Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Golden Bells and Serpent Gods Part 2/3

It was quite late in the evening when Spock was returned to his cell. His return was met with a barrage of questions from the Captain, Scotty and McCoy, most of them pertaining to the welfare of Lieutenants Uhura and Masters.

“Lieutenant Uhura is in peak physical condition. Unlike us, she is kept in a lavishly appointed room. However, I would speculate that to her it is just as much of a prison as our own arrangements,” Spock replied.

“What of Charlene?” Scotty inquired, his voice laced with worry.

“I did not see Ms. Masters, but I would speculate that as she is now the handmaiden of Lieutenant Uhura, that she is also unharmed.”

“What went on out there, Spock,” Kirk asked. “I want a full report.”

“I was taken to meet with Lieutenant Uhura. Just as she has been mistaken for Mixcoatl’s reincarnated queen, I have been mistaken for Ms. Uhura’s lover. Mixcoatl, in his beneficence, allowed me one last chance to…speak with Ms. Uhura. His act of generosity may very well be his downfall,” Spock replied as he sat on one of the stone benches in their cell.

 “How so, Mr. Spock?”

“Your earlier deduction that there must be some power generating device that is the source of Mixcoatl’s powers would appear to be correct. Ms. Uhura and Lt. Masters observed an interesting jewel on the ball courts that was incandescent and emitting a mechanical hum. Uhura believes that if this jewel is broken, our contact with the ship may be restored.”

“You were gone for over three hours, Spock,” McCoy exclaimed. “You’re not telling me that is all you discussed?”

“That is plenty,” Kirk replied as he clapped his hands. “Scotty, I want you to get to work repairing those tricorders. I would like to be able to do a scan of the area to determine if Ms. Uhura’s deductions are correct. “

“Aye, Captain,” Scotty replied as he moved towards the other end of the cell.

“I’d still like to know what else went on, up there,” McCoy replied as he eyed Spock suspiciously.

“I have already related all of the pertinent information that I received, Doctor McCoy,” Spock replied.

“And I suppose that it is up to you to decide what is pertinent or not,” Bones went on.

“That would be correct, doctor. I do not know why you choose persist in this line of questioning.”

“Well, just call me curious. They come in here dragging you out claiming that you are Nyota’s hubby and you come back three hours later looking as relaxed and self-satisfied as the cat that got the cream.”

“Perhaps they gave him a harem full of willing nubile women, Bones,” Jim said with a laugh.

McCoy let out a bark of laughter, “Like that over grown jack rabbit would know what to do with a harem.”

“The captain was overly generous in his estimation. There was only one woman and I was quite capable of performing as required,” Spock replied in his driest tone. “Now gentlemen, I suggest that we devise a plan for our escape and victory upon the morrow.”

Jim and McCoy watched Spock retreat to a bench in the far corner of the cell with twin looks of astonishment.

“Don’t tell me that hobgoblin and Uhura…”

“I think we best take Mr. Spock’s advice and figure out how to save our necks, Bones,” Jim replied with a smirk before moving past the incredulous doctor to join his first officer.

*************

Uhura stretched languidly against the cool sheets of her bed. She was still hovered in that delicious moment between sleep and wakefulness. In her minds eye, she recalled the angular planes of her lover’s body, the long lean muscles that contracted and relaxed as he moved atop and within her. She could still feel the scorching heat of his sweat slicked skin and his slightly rough tongue moving against her flesh. His unrestrained moans and ragged breathing still rang in her ears line a primal mantra, the vulgar old Vulcan utterances still causing heat to pool in her belly. She opened her eyes fully and regarded her surroundings. The first rays of morning light filtering through her window cooled her blood and reminded her of the challenges that came with the new day.

Uhura quickly brought her knees up to her chest and covered her face with her hands. She felt an overwhelming urge to cry out in that moment, to curse fortune for giving her what she had long desired only to snatch him away the next moment. Indeed, Uhura would have thought it all had been a dream but for the ache in her limbs and the tenderness at the base of her neck where he had bitten her in a moment of passion, marking her clearly as his possession. Nyota drew in a deep calming breath. There would be time to weep later if Spock and her fellow crewmen should fail. They had a small and improbable hope of escape, but Uhura found some comfort in that. The crew of the Enterprise had often found themselves in hopeless situations only to pull through in the end thanks to a daring act, a hunch proven correct, or the intervention of providence. Nyota hoped that today would be no different.

