Enterprise back to Earth. But he chose to give her space. Chester found it difficult to say goodbye to Saana, even though she told him they could be friends. Rejection was not on Chester's agenda. For the moment he would let it rest. He would pursue her back on Earth once everything has calmed down. He needed to respect her wishes and not risk damaging their delicate relationship.

Chester held Saana's hand while looking into her soft brown eyes.

"This is not good-bye, Saana. But only the beginning," he said to himself. He had met Saana again in one of the botanical gardens.

"Saana, like I said before, I am interested in you. I would.." looking into her eyes, holding her hands, he took a deep breath. "I haven't felt for someone like this in a long time and I would like to have a relationship with you."

Saana looked into those silver blue eyes and saw compassion. She didn't want to hurt him, she felt like she was being a coward with her feelings.

"I don't know Chess, this is so new to me. I am scared, my feelings are all over the place."

"It's new to me too, darling. All I have is this job, my children are grown and gone off to all parts of the galaxy. Now your daughter is married to a wonderful man in Starfleet. I think we can take a chance."

Tears formed in her eyes while she considered if she should do it. She needed to take a leap of faith and try to live like the Uhura's wanted her, like Kayode had wanted her to. She slowly closed her eyes, lifted up her hand and placed it on his heart. "Could I love again?" She opened her eyes, and looked up to those lightening silver ones.

"Chess, I will try....I want to try."

Chester smiled as he lifted one of her hands to his lips and gently kissed it.

"Darling we can take it slow, I won't be far once I complete my duties. Go and enjoy your family on Earth. Just think about me once in a while."

Saana sighed and smiled back, " Thanks for that, I need to explore these feelings about my worth and my place in this universe."

He leaned down and gently touched her lips lightly with his own.

With that, Chester let go of her hand and watched Saana walk down the corridor, she turned and waved at him. He knew she would be safe on the Enterprise to earth, continuing to celebrate her daughter's wedding. He had made progress and he was pleased with himself. He saw how other men interacted with her during the reception. They were attracted to her and to her daughter, both being striking women.

Shath saw the touching, heard the whole conversation from where he stood. He watched as Admiral Nimitz departed to his vessel while Saana left him with a promise and a kiss. Shath bowed his head and rubbed his side over his aching heart, it didn't subside, this ache that had become unceasing. He wondered if he was beginning his pon-farr, despite his experience as a physician, he couldn't diagnose himself because of his unregulated emotions. The cause of which, he was presently observing. At one point, he thought he should have touched her, that would have initiated a light psy-link so that she would know his thoughts and undying commitment to her. He regretted not touching her.

He couldn't bear it anymore, so he resigned himself to clearing his thoughts, he must put Saana aside before he lost control and likely harmed someone in doing so. Shath touched the psy points of his face and closed his eyes to concentrate. Having made the decision to confront Saana, he briskly walked to where she was. He waited until Saana was done saying her good-byes to the other guests in the corridor before intercepting her. When the guests had finished conversing. He stood next to her and looked down into deep brown eyes.

"Professor Uhura, with your permission, I seek a moment of your time."

"Sure Shath, I was just saying good-bye to one of the delegates."

Shath led her to a quiet area of the hall where no one would notice them, folded his arms behind him, and took a deep breath.

"Saana, I can't bear to see other males bid for your attention, it grieves me. My heart is drawn to you, it craves you. I can not explain my thoughts correctly. I know that I seek your audience, to touch you-bond to you. I do not understand the dynamics of Terran courtship, though Sarek attempted to explain it. It seems complicated with different rituals depending on where you are located on your planet. I did not come here to confuse you, but to give you clarity from my perspective. Amanda has explained your loss from your first bondmate and that there are still strong feelings associated with this loss. I will respect your decision and give you- time to sort your feelings, Saana. But I am aware of the attention of Admiral Nitmitz, and he too has claimed your heart. Therefore, I will not interfere with his pursuit. Please have a pleasant journey back to Earth. Live long and prosper."

Shath gave the ta'al salute and left a confused Saana in his wake. Shath decided to commit himself to the temple, to complete Kolinahr.

Overwhelmed by his declaration, Saana sat down and cried.


Nyota and Spock continued on with their Honeymoon, they were granted an extended leave so they could visit Nyota's home. To the surprise of many Spock wore her native clothes.

Everett and Michelle had exclusive rights to video and interviews with them, so they met with them on Earth and found that Spock rarely spoke and Nyota did most of the talking. Spock and Nyota visited Saana's job, where the chancellor gave a private tour for them and introduced them to most of Saana's colleagues. Chancellor Edwards was honored for the opportunity and thanked them for the increase of admissions, saying that their marriage was an exemplary showing of diversity. Spock down played his role, he'd just married a wonderful woman, the woman of his dreams. But Nyota reflected differently, saying that the differences of two individuals can bring them together.

When they made it to Nyota's extended family, the Uhura's celebrated their arrival, and gave a huge banquet in their honor. They asked many questions about Vulcan and their beliefs, and exclaimed how proud Nyota's father Kayode would be. They accepted Spock with open arms and gave him a ceremonial dance of acceptance to the clan.

