Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


It's the worst time of year.  At least that's how I feel, not even the smell of sugar and butter can raise my spirits.  I should be happy that Cutie Pies is packed and are my mobile orders are insane.  Being a baker during the holidays was crazy, people wanting cakes, cookies and pies for holiday parties and family functions.  My workday started now at 3:30am instead of 5:30 in order to fulfill orders both for the day and our mobile orders.  Now my life consisted of going to work and then going to bed.  

 

 No don't get me wrong I actually like Christmas.....but I don't like people.  There greedy, demanding and entitled, don't even get me started on Karen's.  I swear one more time and I'm selling my bakery and moving to Fiji.  My saving grace is my incredible staff that keep helping me fill orders both in store and mobile orders. Tiffany my day manger is the only reason I still have hair cause by now I would have pulled it out.  

 

Cutie Pies was years a sweat, pain and a whole lot of tears in order for it to be the successful business it is now. After a grueling four years of culinary school at Johnson & Wales in Denver Colorado.  I spent an additional three years working at a pastry shop in downtown Denver before my parents died in a sudden car accident.  This nightmare actually winded up making my dreams coming true.  The whole time I was busting my ass making sure I got good grades and worked my ass of so we're my parents.  Elaine and Robert Hart not only helped me pay my not so cheap tuition but also each worked another job to support my dreams of owning my own bakery.  Unknown to me they we're working another job in order to afford a down payment on a mortgage of this out of business I had my eye on.  Also unknown to me they both had substantial life insurance policies that not only could I afford the mortgage on the space but I could by it out right.

 

I never got to tell them how much I love and appreciate that they were doing everything in there power to make my dreams come true.  That's why no matter what Cutie Pies had to work, no matter how stressed or tired I got I had to succeed.

 

"Someone just ordered five hundred variety cupcakes for for Friday." Came from a shocked voice in the back, it was either Scott or Kenji two college interns who were on mobile orders.

 

"Boss before you find a window to jump out of, just remember you have a team backing you up." 

 

Tiffany always was there talking me off the ledge but right now it felt like I was free falling.

 

"How is this even possible there's supposed to be a 75 ordering limit." I stressed tugging at my Care Bears themed hair bonnet, I tried to wear bright colored or themed bonnets when I was working. Right now I wished my bonnet was long enough to straggle myself with.

 

"That look on your face tells me your not listening to a word I said."

 

Tiffany, bless her heart started cracking jokes in order to distract me from going insane but sadly I was sliding into despair.

 

"Just put me out of my misery out Tiffany, it's okay." At this point my head was on the counter as customers busied around the store, my staff ringing up customers and everyday noise.  It didn't matter I was going to lay across the counter until I melted into it.

 

"We already have orders backing up a ten inch Christmas cake we have to build two wedding cakes and three Christmas parties scheduled for this weekend." Saying it all out loud made it even worse, I'm screwed.  Just as I was thinking of ways to fake my own death, the bells over the door chimed alerting staff that a customer was here.

 

As if I was in a Halmart Movie the world seemed to go in slow motion as a tall super handsome man accompanied by a also equally handsome man came in right behind him.  Chris Evans clone followed by a Michael Fassbender clone came bustling into the shop.  Of course two drop dead men came into my shop when I'm in the middle of a breakdown covered in flour chocolate and god knows what.  They just like many other customers admired the different treats in the display cases.  They talked in low voices as if they we're debating something.  I didn't even bother to left my head off the counter, Tiffany was droning on and on about something until she started shaking my shoulder.  Both of the attractive strangers were approachingm us, a hard elbow from Tiffany caused me to instantly perk up. I'm docking her pay, little troll doll.  Of coarse this conversation was purely in my mind, Tiffany and I met in college not roommates but just living on the same floor. Short thick with the voice that belonged on Spotify, she fully embraced her curves and didn't care what society says.  Usually her hair changed colors and her nose piercing usually matched.  Skin a rich brown like bittersweet chocolate, smooth and blemish free.  She had this aura that just attracted people to her, she also has the people skills that someone of us are lacking (Me). Ever since college in my head called her a troll doll cause she was so cute and small.  Once I made the mistake of calling her that out loud, the glare she gave me still sends chills down my spine.  Her forgiveness cost me a three day stay at a luxury spa and a Ulta shopping spree.  Lesson learned, now what did these two hot men want with me.  

 

"Excuse me Miss are you the proprietor of this business." His crisp accented voice was and sexy, I was spellbound, like I couldn't get any words out.   At this point Tiffany was playing the drums into my side. 

 

'I'm sorry can you repeat again," I asked sheepishly"

 

Giving me a charming flirtatious smile with just the right amount of teeth he repeated, "I was wondering if you were the proprietor of this rather busy establishment."

 

I had to lookup at him, unlike Tiffany I was unfortunately blessed with height. Where she was cute and curvy, I am tall and more muscular.  Years of kneading, mixing and rolling dough has given one hell of a grip and studying in not so good light gave me terrible eyesight. Bringing in materials and moving big bags of flour has strengthened my arms and shoulders.  Pretty much I felt more like a dude then my bright, always fresh and stylish friend.  The only way I could be described as stylish is in my choice of eyewear.  On today’s menu was a pair of sparkly pink pot a dot ones that matched my head covering. Usually I was tall er then most men at 5'11, I usually towered over females and most man.

 

"I need just need to make a small order, on Christmas Eve my family is having a small get together and we need some various treats for 60 to 80 people."  

 

I must be imagining that he said that, because there's no way in hell that we could fulfill that order.

 

"Have you lost it there's three weeks before Christmas , we're not taking anymore Christmas orders." I pointed to a bright lite sign above my head that read NO More Christmas Orders.

 

"Come on love just do me this small favor." He flirted shamelessly.

 

He might have the looks of a superstar and smell like heaven, but he was a good looking douche.  Those type were the worst, and from he's expensive Navy blue suit under his nice Burberry coat ( hah Tiffany I do know brands) to his expensive watch, he seemed like he wasn't used to hearing no.

 

"Uugh no"

 

"Come on beautiful, just do me this little favor, I mean you can just fulfill my order before others."

 

I looked at him like he had two heads, both of them were spitting complete bullshit.

 

"Let me tell you something suit, it's weeks before the holidays and I have nothing but orders pilled up.  Hell no will I just slide you in and push other peoples orders aside." Huffing my dismissal I went to the back to work on some orders and not be bothered with handsome men in suits. A little while later Tiffany came strolling in whistling, I was just going to ignore whatever she was up too. 

 

"Alright what are you up to you little devious elf."

 

Laughing she just pretend like everything was normal.  Putting away ingredients, cleaning counters, checking on orders, trying to act like she was working.

 

I've known her for years, yeah right.

 

"Tiffany I'm not squeezing their order in their order, no matter how hot they are."

 

"I didn't say anything."

 

Giving her a big side eye, I replied.

 

"Hell no".

 

She only grinned deeper.

 

"Hell no."

 

Now she looked like the Grinch, I didn't trust her.

 

"Hell no."

 

She just continued to grin now nodding her head.

 

Finally I squeaked out "Hell no."












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.