The entrance of four strong male servants carrying a large gold basin and pitchers of steaming water served to break Nyota from her thoughts. She hastily covered herself in a sheet and scrambled from the bed to watch as they set up her bath. The men retreated as quietly as they came, leaving behind Charlene Masters to see to her. Once the men had left, Charlene hastened over to Nyota and wrapped her in a tight hug.

“Are you ok, Ny?” She whispered fervently as she clung to her friend. “That brute did not harm you, did he?”

“No, I am fine, Charlene. He did not touch me, thankfully. How are you?”

Charlene laughed wryly. “I am as well as can be, considering. The worst they have done to me is make me wear this ridiculous outfit.”

Charlene stepped back and spun around slowly, showing Nyota the mid-thigh length white linen skirt and matching band that was tied over her breasts.

“At least it is not any shorter than our uniforms,” Nyota replied with a grin. “No one can see your underwear.”

“Thank heavens for that, because they did not give me any,” Charlene sighed.

“Well, you did not see what he dressed me in last night, or rather, what he did not dress me in. I hope I am given some actual clothes today.”

Charlene shook her head in the negative. “I’m afraid not. But, I think our outfits are the least of our concerns. I sure hope the Captain and the guys are alright.

“As of last night, Spock and the boys were still in one piece,” Nyota smiled sadly at her friend. “We’ll be fine, Charlene. No one is getting sacrificed if I have anything to do with it.”

Charlene returned Nyota’s smile before urging her friend to make use of the hot water. “You might as well face the day smelling fresh.”

Nyota stepped into the tub, taking the sponge Charlene offered her and running it over her smooth skin. She was almost reluctant to wash Spock’s scent from her skin, but the hot water did wonders to relax her stiff limbs. Uhura allowed herself to enjoy this one luxury and sat back in the hot bath. She closed her eyes and let her mind run over a thousand different scenarios. She knew that there must be some other way that she could help Spock and her friends. She could not be content sitting back and watching them fight for their lives.

Uhura’s eyes snapped open at the sound of her chamber doors being flung open.

“Leave us,” Mixcoatl bellowed at a frightened Charlene.

Charlene looked to Nyota, caught between the urge to flee and the desire to protect her friend. She chose the former at Nyota’s brief nod.

“I hope that you enjoyed your mortal lover, Golden Bells,” Mixcoatl began once they were alone. “I can see why you took him to your bed. It was a most impressive performance.”

Nyota stood stiffly from her bath, her back to Mixcoatl. “As you can see, I am bathing. It is not proper for you to be here.”

Mixcoatl laughed, his green eyes twinkling with mirth. “There is no part of you that I have not seen or tasted, my Coyolxauhqui.” He paused, his eyes sweeping over her form appreciatively. “You are as lovely as I remember.”

Nyota stepped from her bath and reached for a large linen towel. Mixcoatl was quicker.

“It has been many moons since we were parted,” he whispered as he wrapped the linen sheet around her, rubbing his hands up and down her sides to dry her. “For centuries I have looked at the stars with envy cursing them that they should have the pleasure of your presence while I stay tied to the earth down below.”

Uhura steadied herself as Mixcoatl pressed himself against her, cupping her heavy breasts in his bare hands as he buried his nose in her hair. Her natural urge was to strike out at him, but Nyota knew that he could easily overpower her. Even if he did not possess unnatural powers, his heavily muscled torso and limbs radiated strength. Instead, she chose to stand as stiff as a wooden pillar, willing herself to remain numb to his gentle ministrations.

“Do you not remember, my Golden Bells?” Mixcoatl almost pleaded, his voice broken and needy as his slightly calloused hand traveled from her right breast to the juncture of her thighs. “All those years ago, how we would worship each other,” he began to kiss a path from her jaw down to her shoulder. “You would tremble at my touch…”

He stopped suddenly, his lips hovering over the expanse of silk skin where her neck met her collar, his cool breath causing her flesh to prickle.

“You allowed the mortal to mark you,” Mixcoatl whispered harshly before turning her roughly to face him. His hands gripped her shoulders tightly as he shook her. “You are mine, Coyolxauhqui. You wear no ones brand but my own!”

