Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry this took so long. Had to rewrite this and the other chapters. Thank you for reading and have a good week. :)




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Mitch gently opened the door to Salina's room.  Brad was sitting in a chair he'd pulled up to her bedside.  Brad nodded to him as he got up and left the room. 

"What happened?"  Mitch asked roughly. 

"You got here fast."  Brad sighed.  "She was pregnant and lost the baby." 

"What?  How?" 

"She was assaulted and by the time they got her here she miscarried." 

Mitch put his hand on his head and turned away. "God."  He looked at the door before looking back at Brad.  "Where's Storm?" 

"I don't know.  He's not taking this well." 

"He's not here?" 

"He found out she was pregnant when they told him she lost the baby." Brad replied angrily.  "He left after they sedated her."  Brad took a deep breath.  "Will you stay with her. I  need to go find him." 

"Yeah, yeah of course."

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Storm sat in his car, eyes closed and head on the headrest.  He had not moved from that position since he got to the cemetery.  He wanted to get out of the car but couldn't seem to move.  The feeling of disappointment, anger, loneliness, fear, loss, filled him all at once, in complete chaos.  He wanted to scream at the world and at Salina to get answers to the questions he that kept playing in his head.  Why did she leave the house?  Why didn't she tell him as soon as she found out she was pregnant?  He would have come back immediately.  He should have been with her when she went to the hospital.  He should have been with her when she went to the police station.  He should have been with her from the very beginning.  Somewhere in the daze of everything, he realized his phone was ringing.  Looking at the screen, he saw that he had missed so many calls, and it was Brad calling again but rejected the call.  Immediately after, he received a text message asking where was.  It was one of many.  The phone began ringing again and this time he answered. 

"What?" 

"Salina needs you..."

"What's wrong?  What happened?  She was sedated when I left." 

"She still is but Storm she's going to need you and you need her." 

"I don't..."

"Storm don't do this to yourself or her.  Salina has been alone for so long and the last thing either of you should be right now is alone.  You can't go through this by yourself.  Storm come home, please."

About two hours later Storm walked into his house to see Brad pacing the living room.

"What are you doing here?" Storm asked putting his keys on the kitchen counter. 

"I'm so sorry Storm. I don't know what you're going though but you'll both get through this." 

"Yeah, you can go," Storm said dejectedly and turned to his bedroom. 

He stopped at the door and looked at the bed.  It was unmade.  He could see where Salina had flipped back the covers when she received the call that had changed everything.  He stood there and saw her in bed sleeping soundly and the picture of her wrapped in the covers that she had sent to him, was vivid in his mind. 

"Storm, take a shower.  I'll wait," Brad said, standing behind him.

"No you don't need to..." 

"Storm, I'm not leaving.  Go," he gently cajoled.

Storm looked back at him and released his breath heavily before turning for the bathroom. 

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Storm was looking for his keys.  Going back to his bedroom, he sat on the bed and tried to remember where he had put them.  He looked back at the bed as he had done so many time, thinking of Salina laying there, resting because of morning sickness. That's where he should be right now, holding her in his arms as their baby lay nested safely between them.  But that was not the life he was living at the moment. Instead he was living a nightmare where his baby was no more.  He picked up her pillow and buried his face in it.  It smelled of her, sweet and soft.  He got up and returned to the kitchen and that's when he saw Brad holding the keys in his hand. 

Storm reached for the keys but Brad pulled them back.  "I'm driving." 

"I don't have time for this. I need to get ba..."

"Yes, I know and I'm driving."  Storm looked on angrily,  "You're tired and shouldn't be driving."  Sighing Brad continued, "You need the help and support and you're getting it."

Storm turned and walked to the door. 

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

The silence was heavy as they drove to the hospital.

"I realize she didn't tell you she was pregnant, do you know why?" 

"No," Storm replied looking out the window.  "She only said she needed to speak with me in person." 

"Maybe she wanted it to be a surprise..."

"Maybe...yeah," he replied absently. 

Storm picked up his phone and sent Dara a quick message telling her that he would be out of the office for the day. 

When they got to the hospital, they sat silently.  Storm couldn't seem to get out of the car and go into the building.  After about twenty minutes of silence, Storm spoke.

"I couldn't concentrate on the meeting" he began, staring ahead and looking out the window.   "She was all I kept thinking about.  The last few days were perfect.  We talked, we played, we were that much closer.  All I wanted to do was come back home, to her.  All I kept thinking about was how happy I was.  When she sleeps at her apartment, I feel lonely; my bed feels too big and empty.  But when she's at my place, I feel at peace, calm.  When I get home and I see her car in the garage, I don't park beside her as I could, I park behind her so she can't leave.  The night before I left, we watched the sunset and were so contented.  I asked her what she wanted at that moment, if she could have anything.  She paused, looked up at me and said, ‘I want the fairytale.'  I knew without a doubt that she loved me and I wanted to give her that fairytale.  I want to be the person who made her happy.  Two mornings ago, she told me she was still sleeping and I called her a bedbug."  Storm smiled at the memory.  "Later that evening she left me a message saying she needed to speak with me, in person.  I texted her but she didn't reply until the following day."  Storm sighed then closed his eyes. "In that meeting, I was thinking about the perfect ring setting because I was planning on asking her to marry me."

