Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Wow! Thanks for the awesome response. Really wasn't expecting it. Sorry for any mistakes, I typed this on my Touch and I'm not always the best with cathcing little mistakes. 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Pounding. Endless pounding. God I've never had this bad a headache before in my life. Hell, this is beyond a headache. It's a freaking migraine! Why do I have a migraine anyway? And where the hell am I? Come on eyes, open up dammit! I'm finally able to will my eyes to open and when I do, I feel as if I'm starring right at the sun.  Whimpering, I quickly bury my face into my....pillow? Apparently, I'm in a bed. My bed obviously. Who else's bed would I be in?


The hairs on my body stand when I feel movement coming from the other side. There's someone in bed with me. Oh Good Lord, this isn't good. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. Clenching my eyes shut, I lift my head from the pillow and gradually open them. I'm met with a headboard. I don't have a headboard on my bed. Meaning, this isn't my bed. Rolling over on my back, I realize something. These sheets, although extremely comfortable, feel as if they're the only things....no. My eyes widen and I send out a silent prayer before slowly pulling up the sheets to peak down....at my naked body.

"Oh my gosh," I whisper sharply, covering my mouth. So not only do I have no idea where I am, with a migraine, insane sensitivity to light, naked in some strange bed, but I'm in bed with someone! A part of me wants to not even see who this stranger is, but an even bigger part knows that I should.

Heaven help me.

Taking a deep breath, I gradually turn my head to the side. Whoever this guy is, he's freaking huge. Half of his legs must be dangling off the bed. He's lying on his stomach, face turned away from me, with his arms-wait-those arms. Why do they look so damn familiar?

Ugh. WHAT THE HELL  IS GOING ON?!

Am I being punk'd? God, what have I done? First things first, I've gotta get the hell away from guy with the weirdly familiar arms. Wincing at the pounding, I manage to sit myself up and glance around the room.

Holy shit.

This has to be the most luxurious, bedroom, no, hotel room, I've ever seen before in my life. It's like the Presidential Suite at the Four Seasons. Ugh! Stay focused Arianna!

I notice our clothes are scattered around the room and, unfortunately for me, my bra and panties are a good distance away. Crap. Biting my lip, I realize that even if I wanted to just wrap the sheet around my body as a means of shielding, I can't because the movement will probably weak up the freaking giant next to me. I'm going to have to just go naked.

Shit.

Peeling off the sheets, I carefully inch myself off the bed and tip toe my way into the bathroom. I gently close the door, before marveling at the spacious room.

"This jank is bigger than my freaking bedroom," I murmur, looking in the linen closet to pull out towels. I stop mid movement when a shiny object catches my eye. "What the f-" Eyes wide, mouth ajar, I gasp as I realize what it is. A wedding ring. A wedding freaking ring. I'm....married? No, this has to be a mistake. I can't be married! I'm not even seeing anyone!

With shaky hands, I pull the ring off. Totally off topic, but it really is a gorgeous and expensive looking ring. It's definitively something I would pick out. This is just too much. I reach to turn on the shower, allowing the water to reach just the right temperature. Grabbing the bar soap, shampoo, and wash towel, I hop in.

I let the hot water run down my surprisingly relaxed muscles. I feel no pain or discomfort....down there so....we didn't have sex. I let out a sigh of relief. Clearly, we aimed to, but must've passed out before we actually could. Thank God. It's bad enough my ass has apparently up and married a complete stranger, but to sleep with said stranger would make me no better than your common hoe.

I shampoo and wash my hair, before cleansing my body a good 5 times. Even though the "marriage" hasn't been consummated, I still feel dirty. The water feels so good and, oddly enough, is helping with my migraine. Still, I don't feel like looking like a prune. I, reluctantly, get out.

"Crap," I release a quiet and frustrated groan. I have no fresh clothes. That's just fan-freaking-tastic. I wrap a towel around my hair. Using the supplied beauty products, I apply the deodorant and brush my teeth. I notice some lotion and lather it all over my body. It smells like something that came straight out of Bath and Body Works. I use the towel and ring out my naturally wavy hair one good time before throwing in the hamper.