But the Burhari's campaign of hate for the Uhura's was only exasperated by the fact that their only granddaughter had married into another race. Saana took a stand against her bullying family. She and her brother were excommunicated for the stupidest thing, 'being different'. Saana had a private meeting with her great aunt hoping for peace or, at the very least, closure.

"Aunt Chandis, this is nonsense! After all this time, decades and centuries! You are holding grudges against things for no valid reasons! I can't believe I'm related to this family. Nyota stepped out and made a name for herself. She is here with her husband in solidarity to represent love and you still disrespected her and her husband because he's different!?"

The older woman, filled with bitterness, looked at Saana with distaste, and raised her wrinkled finger.

"You, you were our pride and joy as a child, I think we spoiled you Saana. You were suppose to follow your father in the political field, we invested in your education. Then you were poisoned by those Uhura's, they took you from us. As leader of our clan, I had every right to my decision. You're stubborn, even after your husband's death, you should have come back and pleaded to be let back into the family. But instead lead your daughter into this relationship to this strange creature. WE ARE INSULTED!" Chandis said bitterly.

Saana shook her head, thinking her great aunt was mentally ill, but her family had no excuse for agreeing with her nonsense.

"Kayode was the best thing that ever happened to me, he opened up my eyes to real love. His family, the Uhura's, showed nothing but love for me and treated me with respect. Your claim makes no sense at all."

Saana's eyes filled with sadness.

"I won't be coming back here anymore, I tried for decades to reconcile with my birth family. Nyota is innocent, she has nothing to do with this family's bitterness towards the Uhura's. It still doesn't make sense. I'm leaving for the last time, Aunt Chandis. Just remember, Nyota and Spock will one day have children and they will miss out on this part of her family. Whatever you have against the Uhura's, make peace with them, it's our children's future. Please let it go!"

Saana turned from her one time family and left for the last time. It wouldn't hurt her, her new family gave her the strength to let go of her birth family. She is now a member of the S'chn T'gai/Uhura family, which showed nothing but kindness and love.

Nyota had only wanted to show respect for the family, but she was saddened by the outcome. Spock saw his wife's distress and remembered how past familial judgment had affected him. He swiftly took her away from the negative environment and took her for a trip to Paris in an attempt to help her. They stayed at one of the estates of a friendly delegate and Nyota was treated with a night of dining and touring.

Then Saana had to confront another issue, Rueben. She wanted to make sure that he was still her friend. She hadn't led him on, but she sensed that he was attracted to her. She needed to confront him to make sure of his intentions. Saana had already faced two men declaring their feelings for her, and she wanted the air cleared.


While the Enterprise was being refitted, Kirk was enjoying his down time near Starfleet, even he was bitten by the lovebug.

"Please tell me your name? I don't understand why you want to keep it from me?" Kirk gave his best winning smile for the beautiful blond woman.

She gave a hesitant smile, listening to Kirk's charms. Yes, she had heard of the famous Captain James T. Kirk. It definitely was not a rumor, but pure fact that he was a ladies' man.

"I don't know captain.."

"Please, call me Jim," he interrupted, taking the beautiful blond woman's hand, drawing it up to his lips.

"I'm just asking for dinner, even just a drink. I want to show you that my intentions are true."

Knowing the kind of man Kirk is, she shook her head slowly, "I don't know, and I have to go, I'm late for my appointment in the science division."

"Then let me escort you to the building, I want to get to know you."

She sighed deeply as she realized his persistence wasn't just a rumor either.

"Ok, just to the building, then you have to go. I'm a very busy woman."

They started walking slowly towards the science building.

"Now that I'm escorting you, can you tell me your name?"

She softly chuckled, shaking her head at him and batted her blue eyes. "My name is Dr. Carol Marcus."

Kirk's head started swooning and he whispered. "Carol, Carol Marcus. I believe we will be seeing more of each other."

Kirk did, he took her to balls, dinners and to his family's ranch where they enjoyed horseback riding. Kirk couldn't stay away from her, his heart was changed and Carol had put a curb on his cassnova ways.


On shore leave on Memory Alpha, two people who were once an item face a difficult decision about their relationship.. Scotty holds a glass of scotch in a dimly lit bar while trying to save his relationship. Mira reaches across the table to touch his hands, with tears in her eyes.

"Scotty, it's hard, very hard to maintain what we have. I love my work on Memory Alpha, it was meant for me. Can't you see that?"

"Aye, I do lass, dontcha think I know? I just miss ya lass, miss ya deeply. You know wha' I'm saying? I'm here with ye now Mira, I made time to come this way. You.. you mean-I don't have the words. I have deep feelings that I'm havin' a hard time sayin'."

Mira and Scotty looked at each other, and wondered when they had lost touch with each other. When did the distance begin? Mira gave him a weary look and said.

"I.. I think we should reconsider our relationship Scotty. I mean, for the time being. We are both committed to our jobs. I want to stay here on Memory Alpha, I've become assistant administrator now. I would never ask you to give up what you do, I know how much you love those engines and the Enterprise."

