Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

A/N: The scene in the brig is inspired by Norman Rockwell's Evening Post illustration, "The Shiner." B ut first, Kirk, Spock, and McCoy met in Sickbay to discuss the altercation at the bachelor party.    




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


How are they, Bones?" Kirk asked.

McCoy smirked and then took a deep breath. He looked down at his medical Padd, saying, "Well, you have a couple of bruises, scratches, and mild concussions; then there's the black eyes, bite marks and lacerations. Oh! There was one broken finger."

McCoy wanted to break out laughing so bad; the people in the brig looked like schoolkids after a brawl on the playground. He had been particularly surprised to find that Nyota had been in the middle of it. McCoy was trying really hard not to look at Spock.

Kirk was hurt and furious: Hurt because he wasn't invited to the second party. Chekov had said it was for the "younger generation," which only made it worse. Then furious that there was a fight, and people were now in the brig. "The big mystery is how did those women get on the ship?" Kirk wanted to laugh too; three blossoms? The people in the brig looked like they had come from a barroom brawl. It reminded him of Deep Space Station K7 when Scotty and Chekov had fought with the Klingons. [1]

"If it weren't for the stowaways, this could be funny!" Kirk thought, shaking his head in disbelief. Security had paged him in his quarters with the message that there was an altercation on the lower deck. It took a whole team to subdue the offenders and figure out who was who. Security took statements from everyone involved, including Mrs. Spock! Kirk looked surreptitiously at Spock as he reviewed the reports; the two of them had to decide who would be reprimanded for which infractions.

"This is a bloody mess," Kirk grumbled, running his hand through his hair. "Well, Spock? Anything to say?"

"Captain, it appears that the females came aboard at Starbase 9 and registered as yeomen. It seems they were paid in advance to perform for Mr. Sulu."

Bones slapped his hand against his forehead, thinking to himself, "That didn't even sound right!" Plus he was upset with Pavel for not inviting him to the party. He liked exotic dancers just as much as any red-blooded male.

"Where did all those decorations and clothes come from?" Kirk asked.

"They were ordered, Captain. I do remember asking Ensign Chekov about the contents of his containers; he informed me that there were for the bachelor party."

Kirk took a deep breath as he prepared himself to hand out consequence to the crew members locked in the brig for brawling. "Come on, Bones. Let's interrogate the prisoners."

He turned to Spock: "Stay here, Spock. I have to dress down your wife. I'll give you my decision later."

Spock raised a brow: "I am quite capable of accepting your decision."

"Yeah, I know you are, but not Nyota. She wouldn't want you to be there."

Spock thought about it and agreed.


With the drum roll from Dragnet.

In the brig, the combatants were held in three separate cells:

Cell number one held three exotic dancers named Apple Blossom, Cherry Blossom, and Orange Blossom.

They had been the recipients of a beatdown by three crew women, for an unknown (to them) reason. Their clothes had been practically ripped off, their hair was in disarray, and they sported scratches, bruises, even a bite mark and a black eye. They were guarded by female Security officers because most males found them attractive and they were distracted. When Kirk and McCoy with his medical Padd and kit entered their cell, the three women jumped up screaming:

"Is this how we're treated?"

"We came to do a job!"

"We want compensation for being attacked!"

"Look at my eye! I want justice!"

McCoy double-checked their injuries and applied treatment. First, the women threatened to ruin Starfleet's reputation. Then Kirk made them an offer they couldn't refuse: In light of the fact that they too broke Federation laws by accepting falsified documents and inappropriately living on a starship, as well as that their boss would lose his business if the incident became public, they quickly decided to take the small compensation of being returned safely to the nearest starbase and not being reported.

Drum roll from Dragnet continued:

In the second cell, Kirk stood in front of the three female officers with his arms folded, looking them over for damage: a few scratches, a broken nail, and their disarrayed hair.

"Masters, Brody, and MRS. SPOCK!"

Nyota winced at the way he said her name; it was not good.

"Didn't I ask you NOT to have another altercation on my ship?!" "Mrs. Spock?!"

The three women slumped on the bench where they sat, but Masters' lips started to quiver as she held back her tears. Nyota then sat up straight and faced her captain:

"Yes, Sir; you did. But I had a reason this time."

Kirk held up his hand to stop her from talking:

"Mrs. Spock! You are leader, an officer, and the Communications officer at that!"

Nyota had been communicating with her fist in their faces and her foot up their a$$es. Nyota bowed her head, trying not to anger the captain more; she knew he was disappointed because of his high expectations of her. What made matters worse was that she was married to the first officer.

"Yes, Sir. I'm sorry for failing you," Nyota said somberly.

Kirk took a deep breath: "The three of you are relieved of duty until further notice."

Kirk and McCoy left for the next cell.

Masters started sniffling: "How could 'Karu do this to me-to us! On our wedding day!" Then she crashed her head into Eve's shoulder and started crying.

"Come on, Char; it's going to be okay," Eve said, trying to comfort her as she patted her back. "That little Russian is going to pay for this!" Eve hissed.

Nyota hung her head, afraid to open her bond with Spock, imagining how disappointed he would be with her. Then she decided to see the humor in it and started to chuckle.

"I've got to admit, 'Char, you beat the crap out that one with the skimpy orange outfit. You gave her a black eye."

Charlene sat up and wiped her eyes: "Yes, I did! I think I kicked the sh!t out of her."

The three looked at each other and started laughing: "We did it together too!" Eve added.

"Yeah, but I have a husband and commander to contend with."