Now comes the tricky part, what the hell so I wear? Stomping over to the closet, I notice two fluffy white robes. Grabbing the smaller looking one, I decide it's my best bet and put it on. It reaches me just above my knee. Much to my dismay, it's rather fitting and sort of attaches itself to my curves.

Grabbing the ring, I place it back on my finger. Might as well wear it. It looks too nice and expensive to just throw aside. I take a deep breath and carefully open up the bathroom door. I need my phone. I need to call Kaydence, I'm sure she has something to do with this. Oh, and Maya too! Good Lord Maya is gonna kill my ass.

I sneak a glance at my mysterious guy in the bed. He's knocked out. Creeping around the room, while trying to keep quiet, I finally find my LG Revolution. And of course, the shitty phone is dead. This dumbass phone has the worst battery life ever. I sigh heavily and stick the phone into the pocket on my robe.

I really don't want to go back to bed, but seeing that I don't have much of a choice....oh! I can explore around this humongous suite though. Creeping out the room, I gingerly close the two doors separating the bedroom from the living area or whatever. Damn this is such a nice place. If the circumstances were different, I would totally live my ass here.

Flopping on the coach, I notice a flyer on the coffee table in front. The Four Seasons. No freaking way. This IS that hotel. My....husband must be freaking loaded. Oh Lord, what if he's involved in some sort of illegal business? I'm now an accomplice!

Curling up into a fetal position, while laying on my side, I shut my eyes to block out the sunlight beaming through the closed curtains. There's too much light in here, and it's killing my eyes. Now, I realize I'm probably not doing everything I can or should about this whole situation. However, with my current miserable feelings, migraine, and light sensitivity, all I want to do is sleep.

Glancing at the clock, I see that it's 10:49, before drifting off back to sleep.

ooooooOOOoooooo

The sound of hushed whispering disturbs my slumber. I'm scared to open my eyes, but I know I have to. Blinking them open, the first thing I see is a glass of water with a blue, gel capsule beside it. Those weren't there when I went off to sleep. I dart my eyes to the clock and see it's now 11:01. Crap, I only slept for 12 freaking minutes. Wait, where are the whispers coming from? Focusing my hearing, it sounds like it's coming from behind me.

Steadily rising off the sofa, I sit up and stretch my arms.  For whatever reason, I'm now able to hear exactly what the other person is saying. It's clearly a guy's voice. My eyes widen. It must be dude with the familiar arms, AKA my husband.

Fuck.

"Shit, she's up.....yeah....no you idiot....Look, just hurry up and get your ass over here...yeah...okay bye."   Dammit. I should run. Yeah, I mean I have a clear advantage since I'm closer to the door. I have my phone with me, and I can always get new clothes. I mean, running out a hotel room, dressed in only a robe does seem a little crazy. Nevertheless, desperate times call for desperate measures! I'll just carefully slip the ring off, slowly inch my way off the sofa and-

"Hey...."

Goddamnit.

Totally off topic, but this guy has a sexy ass voice. Cursing to myself, I begrudgingly rise up off the sofa and turn around.

"Hi-" I stop, and I swear it's like a scene out of a movie. I instantly recognize him, but, not what happened. "Colin...." I trail off, trying to gather my thoughts. "You've got to be fucking kidding me."  I moan, rubbing my temples. "We're married."

He shuts his eyes and nods solemnly, "Looks that way."

"I can't....why the....can you tell me what the hell happened last night?" I stumble, trying to process everything.

"Isn't it obvious?" he scoffs, crossing his arms, while leaning back against the kitchen counter. "We got drunk an-"

"What? No, maybe you got drunk, but I didn't. I don't drink."

"Oh?" His facial expression hold amusement mixed with irritation. "Then why do you have a hangover?"

"I don't," I stop because I realize he's right. My migraine, light issues, hell now that he mentions it, even with how low he's speaking, is hurting my ears.

"You should take the Advil," he motions behind me. "It'll help with the symptoms."