Uhura met his angry glare with dark defiant eyes.

 “My name is Lieutenant Nyota Uhura,” she bit out. “I am the Chief Communications Officer on the Starship Enterprise. No one owns me, least of all you, mister!” 

 Uhura was surprised by the gentle almost pitying expression that overtook his handsome features.

“You simply do not remember, my Golden Bells,” he smiled sadly. “Soon you will recall who you are, my goddess of the moon and the stars, my wife and mistress of my heart.” With that, Mixcoatl claimed her lips in a long kiss. Uhura was mortified to find that her instinct to struggle soon gave way to acquiescence. She relaxed into his cool embrace, allowing him to pull her small frame flush against his body as he devoured her mouth. After many moments, he released her mouth, leaving Nyota panting for breath.

Mixcoatl gazed down at her, one large hand cupping her face, his thumb brushing her lips, as he watched her recover. “When you drink of the blood of the sacrifice, you will remember. It will be as it was centuries ago. We will rule this planet together and it will be my name that you chant like a prayer in the night.”

Uhura stared up at him, her eyes wide with wonder and fear. His full lips spread into a gentle smile before he dipped his head to take possession of her mouth once more. Uhura watched in silence as Mixcoatl turned and left the room, his long black tresses swinging across the broad expanse of his bare back as he walked.

Nyota shook herself from her stupor as she stumbled over to the window. She shut her eyes and drew in several steadying breaths. Nyota did not understand her inability to resist Mixcoatl when his lips crashed down onto hers. It had been as it was when he first wrenched her away from her colleagues the day before, her protests suddenly impotent when his lips found hers. She remembered how she clung to him with something akin to shame. Spock’s roar of anger and attack on the guards had served to break her from her trance, helping her to recall who she was once more. A small part of Uhura feared that Mixcoatl’s delusion might have been the truth. He had not known that she was named Star when he had recognized her as his reincarnated love. It was a coincidence she now found very disturbing.

Uhura opened her eyes and looked out onto the temple and palace grounds now visible in the morning light. The sight that greeted her caused her to cry out in alarm. Down the hundreds of temple steps ran a stream of dark red blood that stood out against the white limestone in the light of the day. Her keen eyes could make out what appeared to be a pile of bodies thrown at the bottom of the temple stairs. Uhura watched with horror as two priests held down a person. A blade glinted in the sun as it was raised high above and thrust down suddenly into the person. The blade holder’s hand was held aloft again. Nyota could not make out what was clutched in his grasp before the object was tossed into a ceremonial fire that burned behind them. Uhura screamed again as two men holding great blades stepped forward, their machetes rising and falling on the figure held down before the newly dismembered body was flung down the temple steps.

 

Uhura turned from the window in horror to find Charlene running to her side, her face etched in concern.

“Are you okay?” Charlene asked as she took Uhura’s hand.

Nyota shook her head. “Charlene, there is something you must do for me.”

****************************

Spock sat on the stone floor of the cell hunched over a tricorder as he made the final adjustments to the device. The repairs had proven to be more involved then they had anticipated and as Spock did not require sleep every 24 hours in order to function at peek capacity, he had taken over for Mr. Scott once the hour grew late. The first rays of daylight began to stream through the single small window high in their cell. Spock had enjoyed the silence that had come with the humans’ sleep. Well, he enjoyed the relative silence; Doctor McCoy snored quite loudly. He used the time to think over the plan they had devised the evening before and to think on the recent developments in his relationship with Lieutenant Uhura.

While it would be premature to contemplate bonding with Nyota, Spock had been surprised by how easily their minds had touched the evening before. Their union had been effortless and he had slipped into her mind as smoothly as he had slipped into her body. Perhaps their years of friendship had facilitated the bond. Even now, though they had physically parted several hours ago, Spock could still keel her presence on the edges of his consciousness. She was a warm entity, comforting in its very existence.

“Good morning, Mr. Spock,” Jim greeted him groggily as he rose from his place on the floor. “Are those tricorders finally working?”

“Greetings, Jim,” Spock replied as he rose from his seat. “I do believe that they are now in working order.”

“Wonderful. Do some preliminary scans of the area. I want to know of any peculiar energy readings other than the one Ms. Uhura observed. I’ll wake our Sleeping Beauties over there.”