"I was wondering when that was going to come about."  Storm looked at Brad.  "You're happy with her and she with you." 

"Not anymore," Storm replied before getting out of the car.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Storm gently opened the room door.  Mitch was by her side, holding her hand.  He walked over to the bed and looked at Salina sleeping peacefully but knowing that the beginning of the second act of this nightmare would soon be upon them.  Mitch got up and motioned for Storm to follow him outside.  He kissed Salina on the forehead before following. 

Once outside, both men stood facing each other.  Storm was ready for Mitch to tell him how much of a failure he was; that he was incapable of protecting Salina and their baby.  Not that he needed to hear it from anyone else, he already knew that. 

"Storm, I'm so sorry for both your loss.  Does anyone know anything else about the cop who did this?" 

"How did you..."

"Mike left not too long ago.  He told me it was a cop who was stalking her who did this to her.  He's out looking for him."

"How is she doing?  Has she been awake?" 

"No, but she should be up shortly.  How are you doing besides?  I know you and I are not friends but if you need anything, please count me as one of the people you can ask." 

"Thanks Mitch.  I may need your help with her.  You're the closest person to her at the moment." 

"No Storm, you are, but I'll be here anytime you need." 

"Thank you."  Storm sighed and ran a hand through his hair.  Taking a deep breath, he looked at Mitch,  "I"m going to go in and sit with her.  Go home and get some rest.  Thanks for staying with her." 

"Anytime, call me if anything changes.  I'll be here at the hospital and I'll let you know when I'm leaving," Mitch said knowing he needed this alone time with Salina. 

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Annetta paced back and forth in Helen's office.  Helen was sitting behind her desk writing up reports and glancing to Annetta every now.

"Helen's where is he?" Annetta said in frustration. 

"Who? Your husband or your nephew?" she asked sitting back in her chair. 

"Both of them.  I haven't heard from Gianni.  I don't know if he found Storm..."  Her phone rang.  It was from Brad, "Brad, did you find him?"

"Yes, I did.  He's here at the hospital with Salina." 

"Oh thank God.  I'll go down and see him now.  Thank you so much Brad for finding him.  We have to give them all the support they need." 

"Yes Aunt Annetta, we all will." 

"I take it they found him," said Helen when Annetta ended her call.  She was calling her husband to update him on Storm's location. 

"Yes, Brad did.  He's with Salina."

"Good.  Stop pacing or I'm charging you for the scuff marks in my floor." 

Both women smiled at each other.  They had known each other for years and were very good friends; almost best friends.  It was however, a genuine surprise when Helen found out that Storm was the father of Salina's baby and they were a couple. 

"Are you going to call his mother and let her know?" 

"Absolutely not!  He wouldn't want anyone to and she would only make a bad situation worse.  She hates that girl because she's not white, Italian or rich." 

"I can understand that."

"She's being an idiot as usual and a snob.  She married into money,  Salina was born to it."

"Wait, Salina's wealthy?  As in independently wealthy?" 

"Yes, quiet from my understanding.  Ayasha told me she apparently inherited millions from her father.  It was in a trust until her birthday past.  She doesn't have to work if she doesn't want to but that girl worked.  Two jobs from what I understand so she didn't have to rely on the allowance from the trust.  It was the most she could get out of Storm before he shut down any more questions.  He doesn't want his mother or anyone else knowing.  He doesn't want his mother to suddenly ‘accept' Salina, which I doubt would ever happen.  That gold-digger is too prejudice for that."

Just then there was a knock at the door and Helen bade the person entry.  

"Dr. Armstrong, here is the report you requested.  The other reports will be ready in a few hours."

"Thanks Gina." 

Helen took the report and put on her desk as another knock sounded at the door and she bade that person entry.  Gianni walked in.

He immediately hugged and kissed his wife and then hugged Helen who was had come from behind her desk. 

"How is he doing?" Gianni asked. 

"I haven't seen him.  He's with Salina from what I understand."

"I'll go down and see him." 

"Yes, I'll come with you," said Annetta. 

"Helen thanks for everything," said Gianni turning to her. 

"Yes, Helen thanks for everything," added Annetta. 

"She's my patient.  There's nothing to thank me for.  Go see them.  It's going to be a hard next couple of days for them both." 

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Storm bolted up and looked around the room.  Salina was still sleeping and he remembered why they were in a hospital room.  The knock came again and he quickly got up and went to the door as he didn't want Salina disturbed.  Stepping out of the room and carefully closed the door behind him, and Annette pulled him into her arms as soon as the door was closed.  He hugged her back tightly. 

"How are you my darling?  I'm so sorry Storm, so very sorry.  I know what it feels like."

"Thanks Aunt Annetta." 

He hugged his uncle also.  "Son, I'm so sorry you know this pain.  You will get through this; you both will." 