Scotty's stomach dropped and he slowly withdrew his hands from hers. This was his last chance at love, his last chance for living. He didn't want her to leave her position and he didn't want to leave the Enterprise. He lowered his head in agreement.

"I see Mira, I see, maybe you're right. We're both committed to our jobs. I've been inventing a prototype engine enhancer. That's been takin' up my time, it might be published in "The Technical journals."

They stared at each other for a moment.

"I'll be seein' ya lass."

Scotty got up and left for his suite, wondering how things got this far. He always had trouble expressing his true feelings, but he did care about Mira. Why did his words fail him? He flopped on the bed and fell into a restless sleep. In the morning, he would find transportation back to Earth, back to his girls.

Meanwhile, a confused Mira also laying on bed unable to sleep, thinking about the man down the hall from her. She had hurt him, she didn't want to tell Scotty that she was attracted to another man. She'd been through so much with Scotty, he had saved her, nurtured her on the Enterprise and mostly believed in her when Zatar attacked and tried to take over her life. He had endured all her insecurities and more. Mira thought back to the time she met Scotty on the Enterprise, the life and death situation that they had experienced when the Zatarians [3] almost took her life. She fought for her identity then, with the love and support of Scotty who had almost forfeited his life. She tossed and turned during the night, and woke up knowing that their relationship was worth fighting for. She met with Scotty again, to tell him her true feelings, she took a deep breath and started.

"Scotty, I'm sorry. You mean so much to me, we've both been through so much. I love you and I want to continue to be with you."

Scotty felt relieved, he took a deep breath as well and held Mira tightly, whispering in her ear.

"Aye lass, I love you too. I just want ye to be happy, that's all."

"I'm happiest when I'm with you."

They both sat down and coordinated their schedules so they could rendezvous at designated stations. They both put in their requests for leave, to ensure they could meet.


By the time Enterprise was ready to depart, everyone prepared to leave for their next destination. Spock and Nyota beamed aboard last. Five yeomen carried their luggage, duffle bags and gifts with one yeoman in lead toward deck 3 where Mr. Spock's quarters were. But the young yeoman took a detour down another hall causing Spock to speak up.

"Yeoman Russo, my quarters are located down corridor 4."

Russo stopped to answer Commander Spock.

"Excuse me Commander Spock and Lt. Uhura, there have been some room changes. I was instructed to bring you to your new quarters by Starfleet. All your personal items have been relocated."

Yeoman Russo continued to walk ahead of them to their new quarters. Spock looked at Nyota with some confusion. Judging by their route Nyota thought they were headed towards one of the guest suites, which was slightly larger than the captain's and Spock's.

The yeoman stopped in front of the ambassadorial suite and typed in the codes, the door swished open.

"Congratulations Commander Spock and Lt. Uhura, your quarters are ready for you."

Spock and Nyota entered the room and shock hit her like a bomb. The room was spacious, fully furnished, it was equivalent to 3 large quarters. There was a living room, sitting room, three bedrooms, one of them a private master suite. Storage, kitchen and all the comforts of home. While the yeomen carried their luggage to designated areas, Spock and Nyota took the time to look around. They didn't understand why they needed so much space, until Nyota stepped into one of the bedrooms and saw containers labeled 'nursery' stacked against the walls. She gasped at the sight and looked at Spock as he arched his brow.

"Who did this Spock?"

At that moment Yeoman Russo gave a padd to Spock.

"Compliments from Starfleet command sir."

He turned and left them in privacy. Spock opened the secure padd and T'Pau projected on the monitor.

"S'haile Spock and his esteemed aduna, I greet thee. On behalf of Vulcan and Starfleet accept this small token of our appreciation for all you have done for our people and clansmen. You have demonstrated the Ways of Surak and given our people an outlook for their future. Spock, your future lies in space. The life you have chosen with thy spouse shall be eventful. I have predicted that one day your children will be with you in space, and have provided accommodations for them. Don't fail me with those prospects my grandson. Spock you have the Vulcan heart, you have the Vulcan soul.

Live long and prosper."

Nyota took note of T'Pau's endearment and wrapped her arms around Spock's waist, leaning in. They examined the large suite again and finished their investigations in front of the ceiling to floor portal of the stars and Earth. Spock held out his two forefingers, which Nyota gladly received as they both reflected on T'Pau's message. There was a possibility that their children could be subjected to the same treatment Spock had.

Spock was born an anomaly, born out of season. He became a great warrior, a leader, a visionary and a spouse over his short life. Not even 75 years yet, and he had experienced adventures that had carved him.

Nyota commented, "Maybe, things will have changed by the time we have children, Spock."

The End

Several months later, Saana came home from working at the university. She was tired and trying to cook her meal when there was a knock at her door. She opened to see a tall, dark, good looking man looking down at her.

"SHATH!?"

 






Chapter End Notes:

 

A/N:

[1] Transferred -is a story about Charlene transferring to another ship and how it affected their relationship.

[2] Charlene's Diary- compilation of short stories of the relationship of Hikaru and Charlene's engagement.

[3]Star Trek TOS: The Lights of Zetar

 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.