Spock’s raised brow was sufficient reply to cause Kirk to chuckle good naturedly as he walked over to Bones and Scotty’s sleeping forms.

“My scans show that there is indeed another power source located 100 meters north of the power source on the royal observation deck,” Spock reported to Jim and the freshly awakened Mr. Scott and Dr. McCoy.

“Great. So either one could be the one we need to destroy,” Scotty added as he rubbed his eyes. “How can we know which one to target?”

 

“I would suggest that we try to disable both power sources. However, disabling one should allow us enough leeway to resume contact with the Enterprise.”

“If only it were that simple,” McCoy grumbled. “In case you’ve forgotten, Spock, our damned phasers don’t work.”

“Then, we’ll have to improvise,” Jim replied. “I am sure we can come up with some sort of weapon.”

Discussion was brought to a halt by the sound of their cell door being unlocked. Kirk hastily hid their repaired tricorders under a blanket before the guards entered. The men were all surprised to see Charlene Masters enter the cell, her head bowed and her hand clutching a tray of fruit, bread and water. Spock’s keen ears caught the sound of three human stomachs gurgling, as if the sight of food had just reminded them of their hunger.

“My mistress Lady Nyota brings you this gift of food and her wishes for your victory on the battle field,” Charlene replied, her voice a bit too loud.

Seemingly appeased, the guard shut the cell door behind her. As soon as it was closed, Charlene placed the tray down and walked to the far corner of the cell, beckoning the men to follow her.

“Are you alright, Charlene?” McCoy asked worriedly, prodding her with gentle fingers as he searched her for injury.

“I am fine, Len,” she replied. “They did not hurt me.” Charlene smiled, her eyes locked on Mr. Scott.

“Aren’t you a sight for sore eyes,” Scotty sighed as he stepped forward and crushed Charlene in a hug.

“I told you, I’m fine, Monty,” Charlene soothed as she rubbed Scotty’s back in small circles.

Scotty replied by pulling her tighter to his chest.

“Careful there, Monty,” Charlene squeaked. “You might poke a hole in me.”

Jim let out a strangled laugh that turned into a cough and McCoy’s eyes widened comically.

“I know you’re happy to see Charlene alive and well, Scotty. But this is hardly the time…”

Charlene’s laugh cut off McCoy’s statement. “No, Dr. McCoy. I happen to be carrying some very sharp presents.”

She backed out of Scotty’s embrace and reached into her tube top to pull out several small blades. “Gifts from Lady Nyota,” Charlene explained as she handed the knives to Kirk and McCoy. She reached under her skirt to reveal one smooth brown thigh that was wrapped in a makeshift holster. She added a crude firearm and two more blades, larger than the others, to their growing arsenal.

“How did you get all of these, Lieutenant,” Kirk asked in amazement.

“Apparently, what we call weapons they call hair accessories,” Charlene laughed. “The gun I rigged up myself. Those engineering classes have to count for something.”

“Well done, Lieutenant,” Jim replied as he clapped her on the back.

“I have to go before the guard grows suspicious,” Charlene sighed. “Good luck.”

“You and Uhura stay safe,” Jim urged as he shook her hand. “We’ll find a way to get out of here.”

Charlene turned to go, but was stopped by Scotty’s hold on her hand.

“Charlene, in case we don’t make it back ta the ship…”

“Shush,” Charlene stopped him with a hand on his lips. “We’ll get out of this. Save whatever you were going to finally admit for when we get back home, Mr. Scott.”

Scotty smiled sadly and shook his head in agreement, kissing her fingers before she dropped them from his face. Charlene rose on her toes and kissed him quickly on the side of his mouth before turning and leaving without a backwards glance.

“Well, this mission has been full of surprises,” Jim began once the guard had locked the door.

“You’ve been holding out on us at our poker games, Monty,” Bones teased.

“Gentlemen,” Spock cut off the ensuing round of jesting. “I suggest that we all partake of Ms. Uhura’s gift and plan how we intend to incorporate Ms. Master’s contraband into our plans.”

“As usual, Mr. Spock is correct,” Jim replied as he reached for a fruit that resembled a purple apple. “Eat up, gentlemen. Our chances of success just got a lot better.”