Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Song 3

 

“Wait for You” by Elliot Yamin, on Youtube, xaHyvAMLk7U

 

Reference the episode that aired on 5/21/07 when John learns that Evangeline is in the hospital after being gassed at Cristian’s studio.  

 

John stands in the doorway of Evangeline’s hospital room as Layla and Cristian stand around the bed where lies Evangeline.  A multitude of regrets overwhelm him.  He wonders if they had never broken up would she have been spared this.  Memories of the many moments that they shared flash through his mind.  Their first meeting in Angel Square, their first kiss and the time that they were intimate in Mary Barnes’ basement.  Why couldn’t he tell her how he really felt about her?  He tried when they were in the park after they encountered each other at the Love Center, as John returned to survey the crime scene and Evangeline returned to see the spot where she survived near death after being tied up and the area around her feet set ablaze to ultimately consume her.  He told her that she was all that he ever wanted, and she challenged him to prove it and his response was to kiss her, but she told him that was not enough.  He even showed up at her apartment one night after drinking enough to get wasted and said that he didn’t want to lose her, but he didn’t do anything to keep her.  And now is it too late?

 

John knows the loss of losing someone for whom he cares.  He lost his father and his fiancé.  He does not want to lose Evangeline again.  In that moment he avows that he will be there for her through recuperating from this trauma.  He will be there for her whether she wants him to or not.  He has given up too easily so many times with her, but this will not be one of those times.

 

John knows that it will not be an easy journey for him or for her.  There is the police case to resolve and there is the medical case.  He must find out who did this to her, and she must recover.  He will not accept defeat in either case.  His life depends on succeeding in both cases.

 

“So baby I will wait for you/Cause I don't know what else I can do/Don't tell me I ran out of time/If it takes the rest of my life/I’ll wait for you”

 

 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  

 

A year later

 

It’s not what he really wanted but he had no choice.  The risks were too great and, he could not afford to take any chances or involve anyone else.  Never did he think that it would take this long.  This was tearing him apart.  Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the guilty parties were brought to justice, and he could finally breathe.  

 

Without a moment’s thought he drove like a man possessed to the only place where he would find ‘peace’.  It had been months since the last time that he had a chance to visit but nothing could keep him away this day.  His heart was pounding in his chest just thinking about what was about to happen.

 

It was dark by the time that he arrived.  There was one light illuminated in the upstairs bedroom.  He let himself in with his key and walked upstairs.  He didn’t waste any time by turning on any lights because he could find his way blindfolded.

 

He opened the door and his eyes fell upon the delight of his heart.  Finally, all was right in his world. The wait was over!  

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.