Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

You didn’t really think that she would let him back in that easily did you?  NOT!!!




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Evangeline laughed as John tried to hit the golf ball from the tee.  “John, it’s a golf club, not a baseball bat!” she said. “Pretend that you’re Robert Clemens” she added.  John turned to her and said nothing.  He knew that it wouldn’t be easy to win her again but he also knew that she was worth whatever he had to do to have her as his wife.  “I’d stop the world if only I could hold you one more time”.

 

The golf outings, the ballet performances, the tennis matches, and even couples therapy at Blessed Soul, a highly recommended couples retreat, whatever he had to do he did it. It didn’t take long for them to both realize that they were only delaying the inevitable. They belonged together.  So on a beautiful sunny day in September, Evangeline Williamson and John McBain became husband and wife.

 

Five years later

 

Evangeline is now a Judge and John is now an FBI Assistant Director.  Evangeline couldn’t help but smile as she looked adoringly at her husband as he chased after their son and she held the hand of their daughter. No one was more surprised than Evangeline and John when they found out that she was pregnant, with twins, within the first year of their marriage.  She thought that she was too old to have children, but everything went well with the pregnancy and the delivery.  Now here they are so many years after first meeting in Angel Park in Llanview, older and wiser and more deeply in love than they could have ever imagined.  Love does conquer all.

 

“I’d say a prayer each time you smile

Cradle the moment like a child

I’d stop the world if only I 

Could hold you one more time”

 

The End






Chapter End Notes:

Thnx for reading my first attempt at writing a story.  Thnx much for those who took the time to review.  One reviewer in particular, you know who you are, whose kind words gave me the boost that I needed to finish the story.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.