Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The meeting.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


As Evangeline descended in the elevator she wondered who had called her name.  Had she left something at her earlier meeting? She decided not to worry about it and knew that if she had left something the office staff there knew to send it to her.  She had a busy day ahead and did not have time to delay.  Since her recovery she cherishes every minute and endeavors to reduce any stress or worry in her life.   Carpe diem, seize the day, has become her motto.  She lives each day to the fullest, forgetting about the past and not worrying about the future.  That’s why it seemed so strange to her that today of all days, she thought about John McBain and even wore the perfume that she knew he liked.

 

Meanwhile, John stands at the elevators wondering what just happened.  How could he have thought that he saw Evangeline? She died? Didn’t she? But he heard the woman respond, “Yes”, when he called her name.  And he even smelled, “Flowers in Springtime” which was Evangeline signature perfume.  And why today of all days did that song play, “One More Time”, and he thought of their coffee conversation.  John didn’t believe in coincidences and decided then and there to get answers to his questions.  

 

After the elevator encounter John went to the receptionist and inquired of the meeting schedule on the floor and learned that the Assistant Director had a meeting with one of the area’s leading attorneys, Evangeline Williamson.  John couldn’t believe what he heard. John went to his office and called the one person who could confirm that indeed Evangeline was alive.  Nora Buchanan answered on the third ring. She confirmed that yes, Evangeline recovered from the coma.  Nora further explained that Evangeline never returned to Llanview and only corresponds with Nora and Victor Lord. John didn’t ask Nora for Evangeline’s address because he knew if Nora thought that Evangeline wanted him to have it she would have given it already.  John couldn’t blame her.  Nora was Evangeline’s friend and John treated Evangeline very badly when they were together. After John’s conversation with Nora the receptionist came to his office to ask him to store a personal item left by the attorney who met with the Assistant Director this morning. Attorney Williamson would return soon to retrieve it.  John smiled.

 

Hours later, Evangeline indeed had left something at her early morning meeting and the office staff there finally contacted her to inform her that they would send it to her.  Fortunately Evangeline had another meeting in the same area and agreed to retrieve the item herself. She thought that perhaps that explains why someone called her name as she left her earlier meeting.  

 

Evangeline arrived to retrieve the item and the receptionist directed her to an office down the hall. Evangeline raised her hand to knock on the door but before she could knock the door opened and there stood John McBain. Evangeline was speechless. John smiled, took her hand, and led her into the office. She sat in the chair in front of his desk.  She continued to look at him but still said nothing.  John retrieved her item and placed it on his desk in front of her.  He sat in the chair next to her, took her hand again and said, “I love you”.  “Why?” Evangeline asked.  “Because I do and I want to,” John responded.  “I don’t believe you,” she said.  “Will you marry me?” he asked.  “No” she responded.  “Will you marry me and be the mother of my children and grow old with me?” he asked again.  “No” she said again. “Will you marry me and be the mother of my children and grown old with me and allow me to love you for the rest of my life and yours?” he asked again.  “Maybe” she responded.  John didn’t allow her to change her mind.  He immediately asked her to have dinner with him tonight.  She agreed. 






Chapter End Notes:

Where do they go from here?







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.