"Thanks Uncle Gianni."  After a moment of silence, Storm spoke. "She hasn't been awake yet.  I want her to sleep and wake up and this is all a nightmare and it's over.  I want her to tell me she's pregnant and that I'm going to be a father."  Storm sighed.  "But that's not going to happen." 

"Storm, this is just a bad moment in your life.  The rest of your life is going to be filled with so much joy and happiness, you'll hardly ever think of this moment.  She's going to put up walls to protect herself.   She's going to be angry and blame herself as you are blaming yourself right now.  But neither of you can.  If you do, you'll close yourselves off from each other and you both need each other right now, more than ever," Gianni said clasping Storm's arms. 

 

Storm thought about what his uncle was saying and looked at him.  "Thanks Uncle Gianni.  I'll try to remember that for us both." 

 

"You will have us here if you need anything.  We're not leaving your side," Gianni said fiercely. 

"What can we get you?  Did you eat?  Do you need anything?  I'll tell Ayasha..." Annetta stated only to be interrupted by Storm. 

"No!  Please, I don't want Ayasha here," Storm said to them both. 

"Why Storm?  I'm sure Collin must have told her by now and she's going to want to support the both of you," Annetta inquired. 

"Yes, I know but I think it would be too much for Salina to handle right now.  Ayasha would be a reminder of what she lost..."

"I understand Storm.  I'll let Ayasha know," Annetta stated as she placed a hand on his arm reassuringly. 

"Thanks.  I'm going to go back in to her.  Thanks for being here.  I appreciate it," Storm said as he accepted hugs from them again and returned to the room.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Ayasha called Storm but again the call went to his voicemail.  Next she tried Dara.  

"Hello Ayasha...."

"Morning Dara.  Have you heard from Storm?" 

"No, I haven't," replied Dara getting worried after hearing the desperation in Ayasha's voice.  "I received a text message from him but it was very early.  It said he wouldn't be in the office for the next few days.  What's going on?" Dara asked. 

"You didn't hear?  Oh he probably didn't want to wake you.  Dara, Salina is in the hospital." 

"What?" Dara asked getting up out of her chair.  "When? Do you know what happened?" 

"According to Collin, she was pregnant and she lost the baby last night.  Storm maybe at the hospital but I haven't been able to speak with him... Oh hold on, that's Aunt Annetta.  I'll call you back." 

"Yes, please do." 

Dara immediately text Storm.

After a few minutes, Ayasha called back. "What hospital is she at?" Dara asked as soon as she answered the phone.   

"He doesn't want me at the hospital.  Why Dara, why is he shutting me out?" Ayasha cried.

Before Dara could reply, Collin took the phone, "Hi Dara, she's at my hospital.  He's with her now." 

"Do you know what happened Collin?" 

"Yes, apparently she was attached by the cop who was stalking her." 

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Salina moved slightly trying to open her eyes but they wouldn't open.  It was as if her mind was refusing to wake up.  She felt numb.  What happened?  Where was she?  She moved her head but it hurt.  Suddenly a dull pain seem to infuse her body.  She was coming awake.  She moaned as the pain seemed to increase. 

Someone gently touched her hand and then held it.  She could hear sounds, voices, someone was speaking but they sounded muffled.  She tried moving her arms but they were too heavy, her entire body felt heavy.  Finally her eyes were open but she had to adjust to the light even though the room was fairly dark.  The voice she was hearing was Storm and he was putting a straw to her dry lips. 

"Sweetheart, take a sip," he said softly. 

Salina took a sip then another. She coughed a bit, then drank more. 

"Storm?" she croaked. 

"I'm here sweetheart.  I'm here." 

"What happened?" 

"Rest Salina, rest.  I'm right here, I'm not going anywhere, I promise." 

Salina closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep again. 

A few hours later Salina awoke again.  She opened her eyes quicker this time around as she tried to remember what had happened to her.  She wasn't at home.  Suddenly flashes of images began to play in her mind; the phone call, Mike coming to get her, Tracey in the hospital, then the police station.  Then she remembered seeing the cop and began to tremble.  Her hand began to move to her abdomen but it was intercepted.  Salina looked up at Storm and her eyes began to get filled with tears.  He was preventing her from touching her abdomen and looked at her with such sorrow.

"Storm?...Storm?..." Salina said as she began to cry. 

"You're going to be fine sweetheart.  Just rest and get better." 

"Storm, no,,,,no...the...." 

"Shhhhh, it's okay," Storm said as he pulled her into his arm and she began to cry. 

"No,,.no, please, God no please, not my baby." 

"I'm so sorry sweetheart.  I'm so sorry Salina.  We're going to have other babies I promise,  I promise you sweetheart, we're going to have many more babies.  I'm sorry Salina, I'm so sorry," Storm repeated he got into bed with her and held her as she cried in his arms.  She didn't see his silent tears. 

She knew it was a lie.  There would be no more babies.

 






Chapter End Notes:

Thanks again for reading and your patience. 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.