Charlene looked at her long-time friend: "Oh, I hope he won't feel bad about this; I feel bad."

"Charlene, you have your own problems with this whole thing."

"I'm pretty mad at 'Karu because he participated in THAT party! He was shirtless, and those bimbos had their hands all over him! The wedding is OFF! How can I trust him? And Pavel planned it! Sneaky little sex maniac!"

Drum roll from Dragnet continued:

In the next cell, Sulu, Chekov, Tristan Morris, and Link Hayes sat quietly.

Sulu couldn't say anything; he just sat there shirtless and sighing, wondering what Charlene thought of him. He felt she didn't trust him. "This is what you get for keeping secrets." He held his head down.

"Why, Pavel? Why did you do it when I asked you not to?"

"I'm sorry, Heekaru. I thought it vould be okay, like vhen ve used to hang out and party."

"I'm sorry too, Sulu. Chekov said it was a win-win! Is your girl really mad?" Tristan asked.

"I wouldn't put it past her."

"Man, Sulu! Your fiancée can fight! She gave one of those Blossom women a shiner!" Hayes said, chuckling.

"She sure did! But that's nothing compared to vhat the Keptin ees going to do to us," Chekov said.

Kirk and McCoy arrived at the entrance to the cell: "You are so right, Technician Chekov."

Chekov sat up, and then the Captain's statement hit him: he'd been demoted. He slapped his head in revelation.

"I'm sorry, Keptin! I didn't mean for theengs to get thees carried avay. I just vanted a seemple party for my friend."

"So simple, Mister, that multiple Starfleet and Federation codes were broken. Do you know how much of a headache you gave me for your 'simple' party?" Kirk asked.

"Simple?" McCoy asked sarcastically, pointing his thumb at him." 'Simple' he says! And the Captain is not as upset as I was that I wasn't invited. I could've supplied better liquor for the party-vintage!" McCoy added. "And, boy, do I know women! Jim, remember that place on Argelius II..." [2]

Kirk snapped: "Dr. McCoy, please focus!"

"Sorry, Captain."

A yeoman came by and handed McCoy a standard black Starfleet T-shirt, which he tossed at Sulu. "It must be getting drafty in there."

Sulu took the shirt and started pulling over his head.

Kirk added a little humor: "Yeah, we don't want Sulu walking around like D'Artagnan again."[3]

Sulu froze in position with his shirt halfway down his torso, sighing at the jibe.

"Gentlemen, you are all relieved of duty until further notice. I need to negotiate with Starfleet and the Federation to try to keep you out of serious trouble."

Kirk and McCoy started to leave:

"Captain, how is Charlene?" Sulu asked, looking for any reason to hope that she would forgive him.

Kirk looked at McCoy, who said gently, "I think you two need some time; that's my opinion. Just remember today was supposed to be her wedding day."

Sulu sagged deeper into the bench: "Thank you, Doctor."

Kirk and McCoy left to determine the men's fate in Starfleet; the three men looked at Sulu somberly, feeling sorry about his canceled wedding day.

Link took a deep breath: "I know this isn't going to help, but I'm deeply sorry about this, Sulu."

"I'm sorry as well, Tristan added. "It sounded like a foolproof plan, and we didn't think of the consequences."

But Sulu was heartbroken. He hoped Charlene would eventually understand that he hadn't known about the whole thing.

"Do you vant me to explain to her, Sulu?" Pavel asked.

"Please don't make it any worse. If she ever speaks to me again, it will be a miracle!"

"Just geeve me a chance, 'Karu; I can feex thees for you!"

Karu looked at Pavel: "You don't understand, Pavel! Char trusted me, and I trusted her. Even though you may say it was your idea or it wasn't my fault, I let her down. When you trust someone you love, they need to be able to trust you too. I was working on that with her; she... told me she had trust issues, and I failed her!

Pavel felt bad that he hadn't understood at first. He had thought he was losing a friend to a needy woman. Now, he felt guilty that his plan had gone wrong, and Sulu was paying the price for it.

"I'm wery sorry, Heekaru!"

"Too late! This was supposed to be our wedding day." 'Karu took a deep breath and leaned back against the wall, closing his eyes. "I love you Charlene."

About two hours later, the three groups of people were released and faced their fates.

After the debriefing, Scotty, McCoy, Kirk and Spock sat in the conference room.


Spock sensed the tension in the air as he looked at his three friends; he saw the expressions on their taut faces. He knew what was coming; they slowly turned toward Spock and stared.

Then Scotty, McCoy, and Kirk looked at each other and burst out laughing about the whole event. They laughed so hard they had to hold each other up. Spock could only lean back against the desk with raised eyebrows and folded arms and observe.

His wife would be the butt of all their jokes, and they would take great pleasure in reminding him of this event.


Later that evening, Nyota was released from the brig. She went to the quarters she shared with Spock, showered, and set her hair. She looked up and saw her husband; she didn't dare open up their bond. His face, which was a closed book to most people, told her clearly how he felt about her conduct. Nyota sighed deeply. Spock extended his hand to her, and she walked over and took it. He gathered her up and carried to their bed, as he had done on their wedding night. Spock cradled her while she sat in his lap and leaned against his muscular chest.

"I'm sorry, Ashayam," she whispered. She knew her behavior had disturbed him, not only as her superior officer and her husband-but worse-as a Vulcan husband. But she didn't regret the kicka$$ fight to defend her friend.

 






Chapter End Notes:

 

A/N:

Star Trek TOS: The Trouble with Tribbles [1]

A Wolf in the Fold [2]

The Naked Time [3]

 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.