Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Beta Reader: Jsilver2000

I have decided to do a mini-series on Charlene Masters and her relationship with Hikaru Sulu. I hope you enjoy these short stories on their relationship.




Author's Chapter Notes:

These are compilation of short stories about Sulu/Masters relationship, based on from the "Transferred" story. Charlene and Hikaru and officially engaged. If you want to read how their relationship began, read "The Battle of Spock part 2:chapters 19-36". Part 11 of Uhura's World Series




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


The Enterprise is on shore leave at Starbase 9, where multiple bars can suit everybody's taste. But we find Lieutenant Charlene Masters sitting at the bar alone, there are other patrons around. The lights are dim, giving off a romantic atmosphere and people are talking in low tones.


Charlene glances around and returns to her drink as if she's waiting for someone.


Lieutenant (JG) [Junior Lietenant] Jamaal James Edwards (JJ) by his family, wandered in the lounge. He has come along way since the academy, he wanted to explore the galaxy, which he did but with a price. He was stationed on a light cruiser with little to no battle action, he was stuck in a ruck and couldn't get out. He wanted something different, as Jamaal scans the lounge looking for a little romance. He spotted a silhouette of a woman at the bar and decides to use his charms when he lightly touched the shoulder of the brown beauty, she turned suddenly towards him. Jamaal felt something warm cling and drip down his shirt, he looks down at his shirt in shock and he heard a gasp.


"I'm so sorry about that, you took me by surprise."


When their eyes met it was recognition, and they widen.


"Jamaal?"


"Charlene?"


They both said at the same time. Charlene looks at her drink splashed across Jamaal's shirt.

 

"I'm sorry for my drink, please let me clean that up."


She turns back to the bar and reaches for the nearest towel on the counter, but the bartender tried to get her attention.
"No! Not that ONE MISS!"


Charlene starts to rub the front of Jamaal's shirt and a dark substance starts to appear where she rubbed. She gasps again and covers her mouth:


"OH NO, I --- think I made it worse!"


Jamaal looks down at his dress shirt smeared with Charlene's drink and some dark substance. Jamaal slowly looks at Charlene with his best-winning smile:


"It's Okay--- I just wanted to say Hello and see how you are doing?"


"That's nice of you, I'm really sorry about your shirt." Charlene stares at it again.


"Charlene where are you stationed at?"


Char looks at quizzically and wonders: "I'm on the USS. Enterprise."

Jamaal's mind started turning, the Enterprise is a battlecruiser starship and Captain James T. Kirk is one of the highest decorated captains in the fleet. They consider Kirk a maverick, a one of kind officer, the man is highly profiled and recognized for his exploration. The thought of working under him would give himself a higher rank that Junior Officer. Officers alike are practically lining to be on the Enterprise, with all its citations and awards, even non-ranking people are dying to be aboard that ship.


"Really? What do you do Charlene?"


"I'm a Lieutenant and work with Lieutenant Commander Scott in engineering."


Jamaal's eyes lit up, he couldn't believe what he was hearing and the fact she outranks him brought a little jealousy. Jamaal wants to transfer there to be in action and apart of the elite crew ‘The Enterprise'! The fact the Lt. Commander Scott is a legend throughout the academy of his engineering feats is on that ship.


"You----- you work with Mr. Scott?"


Char shakes her head yes;
"The best in the fleet!"


Jamaal waves to the bartender:
"What are you drinking Charlene, I would like to buy you another one since I made the last one wasted on me." Jamaal chuckles.
"Well, I---"


"Please for old times sake."


"Okay"


"Bartender may I have an ole English ale and a---" He looks at Charlene for her order.
"Tropical fruit Daquiri please."


Since they were waiting for their drinks, Jamaal took a good look at his old girlfriend. And notices a change in her, Charlene wasn't that rough, and tumbling girl he knew back at the academy. She looks different, her figure was definite, she had curves and hips that were shaped nice. And she wore make-up that complimented her face and her hair was nicely styled. Jamaal stares into her eyes:
"Wow, Charlene you look really nice, since the academy days."


"Why thank you, Jamaal, you kinda look---- the same."


"I hope that was a compliment."


Charlene gives a slow laugh
"You know some people change and some people don't."


Their drinks arrive and Jamaal decides to take it a table for them to chat more. He wants to see how if Charlene could help him transfer to the Enterprise. Maybe a good recommendation on his file could do with her help.

"Let's take a table over there and talk about old-time Charlene."

Charlene slowly stands up, while Jamaal attempt to wrap his arms around her waist. Her foot is tangled in the stool leg, her body leans forward, her drinks spills and Jamaal in his attempt to balance her slips on the spilled fruit on the floor, his leg goes up in the air as he slipped on the fruit. His body loses balance and lands on his back with his ale and her drink toppling on top of him. Charlene with her attempt to balance the drink and her body, starts to fall forward on top, her knee jerks out and it lands squarely in between Jamaal's legs. He yells in pain and jerks up, and Charlene topples over on her side. Jamaal grabs his groin in pain holding his family jewels, his face in grimaced in pain.

Charlene stumbles up and gasps:
"OH-OH my God Jamaal, are you alright?"


There was Jamaal Edwards, laying on the floor with ale and daquiri drink soaked on his body, while Charlene was harmless clear not one drop on her dress. She attempted to bend down to help raise him up and again she slipped on the drinks and fell forward and her elbow landed sharply in his chest. Jamaal growls in pain.


"OH OH I-- I just don't know what's wrong with me, it seems I keep hurting instead of helping. I'm sorry Jamaal!"


Charlene turns to the bartender;
"Can you please call for medical help for my friend!"


The bartender leaves to get help, but before he leaves he looks suspiciously at Charlene. Charlene tried to comfort Jamaal by reaching for him, he snaps at her:


"DON'T TOUCH ME! As he holds up one of his hands to stop her and while he grimaced in pain.


"But I want to help you, you brought a drink and everything. Let me help you, Jamaal."


"NO PLEASE! I'm alright, the medical team is coming, it's good to see you, bye."


Jamaal curls up in a ball, one hand holding his family jewels the other holding his chest and moaning.
Charlene stands up and proudly steps over the moaning man, a small smile forms on her face as she heads for the exit. Two medical staff people come in with their bags and attend the injured man on the floor. Charlene turns at the entrance to observe her handy work; ‘Nothing like satisfaction for a no-good a**. It's been over ten years since Jamaal broke my heart and made me look like a fool.' She saw him at the entrance and knew he would approach her. The nerve of the man tried to ease up on me again to get on the Enterprise! Hell, no.

Then another arm surrounds her shoulders, but this hug is a welcomed one. Then a kiss on her cheek:
"Hi honey, you been waiting long, I'm sorry I took so long."


Charlene turns to her fiance':
"I'm ready Karu"


Sulu looks at the commotion in the lounge and sees the medical team.
"Something happened in there?"


Charlene took his hand and led Sulu leaning on his shoulder out into the corridor.
"Oh, some guy slipped on the floor."




Three weeks later:
"CHAR! You did what? That was Jamaal on the floor?" shouted Karu.


"Yep, it felt good kicking his a**."


"That's not fair, I wanted to kick his a**!"

Karu grabs Char, pressing his body against hers and gives her a deep sizzling kiss and whispers:
"That's my girl."






Chapter End Notes:

A/N: Jamaal is mentioned in some of my previous stories: "The Battle for Spock Part II; chapter 20" and "Transferred; Chapter 4"







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.