"Thanks," I murmur, grabbing the pill and sending up a quick prayer before gulping it down.

I can feel his eyes on me, but refuse to meet his gaze. "Have you told anyone....ya know."

"No," I quickly answer. "My phone is dead."

He releases a breath of relief, "Good." Glancing up at him, I realize he's dressed in a simple, but expensive looking, pair of jeans. No shirt. Butterflies form in my stomach as I roam my eyes over his six-pack and sculpted arms. His tattoos stand out the most. They're not over the top like Chris Brown, but they certainly aren't subtle. I like them, a lot, actually. That's a lot coming from me considering I abhor tattoos.

"I don't mean to make you uncomfortable..." He starts off, with a pinkish tent to his cheeks. I wonder what his nationality is? Hispanic maybe? "But do you know if we....well..."

My eyes go wide and I start blushing profusely, "No, we didn't." I look away while talking, mostly because, well, sex has always made me uncomfortable. Not that I don't have good reasons... "I think we must have passed out before we could."

"Probably," he agrees and an awkward silence commences. Finally, I get fed up and decide to break it. Walking up to him, I take a deep breath, while noticing how freakishly tall he is.

"Can I use your phone?" I ask, noticing the conflicted look on his face. "I just need to call my friends and let them know I'm okay." He still looks unsure. "I'll block the number and I won't tell them about....this...ill make something up. Promise."

"Okay," he relents, and pulls out a shiny iPhone 6 out his back pocket. He appears to type something, most likely a password lock before reaching it to me. I offer him a small smile and start to enter Kay's number before realizing something. She doesn't answer calls she doesn't recognize. Maya does though.

Smiling, I clear the dial pad and hit *67 before dialing her number. She answers on the 4th ring. "Hello?"

"Maya?"

"Arianna! Where the hell are you?! Kay and I have been worried sick-" I quickly pull the phone away from my ear, wincing at the extreme pain her loud yelling caused. Bringing the phone to my mouth, I calmly, but sternly warn her. "Maya, I freaking swear to God, if you don't freaking stop yelling, I will hang up this freaking phone in your freaking face.  "
She sucks her teeth, "What's wrong with you?"

"I have a hangover and my Advil hasn't kicked in yet." I answer dryly. " Look I can't talk long, my phone died and I'm using...someone else's but I just wanted to let you and Kay know that I'm okay."

"Someone else's phone? Ari where are you? What happened to you last night? When are you coming home?"
She starts bombarding me with questions, and even though I'm SO ENTIRELY grateful to have her in my life, I can't deal with this right now.

"Look Maya," I sigh, hating that I have to lie to her. "I really can't say much except that I'm safe and that I'll be home soon. You just have to trust me on this. I really am okay."

A beat.

"You better not be lying to me trick." She says half seriously, and half-joking.

"I'm not hoe," I laugh. "Tell Kay what I said, okay?"

She sighs heavily, "I will, be careful Ari and call me back ASAP."

"I will. Later girl."

"Bye." Click. Making sure the phone is hung up, I notice his background which reads "Family isn't always blood. It's the people in your life who want you in theirs; the ones who accept you for who you are. The ones who would do anything to see you smile, and who love you no matter what."

"Nice wallpaper," I murmur, handing him back his phone.

"You say interesting; I say appropriate"

I quip my eyebrow, "How so?"

He looks at me quizzically, as if I just asked him what color the sky is. "I'm adopted..."

The fuck?

"Really?" He now has my fullest attention. "Ah, so you're one of the lucky ones." Shit! Shut the fuck up Ari! You're talking too damn much.

A slight frown forms on his handsome face, "What do you-"

The sound of someone knocking on the door interrupts our conversation, and I for one am extremely grateful. The less he knows about me, the better.

He excuses himself to go see who's at the door and as soon as he walks off, a sudden wave of nausea hits me. Throwing my hand over my mouth, I run towards the bathroom, lean over the toilet and vomit.

Never again will I drink.

NEVER.

 






Chapter End Notes:

Not much action in this one, and more background info on Maya will be revealed in the next chapter. Thoughts?







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.